Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| And so it is, that Ash seeketh Ember Rise

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, that Castle rumor.
Having the 3 round Super shorty for rotates and hatches
That's a pretty good buff, and I like that as I play him a good bit. He's really underrated as he is.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California

packy17

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like they won't have an elite skin ready for the start of the season so they just announced Cav for next week instead, lol

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
new defender is either going to be completely broken or completely useless... I suspect the latter but I can't wait to find out which lol

I also hope they don't fucking break Oregon with this rework. It wasn't broken before, so hopefully it's just tweaks like Consulate/Club House to keep it viable with new ops.

No more client side barricades is probably the biggest change coming this season lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
new defender is either going to be completely broken or completely useless... I suspect the latter but I can't wait to find out which lol

I also hope they don't fucking break Oregon with this rework. It wasn't broken before, so hopefully it's just tweaks like Consulate/Club House to keep it viable with new ops.

No more client side barricades is probably the biggest change coming this season lol
I can see the new defender working. Even if that charge isn't used as much but the ability to jump up hatches? I know we have Amaru on attack and she's not as effective but that is probably in part to how loud her gadget is whereas the defender seems like he can do it stealthily. And a hard counter to shields.

As for Oregon. I love Oregon but I can definitely see why this map has been reworked. Bottom floor is heavily defender sided. Then you have the tower sites and kitchen which are horrible to defend. And the map is very linear to move around. I'm not asking for a big map (far from it!) but it needs more ways to get from one part of the building to another. I think Coastline is a good example of a map that isn't big but not linear. Here's hoping they don't fuck it up and stick to what they did to improve Kafe and Club House.

The debris stuff is massive. I don't usually go for peaks often so it's frustrating when I do try to flank and melee a barricaded window only for the wooden panel to barely move!

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I can see the new defender working. Even if that charge isn't used as much but the ability to jump up hatches? I know we have Amaru on attack and she's not as effective but that is probably in part to how loud her gadget is whereas the defender seems like he can do it stealthily. And a hard counter to shields.

As for Oregon. I love Oregon but I can definitely see why this map has been reworked. Bottom floor is heavily defender sided. Then you have the tower sites and kitchen which are horrible to defend. And the map is very linear to move around. I'm not asking for a big map (far from it!) but it needs more ways to get from one part of the building to another. I think Coastline is a good example of a map that isn't big but not linear. Here's hoping they don't fuck it up and stick to what they did to improve Kafe and Club House.

The debris stuff is massive. I don't usually go for peaks often so it's frustrating when I do try to flank and melee a barricaded window only for the wooden panel to barely move!
Yeah depends on how much sound he makes when jumping (though any shotgun blast to open a hatch is very loud in general). Everything he does just leaves him so incredibly exposed and in a game that's built around pixel angles, either Ubi has buffed him like crazy (Lion/Ela-level broken lol) or he's a casual-only pick. Which tbh is totally fine by me. Amaru is a super fun operator even if she doesn't impact the meta at all.

Yes, this map buff seems like it could be Club House-like, which might be the best map in the game right now (Border is getting a little long in the tooth, I think) and was a phenomenal rework. In particular, connecting the bedroom to small tower is exactly what they did with Club House. Imo, the strongest site on a map also needs to be the funnest to play (since you'll be playing it the most!) and Cash/CCTV might be my favorite site in the game. Very fun to attack, very fun to defend.

All Club House needed was that hallway + the extra stairwell, and that was enough to relieve pressure on some of the choke points. Hopefully Oregon buff is similar.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ignore me chugging a soda at the start if it hasn't trimmed yet, just had a spicy clutch on outback
I can't believe it's been a year since burnt horizon. I was just browsing my shit and noticed I had a recording of this, forgot I had posted it last March. Still my best clutch last year :(

Yeah depends on how much sound he makes when jumping (though any shotgun blast to open a hatch is very loud in general). Everything he does just leaves him so incredibly exposed and in a game that's built around pixel angles, either Ubi has buffed him like crazy (Lion/Ela-level broken lol) or he's a casual-only pick. Which tbh is totally fine by me. Amaru is a super fun operator even if she doesn't impact the meta at all.

Yes, this map buff seems like it could be Club House-like, which might be the best map in the game right now (Border is getting a little long in the tooth, I think) and was a phenomenal rework. In particular, connecting the bedroom to small tower is exactly what they did with Club House. Imo, the strongest site on a map also needs to be the funnest to play (since you'll be playing it the most!) and Cash/CCTV might be my favorite site in the game. Very fun to attack, very fun to defend.

All Club House needed was that hallway + the extra stairwell, and that was enough to relieve pressure on some of the choke points. Hopefully Oregon buff is similar.
I was just watching some old videos and completely forgot how much random stuff in Clubhouse changed, the hatch over Gym etc. Clubhouse is still the best Map Buff they've done. This looks more extensive than that, but I'm excited. Oregon really is the most boring comp map, even more than Chalet, due to the lack of maneuverability anywhere. I think that the memories of old club house exemplify what a rework should do: It should NOT make me ever long for the old map. Like, it would be fun to play old clubhouse once in a blue moon, but I never once play the new one and go 'y'know, I kinda wish this was old CH still' which isn't necessarily the case for most of the other reworks (which I still think are largely improvements, but I can at least miss the occasional different tactic on them). If this revamped Oregon doesn't just make it 'win downstairs defense' 'hopefully win upstairs' and 'lose your third site' that will be a big improvement.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Panel news: rework of House in S2, then Skyscraper, then Chalet.
At season 3 only one OP released going forward.
One Special event per season and arcade playlists coming (limited time events, first going to be Golden Gun/one shot deagles)

Player reputation system coming with rewards.
Drones can ping defense gadgets. Attacking OPs too! (Coming 1st half Y5)
Perhaps Armor/Speed reworks.
Unknown DMR changes.
Small hard breach gadget coming as rumored. Example: use to open one hatch.
Proximity alarm secondary gadget. OP gets one.
Match replay. Including the new special UI for all player equipment.
Tachanka rework coming. LMG primary weapon, showed use making rotate holes. Special gadget is incendiary grenade launcher.
Map bans coming, 3 offered, teams each ban one, play the remaining.
5-player squad tournaments coming. Sounds short term weekends availability.
Ash - Lara Croft Elite set. LOL!

Last edited:

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
UK
One Special event per season and arcade playlists coming (limited time events, first going to be Golden Gun/one shot deagles)

Unknown DMR changes.
Tachanka rework coming. LMG primary weapon, showed use making rotate holes. Special gadget is incendiary grenade launcher.
Also coming to next gen confirmed.

The only thing I was expecting that hasn't happened is cross play.. Strange given ubi implied it would come to all their games. Very happy with the changes though.

Fuck yes at house rework, love that map. I actually think the rework method they're using is a better way of doing exactly what is being done in overwatch 2.. Quite a lot of the maps not in competitive need work, especially visually (plane, I'm looking at you)

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
Year 5 and 6 are looking very promising. I was kinda bummed when the leaks suggested we’d be getting less operators, but I’m super glad Ubisoft are dedicated to expanding on what we currently have.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Unknown DMR changes.
Solid changes. This game has made such immense progress. Im ready for next gen, and I just hope that means the engine limitations theyve had are finally gone next gen. I also love the more arcadey modes they're adding. In fact, Im completely down for a GoldenEye multiplayer with respawns and running around the map without any ATK or DEF roles. Just have fun with it

The pinging system sounds great, though Im not sure I like how accurate it is.

I also like the idea of a pocket thermite. Ideally frees up a hard meta. Also frees up having to pick a Thatcher/Twitch. Proximity alarm sounds pretty good, pretty big buff already for Iana.

IDK how I feel about map voting. I dont want to play the same stale map, and the map curation already makes ranked stale. Tachanka sounds pretty crazy, Im a bit disappointed they moved away from his initial unique role because his rework sounds like a major power creep on Smoke and Goyo

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Spain