• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I think both are solid but I run the ARX mostly. I hate how it sounds though
Same :( I wish the AK also had a bit more of a crack to it.

One thing I recently got into was the custom reflex sight that only Nomad gets on her AK. It's really great and gives you a good amount of magnification but a decent amount of fov as well.

I wonder if they'll ever give it to other operators to use, I could see it being useful for a ton of attackers.

In fact I wonder if these new sights they've been adding like the Nomad reflex and the 'scope' for the 44mag and gridlocks lmg are them experimenting with new sights for if they eventually phase out acogs entirely like some people have been speculating they will.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Eh sometimes I do them as a quick warm up instead of deleting them.
I never delete them, but they annoy me because I am forced to pick another Playlist I don't want to play. Have to go into the hamburger icon, pick terrorist hunt, do the challenge, quit. Go back to the hamburger icon again, select MP. I'd rather get MP ones since that's my main playlist.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

umou329zuv631.jpg

s5dslm3tcv631.jpg

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah he sent me this, basically what everyone guessed was on the money. He claims he has names but isn't dropping them to me yet.

Here's the Year 4 S2 operator abilities for anyone curious.

----- Attacker can use a grappling hook to go up hatches. Everyone pretty much knows this one at this point. And its usable on windows too obviously.

----- Defender has a special deployable shield that has a canister on it that drops fire around it when it gets broken

- We know season 1 is lacking in stuff but engine limitations are annoying to work around and it's more crippling than it has been talked about in public. We're also going to try to deliver a fun mid-season event to you guys and already seen some correct guesses on the web about what themed event it is because of skin leaks.

EDIT: oops mean S3 duh. I'm tired.
Do you have anymore information on next season? One of the biggest questions is if the Y4 S3 operators will have reused weapons again or not. And for the fire shield, will it be a variant of the see through v2 shield that Ubi is going to release soon or will it be a different type of shield? And do you have any in game screenshots or anything of that sort? I remember you posting the early concept of gridlock's spikes. Thanks!

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have anymore information on next season? One of the biggest questions is if the Y4 S3 operators will have reused weapons again or not. And for the fire shield, will it be a variant of the see through v2 shield that Ubi is going to release soon or will it be a different type of shield? And do you have any in game screenshots or anything of that sort? I remember you posting the early concept of gridlock's spikes. Thanks!
Core Ross is that you?

Oct 27, 2017
Same :( I wish the AK also had a bit more of a crack to it.

One thing I recently got into was the custom reflex sight that only Nomad gets on her AK. It's really great and gives you a good amount of magnification but a decent amount of fov as well.

I wonder if they'll ever give it to other operators to use, I could see it being useful for a ton of attackers.

In fact I wonder if these new sights they've been adding like the Nomad reflex and the 'scope' for the 44mag and gridlocks lmg are them experimenting with new sights for if they eventually phase out acogs entirely like some people have been speculating they will.

I'm pretty annoyed the sights are not available for everyone. Not every sight always feels "right" on every weapon, so I feel pretty limited and even just use the iron sights on some weapons. And even those are simply not playable on some weapons.

Battlefield 4 is still the gold standard regarding weapon customization, I wish Sieges was more like it.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Noob question: I found myself in a situation where as a defender I had killed the last enemy, but the bomb (or bombs) were active. I went to the nearest one, with flashing lights, but there wasn't a button prompt to do anything. I lost the round, though I don't think I'd have had enough time to defuse it, but still....how are you meant to defuse bombs? Was the enemy's bomb case thing at the other bomb? There were no prompts or yellow suitcase icons on my HUD anywhere, so I had no idea where to go or what to do.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Noob question: I found myself in a situation where as a defender I had killed the last enemy, but the bomb (or bombs) were active. I went to the nearest one, with flashing lights, but there wasn't a button prompt to do anything. I lost the round, though I don't think I'd have had enough time to defuse it, but still....how are you meant to defuse bombs? Was the enemy's bomb case thing at the other bomb? There were no prompts or yellow suitcase icons on my HUD anywhere, so I had no idea where to go or what to do.

You need to find the defuser first and then "defuse" it with a button prompt.

I think if you play through the situations, they'll teach you how to extract hostage, defuse bomb, etc.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Keep running around the objectives until you hear the announcer saying that you found the defuser. Look for the icon and go for it and defuse

You'll get there

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or are pick rates for Nook and Warden really really low, especially for new operators? I never see them in ranked.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I quite like that the new operators are underpicked for once, it makes it impressive when you see people really make use of them. I think Warden will probably get buffed eventually because as a 1 speed he doens't bring a lot to the table, Nook is just a cool flashy attacker that might not be the most useful but is fun to bust out when you want to do cool stuff. She's like the operator version of using the BOSG.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
I quite like that the new operators are underpicked for once, it makes it impressive when you see people really make use of them. I think Warden will probably get buffed eventually because as a 1 speed he doens't bring a lot to the table, Nook is just a cool flashy attacker that might not be the most useful but is fun to bust out when you want to do cool stuff. She's like the operator version of using the BOSG.
Warden needs to stand still to see through smoke is what killed him to me. But when it comes to facing flashing maniacs he's a tank and counters them well

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Warden needs to stand still to see through smoke is what killed him to me. But when it comes to facing flashing maniacs he's a tank and counters them well

Yeah, him just having to sit there and wait in smoke as well as his main gun being the MPX is what kind of brings him down. I do like seeing people use him well to repel flash rushes though lately I see people use flash nades to burn ADS more than actually clear a room. I wonder if they'll make his goggles also repel the concussion grenades from Zofia eventually.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or are pick rates for Nook and Warden really really low, especially for new operators? I never see them in ranked.

I haven't learned how to play Nokk right yet.. It feels like there's a big learning curve to playing her really well. I haven't spent much time on her yet, though.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah also not feeling the new operators. Usually new operators shake things up, but this time it all just fell flat.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the move away from ACOGs (esp on defense) but when literally every other attacker has an ACOG, your gadget better be phenomenal to justify having to use the FMG9, which is very much a defender weapon (easily controllable recoil, slow ADS, low damage output, etc.)

Nov 18, 2017
The Event is by far the best they've done... the basic gameplay is a lot of fun... there's just not enough of it.

If they'd produced more content eg. maps, unique gadgets - this could've run for 10 weeks with it's own pass and levelling system to acquire, say, 30% of the loot packs. As it stands, I probably won't play it much more, and I'm not forking out £40 for the skins.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The Event is by far the best they've done... the basic gameplay is a lot of fun... there's just not enough of it.

If they'd produced more content eg. maps, unique gadgets - this could've run for 10 weeks with it's own pass and levelling system to acquire, say, 30% of the loot packs. As it stands, I probably won't play it much more, and I'm not forking out £40 for the skins.

I agree, and also the packs are very expensive this time, it is a pity you cannot get the head packs in a bundle for example, I only want the heads.

What I have done in the past it buy the packs singularly and stop once I have all the ones I want, but this time the number that are only ok is too high.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course the free item I get is the Alibi head gear
Same lol.

I agree, and also the packs are very expensive this time, it is a pity you cannot get the head packs in a bundle for example, I only want the heads.

What I have done in the past it buy the packs singularly and stop once I have all the ones I want, but this time the number that are only ok is too high.

I really don't get why you can't just use Siege credits to purchase the ones you want. What do they really stand to lose that way? I would buy nearly all the uniforms and heads anyway.

Most of them are really great looks.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
The packs are more expensive?

My free pack was maverick uniform and the challenge pack was maverick headgear. I like the past paced play but can only remain interested for a few matches at a time.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah also not feeling the new operators. Usually new operators shake things up, but this time it all just fell flat.

I like Warden a lot. He is extremely situational but can be incredibly good if everything lines up. Unfortunately I think his gadget takes too long to activate, throws off his aim, and you need to be completely still to make use of it to its full effect so it has too many drawbacks in addition to him not really having ideal weapons. They really need to tweak something with him.

I get that you don't want to make him unbalanced And I could easily see how he could become that if you go to far the other direction, but on top of what I mentioned he also needs to wait for the thing to recharge fully to use it regardless of when he shuts it off so really there's nothing but downsides to him.

Nokk I just can't get the hang of.

Oct 27, 2017
You know why. It's not what they lose...

Yeah I know. Even so, I almost think that would be more spending during these events of people could pick and choose what they wanted. Maybe I'm naïve about that.

Last time around all I wanted was Monty's shield skin from that playroom event, but I sure as hell wasn't going to drop any money to open any of those packs for it. But I would've dropped some coin just for that. So they would've made a few bucks instead of none.