Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| And so it is, that Ash seeketh Ember Rise

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I've stopped buying anything from Ubi. Every design decision they make is based off of maximizing how much money they can get out of players. I get that they're a business.. but it's blatantly obvious with them.
I can kind of understand having to buy to play a game, and then have to unlock operators. It's shitty but I understand. And now we have season passes every year, loot boxes, MTX and a season pass as well?

Enough is enough. It's ridiculous and it doesn't enough attention. People complain about the loot boxes in Overwatch but the greed in Siege is 10x worse and I never see anyone talk about it.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I can kind of understand having to buy to play a game, and then have to unlock operators. It's shitty but I understand. And now we have season passes every year, loot boxes, MTX and a season pass as well?

Enough is enough. It's ridiculous and it doesn't enough attention. People complain about the loot boxes in Overwatch but the greed in Siege is 10x worse and I never see anyone talk about it.
Problem is that they can do whatever they want and people will still give them money. I would say vote with your wallet, but that's not likely to change anything because there are plenty of people out there who will throw money at them for anything. It reminds me when there was that Steam group to boycott COD MW2. The day it released 90% of the people in the group were in game.

I always liked the Overwatch model (at least the first couple of years, I haven't played in a few years so they may have changed it). Almost any skin could be bought at any time with in-game currency. Yeah, you may not be able to buy every skin you would ever want that way, but it was nice not being locked out of skins because you didn't want to pay. I never ever felt like I had to buy a loot box.

Ubi is fucking ridiculous with it. For example, the current battle pass for the event. They give you pieces of the sets for free, but if you want to full set (Moz, Cav) you have to buy the pass. Same with skins like the Halloween event. They give you one or two packs to give you part of the set, but if you want the rest, gotta buy more alpha packs and even those are random, so who knows how many you'd have to buy to get the piece you want. Everything they do is designed to get people to fork over money. I'm not playing. There's always going to be a skin I'm happy with and if I miss a few that I like, I've learned not to care.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the Twitch skin was cool til I saw it in game, bright as neon
Yeah, I would prefer that it was more dark with hints of the neon.. Kind of like those dark grey/black/blue skins they released a few weeks ago. I still like the skin, though. I'm happy to have something for her because I didn't have any skins.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems kind of scummy that the Battle Pass doesn't give you enough credits to buy the next BP when the BPs of every other AAA game does.
Fuck that, every other game requires a commitment of your entire life for the duration of the BP for that to be true. this BP is finishable in under a week without playing crazy amounts. This is WAY better.

This is by far the best battlepass I've ever seen. I'd rather net loss 50 cents or whatever and actually get everything while playing the same amount a normal person already could.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they started by limiting Echo's abilities before giving the other team access to his drones. How about not letting other teammates rotate his cameras? Or they uncloak and land when he dies? Dokk is already annoying to play against.

Lesion's nerfs should start by removing his icons through the map. They should show when they're in line of sight, but not through walls. The mines should be quieter too. That limits his information gathering role and I think that'd be fine enough.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck that, every other game requires a commitment of your entire life for the duration of the BP for that to be true. this BP is finishable in under a week without playing crazy amounts. This is WAY better.

This is by far the best battlepass I've ever seen. I'd rather net loss 50 cents or whatever and actually get everything while playing the same amount a normal person already could.
You're not wrong. I also like how it's absolutely clear how many points you are racking up on your battle pass and why. Considering how shitty aspects of the R6 UI have been over the years, I think they have a pretty fantastic implementation. If you buy the year pass, then minus refunds the pass ends up costing 3 bucks. I'm good with it. It's more enjoyable than the special alpha pack events anyway.

Of the other games I've done a battle pass for:

Rocket League - This one is pretty great. I grind through it solidly just by playing. They have weekly challenges but I just ignore them as I level up fast enough to get all the stuff naturally. And it refunds all your currency so it has that one purchase indefinitely. Once you max out the pass it still counts levels, and you get random shit, painted this and certified that. I honestly don't get it, but people seem to like grinding to try to get certain random rolls of things.

Modern Warfare - Well, it gives you 1.2x what you put into it currency-wise I believe. But it's a fucking grind and a half. And my preferred game mode (Gunfight) doesn't seem to rank it that fast. Not that it really tells you how and why you rank up the amount that you do. It'd probably be fine if you're a COD main but it's frustrating for me. I only got it because they gave me the COD points for free for pre-ordering it a day or two before it came out, so no big loss. Might be worth it for me to get in on the second pass if they have a Battle Royale that launches.

PUBG - These motherfuckers charge you ten bucks and give you zero currency back. And now they've started giving level unlock tickets for various tiers for the next pass. So I ended up getting like 16 levels on the current pass thanks to having completed the previous pass. Kind of a dick move designed to manipulate into buying the next pass by making you feel like you're already invested in it. They've made the daily and weekly challenges more fun and doable but this has a lot of negative things going for it. You can't go skipping a bunch of daily challenges and expect to make the end of the pass. Trying to force you to play a game daily is bullshit. Also some of the challenge skins and other unlocks have really stupid requirements that make you throw games just to try to complete them. I'm completely addicted to this game, but the pass is trash for someone who is more casual about it.

Apex Legends - Challenges were shitty, same problem with dailies as PUBG... Super grindy, on par with PUBG? Worse? Hard to say, but I don't play the game enough for it to be remotely reasonable. Got the first pass because I purchased some starter/currency packs on launch to support Respawn, since I do really love them as a dev...

Yeah, Siege and Rocket League for me... the others need more work. I guess Rocket League wins since Siege doesn't let you do your content multiplatform. Cross-play/Cross-progression is where it's at and Ubi already has the whole linked account backend thing to make it happen.

That set is dope. I want to breach it.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Chalet is back in quick match. I hate it as much as favela.

My PC is performing so much poorly than in the past. The last couple months have been rough. New parts are in my cart; now to pull the trigger.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is starting the game for anyone else a giant pain in the ass? Most days when I try to play, I log in and it says that it can't connect to Ubi servers (theyre not down). So I quit out, wait a minunte and relaunch. Then it pops up a UPlay window in the background about failing to cloud sync. So once I realize that happened (luckily I have three monitors and I can see the icon on the taskbar on a secondary monitor), I quit out and restart. Then nothing happens... Steam says it's launching the game, but it doesn't launch and eventually the Steam color goes back to white from green. Now with Vulcan, I have to remember to tell it to launch the game a second time due to the popup to select normal or Vulcan.

It used to also constantly (every time I started the game) tell me that I had been logged out of UPlay and had to log back in, but this has stopped for some reason.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
It used to also constantly (every time I started the game) tell me that I had been logged out of UPlay and had to log back in, but this has stopped for some reason.
This is very annoying. It was all of a couple seasons ago as well. The patch this week fixed it this time, I'd guess. Ubi bugs, part of the experience.

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019
Only info I've been told by my source this week is

Map bans are coming (players decide what map to pick and ban), for the Tachanka rework his main weapon is now his LMG and some sort of incendiary thing, and Replays
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/ew8g82/y5s1s2_operators/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I found a leak on reddit. I probably think this is real. If so, what country are the Y5S1 operators from? Im pretty curious about it.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
That leak sounds fun. I get the complaints, but fun reused guns with new features like grips are okay with me.

Last edited:

Smartie

Nov 12, 2019
Hey there, anyone with a trusted source have any intel on what Ubisoft plans against cheaters on PC are? Would like to know if they're actively working on a solution.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I've opened siege in two months.... seems like a lot of shit has happened since then lol

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
The Groups yesterday had some killer moments. JeagerHimself has a highlight video. Also, just like any Siege tournament I am absolutely gobsmacked when the whole game freezes. Like, how's your billion dollar game Ubi? Interro tweeted all the coming changes are like Christmas so things are looking up...maybe?

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering getting a new account to see the progression for the OG operators and the decreasing OP cost, just for fun really. Or that versus getting a Thermite elite or something.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

Droidian

Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Alright I feel I've gotta ask and hopefully someone here has some input on the matter.

At this point I'm avout level 170 on xbox and 100 on PC. I'd say I sit between gold and platinum as far as rank goes, with a good team we can lock more than a few wins. Mostly I go solo and mostly lose.

Now my question is, are most if not all cheaters on PC or are they on console as well?
I know I've witnessed 1 person to be cheating without a doubt and seen someone in my game get banned by battleeye midgame.

As often as battleeye is kicking people it's quite astonishing how many people are cheating in this game.
At times I can be MVP carrying my team by a few kills and other times I just get demolished having 0 kills all game.
I accepted this as normal but now I wonder if I'm being a victim of cheaters? I'm always cautious how I enter and sometimes it's just wth.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

MayoKing

Apr 25, 2019
Alright I feel I've gotta ask and hopefully someone here has some input on the matter.

At this point I'm avout level 170 on xbox and 100 on PC. I'd say I sit between gold and platinum as far as rank goes, with a good team we can lock more than a few wins. Mostly I go solo and mostly lose.

Now my question is, are most if not all cheaters on PC or are they on console as well?
I know I've witnessed 1 person to be cheating without a doubt and seen someone in my game get banned by battleeye midgame.

As often as battleeye is kicking people it's quite astonishing how many people are cheating in this game.
At times I can be MVP carrying my team by a few kills and other times I just get demolished having 0 kills all game.
I accepted this as normal but now I wonder if I'm being a victim of cheaters? I'm always cautious how I enter and sometimes it's just wth.
Same here man, level 177 on PC, I'm either going really good in a game, or getting demolished, I genuinely can't tell you what it is. I don't think it's me just playing really bad, but at the same time it could be. Soooo many people get banned daily so I can't completely deny that they are hackers, but idk for sure. I am pretty sure most of the cheaters are on PC.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
UK
According to Twitter the new year is being announced tomorrow. Pretty sure it is normally on the Sunday.

Currently no time for it which is annoying..bet it will be stupid o'clock UK time given the time zone it is in.