• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Just to clarify, the operators that are unlocked if you play both games are for Siege, not Extraction. For Extraction you get the $40 bundle.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Hype for this game has been slim and most journalists/influencers walked away with mixed impressions.

Gotta do something to entice people to buy it.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Makes sense. Hype for this game has been slim and most journalists/influencers walked away with mixed impressions.

Gotta do something to entice people to buy it.

The game looks fun to me but it seems like they really missed their audience with this. Many Siege players are like WTF. Milsim R6 shooter fans are like WTF. The whole setting is just odd. They like want to create their own zombies like CoD successfully did but the community seems really against this game.

Lot of R6 fans balked and hated on Siege when it came out too, it wasn't traditional R6 or what they wanted, but that game had a huge turnaround. Can this game pull off similar feat?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks fun to me but it seems like they really missed their audience with this. Many Siege players are like WTF. Milsim R6 shooter fans are like WTF. The whole setting is just odd. They like want to create their own zombies like CoD successfully did but the community seems really against this game.
CoD isn't selling Zombies as it's own $60 package.

This game so far doesn't seem to know which audience it's selling to. It relies too much on tactics and squad play to get the casual zombie crowd, and those who like that sort of stuff don't want to shoot zombies.

The experience seems like GTFO but without the horror aspects and it costs much more.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
CoD isn't selling Zombies as it's own $60 package.

This game so far doesn't seem to know which audience it's selling to. It relies too much on tactics and squad play to get the casual zombie crowd, and those who like that sort of stuff don't want to shoot zombies.

The experience seems like GTFO but without the horror aspects and it costs much more.

They want a full $60 for this? Oof. Thought it was maybe 40

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Not against the idea of this game, it's just such a lame setting. Even if the visuals were better, the art direction of both the environments and monsters turn me off

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It amazes me how much less interesting I find this compared to the Siege Outbreak event mode they released a few years back.

Aesthetically - with spikey zombies in a 'hell on Earth' with common buildings instead of bad comic book aliens in labs. Gameplay wise it seems like Outbreak leant into being arcadey, as compared to Extraction being tactical stealth.

It's rare to see this much effort behind (what seems to be) a misfire. It feels like it only exists to bolster Ubisoft's subscription service with a title that can leverage Siege's assets.

I guess it makes not supporting them effortless so that's a plus.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly think this game looks dope as hell. I've only lightly dabbled with Siege once or twice but those mechanics in a PvE co-op setting is very cool. Only minus point is the infected/alien designs are a bit meh? But it looks fun

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, those enemies look more like aliens... Wack, and hard pass.

I thought we'd be up against zombies going by the older titles of the game, some blood, some heavier atmosphere, not this sterile shit and gray goo. From the list you go.