• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
header.jpg

Minimum

• Processor: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or AMD R9 280 3GB
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
Recommended

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB or AMD Vega 56 8GB
  • Storage: 50 GB available space

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really performance related and has been discussed but I'd recommend folks get ready for some key rebinding here, there's a lot of stuff you can do in this game and so having to remember T for health potion, X for switching support item, v for overdrive, etc in addition to the CTRL modifiers, well, it can be a little overwhelming (and finger cramping). Luckily have a mouse with a decent amount of buttons so finding myself getting comfortable now.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Lord, that FXAA + TAA aliasing solution has me wondering how blurry it can get. I wish they included something simpler like an SMAA solution. Also, VSync toggle at 1440p DSR seems to lock it at 30 no matter what. Enjoying the game a lot - but god damn it needs a Hi-res texture pack.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders Edition
RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
1440p maxed out and I get about 80-100FPS.

OP
OP
MrH

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've put a few hours into it and I'd say it's running worse than it should. I'm playing at 1080p on ultra settings with a GTX 1080 and 8600k @ 4.8GHz and it's difficult to even hit 100FPS which is what I'd consider the sweet spot for a 144Hz monitor which I have. I've been dropping as low as 60FPS during explosions which seem to be a real problem in this game, an explosion going off shouldn't cost you 30FPS. Lowering down to High or even Medium preset doesn't seem to have much of an impact at all either. I'm also noticing some hitching whilst driving around the world which is very annoying. Oh and I should mention the game has a very blurry/soft image in general, and there's quite a lot of jaggies when moving the camera.

I was hoping for Doom 2016 levels of response and it's just not there, on average RAGE 2 is running about 50FPS lower than Doom did for me.

vahlorie

Oct 26, 2017
My PC is almost exactly their minimum specs, which seems to result in steady 60fps at 1080p with medium recommended settings.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Runs like a dream on 2080ti in 1440p all ultra. Around 120fps

Is there a way to set the corpses to stay longer? Some .ini setting or something

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Performance is great on my i9 9900k and 2080ti but wtf at the keybindings how have you mapped them to your mouse and keyboard?

OP
OP
MrH

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This issue really bugs me, lots of surfaces have this jaggy flickering, and this is on ultra preset too.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Not looking hot on my GTX1060, i7 6700, 16GB RAM system while on SSD. The aliasing solution is TAA + FXAA and makes the game look like it was running at a much lower resolution than it really does. Switching to FXAA only actually makes it look better and it does not have much aliasing.

On the bright side, it seems to be holding 60fps most of the time on Ultra with my GPU, which is great as the recommended is a 1070.

However, first impression is not very good... I swear the game looked way better on pre-release material. It looks rough, empty and unpolished. I didn´t even find brightness sliders and I feel like the game is too washed out on my screen, and have no way of making it look better. Oh well, as long as its fun it will be worth it.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
1080ti, 7700k, 32gb RAM @ 3200mhz running at 1440p. Game put me on high preset which actually has a lot set to Ultra, so I bumped down the stuff like shadows and other usually taxing settings and the game is running pretty smoothly in the 90s throughout. For whatever reasons, cut scenes seem to be more demanding, had a few early talking to Lily that were in the 50s for some reason.

The only major problem I have is switching tabs on the start menu hitches real badly. Game drops into the 20s and it is almost as if the screen freezes for a moment going from tab to tab.

Nov 8, 2017
Steam version

R7 2700 (stock but with AIO cooler to give extra thermal headroom to XFR)
RTX 2080 (founders edition)
2x8GB DDR4 3000mhz
2TB SSD

1440p G-sync monitor
High preset
Latest drivers

Running at 1440p I'm always above 60fps for a given second (often above 80 and sometimes above 100 indoors), but there is clear stuttering in the open world when driving especially at high speeds. In some cases it's extremely distracting stutter and once or twice I've had a half second pause. One crash to desktop.

Not the best. I'm not looking forward to races or vehicular combat, haven't really done any of that yet. The on foot combat seems mostly perfect though.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble getting an FPS counter in game. Fraps and msi afterburner both don't seem to work with it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any people with a GTX 970 that can chime in on performance? I don't mind inevitably bumping down graphics a bit for 60 fps.

Oct 25, 2017
Steam version

R7 2700 (stock but with AIO cooler to give extra thermal headroom to XFR)
RTX 2080 (founders edition)
2x8GB DDR4 3000mhz
2TB SSD

1440p G-sync monitor
High preset
Latest drivers

Running at 1440p I'm always above 60fps for a given second (often above 80 and sometimes above 100 indoors), but there is clear stuttering in the open world when driving especially at high speeds. In some cases it's extremely distracting stutter and once or twice I've had a half second pause. One crash to desktop.

Not the best. I'm not looking forward to races or vehicular combat, haven't really done any of that yet. The on foot combat seems mostly perfect though.

Not getting any hitching, but I am getting a ton of tearing on a Gsync monitor. BethNet version.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
Runs at a solid 60fps for me at 1440p, max settings on my 1080ti. I actually ended up disabling the AA though, way too soft looking.

Have noticed frames dipping when using the Shatter ability but that's it.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
1440p is hard to hit 60fps on my 1070. I thought it would run better than this.
Same.
I've got a 1080, had to turn down the resolution slider to 90 and it's fine cause the game's already so soft looking even at native res.

A shame the dynamic res doesn't really work as it should, something that seems to be common in many PC games that support dynamic resolution but don't really do it well as they'd either near permanently drop the resolution even under little load despite being above target framerate or they won't really drop resolution at all until it's too late.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
1070/i5-7600k/16 RAM

I've got it running smooth enough, though a heavy firefight will cause drops, but god damn this is one ugly ass game. I'm not even sure how this game is causing performance problem, because it's so visually weak. NuDoom is a much better looking game, and I can get that running maxed out at above 60 FPS

Hopefully Avalanche can work on some post-launch optimization, because I'm digging the hell out of it

OP
OP
MrH

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Frame rate plummets when you shoot the gas canisters at the gas stations, that's where I noticed the biggest drops.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the dead zone at all? Didn't see an option in game but with my Xbox One controller it's pretty bad. I can literally rotate the stick in a small centered circle and the screen doesn't even move.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the dead zone at all? Didn't see an option in game but with my Xbox One controller it's pretty bad. I can literally rotate the stick in a small centered circle and the screen doesn't even move.

its awful, I don't know if there is a way to fix it. I can still enjoy the game, but my friend is kicking himself over it because he can't stand it.

is there something up with the acceleration or something as well?

Use a controller and look across the X and Y axis', then try looking diagonally (MUCH SLOWER). what is the deal

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Frame rate plummets when you shoot the gas canisters at the gas stations, that's where I noticed the biggest drops.

My largest drops have been in mutant arena, specifically when alpha effects kick in (pertaining to gory melee kills, explosions, smoke). Definitely not going to doing that often. The performance of this game is really mixed bag...

And yes, sharpness slider. That should have been implemented before it was released in PC otherwise.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
its awful, I don't know if there is a way to fix it. I can still enjoy the game, but my friend is kicking himself over it because he can't stand it.

is there something up with the acceleration or something as well?

Use a controller and look across the X and Y axis', then try looking diagonally (MUCH SLOWER). what is the deal

I noticed turning down the look speed and also the down the sight look speed seems to help (or could be placebo). But yeah it's bad and has caused me numerous deaths to where I find myself doing a lot more strafing back and forth while aiming/shooting lol. Hopefully they can add a dead zone option

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Should I get the game on base ps4 or pc?
specs are:
ryzen 5 1400
8 gigs of ram
rx 580 4gb

which will offer me the better performance?

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Should I get the game on base ps4 or pc?
specs are:
ryzen 5 1400
8 gigs of ram
rx 580 4gb

which will offer me the better performance?

PC, no question. You could get easily average 60fps with better IQ rather than struggle 30fps and Vasoline filter on base PS4; IQ alone was worth it for me, I was originally going to pick it up for X1X but even on there -- image is waaaaay too soft, and that's after compromising to hit 60fps @1080p.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
This is nowhere near optimized - especially for a vulkan game. Hell, even Mad Max look's better.

Im running a 2.1Ghz 1070 and 3770k 4.6Ghz but cant hit 60 fps at 1440p with lowered settings, and it looks pretty bad. Shadows are also blocky for some reason.

Funny thing - i played the intro on precious NV driver's and then tried the Rage 2 drivers with a new save. I barely saw a difference!

This shit is why i dont preorder games.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
i7-8700K
RTX 2070
16GB DDR4
1080p/Ultra

Getting about 110-130fps, closer to 100 while driving and closer to 140 during combat, but somewhere around 120 average.

No matter what settings, any sort of lens flare effect has weird flickering to go with it. It's even more noticeable on Ultra than lower settings.

The game freezes a lot while driving around and I have it installed on an SSD. It's very smooth during combat, though, no stuttering or freezing on-foot. I played Mad Max on PS4 and remember it having significant stutters and freezes when streaming in data in the car, but it's weird to see that same problem playing on a different platform, so I guess it's just a thing with the Apex engine.

Last edited:

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Not looking hot on my GTX1060, i7 6700, 16GB RAM system while on SSD. The aliasing solution is TAA + FXAA and makes the game look like it was running at a much lower resolution than it really does. Switching to FXAA only actually makes it look better and it does not have much aliasing.

On the bright side, it seems to be holding 60fps most of the time on Ultra with my GPU, which is great as the recommended is a 1070.

However, first impression is not very good... I swear the game looked way better on pre-release material. It looks rough, empty and unpolished. I didn´t even find brightness sliders and I feel like the game is too washed out on my screen, and have no way of making it look better. Oh well, as long as its fun it will be worth it.
Are you sure that resolution scaling is turned off? I'm running everything high on a 1060 max q at 1080p and I'm getting 50-60fps, the lowest it dipped was 47fps, but with resolution scaling on it turns into a blurry mess with locked 60fps (probably running at 720p God knows lol)

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone with experience with Bethesda-published games, how blurry/stuttery is this game compared to launch Dishonored 2?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Kiwami 2 seems the jury is out for those of us with a 1070/1080, at least in regards to play at max settings 1440p60.

But I won't buy a RTX. I'll hold up until the next generation of cards.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
It actually performs and looks better with FXAA instead of TAA. Setting the Dynamic Res to Manual 90% is helping me keep a steady frame-rate, even in more chaotic moments

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't use this game as benchmark for retiring a gpu, it's not optimized.