• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
No, pretty sure you're wrong there champ. Got the posts to prove it too. I think you can look back if you want through your profile page if you need help finding it.

Again: I don't care if you like borderlands. Bully for you, really. Just because you state an opinion and then pull the comma-then-bullshit routine doesn't absolve you from criticism. For instance: "borderlands sucks, gearbox is ran by the Russians." The former part is an opinion. The latter is bullshit :)

Please point out in my original post where I said that Rage was a "rip-off" of anything? I didn't use that term at all. So if anything is bullshit here it's this bullshit you keep trying to project onto my post.

I said that Rage is Borderlands but without the fun, prodecural weapons and colourful artstyle. That's merely speaking to glaring the similarities between thw games, which are obvious unless you're literally braindead.

Both games are:
-FPS
-Set in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-type world
-Sport open world-ish design
-Allow you to use vehicles

By all means argue that I'm being reductive (as that would be a more credible criticism of my argument), but you're instead choosing to argue a weird strawman that has literally nothing to do with my post and everything to do with your poor reading comprehension.

Perhaps if you actually read and respond to what other posters are saying instead of some made-up boogey man you imagined, you might actually be able to present a sensible rebuttal, as opposed to the weird tangential rant you went off on.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To all the peeps talking about Borderlands:

If we're right about this being a Rebellion production, There's going to be some significant 2000AD influence here. And they've been doing post-Apocalypunk stories since the 70's. :)

From earlier in the thread, Rebellion denied working on the game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Wow already? So this is confirmed. I hope this would come with a remaster of the first game like Far Cry 5 and Far Cry 3 remastered.

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like some middle aged "consultants" were asked what kids found "cool" these days and this is the result.

Dreadful and cringey. If this is even 10% indicative of what the actual game is about, then I'm out before I was even in.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm struggling to understand why this is so highly anticipated.

The original was a technical mess and the gameplay was actually below average.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't expecting such a massive tonal shift. Honestly, I don't know that it's needed, but I am more intrigued than I was yesterday. So, I guess we'll see.

Oct 28, 2017

The shooting and enemy hit feedback were god-tier and not even id's own Doom could top it. A sequel that fleshes out the combat, opens up the levels (game was practically on-rails and full of invisible walls) and throws away or fixes certain aspects (the rather pointless driving and car combat) would be pretty good.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel

Because it showed some potential despite it's various flaws and after Doom it seems that Id are finally ready to fully realize it.

I wouldn't say it's "highly anticipated" for most, but I'm personally looking forward to it more than, say, Doom 2. I think Rage has much more to offer.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Does the PC version of Rage work fine on modern PCs? I've been wanting to try it but I just remember how awful pop in was with all the megatexture stuff back at release.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess this indirectly confirms Gears of War 5 and Forza Horizons 5 are real.
I'm more intrigued about that FFVII Remake for XB1. I wasn't expecting it to come out for XB1 at all, or at the very least not be mentioned until months after the PS4 was released. I wonder if this means it'll be a simultaneous launch now.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
It still annoys me that people spell Horizon with the 's' on the end. Besides, we haven't even had official confirmation of Forza Horizon 4 yet. If 5 ever does happen, it won't be for another 2 years at least.
Take it up with Walmart, that is how they spelled it..
t11xurywtxw01.jpg

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
The moment you see a Rage 2 ad and the only thing you can think about is how much you cant wait to see Cyberpunk 2077.

But im happy for the dozens of other people.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Does the PC version of Rage work fine on modern PCs? I've been wanting to try it but I just remember how awful pop in was with all the megatexture stuff back at release.

Runs well on my Ryzen 1800x + GTX 1080 machine, however the textures have not aged gracefully and look bad up close on a higher res monitor, the pop in stuff is still really bad.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Not sure I am into the tone of that teaser, but I'll wait for gameplay, as advertisements often pick angles that aren't reflective of the material.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
teaser trailer is suicide squad levels of try-hard "extreme"

maybe the gameplay gives a better impression.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still shocked they're making this. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy about this, I had given up hope on a sequel, but when all of Bethesda's top tier games (wolf2, dishonored, prey) are barely selling this doesn't feel like the IP to revive.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This seems to have no connection with the first game. Another new entry using the game name with more zany design.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
I like the British punk vibe they're going for. Post-apoc aesthetics in games are usually super US-centric.

It's not the most interesting imaginable choice but it's something.

barksi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit confused about the Avalanche rumor since the Walmart CA leak also contains Just Cause 4 (developed most likely also by Avalanche). If I remember correctly Avalanche is also working on a self-published AAA game, so are they working on 3 AAA titles?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit confused about the Avalanche rumor since the Walmart CA leak also contains Just Cause 4 (developed most likely also by Avalanche). If I remember correctly Avalanche is also working on a self-published AAA game, so are they working on 3 AAA titles?
There are actually three Avalanche studios.

Avalanche Stockholm. (JC1/2/Mad Max)
Avalanche New York. (Just Cause 3)
Expansive Worlds. (theHunter: Call of the Wild)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Worked fine for me and i have an nvidia gtx 970m and i7-6700 (6th gen)
Just check pcgamingwiki and steam community guides for tips on grtting better graphic fidelity and such