• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_2021-04-27_205406.png

Pretty intresting as she was creative lead on Bleeding Edge a year ago

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Awesome news. Hellblade 2 is shaping up to be far more combat heavy and her experience there speaks for itself.

I suspect she will co-direct with Tameem then?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I assume Tameem is still the creative director.

actually now that I think about, I wouldn't be surprised if he helmed the Mara Project and Rahni is taking over Hellblade 2

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hope Rahni does well in her new post! Big step forward for her.

I wonder if it was just something that wasn't updated or whether there was a change in direction. Hope we hear something in Microsoft's next show about Hellblade 2 as that announcement trailer was spectacular.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Is a design director the same as a game director? I thought those were 2 different things.

Edit: NVM read it wrong! Loved the 1st game and looking forward to seeing more on the sequel.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting a new project from her but oh well, it seems Hellblade 2 will be more focused on combat so it makes sense. Really excited for this game

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Combat director of DmC and lead for Bleeding Edge, hopefully means more varied combat in Senua's Saga.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Damn, Benoit Maçon & now Ranhi Tucker at Directing for Hellblade 2.

It's basically DMC directing team.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I'm so excited for Hellblade 2, I hope we see more at E3. Ninja Theory is probably the Xbox studio I'm looking forward the most.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It should be mentioned in addition to her roles on DmC and Bleeding Edge, that she was the creative director on DmC Definitive Edition.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the changes made to DmC in the Definitive Edition so this is an exciting news.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
That's some really exciting news honestly. Hellblade 1 had some amazing combat but was held back by the camera lock on, and Rahni Tucker's past games (she did DmC DE and Bleeding Edge no?) all have some incredible feeling combat. Bleeding Edge may have been mediocre AF but damn was the combat fun and varied as hell.

I guess this pretty much confirms my speculation from the Senua actress's blog about the game and that there will be multiple different combat styles available for the player (shield and sword, two swords, just the one sword etc)

As long as the combat being enhanced doesn't negatively effect the game's atmosphere and story (which it won't) then I am super excited for this honestly

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I really excepting Amazing Combat,Mechanics for this game.

+ it's interesting that Matt Booty describe this game "Large world" and said they use Houdini.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Who in the industry is ace at creating great shape matching action? We need them on board.