• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I love the new map.

Playing the ranked placement matches tonight has been nothing but a load of bullshit. I swear to god the randoms I'm getting for team mates are fucking clueless. It's been so frustrating. There's been three consecutive back to back matches where at least 2 of my team mates can't even get assists or kills. Sigh...

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I said I'll take a break from the game right? Nope! Jumped back in like a dog that saw a bone thrown

Nov 18, 2017
The new map is great and the changes all seem solid. I'm looking forward to re-learning the last few maps and getting back into the game.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I like the new map it's great! Mozzie's Commando is insane and will definitely get nerfed. Just wait for the PL to cry about it

Nov 18, 2017
That's actually great to hear coming from you! Believe it or not I agree with a significant portion of your opinions or "whinings" :P particularly on the map side of things, for instance.

I only played twice but it had memorable objective rooms and feels like an actual location like the early maps.

Having said that, I liked Villa at first. Outback is at least visually diverse.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Alright, the content of the OP is done being overhauled for year 4. Anyone have any suggestions for a new title? I feel like it's time since we're almost halfway.
I like the new map it's great! Mozzie's Commando is insane and will definitely get nerfed. Just wait for the PL to cry about it
Hey, if you want, hmu for Siege too.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Been great seeing everyone take to Mozzie and Gridlock last night. I don't think people realize just how game changing it is to have a mozzie and mute on the same team. You can totally deny attacker droning especially if you save some for late round.

Also Gridlock being added means you can really run a strong anti roamer/flanker team for attackers, which is great because it helps out with a ton of the maps that are overly designed to cater to flanking. A Gridlock and Nomad on a team will change how that round plays significantly; defenders can't just spread out as far as possible and need to be prepared for a very strong single approach that they may have to take head on.

Also for anyone having trouble on the new map, I recommend spawning at storage units as you are fairly protected from the nastier peeks on that side, and you have easy angles on the two main cameras. The only thing you have to really worry about is a run out from the side door by Piano, which is pretty easily counterable and there is a ton of cover anyway. So great that you can choose spawns in Casual now.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I don't like the new Hibana

DAB76-C30-06-A1-4-DBC-BA12-31-FDD5559832.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I don't like the new Hibana
I think it's a better portrait. It's more detailed, she looks more Asian, and I feel the pose suits her personality more. Although I do miss the KAIROS launcher being featured in it. This is contrary to how I feel about Fuze, Twitch, and Kapkan's changed portraits. Fuze and Twitch's originals I feel were better, and Kapkan's I'm neutral on.

Although, admittedly I'm not really a fan of Hibana's character design generally. She's one of the game's weakest imo. I like the S.A.T. rig her and Echo share, but Echo has more distinctions going on. He has the weird mask with the nose-hole, the headband, very wavy protruding hair, and extra thick collar. Hibana just has a hood and fingerless gloves... favorite accessories of edgelords, and as an edgelord I would know. She has kind of a basic assassin-ey ninja look.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Wow, so everything just got revealed for Burnt Horizon and your leak was 100% spot on. Now that time has passed and the Australian operators got officially revealed, is there any more leaks your friend has said to you? Because I remember you stating that he has more information but "doesn't want to spoil it just yet."

Alright here's some info. Putting it in spoiler tags in case people don't want to read information on new operators.

Danish attacker is invisible to cameras and has a sort of silent step similar to Cav

Secret Service defender has a special eyesight that bypasses flashes and smokes.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I only played it a few times on the PTR and then obviously yesterday, but it can't be said enough how good Outback feels. I like the various little tricks on the map in regards to risky runouts/rotations (the gas pumps probably need some work, but the other balconies have a nice Skyscraper esque fee, where the risk is perfect but also gives you avenues for some fun kills. And I like the exterior rotation between the game room stair door and the restaurant stair window). I think visually it's the most distinct map they've made in AGES. It's just a map that you know works because you can play on it like once and if you actually run around and pay remote attention, it makes PERFECT sense once you've done that. Do I know every single room and callout? surely not. but if you said someone is in the convenience store or the motel laundry or something I would know exactly A) where it is. B) how to get there. That's a good map design.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played on it twice, liking it too but need to do a empty custom to rly get a good grip. I've played on villa at least 10 times, done an empty custom game and I'm still confused.

Nov 18, 2017
Gun skin rewards are awesome. New Hibana looks awesome.

Villa I think just needs a decor refresh to differentiate areas... and a drone access point in the cellar by the big barrel.

I was thinking about Theme Park earlier. There is a lot I like about that map: The train room, ground floor drug lab objective room & arcade, the twin stairs objective room. But the less populated areas in between need to be fully lit and opened up.

Hereford and Fortress are still like new maps to me. I could use a permanent playlist just dedicated to Y3&4 maps. Or maybe as OG Kush has suggested, I need to run through them on TH a few times.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing the ranked placement matches tonight has been nothing but a load of bullshit. I swear to god the randoms I'm getting for team mates are fucking clueless. It's been so frustrating. There's been three consecutive back to back matches where at least 2 of my team mates can't even get assists or kills. Sigh...
My two friends and I only play Casual purely because we don't want to deal with randoms in Ranked. We've played a few Ranked games early on but there's far too many try-hards to enjoy it without a full team. This of course leads to a load of "LMAO LVL 245 CASUAL TRASH" type messages, but we just laugh at those.

Anyway, I guess my point is: Why play Ranked without a full team? Especially if it's frustrating. I get that the added features are better, but now that some of them have been added to Casual, I really don't get why people would put themselves through it.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gun skin rewards are awesome. New Hibana looks awesome.

Villa I think just needs a decor refresh to differentiate areas... and a drone access point in the cellar by the big barrel.

I was thinking about Theme Park earlier. There is a lot I like about that map: The train room, ground floor drug lab objective room & arcade, the twin stairs objective room. But the less populated areas in between need to be fully lit and opened up.

Hereford and Fortress are still like new maps to me. I could use a permanent playlist just dedicated to Y3&4 maps. Or maybe as OG Kush has suggested, I need to run through them on TH a few times.
Those Theme park changes are basically exactly what they said they're addressing. The downstairs section between barrel room/arcade, and the double stairs. All of the mess next to haunted dining basically that nobody uses. And lightening the map up.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or does Outback heavily favors the defenders? It feels like there are so little entrances to a spot at any given time and there are so many spawnpeeks...

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh spawn peeks just take time to learn. I think all of the good runouts on the map are super vulnerable honestly. Like garage windows are both easily shot from the other two spawns, etc.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Alright here's some info. Putting it in spoiler tags in case people don't want to read information on new operators.

Danish attacker is invisible to cameras and has a sort of silent step similar to Cav

Secret Service defender has a special eyesight that bypasses flashes and smokes.
Holy crap thank you so much! That's crazy but I kinda figured the Danish operator was going to be some sort of stealthy operator, that's awesome anything else? Like maybe their loadout or the Season 3 operators or anything?

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
My two friends and I only play Casual purely because we don't want to deal with randoms in Ranked. We've played a few Ranked games early on but there's far too many try-hards to enjoy it without a full team. This of course leads to a load of "LMAO LVL 245 CASUAL TRASH" type messages, but we just laugh at those.

Anyway, I guess my point is: Why play Ranked without a full team? Especially if it's frustrating. I get that the added features are better, but now that some of them have been added to Casual, I really don't get why people would put themselves through it.
I only play it so I can get my rank charm at the end of the season. I have all of them so far. And I am mostly a solo player in most MP games, so I don't have a full 'squad' to play the placement matches. Once I have my rank for the charm, I don't touch ranked ever. Casual is less stressful and more fun, even if you get the trolls. The new changes made to it this season are great. <3

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
My Y1 Season Pass Hibana set is kinda broke atm. It makes her hands and arms black.

I mean, I know it's an OLD skin, but c'mon... It's really rare for 1, and two it still looks cool to this day so I like to use it still. I don't have a reddit or twitter so can someone tell Ubi to look at this? :(

jtb

Oct 25, 2017

No one cares about teamplay or uses a mic in casual. Solo'ing ranked can be pretty miserable, but when it's good it's good. Playing casual might as well just be any other twitch shooter.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Holy crap thank you so much! That's crazy but I kinda figured the Danish operator was going to be some sort of stealthy operator, that's awesome anything else? Like maybe their loadout or the Season 3 operators or anything?
You're pushing it now boyo. Don't scare them off :P

Really liking Outback so far; does seem like a great medium-sized map, and there's plenty of visibility which is refreshing! Had my drone hacked once, but a defender destroyed it just as it was getting taken out of my control lol

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
You're pushing it now boyo. Don't scare them off :P

Really liking Outback so far; does seem like a great medium-sized map, and there's plenty of visibility which is refreshing! Had my drone hacked once, but a defender destroyed it just as it was getting taken out of my control lol
I'm not pushing anything just asking politely, if he doesn't want to answer my question he has every right not to. Just trying to ask as much as I can now cause no one else is taking advantage of this information that he has.

KiLLaDeZo

Banned
Mar 27, 2018
What controller sensitivity are you guys playing on console? I feel like I have a decent setup but feels a bit slow at times...

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
"Secret Service Counter-Assault Teams (CAT) are tactical forces maintained by the U.S. Secret Service which are responsible for repelling coordinated attacks against dignitaries. ... "Hawkeye" is the designation for a CAT assigned to the President of the United States, followed by the president's Secret Service code name.
Abbreviation: CAT
Parent agency: U.S. Secret Service"

special eyesight that bypasses flashes and smokes
codename Hawkeye
special eyesight
Hawkeye
1f914.png

The name and the function are a perfect real life match. This should totally be it.
47691014_201756447428852_9114710055755710464_n.jpg
l
look at those goggles
31385131_394308784424798_5626986218135748608_n.jpg

Plus, the khaki pants with blue or black top and whatever color rig is a good distinct look from a character design perspective.
I'm pretty hyped. (Aside from being a counter to Ying.)

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fear run outs on Outback may get a little crazy. This map seems almost made for them.

I'm curious how it all shakes out.
I think it feels like Skyscraper. It actually makes it safer once you get INTO the map. But they're also incredibly obvious and exposed so they're risky. For instance if you run out from garage towards the pumps you are SUPER dead from either of the other two spawns almost instantly if the people spawning there know to look for it.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've just been banned for 30 minutes for the first time ever.

Some asshole either destroys all our gadgets when we defend or destroys all the drones in the prep phase when we attack.
First game we defended, as I saw what he did I just knifed him once. Looks like he didn't like me, so he shot me once. I killed him on the spot.
Next game we attack, when we take possession of our characters I can clearly see how he turns, faces me and prepares to shoot. Unlucky for him, I quicker than he is.

Absolutely worth it. Also I didn't know bans were a thing in casual, so that's good to know.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so glad we have a new map with actual visibility, a good size, and clear rooms with actual callouts.

I like the concept of maps like Tower but wow it's way too samey.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Me as Mozzie in prep phase: "ohhh I got a shock drone cool"

10 seconds later gun shot noise from random teammate

Now I have no shock drone.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Did they ruin the netcode on this game again? I had two instances tonight on PS4 where I had the kill report pop up on my screen, only to immediately die.

Nov 18, 2017
Of all the DLC maps, this feels most like a launch map. I don't know my way around yet, but it feels like an actual place. I like it a lot. I'd put it in my top 3 DLC maps already.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of all the DLC maps, this feels most like a launch map. I don't know my way around yet, but it feels like an actual place. I like it a lot. I'd put it in my top 3 DLC maps already.
Same, I'm really enjoying it. And yes there quite a few runouts atm but I think this only due to be being new which makes it easier for defenders to pull off the runouts.