• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

8.2/10

7/10

Kinda wait for sale, unless you are really into it. Gamepass makes sense to give it a try.
The game is solid. No really negatives. But not crazy positives also. Leveling seemed fair and MTX is cosmetics only

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly wasn't expecting to see anything as high as a 7 or 8 when I entered the thread. Maybe it plays better than it looks in marketing

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot that this was coming out TOMORROW.

Is it a global unlock time (I presume it is) or can we clear COVID protocol to get a day visa for NZ in half an hour?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Siege wasn't something to write home about at launch, I have hope the team will develop this in to something great down the line.

Still excited to try it out since it's on gamepass.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot that this was coming out TOMORROW.

Is it a global unlock time (I presume it is) or can we clear COVID protocol to get a day visa for NZ in half an hour?
FJVSfC5XsAYzS9b

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
ACG is banned here.

edit: just his profile. Not his content. Sorry.

Last edited:

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda funny how you can guess which websites will give which scores, because it's Ubisoft, their games are soooo unoriginal compared to everyone else /s

The game is great for coop enjoyers and it actually feels like Rainbow Six at higher difficulties. Highly recommended.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Game looks too much like an asset flip, these scores are too good imo. Think MGS:Survive tier.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Siege wasn't something to write home about at launch, I have hope the team will develop this in to something great down the line.

Still excited to try it out since it's on gamepass.
Eh, I see this sentiment a lot.
Siege at launch lacked content yes and had issues with servers, but the foundation was always there. It was a unique game right from the start, the updates didn't change that.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Edited. Don't want to derail the thread.

Anyways reviews are coming in a bit higher than expected.

Last edited:

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Another missed opportunity from Ubisoft, this is probably going to sink even below 70 after more reviews are added

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
IGN Spain - 8/10

TrueAchievements - 7/10
www.trueachievements.com

Rainbow Six Extraction review

Rainbow Six Extraction launches straight into Xbox Game Pass tomorrow, trading the tense competition of Siege for a purely PvE experience against an alien parasite, for some reason. But you know what? We don't hate it...

Press Start - 8/10
press-start.com.au

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction Review - An Infectious Experiment

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction Review - An Infectious Experiment

PC Gamer - 7.3/10
www.pcgamer.com

Rainbow Six Extraction review

Ubisoft's Siege spin-off is a thrilling and messy take on zombie co-op.

GameSpot - 7/10
www.gamespot.com

Rainbow Six Extraction Review - Breach And Clear

Though progression feels too closely tied to a mediocre challenge system, Rainbow Six Extraction offers fun incursions against a parasitic alien threat and rewards teamwork.

Destructoid - 7/10
www.destructoid.com

Review: Rainbow Six Extraction

Review: Rainbow Six Extraction — This sometimes wonky shooter maintains some of the pedigree of the tactical series, with hangups.

VG247 - 6/10
www.vg247.com

Rainbow Six: Extraction review: Ubisoft’s experimental shooter tries its best, but it’s still under Siege

In this tactical sci-fi FPS from Ubisoft Montreal, I feel caught between past successes and a bold new direction.

Attack of the Fanboy - 6/10
attackofthefanboy.com

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction Review | Attack of the Fanboy

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction is the latest installation of the TC franchise and it's a mixed bag of good gameplay but weird narrative.

God is a Geek - 9/10
www.godisageek.com

Rainbow Six Extraction review | GodisaGeek.com

Explosive, exhilarating and endlessly entertaining, Rainbow Six Extraction is arguably Ubisoft at their best and most confident.

The Guardian - 8/10
www.theguardian.com

Rainbow Six Extraction review – Call of Duty’s zombie mode crossed with XCOM’s alien invaders

This tense co-operative shooter is thoroughly entertaining, as much for the ideas it borrows as the ideas it comes up with

Windows Central 7/10
www.windowscentral.com

Rainbow Six Extraction for Xbox review: This unforgiving co-op shooter is not for everyone

A hardcore experience that will likely turn off casual players.

wccftech - 7.9/10
wccftech.com

Rainbow Six Extraction Review - Get In, Get Out, Quarantine

Rainbow Six Extraction provides a suitable gateway into the more tactical Siege by taking players on an adventure to defeat alien parasites.

TwinFinite - 7/10
twinfinite.net

Rainbow Six Extraction Review - Successful Siege Spin-Off

Rainbow Six Extraction on Xbox Series X Rainbow Six Extraction started life as an incredibly popular limited-time game mode for its PvP predecessor,

Stevivor - 7.5/10
stevivor.com

Rainbow Six Extraction Review: Siege goes sci-fi

Rather than the usual story of shutting down a terrorist cell that was prolific in the early R6 games, Extraction instead pits the famous CTU team against a space parasite that’s threatening mainland America.

XboxEra - 8.2/10
xboxera.com

Review | Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Extraction

I remember seeing the initial coverage for this title and thinking, “That looks interesting, but I doubt it holds my interest long without a good story”. I was really freaking wrong there, as this story is not good, but the gameplay loop is so satisfying that I could see myself playing this with...

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
When does this release in Europe? Always forget what 12 AM meant, is that like 00:00 or 12:00 in the non American world?

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
It says it has raytracing on the Xbox store, yet I can't find anything about it. Are we talking lighting or reflections here? Also I'm going to assume like most RT enable games, the Series S doesn't get a chance.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
We gave it an 8. I was really surprised by this, as I shared the same sentiment as many here, and this was definitely not what I would have wanted for PVE Rainbow Six.

The actual game we got is a blast though, and far better than Back 4 Blood and most other co-op horde shooters.
It almost feels like GTFO but much more approachable, and the harder settings require a lot of coordination and real teamplay.

For sure a surprise.

rectifygaming.com

Review: Rainbow Six Extraction

Rainbow Six Extraction blends Siege style tactics with X-Com soldier management. Extraction is a great experience with friends, and provides a deeper, challenging take on the modern co-op shooter.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Game is pretty cool, it's more slow paced than i anticipated.

NZ trip well worth.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, I see this sentiment a lot.
Siege at launch lacked content yes and had issues with servers, but the foundation was always there. It was a unique game right from the start, the updates didn't change that.

The foundtion no, but they did change a bunch mechanially and changing things up like map revisions, operatior revisions, and kept the support going for a long time, it sure helped getting the game more traction and staying power.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better than I expected, though I typically tend to enjoy most of what Ubi puts out, my dislike for the company culture aside.
Wouldn't go out of my way to grab it, but Gamepass makes that a non issue. I love that goddamn service.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Reading it is not casual friendly,even on the easy difficulty because of the penalties for deaths...like an agent dies,you have to redo the map he died in to heal him or get him back...? what ??

Something like that, he becomes trapped in that level until there's a mission to save an operator.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Reviews are higher than i expected but when i watch a review i just end up disappointed.
Doesn't help it looks like ass, imo.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Actually reviewing higher than I expected. I have basically no interest in this.. and Siege has been my FPS of choice for like 5 years straight, and I love L4D and coop stuff.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Siege is great so I don't know why people are surprised by the reviews. It was never going to be a disaster. I do wish it had more meat to it as it seems pretty barebone but I have confidence in the team.