• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
This is the kind of social media fun I can get behind. Clickbait headlines are trash. If you're going to use them, be prepared to be called out.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
dunno, they could have come with a better clapback

but i dunno what this guy is talking about

Oct 25, 2017
Alternative thread title, "Bethesda opens journalist up to the harassment of fans after criticism of non-existent marketing"

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Worst case scenario is that this article lets more people know about the release date, I really don't get this response.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
should have replied with a sad smiley like this :(

hire me bethesda i'm in with the cool kids

Oct 25, 2017
God the marketing for this game has been so dull.
-
Are we just labeling any headline we don't like as clickbait? Is that what we're doing now?

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes let's shame this reporter (even though he's a contributor, he's a reporter) for doing his job.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Paul Tassi is a permanent gaming analyst at Forbes who has written some incredibly insightful articles on the industry and is definitely worth a read.

RAGE 2 is a Bethesda singleplayer title that, like its predecessors, has suffered from almost zero marketing effort. And is now apparently trying to bury that fact by miming Era's habit of arrogant and unwarranted Forbes-bashing.

Pretty pathetic tbh.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
pdmZxq6.png

Haha

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
How does the author usually find out about release dates, does he wait for a carrier pigeon to drop off a note with a date written on it or some shit?

RAGE 2 has trailers with a date at the end like any other game. It's not a secret.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
People really don't know the game is coming out? They've been releasing trailers, doing live streams, and even just released a content roadmap. That's not even counting the ads all over stores and in weekly flyers.

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey this games coming out soon headsup"

"WOW FUCK YOU BRO YOU WANNA GO"

are they even sending this one out for review. they didnt for doom. hmmm

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I also didn't know it was out in 4 days. Was expecting something more clickbaity

Oct 27, 2017
The first two sentences of the article are "I play video games and write about them for a living, so that means for roughly 14 hours a day, on my computer or my phone, I am scouring for stories. And this is why I find it genuinely surprising that until yesterday, I had no idea that Bethesda's Rage 2 comes out just four days from now."

There's no clickbait or ambiguity here.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Game looks amazing, and I find the humor they've presented in trailers along with their social media team pretty funny.

Can't wait for Monday evening.

Jun 17, 2018
I find it really difficult to believe that on a forum like this, this many people didn't know the release date for a game made by both ID and Avalanche.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how this is a clickbait title? By any mean, it is even an informative headline.

And the paper is even kinda interesting.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The article isn't particularly great, but it's definitely not clickbait. I thought Rage 2 was coming out in October or something until today tbh

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda's marketing sucking for everything not coming out of BGS isnt exactly a hot take.

But yeah. Jeez. I felt like this was a game that gets a random October release

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't know it was coming out in 4 days. I knew it was May, but I guess my track of time is off the rails a bit.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forbes contributors including the one who made this article are consistently bad but this article seems right on the money. I didn't realize it was coming out so soon.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh God, people who say "who are you " in an argument are the absolute worst.