• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
47588898691_3a5cbaf586_o-1024x576.jpg

discovered by God of War fans on Reddit, a series of Nordic Runes can be spotted etched across the boat that Kratos and Atreus are rowing in the theme. Though they're hard to distinguish at first, zooming in and brightening up the image makes it as clear as day (as seen below), but what do they mean?

BPueif6TPW4b9vHBUfrpK7-650-80.jpg

Well, translate the Runes into rough English, and it says "Ragnarok is coming." Oh boy! If you know your Norse mythology (or, alternatively, have seen Thor: Ragnarok), you'll know that this word holds a great deal of importance in the world of Gods and men, signalling the endtimes that essentially wipes out the entire inhabitants of the Nordic universe.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
No way... I didn't expect that. Like, at all. Jesus. That's an incredible easter egg. And well hidden.

/s

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the main game not kinda tease to that aswell :p? Pretty sure i figured that out already while playing the main game.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
Wonder if it will be in the next game or spread out for 2 games. Either way, can't wait to beat Thor like an old drum and probably get his hammer.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Should have been in the first game considering when you got to the end it felt like it would have been the halfway point.

I'm hoping they age up boy a lot. Like 17-18

Nov 8, 2017
My (not so) bold prediction is that unless they're doing a surprise 18 month stand-alone-expansion sized followup (which I don't think they're doing), then we'll see a tease at the PS5 reveal in Q1 2020 and it'll be out Q4 2021 or Q1 2022.

Nov 8, 2017
It obviously will be.

Development will take like 4-5 years i would have thought. Will probs be a mid gen title

It's sort of hard to tell how long it will take to develop because on the one hand they have the basic template for the game already worked out, and a clear direction to go in. On the other hand, they'll be trying to push the envelope on a new console with a higher ceiling for quality. But on balance, I think 5 years would mean it ran into serious dev troubles.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean God of War ends with Ragnarok having been set up lol

I wonder when the sequel launches. Will Ragnarok be the name?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Should have been in the first game considering when you got to the end it felt like it would have been the halfway point.

I'm hoping they age up boy a lot. Like 17-18

They're gonna need to considering
within the next games he's gonna have to father 3 Jotun and possibly birth an 8-legged horse.

yukihirasouma

Mar 11, 2018
One thing I'm personally expecting is more and bigger bosses. Cory has repeatedly expressed in various interviews that less number of bosses was one of the weaknesses of the first game due to lack of time and manpower required.

With that said, which Gods do you think we will face in the sequel, apart from Thor of course?