• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
bYHMam6.gif

kickoff_burnthorizon_header_343303.png

Year Four Season One is all set to go, featuring two new operators from the SASR. One's a stoic Attacker who's just there to get the job done, and the other is a quick-witted Defender who's in it for the guts and glory. Two old mates from way back, they've signed up with Rainbow to bring a little Aussie know-how to the other side of the world. This includes a new device that'll keep roaming Defenders on their toes, and one that'll leave Attackers at a bit of a loss.

That doesn't mean they've left the sunburnt country completely behind them, though – there's a slice of the red desert coming with them. A high-stakes chase has ended in a standoff at a service station halfway between here and nowhere, resulting in a map that's packed with twists, turns, and Australiana. Try not to get distracted in the gift shop or dream of sampling the national specialties available at the fast food counter. Your teammates will thank you.

Full reveal on February 17 at the Six Invitationals 2019.

9hqYnv2.png

February 14-17

FREE WEEKEND Q&A
The free version of Rainbow Six Siege offers access to all of the maps, modes and Operators present in the full version, giving you the full Siege experience over the Free Weekend.

WHEN CAN I PLAY?
You can access the Free Weekend during the following times for each platform:
PC: February 14th 17:00 UTC - February 17th 20:00 UTC.
XBOX ONE: February 14th 08:01 UTC - February 18th 07:59 UTC.
PLAYSTATION 4: February 14th 13:00 UTC - February 18th 13:00 UTC.

HOW CAN I ACCESS RAINBOW 6 FREE WEEKEND?
PC: Go to your Uplay PC Launcher.
XBOX ONE: The Free Weekend will be available to Xbox Live Gold users. To join in on your Xbox One, visit the Rainbow Six Siege product page on the Xbox Store.
PLAYSTATION 4: Join the Free Weekend on your PlayStation 4 by visiting the Rainbow Six Siege product page on the PlayStation Network. PlayStation Plus membership is required to play online.

CAN I PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS DURING THE FREE WEEKEND?
Of course. You can play with anyone who already owns the game or is enjoying the Free Weekend like you are.

I REALLY LIKE THE GAME AND I WOULD LIKE TO BUY IT! ARE THERE ANY OFFERS AVAILABLE?
If you like the game and want to keep playing after the Free Weekend period is over, your progress will carry over to the full game if you purchase.

Rainbow Six Siege is available at a discount for a limited time!
PC (UBISOFT STORE): February 12th - February 25th.
PC (STEAM): February 12th - February 18th.
XBOX ONE: February 12th - March 4th.
PLAYSTATION 4: February 12th - March 12th.
Please check your favorite store to see the available discount.

WILL MY PROGRESS FROM THE FREE WEEKEND CARRY ON IF I PURCHASE THE FULL GAME?
Absolutely. All of your progress and Operators will carry over if you decide to upgrade to the full game.
Please note that if you purchase the Starter Edition on PC, your progression is not carried on.

WHAT CONTENT IS AVAILABLE?
The full game! The free version of Rainbow Six Siege offers access to all of the maps, modes, and Operators present in the full version, giving you the full Siege experience over the Free Weekend.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this is going live tomorrow, they're claiming the 54 GB patch is because they are restructuring the game files and architecture so it leads to a smaller game size... they've already done this once and it did jack shit, the game is still 113 GB....

Oct 27, 2017
So this is going live tomorrow, they're claiming the 54 GB patch is because they are restructuring the game files and architecture so it leads to a smaller game size... they've already done this once and it did jack shit, the game is still 113 GB....
https://reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/axmlw9/operation_burnt_horizon_deployment_schedule/ehuuzqy/

PC:
Pre-BH: ~79 GB
Post-BH: ~60 GB

PS4:
Pre-BH: ~65 GB
Post-BH: ~40 GB

Xbox:
Pre-BH: ~75 GB
Post-BH: ~41 GB

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Besides the changes to lean spamming this is the most important change

Only the Crouch Spamming Fix is missing and the game could be really good again.
Higher Elo currently is a shitshow and everything but fun because its all about who is faster at the Q/E/C Spam.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's 113 GB on my PC right now, "Pre-BH", Steam version.
Not 79 GB.

Besides the changes to lean spamming this is the most important change

Only the Crouch Spamming Fix is missing and the game could be really good again.
Higher Elo currently is a shitshow and everything but fun because its all about who is faster at the Q/E/C Spam.

Thank Lord 'Chanka, the lean/crouch spamming is the most obnoxious multiplayer thing I've ever fucking seen, shit's worse than CS GO crouch spamming ever was. It's like these tryhard sweaty fuckers binded their lean to the mouse wheel and just let that bitch loose.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
It's 113 GB on my PC right now, "Pre-BH", Steam version.
Not 79 GB.

Thank Lord 'Chanka, the lean/crouch spamming is the most obnoxious multiplayer thing I've ever fucking seen, shit's worse than CS GO crouch spamming ever was. It's like these tryhard sweaty fuckers binded their lean to the mouse wheel and just let that bitch loose.
Mine is 78.6GB on PC, so looking forward to the change. You must have downloaded the ultra texture pack.