• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Kafe got a map update. Like Club House update, not Hereford. Villa is brighter, less dark.
Lion now acts like Alibi when someone is moving. It doesn't last as long and start time is shorter.
Glaz has to stand still for banana vision to work.
Blitz cooldown between flashes is longer
Capito got buffed. Fire arrow is a lot larger now. Is really good

That's really the major changes.
No, stay away. The game is a fucking mess right now

Four fucking years and the SAME problems are returning to the game. I wonder how they fix this game
Thanks. Gameplay wise, it's been fine. However, I forgot how shitty the community is for this game. Played a few games last night and did pretty well. Always finish with a positive KDR. Next match up join in progress, immediately kicked. Next game after that, attacking the first round. The whole team dies within the first 30 seconds because they rushed the OBJ like they're landing on Omaha Beach. Immediately kicked for not dying fast enough? You get what? 2-3 mintues per round? I will never understand why most people insisit on trying to rush and end everything in under a minute. No one seems to take their time. I love this game but the majority of people that play it are just the biggest pieces of shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. Gameplay wise, it's been fine. However, I forgot how shitty the community is for this game. Played a few games last night and did pretty well. Always finish with a positive KDR. Next match up join in progress, immediately kicked. Next game after that, attacking the first round. The whole team dies within the first 30 seconds because they rushed the OBJ like they're landing on Omaha Beach. Immediately kicked for not dying fast enough? You get what? 2-3 mintues per round? I will never understand why most people insisit on trying to rush and end everything in under a minute. No one seems to take their time. I love this game but the majority of people that play it are just the biggest pieces of shit.

Funny, because most randoms I play with have the reverse problem in that they waste all time wandering around with no plan and then the timer runs out.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

Couldn't agree more.

It was even worse when I was first starting out as a new player, before Newcomer playlist was implemented. Trolls and smurfs every other game, kicked constantly because I was low level, team killed immediately upon spawning. This coupled with the immense learning curve, it's really hard to recommend this game to friends.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I haven't played this game in...*checks date of last trophy*....3 years, yeesh. So....what have I missed? lol...

Any tips for a returning player? I should probably get reacquainted to the gameplay in casual matches. Have there been any massive game-changing...uh, changes? Or is it fundamentally the same game as 3 years ago, but with more maps, characters, etc?

Going off my dodgy memory I think I got to something like rank 54, but still didn't accumulate enough points to purchase a character, are the renown points still measly per match?

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this game in...*checks date of last trophy*....3 years, yeesh. So....what have I missed? lol...

Any tips for a returning player? I should probably get reacquainted to the gameplay in casual matches. Have there been any massive game-changing...uh, changes? Or is it fundamentally the same game as 3 years ago, but with more maps, characters, etc?

Going off my dodgy memory I think I got to something like rank 54, but still didn't accumulate enough points to purchase a character, are the renown points still measly per match?
I'm newer so can't answer your bigger questions, but at the start of this year the store started discounting the price of operators. The older ones are just 10k.
R05VyaEW5jrmAE4-Coydvn_MEmPuLYw-TDpvQ-GPvC0.png

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man I go back and forth with this game. I casually play but it just doesn't fill that pick and play vibe I get from COD. At the end of a long day, I just want to chill. Whenever I log in someone is going full MLG in the newcomer playlist and hmmm...

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just got back into playing this and man what a toxic playerbase! Im only playing for fun but jesus this is Modern Warfare 2 levels of abuse.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
There's something about a guy with a 10-year-old voice (maybe he was a 10-year-old kid) just telling me how I sucked and I should run and cry to my boyfriend (as if that was an insult). But just going on and about it over and over.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

3 years... damn! I mean... fundamentally the game is the same. You aim and shoot at things, but theres been a lot of changes to how some operators play, balancing, weapon/gadget interaction, new operators who have changed the meta, map changes, . No point looking into all of them, just get stuck in. The core game mechanics haven't changed.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh man, seeing posts above about team-killing trolls lol, I'm getting flashbacks. Didn't they implement some new anti-troll thing to the game? I think I read about that ages ago. Guess it's not working...?

EDIT: woah, they changed the trophies for this game too. They got rid of all the terrorist hunt ones, so I did all that grinding for nothing lol. Unfortunately the breach charge trophy still exists. :|

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh man, 3 years away and all my skills have degraded lol. I did manage to get several kills in casual but I'm firing too wildly, recoil all over the place. Need to stick to short bursts. A shame there's no playlist for people returning to the game, I'm rank 58 so couldn't visit the newcomer playlist unfortunately. Haven't encountered any trolls in my first few matches though, so overall a decent return to the game.

BTW is there an ability that creates holographic soldiers or something? Because if I'm not imagining I saw that, then that is a fucking annoying ability!!!

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
My placement matches have been fucking woeful. 13 kills in a game and still lost. Gimme that Wood 4 rank, Ubi.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
My placement matches have been fucking woeful. 13 kills in a game and still lost. Gimme that Wood 4 rank, Ubi.
I have the same problem. I was platinum 3 three dayd ago and now I'm gold 3. I literally lost a math in which I went 14-4. This season is my best personal season yet with a KD of 1.5, but my teammates keep rushing and spawnpeaking which lead to their constant deaths.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, 3 years away and all my skills have degraded lol. I did manage to get several kills in casual but I'm firing too wildly, recoil all over the place. Need to stick to short bursts. A shame there's no playlist for people returning to the game, I'm rank 58 so couldn't visit the newcomer playlist unfortunately. Haven't encountered any trolls in my first few matches though, so overall a decent return to the game.

BTW is there an ability that creates holographic soldiers or something? Because if I'm not imagining I saw that, then that is a fucking annoying ability!!!

Yeah that's Alibi. If you shoot at the hologram, it marks you for the enemy team for a few seconds.

You can destroy it by shooting at its feet.

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019
Yeah he sent me this, basically what everyone guessed was on the money. He claims he has names but isn't dropping them to me yet.

Here's the Year 4 S2 operator abilities for anyone curious.

----- Attacker can use a grappling hook to go up hatches. Everyone pretty much knows this one at this point. And its usable on windows too obviously.

----- Defender has a special deployable shield that has a canister on it that drops fire around it when it gets broken

- We know season 1 is lacking in stuff but engine limitations are annoying to work around and it's more crippling than it has been talked about in public. We're also going to try to deliver a fun mid-season event to you guys and already seen some correct guesses on the web about what themed event it is because of skin leaks.

EDIT: oops mean S3 duh. I'm tired.
Wich country is the attacker and wich country is the defender?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I have the same problem.
When you finally do hit Wood, brace. It's a heck of a feeling. Your third eye opens, and the world begins to move slower and faster at the same time. And then you can do things. It's true transcendence. It's kinda like this video:

(you're the guy with the angel wings)

Last edited:

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Man, why are some operators and abilities banned? Spend loads on an operator only for her to be banned...

Balance breaking? Deployable shield is also always empty.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
When you finally do hit Wood, brace. It's a heck of a feeling. Your third eye opens, and world begins to move slower and faster at the same time. And then you can do things. It's true transcendence. It's kinda like this video:

(you're the guy with the angel wings)

Sounds like I'm gonna have one hell of a season.

Also, Human Revolution's soundtrack is still godly.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Haven't encountered any trolls in my first few matches though, so overall a decent return to the game.

...and then the trolls came out to play... constant kick vote notifications for every member of the team all match, really obnoxious.

Yeah that's Alibi. If you shoot at the hologram, it marks you for the enemy team for a few seconds.

giphy.gif

btw, I realised Caveira was unlocked, even though I don't remember purchasing her. Did they make her free for everyone or something?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, why are some operators and abilities banned? Spend loads on an operator only for her to be banned...

Balance breaking? Deployable shield is also always empty.
Because they're broken and the alternative is having a nearly unplayable game?

Like, I get that people wish there weren't game breaking bugs, but disabling Clash or shields or claymores or iq is way better than just leaving it as is.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really not liking what they did to Ranked. Pick and ban is awesome but the sequential attack/defense rounds and bomb only is just a stupid change. They need to stop thinking that ranked is some stepping stone to pro league and trying to mirror it because it's not.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Secure area needs some polishing before it can be in ranked, tbh

I'm more pissed off at the massive surge of ddos abuse, mkb adapters, and other methods of cheating in the high placements.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Any good siege apps where i could quickly check which operators have smokes for example? Also having map layouts and other info would be great.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any good siege apps where i could quickly check which operators have smokes for example? Also having map layouts and other info would be great.
Not sure about the operator loadouts as an app, I've seen a chart somewhere but it also rarely changes. the maps unfortunately I'm not sure of a good site, there used to be r6 maps but it looks very outdated now (like over a year old).

If it's just smokes you wanted, it's Monty, Blitz, Fuze, Dokk, Glaz, Gridlock, Jackal,

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Just got this game because of the $1.48 glitch/sale on WM. I'm playing through the tutorial/scenarios right now, so it'll be awhile before I'm ready to play online, but looking forward to playing with any Era folks if this community is still active.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Just got this game because of the $1.48 glitch/sale on WM. I'm playing through the tutorial/scenarios right now, so it'll be awhile before I'm ready to play online, but looking forward to playing with any Era folks if this community is still active.
Don't forget, there's a playlist just for people from level 0 to 50 so spend time there. Can't guarantee you that you won't play with/against smurfs, but that playlist will make you comfortable with the game. Have fun

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

If you encounter any douche bag just don't mind and do your game if you just want fun with out pressure go casual and stay clear of ranked, many there think they are going pro or some schneningan like that

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
You absolutely have to laugh off trolls in this game or it will do serious damage to your emotional and physical wellbeing. Hate leads to suffering!

I played Pulse yesterday for the first time in ages and forgot how handy his tool is! Also the easiest character to cosplay. :D

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about the operator loadouts as an app, I've seen a chart somewhere but it also rarely changes. the maps unfortunately I'm not sure of a good site, there used to be r6 maps but it looks very outdated now (like over a year old).

If it's just smokes you wanted, it's Monty, Blitz, Fuze, Dokk, Glaz, Gridlock, Jackal,

Yeah, found this one for Android atleast that seemed great,

Smokes was a common example as sometimes when a round is starting would be helpful to quickly check who has what items available :D that app does that. Also has detailed map layouts and camera placements etc. marked nicely.

Nov 18, 2017
This season seems like a shitshow so far.

Not touching Ranked until the glitches and ops are fixed.

I was tempted by that Lesion elite, but think I'll stick to the Summer '18 outfit with lollipop.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Pick and ban is fine (forces people to stop cheesing with dumb operators), I like getting recruit out of ranked considering the number of people who don't believe in using their operators' gadgets (too unbalanced to carry frags/stuns/3 speed on attack, nitro/barbed on defense), and I really like 3 round attack/defense rotations. Maybe it doesn't actually change anything, but I feel like it has encouraged people to use more site variety because attacking the same site 3 times consecutively just... feels... different from alternating.

As someone who almost exclusively solo queues ranked these days, RFF/2fa has made a huge difference in kicking out all the people who are throwing, cheating, boosting, etc. 3 years to implement something that should have been in the game on day one. Now all you have to deal with is the assholes and backseat drivers and general toxicity. But it's a start.