• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The new Mid Season patch and details are out for Operation Blood Orchid

DNAcyejXkAEvjX9.png

REWORKED OPERATORS
KAPKAN CARRIES 5 ENTRY DENIAL DEVICES: THEY ARE HARDER TO SEE AND DEAL 60 DAMAGE EACH
The trip laser will fade to the extent of disappearing after deployment. This comes at a cost, as the traps will no longer be instant kills, dealing a 60 HP damage. Thanks to his improved traps, Kapkan will also gain in speed. He will now be a 2-speed Operator, instead of 1-speed. This will allow Kapkan to have a bit more versatility as a Defender.
We feel as though this change is an adaptation of Kapkan to the skill level of players who have adapted to spotting the trip laser, instead of rushing through doorways. We hope to see new strategies develop for him, alongside our other trapper defenders.

BLITZ CAN NOW SPRINT WITH HIS SHIELD EXTENDED
One of Blitz' biggest drawbacks is that he is extremely vulnerable without his shield protecting him. This is especially the case when sprinting. We found it difficult to close the gap between some Defenders and Blitz, who needs proximity to use his shield flash. To remedy this downside, he will now be able to sprint with his shield still protecting him. We're putting the blitz into Blitz.

ELA'S SMG IS GETTING A RECOIL BALANCE, & SHE IS LOSING A GRZMOT MINE.
After analyzing in-game stats, we found that Ela's win rate and pick rate were too high when compared to other Operators.
With 4 Grzmot Mines Ela was able to secure two bomb sites, and still save a mine for her roaming. We want our players to make careful decisions as to where to use her gadget, so she will only have 3 Grzmot Mines from now on.
We also feel that her Scorpion EVO 3 A1 SMG is too powerful overall. To address this, we have raised the speed at which you reach maximum recoil, while also increasing the impact of the maximum recoil. The result of this change will result in a SMG that will be more challenging to control.

Other improvements and bug fixes can be found here: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/updates/bloodorchid/reinforcements.aspx

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
To be honest, for the first time in a while I really don't have any strong idea how new character changes will impact the meta.

The Ela nerf is probably overkill. I don't know if her overall utility is enough to justify a recoil change as drastic as I've heard this is. But I just don't have much reference for how much better Blitz and Kapkan will be in practice, in large part due to how widely absent from competitive play they've been for so long. It's hard to compare Kapkan to other trappers simply because of how different each of their gadgets function. And Blitz... I just don't know man. Again, his functionality is the opposite of Montagne's. He might be really good now. Might.

(I didn't play the latest rendition of the TTS, obviously.) Looking forward to getting my hands on the game tonight.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm very interested to see the new Blitz in action. I really don't think that Ela is that good weapon wise, but I can understand the mine decrease though.

IanVanCheese

Oct 25, 2017
I love playing Kapkan and I have no idea how these changes are going to work, but I'm worried it's going to exacerbate the trap spam problem.

Blitz needed the buff, he always had potential and this should help.

Ela absolutely needed the nerf, her gun was total horseshit. She could have kept her other trap, they weren't really the issue (that said I'm not a fan of any of the invisible gadgets).

Good stuff overall.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in seeing how this affects regular play. Blitz is gonna be terrifying now LOL. Kapkan needed a change too so I think that's a solid rework for him all around.

I think the Ela nerfs are fair. I've been playing her recently and her gun did not have enough recoil considering how many bullets each mag holds. Plus it had a pretty tight spread when hipfiring as well. It was very easy to get burst kills because of all of that.

OP
OP
Rocketz

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The Ela nerf is probably overkill. I don't know if her overall utility is enough to justify a recoil change as drastic as I've heard this is. But I just don't have much reference for how much better Blitz and Kapkan will be in practice, in large part due to how widely absent from competitive play they've been for so long. It's hard to compare Kapkan to other trappers simply because of how different each of their gadgets function. And Blitz... I just don't know man. Again, his functionality is the opposite of Montagne's. He might be really good now. Might.
That big huh? I've been playing a lot of her since she was released so I'm curious how it will play out.

Don't know how much KapKan I'll play but I'll give the changes a shot.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never got attached to Ela because it was so obvious that she was going to get nerfed into oblivion. Too many trap operators and her gun was ridiculous.