• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Played some of the new Kafe and new Ops on the TTS and it's pretty soild. Doesn't seem THAT different from the original which is nice, just fixed up some areas to make it more dynamic similar to the Club rework. This is good because I like Kafe and definitely didn't want another Hereford situation. There seems like there are more safe areas on the 2nd and 3rd floor for defenders to be and have some cover, but also more safe/clearable areas for attackers to come through. The only thing that might get problematic is the first floor being a roamer haven now, wheras before you could chase them down there and it being pretty simple to pincer them from the other stairwell, now it'll be more difficult.

As for the Ops, kinda disappointed with their loadouts being reused weapons but I like that the gadgets seem to have some finesse to them. Nokk in particular is a weird case, they're advertising her as being a roamer hunter but really she can be used really effectively to rush obj as soon as the round starts really silently and without any anchors seeing her on cams. Her gadget doesn't last that long anyway to allow her to just sit under a camera waiting for an enemy caveira or something.

The problem with this is that Siege is not a game where you should need to be a certain class to be able to win against another class. Keep that shit in Overwatch. That is why Blitz has been so annoying ever since the ridiculous sprinting update they gave him. The entire point of him compared to other shields was that he had the most offensive capability but was the most exposed, and if you let him get close to you then you were pretty much dead. That dynamic has basically gone out the window since the sprinting update, he can just chunka chunka run around while covering his body unless you are perfectly setup to defend against it you are screwed. Having to be Warden to defend against that doesn't fix the problem.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Oh to play with a five stack. A pleasure which I have never known.

And as I descend through the ranks, first knowledge of calls dwindle, then people even having a mic, and then site setups go to crap. It really sucks to have a castle putting up barricades between sites, reinforcing between sites, and a dude yelling at me to stop before he completely opened up Coast kitchen because "sightlines work both ways."

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Oh to play with a five stack. A pleasure which I have never known.

And as I descend through the ranks, first knowledge of calls dwindle, then people even having a mic, and then site setups go to crap. It really sucks to have a castle putting up barricades between sites, reinforcing between sites, and a dude yelling at me to stop before he completely opened up Coast kitchen because "sightlines work both ways."
If I'm not in a game with a full team of my friends and there's a Castle, I kiss the rotation goodbye..

Oct 27, 2017
Just now really getting in to this after only playing very rarely. Man solo ranked is rough. People not playing, teammates hurting each other, people dropping out. Idk if it gets better at higher ranks but this bronze life is hard. Any good way to get a squad going? I've been getting one or two randoms after the game is over but that's hit or miss.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Hey guys got his game last weekend with some friends, we are starting any tips or youtube channels to learn, seems we are way too far from early players. Could you recommend me the first 3 attackers/defenders to purchase first?
Thanks!

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Hey guys got his game last weekend with some friends, we are starting any tips or youtube channels to learn, seems we are way too far from early players. Could you recommend me the first 3 attackers/defenders to purchase first?
Thanks!
Welcome aboard to Siege! I'd recommend:

Attack: Thermite, Sledge and Twitch
Defend: Mute, Lesion and Doc

All of what I recommended got an easy to use abilities. When you get the hang of the game, find you operators you get comfortable with

I'm here if you have questions :)

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The matchmaking in this game, at least at shit tier, is really something special. Finished my ranked placements, mostly with a stack of 2 or 5, nothing in between and no solo. Went something like 3 wins 7 losses and placed Bronze 1. Only one rank from silver, not too bad for someone who actively sucks at this game. So since I placed, I've done nothing but stack with a full 5 stack of friends, all almost exact same rank as me (placed bronze or high copper) and we have lost literally every single ranked game we've played. All our ranks have bottomed out at Copper 4, and every game we get matched against teams with 2-3 gold players in it. I imagine the matchmaking prioritizes the 5v5 stack over actual rank? So we're getting matched up with 2-3 gold guys and then their 2-3 copper smurf friends?

Anyways, every single loss has been like -88 pts and loss of a rank. We FINALLY just won a game (against a team that was TKing each other nonstop and trolling in all chat, the literal only way we got a win) and I got +55 and didn't even get out of copper 4 lol. Went into ranked play not really caring about the actual rank, so whatever, I don't care about the symbol, it's just shocking to me how lopsided the matchmaking is. I literally can't de-rank more than I have and we still get golds every game. We started playing ranked cause we were sick of all the smurfs and trolling in casual, but ranked seems just as bad.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
That coreross video makes a good point about the new drone/camera light colors.. I wonder if they'll change it.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That coreross video makes a good point about the new drone/camera light colors.. I wonder if they'll change it.
Eh...I don't know that I love the new system, but I think his take on it is way off too. I've never known anyone to pay attention to 'blue or orange' as the team colors in the first place, even as a new player (Other than to quickly ID whether you're attacking or defending at the start of a game or something). I highly doubt it's confusing to a new player because of that. I think it's confusing to new players because they won't remember which color means what, but that has about the same result as the red lights do now, at worst.

I also think having ANYTHING look different for attackers vs defenders is a worse idea. If I look at a room as a defender I should see the same thing you do as an attacker imo. Not 'no light' vs 'a bright red light' or whatever.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Eh...I don't know that I love the new system, but I think his take on it is way off too. I've never known anyone to pay attention to 'blue or orange' as the team colors in the first place, even as a new player (Other than to quickly ID whether you're attacking or defending at the start of a game or something). I highly doubt it's confusing to a new player because of that. I think it's confusing to new players because they won't remember which color means what, but that has about the same result as the red lights do now, at worst.

I also think having ANYTHING look different for attackers vs defenders is a worse idea. If I look at a room as a defender I should see the same thing you do as an attacker imo. Not 'no light' vs 'a bright red light' or whatever.

I wasn't happy with their rebranding of everything to fit into the orange vs blue styling that they did a few seasons back to begin with, especially with how messy and distracting the HUD is now. But I think if they are thinking about new players then it should at least match what they already have going. It's hard to look at Siege through fresh eyes after playing it for years but there are so many more gadgets and cameras now that it might be intimidating for a new player to know what is ok to shoot or not, especially now that both sides' gadgets can be taken over by the enemy so its no longer like ok map cameras are 100% good to shoot etc.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
I've discovered the share feature on shadowplay pls enjoy these videos of me being dogshit at Siege, and please put an F in the chat for all the clips that could have been during my first 4 months of playing this game that I am dogshit at.

Maaaaan thank you for the laughs! You aren't terrible and that last clip showed me that.

You just need to do the following if you haven't already:

1- Abuse the lean without ADSing
2- Always try to abuse those corners when peaking while ADSing
3- Drone a place before planning what to do
4- Try playing without an ACOG
5- Try couple of sensitivities
6- Fuck what everybody thinks and HAVE FUN

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Lol thanks, at least in this game it's fun even when you're a bad. Most of the time anyways. Smurfs push my buttons a little bit, but most of the time I try not to pay attention to them

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Nope, didn't even realize until I saw it on the screen.

I had an instance today where I shot someone behind a Blackbeard but never saw him. I stopped firing and died because I thought I killed BB.
Happens a lot. It happened to me today. I was roaming with Vigil and killed Nomad which was behind Twitch but I didn't notice Twitch at all. I just don't understand how and why this even happens ;p

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Just finished a ranked game with score 6-4....Am I missing something? I remember 4-4 is overtime match point? Since when they made it that you have to win by 2?

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I finally had time and desire to play ranked and the whole game is matchmaking errors. I hope there's a bonus for this.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/1134197928443166721

deulv2zahd131.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So what level are you guys on Siege? I'm level 254.
265 Xbox, 114 PC. Haven't been playing much lately. Unless my Xbox friends get back into Ranked I think I'm just going to solo queue enough to get the Plat charm per season , which last season took about 100 games for me, so the leveling there will be pretty slow.