• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I was loving this game until I got to the part where you have to win a race to continue the story. I'm terrible at driving in games. My first attempt I came in dead last. Now I don't know if I'll be able to get any further in the game.
Maybe switch on easy just for the race?? Maybe enemy cars are more slow or stupid?!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Do you really think people will take you seriously with statements like these? Come on man, we get you don't like the game but you're just wrong.

it is true, texture work in the jungle area on the ground is like from the Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X even had better ground textures.

the extra blocky skyscraper like buildings in the desert area are looking like from the end of the PS2 era in their structure and the game would have been better off with a cel shading filter.

if you don´t like it fine, but it is the truth.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
it is true, texture work in the jungle area on the ground is like from the Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X even had better ground textures.

the extra blocky skyscraper like buildings in the desert area are looking like from the end of the PS2 era in their structure and the game would have been better off with a cel shading filter.

if you don´t like it fine, but it is the truth.
It's not quite as bad as you're making it sound on PC... but at max 1440 it IS blurry af, the IQ is very low in comparison to other games of its type.

Oct 31, 2017
That depends entirely on how you go about things.

If you want DOOM complexity and fun in the fights, go for all the Arks FIRST. Focus and look around different areas for pillars of colored light - those are the Arks.

After finishing the game and getting every Ark, I would say getting the Arks first is recommended.
I appreciate this comment so much. I only played the first 20 minutes this morning before work and I thought, "It feels CLOSE to DOOM but not quite..." if teh Arks help then I'm going for those first.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
The game is really really fun. But who in their right mind thought releasing the game looking as rough as this, with menus as laggy as this is acceptable in 2019?

On Xbox One X - and sorry - this game is headache-inducingly blurry. And I haven't seen anything quite like this. Surely they had to at least give a higher res 30FPS option? Compare this to other open world titles like FC5 or any ACO....its just embarrassing.

I love the gameplay and the artstyle. Its right up my street. But technically this is a mess. And why they thought releasing it in this state was a good idea is beyond me. Give me a 30FPS option at the very least to reduce the blur.

Turn off CA. Its helps make the game a little less blurry. I mean it's still really soft, but you'll notice a difference.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
This game has the best first person combat this gen and it's worth the full price just for that . All I want from a game is to have fun and though it has messy menus , crappy story etc it's combat is sublime.

It's better then dooms combat imo and I haven't even unlocked all the abilities .

Much like rage 1 (which I loved ), it has an amazing shotgun especially .

When driving it feels like mad max but unlike that game where every outpost was the same old boring fighting this one has amazing fps gameplay to switch it up.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This game has the best first person combat this gen and it's worth the full price just for that . All I want from a game is to have fun and though it has messy menus , crappy story etc it's combat is sublime.

It's better then dooms combat imo and I haven't even unlocked all the abilities .

Much like rage 1 (which I loved ), it has an amazing shotgun especially .

When driving it feels like mad max but unlike that game where every outpost was the same old boring fighting this one has amazing fps gameplay to switch it up.
Destiny has the best FPS combat this gen. ;)

Sniffy

Jan 31, 2018
Super fun so far but I feel like I waste a lot of time completing outposts and sentry turret sites by trying to find all those supply caches that are annoyingly well hidden sometimes. I wish Focus would reveal them. Contrary to what I've read the world feels pretty alive to me, and it's kind of amusing when I'm crawling around an outpost trying to find a cache and I hear some of the wacky stuff being played on loudspeakers of vendors driving past and other random chaos going on.

I decided to buy on Xbox One X instead of PS4 Pro as I figured if both are 1080/60 the X would hold it better. Performance is absolutely stellar and I have not noticed a single frame drop, but I agree the IQ could be better. But I would take 1080/60 over 4K/30 every time. I think there is probably an argument to be made for for 1440/60 on the X though.

Overall I'm glad I bought it. Fun/10.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Super fun so far but I feel like I waste a lot of time completing outposts and sentry turret sites by trying to find all those supply caches that are annoyingly well hidden sometimes. I wish Focus would reveal them. Contrary to what I've read the world feels pretty alive to me, and it's kind of amusing when I'm crawling around an outpost trying to find a cache and I hear some of the wacky stuff being played on loudspeakers of vendors driving past and other random chaos going on.

I decided to buy on Xbox One X instead of PS4 Pro as I figured if both are 1080/60 the X would hold it better. Performance is absolutely stellar and I have not noticed a single frame drop, but I agree the IQ could be better. But I would take 1080/60 over 4K/30 every time. I think there is probably an argument to be made for for 1440/60 on the X though.

Wait, when you take down a sentry tower is there loot to find nearby?

The first one I took down the voice over said "make sure to salvage any tech" or something, and I couldn't find anything nearby.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny has the best FPS combat this gen. ;)

I loved the gunplay in that as well (headshot explosions especially), but 60 fps > 30fps and rage 2 speed and movement here outshines it.

Now if I could have rage 2 combat combined with destiny ai and factions it would be amazing .

I'm talking about console here . I'm sure 60 fps pc destiny 2 feels a lot better then it's console versions.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the gunplay in that as well (headshot explosions especially), but 60 fps > 30fps but the speed and movement here outshines it.

Now if I could have rage 2 combat combined with destiny ai and factions it would be amazing .

I'm talking about console here . I'm sure 60 fps pc destiny 2 feels a lot better then it's console versions.
Yeh I'm talking about PC. :p

Destiny on PC is a different game.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Wait, when you take down a sentry tower is there loot to find nearby?

The first one I took down the voice over said "make sure to salvage any tech" or something, and I couldn't find anything nearby.
Yea,I didn't realise this either.You automatically get the tech when it blows up but the area around is treated like an outpost with several crates hidden around it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I played this for 2 hours yesterday on Steam and really disliked it.

I found a £25 copy and thought fuck it, I'll give it a proper shot... and I'm glad I did. It's not perfect, at all, but it is very fun quite often. Combat is really good.

Yea,I didn't realise this either.You automatically get the tech when it blows up but the area around is treated like an outpost with several crates hidden around it.
I'll make sure to check when I take one down next, thanks for the heads up!

Volkoff

Oct 27, 2017
Yo-hio
Ended up having a hard crash to xbox "desktop" last night during this area:

Fighting the baddies storming the City Hall lobby in Wellspring

I dont see many hard crashes like this on console, so it struck a small nerve last night. Luckily, the auto-save put me right back there an instant before the set piece.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Turn off CA. Its helps make the game a little less blurry. I mean it's still really soft, but you'll notice a difference.

It does help but I'd turned it off immediately anyway. The game is unacceptable. Aliasing all over the place, very soft image (that has no pay-off for its softness) and weird shimmer and flicker - these are not consistent so I have no idea what is going on. It looks worse than games at the start of the gen on the PS4. Or even the XB1.

I get they wanted the 60FPS but when that isn't even constant and the dips are distracting, what is the point?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm following things like baloons and ? on the map, and finding a lot of lootable areas. Like I just found a house where I had to smash a border window to shoot through to hit a panel to open the locked door, and it had a bunch of good loot inside.

I'm assuming this stuff is just a little too spaced out, but it is there, because right now exploration feels kind of fun (but I'm very early in).

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Agree 100%, my biggest issue is the finding the supply caches, they should really have added an unlockable perk that focus would highlight. Some of the areas are huge and I spend 20 minutes looking for a box just to get the checkmark on the map.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the gunplay in that as well (headshot explosions especially), but 60 fps > 30fps and rage 2 speed and movement here outshines it.

Destiny 2 feels amazing on PC. It's elevated so much by mouse and keyboard controls and the frame rate makes it hard to go back to the consoles.

Anyway, I wasn't able to preload or download it as I've been away for the past few days but I'll be installing it tonight and I hope I take to the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I accidentally spent the entire afternoon playing this when I only intended to spend an hour. I think that's a pretty good sign. The combat is a lot of fun and has just gotten better and better as I've unlocked new abilities/upgrades. Think this has to be one of the best shotguns ever.

Biggest complaint right now is that whenever a meteorite falls I can never see it in the sky or any sign of where it actually landed. :/

Dusker

Jul 6, 2018
Agree 100%, my biggest issue is the finding the supply caches, they should really have added an unlockable perk that focus would highlight. Some of the areas are huge and I spend 20 minutes looking for a box just to get the checkmark on the map.

There are 2 perks that I recommend to unlock ASAP:

Datapad Tracking & Storage Container Tracking

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You really find 30fps sluggish movement/aim and shooting best combat this gen on current gen consoles?
I think it says a lot that Destiny's combat is as good as all the other great examples on console despite being 30fps.

On PC it's a completely different thing, but it's still one of the best on console at the very least.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Does anybody know how long the day night cycle is supposed to be? I've been playing for hours and it's been permanently night. Glitch?!

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just started the game, and man, the story, presentation and direction gives me some nice and fun Gears of War and Bulletstorm vibes from last gen! I actually enjoy that.

Playing on the PS4 Pro. Yeah, game is pretty blurry, and some visual aspects are very rough, but that's not a huge problem to me, because I absolutely love the 60fps!
Seems pretty stable so far.

I also love how "weighty" everything feels. Weapons, explosions, physics, reactions etc.
I already see myself having a good time with this game. Feels good to play.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
First impressions on ps4pro, combat definitely shows promise and playing on Hard seems the sweet spot so far, theres a solid motivation to progress and get new guns, powers and upgrades for both.

On the other hand, overall IQ is simply bad, this is something I would expect out of a first gen ps4 game. I know a lot of folks disagree but 60fps is not nearly as important to me as res, texture quality and overall iq. So, not happy with this aspect, but the game definitely has that fun factor that makes me eager to play more.
The game is really really fun. But who in their right mind thought releasing the game looking as rough as this, with menus as laggy as this is acceptable in 2019?

On Xbox One X - and sorry - this game is headache-inducingly blurry. And I haven't seen anything quite like this. Surely they had to at least give a higher res 30FPS option? Compare this to other open world titles like FC5 or any ACO....its just embarrassing.

I love the gameplay and the artstyle. Its right up my street. But technically this is a mess. And why they thought releasing it in this state was a good idea is beyond me. Give me a 30FPS option at the very least to reduce the blur.
Completely agree. I can't get over how bad the draw in, LOD and IQ are (Xbox One X). You can see the sacrifices made for 60 fps everywhere you look.

Game seems like it will be good fun, but good Lord is it hard to look at.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
I think it says a lot that Destiny's combat is as good as all the other great examples on console despite being 30fps.

On PC it's a completely different thing, but it's still one of the best on console at the very least.

I played Destiny and it's sequel on PS4, coming from titanFall 2, BF4, BF1, Destiny's shooting, movement and aim felt sluggish and off-putting. The shooting enemies and the feedback received was good though.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Shooting feels really great, and I particularly love the feedback on headshots. They feel so wet and splunchy.

I'm disappointed in the overall structure, though. I love Just Cause 2, but it's been a long time since that game came out and Avalanche's approach to overall game structure doesn't feel like it's evolved at all. I finished the three opening mission strands, and then the game just sends me out into the open world to farm repetitive 'clear out a camp full of bad guys' content until I hit some arbitrary threshold at which the next story missions will unlock.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they fix that armor bug soon. I want to play the game in the default ranger armor but it keeps switching back to the Nicolas Raine Armor no matter what I do. Had I known about it I would've just waited to do that Cult of the Death God mission.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not shocked at all about some finding the world empty or the enemies underwhelming. Rage was the same way for me, and so was Mad Max. I didn't mind though, because in those games, the other areas of gameplay made up for it. Plus, this is an apocalypse wasteland, just like MM, I'm not expecting an open world booming with activity and things to do.

That said, in the short time since I've left the opening area I've fought sentries, been challenged to races, found two other Arcs, and fought some giant mutant named Lug or something. There seems to be something interesting everywhere I've been. Finally made my way to Wellspring iirc and have a few more side missions now.

The gunplay is amazing. And I can already tell the powers are going to just make it ridiculous. Starting to feel like a combination of Quantum Break bad ass powers combined with Doom gunplay and over the top gore and that sounds like the best thing ever to me.

Whoever designed the menus though, needs to find a new line of work in video games. Yuck. Plus there are like... too many things to keep track of to upgrade different things. It's confusing as fuck.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I give my brother one simple duty, pick up the game for me while I'm on Vacation, he picks up the game but uses my rewards to get a warranty on it at gamestop. Wtfudge, no one buys those warranties!!!!!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
NPCs waffle on for far too long...

Although I saw a nice interaction, I killed Smeggo while randomly exploring, and after I meet a preacher in Lagooney who rants about him being a god or something and I cut her off with a quip about having killed the giant already.