• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Did you do Substation Bravo as well?
clarity.gif

Shit... thanks, good looking out, haha.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
The game feels shallow and unintestering from alot of points of view, but god damn how much fun I'm having cleaning some very busy outpost.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
8 hours in now and yeah it's OK, nothing special but not really offensive either. Learning the talent to track boxes and tapes made the game waaaaay less frustrating so that was a good call, and the one where you can reload whilst sprinting is a must. One thing that really bugs me is you can't fast travel from town to town, you've got to walk outside then do it, seems pointless.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an upgrade at some point that makes it you don't have to aim at like the 10x10 pixels square target where you can then press X for any items you want to loot? It's super annoying to loot anything in the world right now

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Wow just played alittle and this game is not a looker on consoles,im playing on xbox one x on a sony 4k tv it looks hazy it is fun tho.

Same on PC, it's really blurry and soft and some of the character models are terrible, whilst others actually look really good. Overall it's a mixed bag visually, but leaning more to the bad side imo.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Is there an upgrade at some point that makes it you don't have to aim at like the 10x10 pixels square target where you can then press X for any items you want to loot? It's super annoying to loot anything in the world right now
seriously this drives me up the wall. especially with how the controller feels in this game. It's a lesson in frustration everytime.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Anybody else having the glitch where some dialogue just straight up doesn't come through when you're talking to characters in person? Mega annoying.

Oct 29, 2017
The Progress Booster says it doubles all feltrite collected for 4 hours. Does that option go away after 4 hours, or can I turn it back on again? I don't want to mess anything up.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
The Progress Booster says it doubles all feltrite collected for 4 hours. Does that option go away after 4 hours, or can I turn it back on again? I don't want to mess anything up.
Once you turn it on, it's on for 4 hours of in game time (not even in game menu's count) and then once the 4 hours expires the option in the cheats menu disappears (I think you can buy the booster via the microtransaction store and it'll re-appear).

I was kind of annoyed, I accidentally toggled it on when poking through the cheats menu.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
This might be the first game where I actually have to bump up the difficulty. Hard mode feels kind of too easy to me.

Oct 29, 2017
Once you turn it on, it's on for 4 hours of in game time (not even in game menu's count) and then once the 4 hours expires the option in the cheats menu disappears (I think you can buy the booster via the microtransaction store and it'll re-appear).

I was kind of annoyed, I accidentally toggled it on when poking through the cheats menu.

Ah thanks, so it is a one and done kind of thing. Guess I'll save it for when I need it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Spent a few hours with it today on ps4 pro. Framerate is nice but it isn't exactly the prettiest. Gunplay is fun but wow the characters, dialogue and story are sooooooo bad. Will have fun with it for a bit and send it back. Might pick it up on pc on sale later...this one isn't going to grab me from the looks of it.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Extremely slow first hour made me feel like I made the wrong choice, but combat is elevating this to addictive levels for me.

It's super ugly from a technical perspective though. Would've given up 60fps for 4K on X. IQ doesn't look like 1080p at all as many people have said, and there's lots of noise in the motion blur. The particle effects are about the nicest thing in the whole visual package.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
instead of the nonsense cheat code stuff they should have added a simple cel shade mode like Far Cry 1(!) had, problem solved. on the Pro it is one of the ugliest games this console generation and the blurry IQ is like from the Wii U. in the sand area there are skyscrapers that look like from the PS2 generation. it is just hideous.
Do you really think people will take you seriously with statements like these? Come on man, we get you don't like the game but you're just wrong.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I suck at shooters with out regen, I am having a hard as fuck time at the beginning

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
So how much Mad Max is in this game? I beat it on PC and liked it a lot, it was a great podcast game, and I currently have it installed on PS4 Pro and am slowly going through it trying to platinum. So if Rage 2 is a lot like Mad Max that would make me pretty happy.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
In a game that's already very soft looking, why they decided to keep chromatic aberration is beyond me. Turning it off helps clean up the image, but its still one of the softer 1080p games I've played. Playing on the X1X btw.

I get 60fps above all else, but this really should have been left with an uncapped dynamic res. If the PS4 Pro can do this at 1080/60, the X1X should be pushing above that whenever there's the headroom.

Coming off of Wolfenstein 2 recently which was dynamic 4k, this is pretty rough. The shooting feels leagues better than Wolfenstein though.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So how much Mad Max is in this game? I beat it on PC and liked it a lot, it was a great podcast game, and I currently have it installed on PS4 Pro and am slowly going through it trying to platinum. So if Rage 2 is a lot like Mad Max that would make me pretty happy.
The open world stuff is really comparable. Just switch Mad Max' Batman combat with DOOM combat and you have RAGE 2.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't get too far into it but the gunplay is great. The plot is awful, like they should've leaned hard into irrelevant and jokes instead of this mess, and I remember being wow'd by how Rage looked on the 360 and underwhelmed by how this looks on a base Xbox One, but otherwise being happy about shooting and disappointed by anything not shooting/wingsticking seems like the exact Rage sequel I never knew would happen but wanted.

That first hour, goddamn. Main character jumps into a suit from a recently deceased dead dude like it's no thing and they kill the MCs foster mom and then somehow she left a video just in case everyone died and the MC became a ranger even though she was surprised when it happened, and then the MC joked about her death to her daughter right away and they're the protagonist. Yeesh

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
The open world stuff is really comparable. Just switch Mad Max' Batman combat with DOOM combat and you have RAGE 2.

Yep. This is VERY Mad Max. Swap out collecting "scrap" for "junk", replace the melee combat with shooting, etc. Even driving around it feels like Mad Max with colored smoke added to the open world. Same empty spaces with broken pieces of elevated highway littered about, etc.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Four hours in, and I'm having a blast. Unless something terrible happens, this might be my GoTY so far.

The visuals are rough, even on PC. It's as if the game is running at 720p, despite me running it on my 1440p monitor.

That said, the actual combat mechanics are stellar. Coming off of games like Metro Exodus and Days Gone, it sure is great to have a shooter where the movement, aiming, accuracy, and weapon feedback are all incredibly satisfying. The sentiment that this is Doom's combat modded into Mad Max's open-world could not be more accurate.

The narrative is weak, but thankfully there doesn't seem to be a ton of it past the intro, and the voice acting is at least decent.

The structure is certainly another checklist-based open world game, but the gameplay is so rock solid that I will take every opportunity to engage in combat.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This game is the definition of "alright". I feel like the generic level design is what's keeping it back, both in terms of the open world and when it comes to combat.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Because the world outside the frenetic shooting is ramshackle
Perhaps I just had certain and easy to satisfy expectations but it's a shooter, that's what should come first over different sorts of side activities that take away from the core gameplay loop and everything in the game satisfies the shooter fan in me.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy the shooting but my god is this game juvenile. Stop swearing so much, I cuss like a sailor and this is ridiculous. It's like it was written by 13 year olds.

Really this shouldn't have been open world, it feels like knock-off Farcry with better shooting. Which isn't the worst thing but man do the systems in this game try DESPERATELY to sap all the fun of the actual good bits.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gut feeling right now is this is going to be another sales failure for Bethesda and they're going to do some hard thinking about their FPS games future.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Gut feeling right now is this is going to be another sales failure for Bethesda and they're going to do some hard thinking about their FPS games future.
He says as DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood, a new Arkane game and Wolfenstein III will be released within the next year and a half. It's clearly working out for them otherwise why'd they bother green lighting these projects?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He says as DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood, a new Arkane game and Wolfenstein III will be released within the next year and a half.
Well yeah those are already deep into production. I'm talking about after these, long term thinking, they can't rely on Doom and Doom alone to buoy all these projects they launch that end up not hitting sales milestones. Most of them haven't.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really feel like being open world hurts this game, it's at its best when you're knee deep in shit and just wasting fools, everything else just feels like a waste of time until you get to fight some more. Driving around in that clunky vehicle is just boring. The linear, scripted sections are by far the best.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I really feel like being open world hurts this game, it's at its best when you're knee deep in shit and just wasting fools, everything else just feels like a waste of time until you get to fight some more. Driving around in that clunky vehicle is just boring. The linear, scripted sections are by far the best.
The open world gets in the way. Once you get the hoverbike you can at least skip it. Try to get as many arks as possible early on game is so much better once you learn all the abilities.