• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

The seamless open world of Rage 2 is full of opportunity for an enterprising Ranger. Any time you want to veer off the main path, you'll find a lot to explore. As id Software Studio Director Tim Willits explains, there's never a dull moment when you're prowling the wasteland.

"Once you leave the starting area, the entire world is open, and you'll encounter dynamic events everywhere you go," says Willits. "You may find a bandit outpost to clear out, or a race you want to run, or a convoy that needs destroying. Completing these types of activities will also help your relationship with some of the key characters in the main story. Everything you do will be rewarded."

Races

The Torn Plains Racetrack is heaven for speed demons and adrenaline junkies. Win different cars by racing on the curvy, multi-path tracks, riddled with jumps and hazards. You can also come across drivers anywhere in the wasteland and challenge them to a quick pick-up race. The starting and ending points for a pick-up race are based on where the race is initiated, so no two courses are the same.

Convoys

Convoys are massive, heavily defended fortresses on wheels; they'll require skillful driving and all your combat expertise to take them down. Convoys consist of a monstrous leader that is protected by a number of different vehicles, from fast attack bikes to medium-sized muscle cars, all armed to the brim and ready to tear you to pieces. Both the Immortal Shrouded and the Goon Squad have their own convoys with unique faction vehicles that patrol different areas of the world.

Mutant Bash

Face off against wave after wave of progressively more challenging enemies in the Mutant Bash arena to win prizes and wasteland fame. Now hosted by a woman named Desdemonya, this new Mutant Bash TV is more twisted and cruel than ever before. Be sure to stock up on ammo, grenades and Wingsticks before you attempt Mutant Bash. There's a resupply phase between waves, but it's just barely enough to keep you in the fight.

Ark Hunting

Locating Arks is your key to upgrading Walker with new gear and nanotrite abilities, but not all of them are easy to find. Some you'll discover through missions, and some you'll locate by gathering valuable intel around the wasteland. Talk to folks in town and keep an eye out for data pads or audio recordings that might hold some useful information.

Helping Out Allies

Your allies in the wasteland are going to have plenty of work for you. Go back to them often to see if they have additional quests (with additional rewards, of course).

Bounties

Feel like doing a little hunting? Some of the hub cities will have bounties you can pick up. Hunt down your target and take them out for a sweet prize. There's no "dead or alive" in the post-post-apocalyptic wasteland.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/06/rage-2-inside-the-wild-wild-wasteland/

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 on PC if it's still coming to steam. Never know with these Epic dickheads anymore I suppose.

If not then please be good on consoles too.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
That combat reminded me of Titanfall 2 + Doom + Mad Max. I wasn't particularly interested in this, but I'm anticipating Rage 2 now

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
should have just called it rage subtitle...putting a 2 on there just reminds me of the prequel that might as well just be a different franchise entirely

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
This game knows what it is and that confidence is sexy. That was one incredibly amped up trailer. best of show, they have me interested.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
That's a good trailer because I'm kind of actually interested in this now lol. Good use of Danny Brown too.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this game looks really good and what a fantastic trailer, looks like pure fun and it knows what it's trying to be.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
ID is doing the shooting mechanics and Avalanche is doing the open world. I played this shit at quakecon and it feels so good.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just echoing what others have said about the song, but Danny Brown fucking slaps. The whole trailer was well edited too. Game is shaping up well

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 on PC if it's still coming to steam. Never know with these Epic dickheads anymore I suppose.

If not then please be good on consoles too.

I spoke too soon possibly! GMG updated their page for the game to say it has bethesda net DRM.

Here I was worrying about Epic when an even worse client snuck up on me.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
That looked pretty cool. Think I'm gonna download rage 1 from gamepass and see what it was like. I played but I barely remember anything about it other than the shotgun being godtier and the shit ending.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
I spoke too soon possibly! GMG updated their page for the game to say it has bethesda net DRM.

Here I was worrying about Epic when an even worse client snuck up on me.

GMG is known to have keys for other than Steam tho, they didnt dish out Ubi keys for Steam for example only Uplay at some point, so could still come to other places as well

God i hope so because after Fallout 76 i am not touching that client

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
This continues to be one of my most hyped games. Looks better and better every time they show it. Also the song for the trailer was perfect.