• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This is one of the best OTs I have seen in my life - WOW!!

Preordering on my Xbox X today can't wait to play Tuesday :)

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
This might be what throws people off the most. The trailers do make it look a lot like Doom with constant action but it is an open world RPG with a lot of down time and driving around. As long as people go in with that expectation in mind I think they'll be fine.

Its an FPS. The genre is defined and was created around action and combat. If theres shitload of downtime and driving around and doing nothing, that means its badly designed. Its not about peoples expectations. Makes me think about Far Cry 2 vs how Far Cry 5 is designed. Far Cry 2 has some of the worst open world usage ever made in gaming. Far Cry 5 is one of the best fps game thats available and kinda a benchmark on how to design an fps in a large open space. Far Cry 5 understands this core pillar of fps design - action. You only have downtime in that game if you want to have it. There's always something happening if you choose to move.

I hope Rage 2 isnt doing it like Far Cry 2. Or pretty much most games

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Got my copy today.

The reverse Cover is nice.

12212112gbjv1.png

2323237ckgq.png

Patch is 14.1 GB on PS4.

Game size on PS4 is 45.54 GB.

Nice.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa that OT, its been a while since I had to scroll down this much to get to the first post.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Magnificent! If this isn't the most beautiful OT I have ever seen! Well done!

I already pre-ordered the deluxe edition and now can't wait till Tuesday!

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those who have the game: how did you access the preorder DLC? My copy of the game from TheGameCollection arrived without a code.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! I really want this game but my back log is still huge and I feel like it's going to be half prices in a few weeks like every game seems to do these days.

Early First Impressions from Kemono (PS4 Pro with SSD)

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so i've played around for a bit and can say for me personally that i like it so far.

I'm playing on a PS4 Pro with a SSD.

Very doom 2016ish. You can tell pretty quickly that id had something to do with this game.

- feels like doom 2016 (not perfect but youcan feel the id touch in there)
- shooting feels satifying (heads pop in a nice way)
- early enemies feel like out of quake (design wise)
- story is b-movie city so far and doesn't know if it wants to be serious or crazy (we've all seen this move before), but i'm thankful it's there
- you can choose between male or female MC
- MC talks and quibs

- Music is awesome so far, could be straight out of doom 2016 sometimes
- sound-effect are good too
- weapons so far sound punchy
- voice-acting is decent, nothing to complain

- 60fps feel awesome (playing on PS4 Pro) but aren't locked
- especially when you arrive in a new locale you feel/see the fps drop hard (but i think this is a loading problem, as the fps will go up to "smooth" shortly after
- loading times after death are not instant but on the quicker side
- bad pop-in
- low-res
- hard level of detail (LOD) system,
- you can feel the game isn't made for 60fps on this old hardware (PC should be glorious)
- aliasing is visible but not that bad after all (i'm playing on a 55* 4K screen)
- motion blur and chromatic aberration can be tunred off
- field of view slider is in (awesome)
- hud can be turned off

Don't expect a clean image quaility. The 60fps needed a big sacrifice. It's absolutely fine and plays awesome so far but don't hope for graphics out of a 400$ console a high end pc couldn't handle easily.

rage2_20190511140202s1kj5.png

rage2_201905111408092xj0w.png

rage2_2019051114303637jbq.png

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Amazing OT. Still standing by for reviews but the quoted impressions from Reddit seem just about exactly where I expected... Though I do hope performance is locked in at 60fps on PS4 Pro.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
That is correct, it is currently 9:18am ET May 11th.

Thanks!
Should be possible to unlock early through the usual steps for rolling Steam releases:

(Credit to JaseC)

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in NZ, AU or Asia
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I wish I could get an early copy lol.

Where are y'all finding early copies?

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't mean this in a bad way so I hope its not taken as such, but Bethesda owes Vestan a check. this OT has just about sold me on the game. I'm going to hold off for reviews, mainly because every full size game I've bought this year, I've barely touched. I still have god of War, Spider-Man and RDR2 to go through from last year.

Nov 30, 2018
Ok, so i've played around for a bit and can say for me personally that i like it so far.

Very doom 2016ish. You can tell pretty quickly that id had something to do with this game.

- story is b-movie city so far and doesn't know if it wants to be serious or crazy (we've all seen this move before), but i'm thankful it's there
- MC talks and quibs

- especially when you arrive in a new locale you feel/see the fps drop hard (but i think this is a loading problem, as the fps will go up to "smooth" shortly after
- bad pop-in
- low-res
- you can feel the game isn't made for 60fps on this old hardware (PC should be glorious)
- aliasing is visible but not that bad after all (i'm playing on a 55* 4K screen)
- hud can be turned off

Don't expect a clean image quaility. The 60fps needed a big sacrifice. It's absolutely fine and plays awesome so far but don't hope for graphics out of a 400$ console a high end pc couldn't handle easily.

So it's Just Cause 4 graphics issues but not as bad

That game is a blurry mess

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is an amazing OT! Great work vestan !

Really hoping this is amazing, want to see a lot of PS4 impressions though I may just bite the bullet and grab it on PC as a b-day gift for myself lol. Doom 2016 released a day before my birthday in 2016 and that ended up being fucking amazing so I'm hoping that's the case here. It'd be real fuckin' awesome.

mediumdave

Oct 27, 2017

- MC talks and quibs

- bad pop-in
- low-res
- hud can be turned off

How does the open world feel? That's the thing I've been worried most about, that it would just feel empty or that any side stuff just feels like open-world collectable bullshit.

I'm not a fan of Mad Max and if this is just that with a kick-ass fps, well, that's what rentals are for...

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Have there been impressions from anyone with an early copy of how the game runs on the base consoles yet? I know the game is 30fps, but is it a stable 30?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Never played RAGE but Mad Max is a personal favorite and this really seems like a reskinned Mad Max 2, so I'm likely in for this.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How different will this be from the original Rage?