• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I've got 100 hours in the PC version and about 130 in the PS4 version.

Here to watch and participate in discussion but like grouping up and stuff, eh, I'm pretty average which makes me not desirable I think. Some games I do really good, others really bad. Most of the time, just average. In all that time I've never once played a ranked match and I don't think I ever will. Casual is good enough for me.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I seen they changed blitz in the most recent update,

Is it as stupid and annoying as the patchnotes made it look like?

Stupid? Annoying? If you're a Blitz player being able to sprint with the shield up is a godsend. And for a little bit after the patch people were initially very confused. I had a very funny game in the Plane where I just bumrushed everyone as Blitz and because the Plane is a tube, it's exceptionally easy to rush and corner people. It was good fun.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Blitz has a shit shield because it's flat unlike other shields that curve a bit. This means for Blitz to be immune the enemy has to be straight ahead otherwise if they are even at a little bit of an angle then they can hit Blitz on his torso. Aside from this his gadget has a short range and only works on enemies directly ahead of him so if you aren't able to close gap then the enemy won't get flashed properly or at all.

Which is why the shield sprint should make his utility more useful.

Oct 29, 2017
Stupid? Annoying? If you're a Blitz player being able to sprint with the shield up is a godsend. And for a little bit after the patch people were initially very confused. I had a very funny game in the Plane where I just bumrushed everyone as Blitz and because the Plane is a tube, it's exceptionally easy to rush and corner people. It was good fun.
lol no doubt,i still remember the 5 man recruit sheild meta,prob similar to that lmao

i basically gave up on the game at the start of the year,i usually come bak for a few days after each new update to check out the new maps/ops tho

The trap meta felt kinda dumb with ela/legion honestly,it was just annoying to deal with,kinda put me off getting bak into the game.Each big update they make some really nice changes,but at the same time make some really bad ones at the same time.Its been the way with siege since launch tho.Having to run IQ every round on attack was silly as trappers had so much coverage of maps with the sheer number of traps.

But in the same patch they changed the map pools for causal/ranked so no more house and plane in ranked which was bliss aswell as removing 4x from 3 and 2 speed defensive ops.

Still irks me that ash is still broken as ever,since day one everyone has bitching about the comb of her speed/weapons/hitbox yet she still the best attack OP in a decent players hands.

Maybe its time to return,OW balance is beyond stupid atm and comp is insanely toxic.Siege never really had any toxicity really,at least after BE finally got implemented and high plat/diamond games stopped having hackers in 70% of the games

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will be joining the discord tonight. I have the game on XB1 and PS4 but am more comfortable playing on PS4 since I have most of my unlocks there. I can play either though.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
wish this game had a report system for behaviour and insults...i don't get why we get to see every person that gets banned for cheating that aren't even in the same match as you but we can't do anything about someone calling ppl names unless going into the overly complicated support

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Are they still committed to no upgrades for PS4 Pro/Xbox One X?

I actually think the game got uglier with the recent graphics changes, even if I appreciate the toning down of the bloom.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they still committed to no upgrades for PS4 Pro/Xbox One X?

I actually think the game got uglier with the recent graphics changes, even if I appreciate the toning down of the bloom.
I think maybe they don't want to have certain users have advantages over the other. Has anyone seen the first person texture for Blitz shield? As in, when you're using Blitz and bring his shield up. The textures are terrible.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
New season tease
밑을 보지마라 - translates to "Do not look down"
DNejnTtX4AAvsPr.jpg

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I think maybe they don't want to have certain users have advantages over the other. Has anyone seen the first person texture for Blitz shield? As in, when you're using Blitz and bring his shield up. The textures are terrible.

I guess so. There's plenty they could do to make the game prettier but not offer competitive advantages though. Getting right down to it, just by enabling Pro's boost mode I've already got better load times and more stable framerates than all the base players.

Anywho the new Operator tease, the way it's distorted reminds me of Mute. But maybe an optical illusion type Operator would be fun.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Anywho the new Operator tease, the way it's distorted reminds me of Mute. But maybe an optical illusion type Operator would be fun.
I've said it before, and I'll say again: the most obvious, classic gadgets yet to be in the game are sentry guns and decoys (of some kind).

I used to add alarms to that (if you discount barbed wire or to a lesser extent Welcome Mats, or hell—now Kapkan's EDDs), but I think that was their intention with Ela's Grzmot mines. While their sound isn't extremely distinctive, it's still more or less the role they fill. I'd still like to see a defender with true, deployable, buzzing alarms but I get the sense that they don't want to add something like that. Gu mines kind of serve as alarms as well, but only Lesion gets the best intel from them.

On second thought, I guess alarms would be kind of redundant now, but frankly, a strictly buzzing alarm operator instead of Ela, Lesion, and Kapkan 2.0 might've been better. It certainly would've been more concise. Instead, they stretched concepts across operators new and retroactively, and we got a different sort of redundancy in Ying.

In an alternate universe Fuze and Kapkan received nonlethal alt modes like Capitão instead of all these new characters existing as they do. Fuze could've got a switch for flashes or smokes in Ying's stead, and Kapkan nonlethal EDDs that generate a loud noise when triggered instead. The trade-off being they're invisible, while lethal EDDs keep the laser.

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I think a purely intel based operator rather than damage/obstruction based operator is what we need after this trapper heavy phase. The only purely intel based operator we have in the game are Jackal, Pulse and Valkyrie. There are other operators that can gain intel like Caveira and IQ but in Cav's case interrogation isn't super common and in IQ's case despite her gadget she is used primarily as a fragger.

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give existing operators a non lethal variation of their abilities that do something else. And to do so they should also not be afraid to make heavy cosmetic and mechanical changes to existing operator. Like IQ's gadget being made a HMD device like Jackal instead of a wrist scanner (which is a cosmetic and mechanic change both), and as you suggested Ying should not have existed and Fuze should've just gotten her ability as a non Lethal alternative.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I think maybe they don't want to have certain users have advantages over the other.

but... PC?
practically millions of different configs

even on console, your display and specific console model make differences already.

the biggest issue this game has is freaking network related, I am THIRSTY for Scorpio patch cause I want cleaner visuals, but I'd play the game at 480p til the day I die for dedis.

tl;dr level playing field is a cop out, year 3 dedis plz. I'll rebuy the game, whatever you want ubi, just make it happen

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but... PC?
practically millions of different configs

even on console, your display and specific console model make differences already.

the biggest issue this game has is freaking network related, I am THIRSTY for Scorpio patch cause I want cleaner visuals, but I'd play the game at 480p til the day I die for dedis.

tl;dr level playing field is a cop out, year 3 dedis plz. I'll rebuy the game, whatever you want ubi, just make it happen
Maybe, but I think that's just the nature of PC gaming. If you can even it out on consoles, why not? Also what do you mean dedis? As in dedicated servers? The games had dedicated severs since launch.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
The games had dedicated severs since launch

I know technically they are, but man, they suck

Theres playing games with true dedis, then theres R6. Ive never had more network inconsistently in my modern video game life than playing siege. Theres always someone with an unbelievably lower/higher ping than the rest of the players, always peekers advantage, if nothing else its a terrible application of the process. Its obvious in Kill Cams that some players are either a step ahead or step behind one another. In a game where millimeters matter I just find it disappointing.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm pissed. We had a long steady climb to OT 2 in Old Country.

Anywho, three female ops in Ela, SK DEF and POL ATK is interesting. But my biggest annoyance is how the design has moved from cool-looking operators who seem mysterious and covered, to everyday looking characters with an exposed face and green hair, or a toothpick or whatever.

Compare ops like Smoke, Sledge, IQ, or Twitch to Capitao, Ela, Lesion, or Mira for example. Actually, Mira is cool, but I miss the unique looking face coverings.

I stopped playing this game for a bit because I got tired of the map rotation. Really praying that they change that

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Whats up, R6 fam. I'm new to the game only purchasing it about 2 weeks ago, but I am fucking LOVING EVERY SECOND of this game, man. Looking forward to discussing and learning from all you leet operators out there.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm pissed. We had a long steady climb to OT 2 in Old Country.

Anywho, three female ops in Ela, SK DEF and POL ATK is interesting. But my biggest annoyance is how the design has moved from cool-looking operators who seem mysterious and covered, to everyday looking characters with an exposed face and green hair, or a toothpick or whatever.

Compare ops like Smoke, Sledge, IQ, or Twitch to Capitao, Ela, Lesion, or Mira for example. Actually, Mira is cool, but I miss the unique looking face coverings.

I think its necessary - there are only so many variations of masked spec ops they could do. I already find Mutes and Smokes designs a little too similar for my tastes.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I think its necessary - there are only so many variations of masked spec ops they could do. I already find Mutes and Smokes designs a little too similar for my tastes.
DISAGREE x1000.

I long, I fuckin' pine for the day when there's a new operator with a cool-ass headpiece. A mask or helmet can literally be anything. A face is just a face. Nose. Eyes. Mouth. That's where your limit on variation and fast identification from a distance is fast approaching. Not to mention how utterly shitty, shitty, shit-shit-shit-shitty and (I actually cringe to say) actually meme-worthy the facial animation is in this game.

Because it originally only featured characters with face-coverings.

Like, I can't stop myself from getting condescending here well I can butgodI'msosorry—have you played other games with customizable helmets? They've barely scratched the surface. Think about all the cool variations there are with helmets in Halo and fuck, Dark Souls, man. Think about all the wicked-ass medieval helmet designs they could be taking inspiration from and modernizing. Fuck, man.