• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
d6tumavuwaazj1j0fkpf.jpeg

I was going to say that was a lot less creepy than I expected, but then I noticed his nostrils... Also, are his gloves & shoes organic?

I mean, I still like it, but I'm a bit unnerved.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All of these are both horrifying and amazing

Some of the more cutesy redesigns actually work pretty well!

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't he already working on GOW2?

If so, he really manages his time well to do all of this side work

Is amazing, btw

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't have expected that Luigi, but my goodness does it work.

Edit: Omg he's doing the Luigi Death Stare™.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Luigi...

tenor.gif

Sometimes transfering cartoonish character in a very realistic style just doesn't work.
It's movie Sonic weird and creepy. When Grasetti does characters that fit his gritty, realistic style they're amazing though. I loved his work in God of War so much.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
When he does content that fits his style it is absolutely incredible, but when he's doing cartoon characters it looks even more creepy than the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu.
Yeah, technically it's amazing but these designs makes me glad that Nintendo isn't trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft on mature themes, high fidelity and realism. This style just doesn't fit their games in my opinion.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The mostly negative reactions on the first few pages are kinda funny in hindsight - hes only gotten better.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Should we be sad or glad the Illumination Mario movie won't have these character designs?