• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
And as soon as I made the above post, the game decided to glitch out on me. The mission 'Ground Control' has the "call the EcoPod down from the orbit" as its active objective.. Except that I already did that like 5 minutes ago. Now I'm fucking stuck, I guess. If I got into the EcoPod, all I find there is a locked handscanner. Tried loading earlier saves, but that seemed to break things even further.

Great. And all I wanted was to unlock the goddamn helicopter.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
20 hours in I am close to saying that this is probably the best gunplay ever.
Doom's chainsaw and glory kill mechanic make that a strong contender, too, and overall more unique and polished.
but the weapons in Rage 2 just feel better in my opinion.
the assault rifle and shotgun are top tier, I never get tired of them. they feel so damn good, the hit feedback is visceral and satisfying and a league of it's own. Doom can't touch this.

the strongest weapon in the game is the pulse cannon easily, melts everything with no problem, even the arc sentries.
the most fun weapon is probably the dart launcher, I thought first it might not be practical and useful enough, but I am glad it's great against the spongy shroud enemies.
Speaking of which, I am also very happy with the enemy variety in this game. There are 3 different factions of enemies and you need to approach them all very differently, on top of that they also come in more armored variants, some mini bosses and some large bosses which I did not expect at all.
The best moments, apart from the standard shooting off armor and dismembering enemies which I cannot overstate how good it feels, are probably the mutants who light themselves on fire which can be shot for a big glorious BOOM inbetween. I generally love the explosions in the game, darting enemies to barrels or swirling them together with the vortex power feels just as good. Rage 2 is such a fantastic, wonderful mayhem.

I am close to finishing the game, just a few points of interest left on the map and I loved every single minute so far.
I have to say the game has great pacing, but how is a game paced without a real story in an open world? through the upgrades and those have kept me extremely motivated for 20 hours so I am glad the game is over soon, but it was a wild ride.
I feel these upgrades were very well balanced and paced throughout the game so I always felt motivated to do more. in many other games I get the upgrades that interest me in the first few hours and after that I don't care anymore. that would have killed Rage 2 for me, but luckily you can upgrade so many strong features that keep you motivated through the end.

Sure the game has problems but apart from the technical issues they didn't really bother me. The driving is serviceable and you get the the flyer pretty soon so that was never a problem for me, quite the contrary, I loved exploring on my own, BOTW style. first all the arcs for powers and guns, then all the other POI to upgrade them, some of the story missions in between. I am also glad I played on hard, I died quite a few times and I think that difficulty was perfect for me. only in the last ~5 hours did I really become strong enough to handle the level 8+ points of interests easily. I cheesed some of them earlier, though.

It's a shame many FPS enthusiasts will never see this glorious gunplay because of the poor reviews, but I think rage 2 will find it's audience in time through word of mouth. I think it's a lot better than both Rage 1 and Mad Max, I am also glad it's open world. Let Doom have the linear experience and Rage have the open world approach, I like different approaches and it works for me this way.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gunplay of this game is so fun. I dont remember what was the last time I had this much fun with a FPS game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
And as soon as I made the above post, the game decided to glitch out on me. The mission 'Ground Control' has the "call the EcoPod down from the orbit" as its active objective.. Except that I already did that like 5 minutes ago. Now I'm fucking stuck, I guess. If I got into the EcoPod, all I find there is a locked handscanner. Tried loading earlier saves, but that seemed to break things even further.

The save's even more screwed up than I expected lol.

chMkLrA.jpg

Reloading an earlier save made the hull of the Pod disappear and now it's just the playable sections, floating in mid-air. And the lights, for some reason.

Goddamn it. How is it even possible for an incredibly linear mission to glitch out like this. And of course the game doesn't auto-save before a mission nor does it give me the option to restart this mission, so I guess this playthrough is fucked.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
20 hours in I am close to saying that this is probably the best gunplay ever.

giphy.gif

lets not get carried away...the AI is fucking dumb, the impact is not really there, even with the hailed shotgun it feels very oldschool in its core and the other weapons beside assault rifle, shotgun and rocket launcher just suck.

the movement feels very stiff and robotic too and the player is never challenged in this game because everything is cannon fodder. the assault rifle is stuttering to give the feeling of recoil which is not even there. many 90s FPS games had better gun feeling than this game.

edit:
besides that, the chainsaw and glory kills were the thing which let Doom down. i want to play a shooter, not a glorified melee game where i have to resort to melee attacks to get ammo and health on harder difficulties. it was a dumb decision.

Doom also had problem with the feeling of real impact, for a game touting "rip and tear" it felt surprisingly flat most of the time and the impact of weapons could have needed more oomph to them. Both Doom and Rage 2 are massively overrated for their gunplay.

Last edited:

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
The tank is fun as fuck, but making me pay $500 to call it is insane. Does the game not want me to use it ever??

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

lets not get carried away...the AI is fucking dumb, the impact is not really there, even with the hailed shotgun it feels very oldschool in its core and the other weapons beside assault rifle, shotgun and rocket launcher just suck.

the movement feels very stiff and robotic too and the player is never challenged in this game because everything is cannon fodder. the assault rifle is stuttering to give the feeling of recoil which is not even there. many 90s FPS games had better gun feeling than this game.

edit:
besides that, the chainsaw and glory kills were the thing which let Doom down. i want to play a shooter, not a glorified melee game where i have to resort to melee attacks to get ammo and health on harder difficulties. it was a dumb decision.

Doom also had problem with the feeling of real impact, for a game touting "rip and tear" it felt surprisingly flat most of the time and the impact of weapons could have needed more oomph to them. Both Doom and Rage 2 are massively overrated for their gunplay.

Things go down too quick on Normal. Play it on hard and I can absolutely see why he'd say it's the best gunplay ever. It doesn't reach that mark for me but it's high up there. The feedback is great in this game, where they can even make a basic assault rifle feel good to use with great enemy impact and let you hipfire it at full accuracy for run and gun. The shotgun is one of the best in any shooter, easy. And the pulse cannon is also a favorite of mine and just shreds through enemies.

I completely disagree with your stance on the movement feeling stiff and the AI being bad. The movement alone is above the average shooter for giving you abilities like the dash and the vortex which you can use as an impromptu jump pad to evade danger or set up a ground slam. The AI actually reminds me a lot of Rage 1 which I'm glad they respected that in the way that enemies will go through a ton of different animations while fighting to keep you on your toes, even jumping and flipping around to dodge shots. I've seen one jump on their back and shoot me from the ground. The different factions also obviously have different patterns which adds to the combat variety, mutants rush you in crazy frenzies while others like the shrouded try to flank and be more tactical etc.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

edit:

disagree on absolutely everything, but mostly on the doom chainsaw and glory kills, the risk and reward thinking with those elevated that game over all other fps of the past decade. brilliant decision and brilliant gameplay.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

edit:

It must be hard for you to see people enjoy things you don't.

IOnEI Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Can someone explain to me how the defibrillator works? For some reason I cannot figure it out. I have been trying to get the achievement where you gain 100% health and kill 3 people immediately and can never get more than 50% health. Something is wrong with me, ha!

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Not all of them. Maybe some will help. So it starts by showing you the sequence right? And then you input the commands after the preview?
You really only need to get the timing on the first one down, then press the rest of the corresponding buttons. I play on ps4. It goes: triangle, square, cross, circle. Anytime the moving circle is inside the bubble, press the button.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anybody knows which songs are playing during the chazcar derby race? Trying to get the trophy for 3:03 min. and I just realized that there are different songs playing, like when you restart the race for example.

There is a punk rock song right now and I would like to know the name of the band. Going by the lyrics and chorus, the name of the song could be "get away" or something like that.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019

You're just bad if you had to resort to glory kills for ammo

Otherwise yeah Rage 2 is kinda terrible on all ends. its weightless, slow even when using the dashes and most of all the ia is way too dumb. it shows that avalanche actually did the game, while ID were simply consulting. Pretty much nothing outside the base gun / assault rifle and rocket launcher feel good to use

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
You're just bad if you had to resort to glory kills for ammo

Otherwise yeah Rage 2 is kinda terrible on all ends. its weightless, slow even when using the dashes and most of all the ia is way too dumb. it shows that avalanche actually did the game, while ID were simply consulting. Pretty much nothing outside the base gun / assault rifle and rocket launcher feel good to use
not even the shotgun? i definitely think it's great.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Ok I have only just realised Arks show up on the map when you use Focus... did they tell you that at the start????
They did. That said, I just finished the game and there weren't any arks appearing on focus, but I still didn't have the dart launcher or the grav hole power. Really bummed about that...sucks really. Had about 14 hours in the game, I was definitely clearing a lot of side content.
Game over with the map cleared. Hitting up random outposts with all your powers is a lot of fun. Whenever I was not clearing outposts I wasn't having fun. This game is mixed I can't really recommend :(
I've never been so mixed on a game. I love the combat encounters, and the feedback from kills is amazing. However, everything outside of it is so frustrating. My second to last play session I completely forgot about the perks you can add on top of the powers, and spent a couple minutes spending 20 points on all these powers.

I also don't understand why the tank costs $500 to call...let alone that you can only upgrade one vehicle. I mean I used the Icarus 90% of the time once I had it unlocked, so the upgraded main jeep didn't matter at all.

The save's even more screwed up than I expected lol.

chMkLrA.jpg

Reloading an earlier save made the hull of the Pod disappear and now it's just the playable sections, floating in mid-air. And the lights, for some reason.

Goddamn it. How is it even possible for an incredibly linear mission to glitch out like this. And of course the game doesn't auto-save before a mission nor does it give me the option to restart this mission, so I guess this playthrough is fucked.
I definitely had the same exact glitch, but I was able to use autosaves that were mid-mission. Not sure why there weren't any for you to load back to? I tried loading back to when you call it down but it kept glitching the same way, so I had to choose one a couple back and replay some of the mission again.
B2BDCF7E7D622E41CAF4B8D7FABBE51FFC5680F5

The ground control glitch (that's talking to the Doctor right?) was fucked. I hated that...I skipped that mission for hours before returning and finally looking up the fix. You have to talk to his "legs" and it'll start the dialogue.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

edit:

The AI is not the best but the enemies move in interesting ways.
The shotgun is incredible, it doesn't feel "old school" in any kind of way.
The other weapons don't "just suck", upgrade them and every weapon shines.
The movement is stiff is possible the WORST comment I've read from you. Movement in this game is great, especially when you unlock later abilities.

Honestly, it just reads like you're not very good at this game or shooters in general.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely had the same exact glitch, but I was able to use autosaves that were mid-mission. Not sure why there weren't any for you to load back to? I tried loading back to when you call it down but it kept glitching the same way, so I had to choose one a couple back and replay some of the mission again.
B2BDCF7E7D622E41CAF4B8D7FABBE51FFC5680F5

The ground control glitch (that's talking to the Doctor right?) was fucked. I hated that...I skipped that mission for hours before returning and finally looking up the fix. You have to talk to his "legs" and it'll start the dialogue.

It had made a couple of auto-saves, but they were all within a minute or so of each other, right before the room where you call down the Pod, all equally borked. Maybe the auto-save system is just.. Dumb.

Doesn't seem fixable, unfortunately, and as far as I know, this is the mission that would've unlocked the tiny helicopter for me? If I at least had that I could just skip all main story content and fly around the world killing bad guys for a dozen hours, feeling fulfilled with my time with the game. But as it is, I guess I'll just drop the playthrough here, hope Halo Reach for PC is out soon to satisfy my FPS needs and return later on.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
They did. That said, I just finished the game and there weren't any arks appearing on focus, but I still didn't have the dart launcher or the grav hole power. Really bummed about that...sucks really. Had about 14 hours in the game, I was definitely clearing a lot of side content.

I thought Vortex was one of the Arks that's marked on the map for you already, maybe I'm wrong about that, but I remember it was like the 3rd Ark I found. Grav-Dart is next to the The Wilds Eco-Pod, and it's a fun weapon but kind of useless if you're fighting off more than three guys at once. I got the Rush ability last which after all the others was sort of underwhelming.

Vortex and the Barrier upgraded to level 3 are a fun combo as the Barrier has a perk that shreds enemies.

I did the 3 faction missions first, then went to all the Arks while playing with the abilities at camps and objectives before looping back to the story missions.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
It had made a couple of auto-saves, but they were all within a minute or so of each other, right before the room where you call down the Pod, all equally borked. Maybe the auto-save system is just.. Dumb.

Doesn't seem fixable, unfortunately, and as far as I know, this is the mission that would've unlocked the tiny helicopter for me? If I at least had that I could just skip all main story content and fly around the world killing bad guys for a dozen hours, feeling fulfilled with my time with the game. But as it is, I guess I'll just drop the playthrough here, hope Halo Reach for PC is out soon to satisfy my FPS needs and return later on.
You don't have any other saves before that mission for sure? Like I said it broke the same exact way but I had autosaves far enough back to go to.
I thought Vortex was one of the Arks that's marked on the map for you already, maybe I'm wrong about that, but I remember it was like the 3rd Ark I found. Grav-Dart is next to the The Wilds Eco-Pod, and it's a fun weapon but kind of useless if you're fighting off more than three guys at once. I got the Rush ability last which after all the others was sort of underwhelming.

Vortex and the Barrier upgraded to level 3 are a fun combo as the Barrier has a perk that shreds enemies.

I did the 3 faction missions first, then went to all the Arks while playing with the abilities at camps and objectives before looping back to the story missions.
I was actively hunting arks over all else, so I'm not sure how I missed them. I got the rush ability before barrier. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to the list of things that really could have been polished up. I strongly disagree with the decision of being able to finish the game before giving you access to all of the powers/weapons.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
I was actively hunting arks over all else, so I'm not sure how I missed them. I got the rush ability before barrier. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to the list of things that really could have been polished up. I strongly disagree with the decision of being able to finish the game before giving you access to all of the powers/weapons.

Yeah that was a weird design decision for this. I think that's just Avalanche's way, they do that in JC as well with a loto f fun stuff to upgrade and unlock but you can ignore most of it. Here it makes such a different in the combat and options that they should've put all the Arks on the map after the first one and highly encouraged the player to go get them. There's so many bizarre decisions in this (whoever thought hide and go seek with boxes containing the various micro currencies was fun, making the Ark powers and weapons optional, multiple layers of bad UI for upgrades, etc) make it so while I'm digging it the game deserves every criticism.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I am only like 4 hours in now but I really, really wish I went with my gut and did not let the reviews dismay me. And the funny thing is I never, ever listen to reviews either. It was one Quick Look video in general that turned me off to the game. Looking back I now realize it not only seems like the hosts were being particularly harsh on the game for no real reason, they fucking sucked at playing it as well which did not help things.

This game is fucking damn good fun. What turned me off most in the reviews was the driving, but I have done so little of it and it is such an insignificant part of the game (at least currently), it is at worse a very minor annoyance. At best it is a nice little cooldown in between the absolute stellar fucking FPS mechanics and gunplay. Just wish I realized this sooner.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I like to imagine I'm making a level designer cry every time I call in the Icarus hover bike thing.

"So this level will be like a gauntlet that the player has to get through to reach the arc. We'll have enemies on the high ground between... oh, and he just flew straight over it all and landed right on the arc."

"I'm thinking a tower. The player fights their way up from the ground, level by level, then we have a classic miniboss at the very top along with... oh, he just landed right on the miniboss's head."

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Finished it today. I thought it was lame as fuck. It's just so incredibly easy and I didn't even need to go pick up the last two weapons since the rocket launcher, shotgun, and assault rifle were destroying everything. Played on hard, I guess I could have knocked it up to max difficulty but I can't see that making much of a difference with how OP I was by the 10 hour mark. They just flooded the game with random boring tasks with no incentive to even do them, there's no drive or fun things to discover. As empty as Fallout 4's world was, this is even more empty.

The tasks end up becoming repetitive, the open world is hollow, and the graphics are thoroughly unimpressive aside from some moments driving out and about looking at the landscapes. The cities in particular are awful looking compared to today's standards.

When I started it I thought it was going to be a step up from Mad Max, but I loved that game way more than this.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I want to keep playing but there's absolutely nothing left to do. Games like this really need to launch with a new game plus.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Finished it today. I thought it was lame as fuck. It's just so incredibly easy and I didn't even need to go pick up the last two weapons since the rocket launcher, shotgun, and assault rifle were destroying everything. Played on hard, I guess I could have knocked it up to max difficulty but I can't see that making much of a difference with how OP I was by the 10 hour mark. They just flooded the game with random boring tasks with no incentive to even do them, there's no drive or fun things to discover. As empty as Fallout 4's world was, this is even more empty.

The tasks end up becoming repetitive, the open world is hollow, and the graphics are thoroughly unimpressive aside from some moments driving out and about looking at the landscapes. The cities in particular are awful looking compared to today's standards.

When I started it I thought it was going to be a step up from Mad Max, but I loved that game way more than this.

I couldn't even finish it. This is the most boring shit I've played for the past couple of years. 'Lifeless' is the word I can describe this thing.

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
Agree. Despite my better judgment i picked this up on day 1 because i wanted a new FPS to play and the videos made it seem like fun times. I played about 3-4 hours and i haven't gone back since. The game is just a lifeless boring unfun piece of crap. People saying that the weapons and the gunplay are great in this need some serious reality check. Doom was satisfying and fun. Wolfenstein games are fun. This is mundane and boring as fuck. Just to get the taste out of my mouth i went ahead and bought Far Cry 5 and immediately felt so much more fun in every possible way compared to this.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Nightmare should be the default difficulty. Even that's too easy once you get upgraded a little.

I really like the gunplay, but mainly because of all the crazy shit you can do. You can clear out entire outposts with a couple of wingstick throws if the enemies aren't armored. It's not very challenging.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
People saying that the weapons and the gunplay are great in this need some serious reality check
Why? Most people who say this have more than likely progressed farther than you have and unlocked more abilities/weapons.

You can still like the combat and think everything else is terrible...

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia

Exactly my sentiment. I was beyond excited for this game but damn, what a disappointment. Even though gunplay is fun, everything else is uninspired, boring and lifeless. I can't even remember one characater or line of dialogue during my 10-15 hours. What a shame.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Why? Most people who say this have more than likely progressed farther than you have and unlocked more abilities/weapons.

I dont think they're all that great honestly. You cant have great combat when the AI is so unspectacular and everything is so easy. And you are so obscenely overpowered. The assault rifle feels pretty good, but nothing exceptional. I think the shotgun is run of the mill, its not worth mentioning. The rocket launcher is standard fare. And i dont agree that shooting armor pieces off enemies is something great. It feels like shooting blanks.

Its a weird game to give a verdict for. The gunplay is cool, pretty good, but by this time saying its sooo amazeballs just feels like people repeating what others are saying. You just go through everything so easy, theres no challenge anywhere, no design to the battles. The interrior linear combat levels are the absolute worst in the game. The best combat scenarios are on the random outposts.

FEAR 1 remained in popular memory because the weapons are top tier, all of them. They have sound, impact, recoil, penetration, rate of fire. The enemies move and react in inteligent ways. The game is damn hard on top dif levels.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

I've beaten it and I seriously have no idea what people praising the combat are talking about. The abilities might have been cool if they designed challenging enemies to use them on, but instead it's pretty much the same types you saw in Rage 1 only without the id polish.

They didn't do any work to make the game rewarding to play once you trivialize the combat completely with your level of powers/abilities/weapons. around 8 or 9 hours in I was just steamrolling everything on hard difficulty, and there's no lore or fun discoveries in the open world, so once you've visited the main locations and finish the story there's no reason to keep playing. Doing more side quests and objectives just makes you fight the exact same enemies you've already fought in order to get stronger than you already are, making it even easier and more boring. And, like, if I just want to hang out in an open world I'd rather play Metro Exodus.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The gunplay is cool, pretty good, but by this time saying its sooo amazeballs just feels like people repeating what others are saying.

Yeah, in a thread where the majority of the people are shitting on the game and some morons are even shitting on others for liking the gunplay (way to maintain a welcoming, light and mature atmosphere!), people are saying they like it to fit in. Lol. Get real, my dude.

I only played the game for about 4 hours (and dropped it due to the bug I posted about earlier), most of that time spent clearing outposts with the assault rifle, shotgun and pistol and basic abilities like dash and shatter and I loved the combat gameplay. I thought it was incredibly satisfying on hard. Not too difficult, not too easy. Very tactile. Shooting feels, looks and sounds great, and the hit feedback was fantastic. Would it have gotten boring and too easy later on? I don't know, maybe. But I think the core is absolutely there. The discussion has taken a fairly goofy turn when compared to all the "it's so obvious ID did the combat gameplay since it's so great" comments I saw when the game released.

Unfortunately, the rest of the game seemed mediocre at best from the start, and I'm sure I would've grown even colder towards it as hours went by. But as it is, I could spend hours doing what I did - clearing outposts with the aforementioned skills and weapons on hard or nightmare difficulty. If the devs have the sense to introduce a boss rush game mode but with outposts later on, I'll re-install the game right away. For now, I think I'll reinstall Titanfall 2.

Last edited:

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
Also while on the subject of bland uninspired designs in this game. The perk trees in this game are absolute dogshit and give me zero incentive to progress in any of them further apart from maybe the initial point to have them. Put an additional point into the push ability and the opponent flies 110% another point 120% and to max out the per with 3 points maybe 130%. Oh wow awesome. I really am looking to spend points on such great and game changing upgrades.... NOT.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
This is the first game to give me major buyer's remorse in a while. There's some genuinely good stuff but it's buried so far underneath the blandness that it's simply not worth it.

If this was a mostly linear game with a lot more enemies, with most of the skills/abilities available from the get go, it'd be significantly better. As it stands, it's just 80% of filler content with the occasional "oh fuck, I have to do this to get x" moments and 20% of actually fun stuff. Clearing outposts is actually pretty cool too, I'll give it that.

I find it funny that the launch trailer made fun of the first game's awful ending, but Rage2 doesn't really do a whole lot better. In fact, I'd even argue that the story is worse overall. It's just.... there. And then it's over. I'd say it's too short, but I was already bored before I reached the ending. I generally love open world games, but the open world aspect here has almost done nothing but damage to a solid core that is the gunplay and abilities (once you actually get them...)

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Circled back to this thread, and immediately had to add a new name to my ignore list. Enough of that nonsense, I should have just listened to folks to begin with lol. Imagine spending so much time to come back and crap on other people's opinions in the most petty, and childish ways. Yeesh.

On topic: I enjoyed my time with this game a lot. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10 overall, and will probably come back for events and DLC. All the open world fluff is pretty much carried by the fun gun play. I enjoyed it a lot more than the original, but not as much as I thought I would overall prerelease. Probably could have waited to buy at a discount, but I don't really feel like it was money wasted. That said, Avalanche need to really step it up and advance their open world design. Nothing really unexpected or dynamic ever really happens. I'm still disappointed by the overall lack of car combat.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Also while on the subject of bland uninspired designs in this game. The perk trees in this game are absolute dogshit and give me zero incentive to progress in any of them further apart from maybe the initial point to have them. Put an additional point into the push ability and the opponent flies 110% another point 120% and to max out the per with 3 points maybe 130%. Oh wow awesome. I really am looking to spend points on such great and game changing upgrades.... NOT.

The upgrade system is confusing as shit. I finished the game with all my abilities still at tier 1, tier 2 is still locked and I have no idea how to unlock it .

Didn't even bother in the end since the game is so easy anyway

ziggurqt

May 29, 2019
Can't resolve myself to desinstall after finishing the main story (which I usually do). Feels like I'm just starting to really have fun.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017

Enemies float longer, you can do more cool shit to them. Prime them with the revolver in mid air, head shot them with a wingstick, set them on fire, and then blow them out of the sky with the shotgun.

The incremental upgrades allow for more and more chaining of creative kills, but there's no reason to engage with any of it other than for your own amusement. It's as if the combat system was designed around a Bulletstorm style scoring system that got scrapped.

Either you make your own fun or the upgrade progression is kind of pointless. I fall into the first camp, but now that I've got everything unlocked, there are no more enemies left to use it all on.