• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Really fun event. Too bad the iron sights for the meme cannon are so ugly lol

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/1146093399545733122

srmlrxd2ms731.jpg

ipfpyvvlfw731.png

Last edited:

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
New mode needs to be more than first to three rounds.. goes by way too quickly. Should be seven or something.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I like this mode more than I thought I would. It's pretty fun.
New mode needs to be more than first to three rounds.. goes by way too quickly. Should be seven or something.
It's the perfect length. Queuing goes lightning fast to get a new game. More rounds means you could be stuck with toxic teammates for longer. There's no loadout changes to try, no big OP variation, no extra strategies to switch to that a longer game would benefit from. It would lead to more abandons.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So do the operator portraits change in regular multiplayer when wearing the new outfits like they do in Showdown?

EDIT: Nvm, just confirmed that operator portraits DO NOT change to the Showdown ones when you wear the headgear and uniform in regular multiplayer.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
After careful consideration and scientific studies over the last thirty days, I've confirmed that there is a game that is more toxic than Rainbow Six, and that game is Gran Turismo Sport.

If a troll decides to kill anyone in R6, reverse friendly fire is instantly enabled and people can vote the person off. You can even help your team by spotting in camera mode while dead.

In GT, if a douche rams you off a corner, you're basically screwed. No way you're catching up to the rest of the pack, and if you exit the race your rating takes a hit. Imagine playing a clean race for many laps, being respectful of others, then a douche just rams you off a corner in the last lap. Imagine. >_<

Had to quit GT last night, I just can't with that game. Give me Rainbow trolls any day of the week.

And stop banning Blitz you cowards.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
After careful consideration and scientific studies over the last thirty days, I've confirmed that there is a game that is more toxic than Rainbow Six, and that game is Gran Turismo Sport.

If a troll decides to kill anyone in R6, reverse friendly fire is instantly enabled and people can vote the person off. You can even help your team by spotting in camera mode while dead.

In GT, if a douche rams you off a corner, you're basically screwed. No way you're catching up to the rest of the pack, and if you exit the race your rating takes a hit. Imagine playing a clean race for many laps, being respectful of others, then a douche just rams you off a corner in the last lap. Imagine. >_<

Had to quit GT last night, I just can't with that game. Give me Rainbow trolls any day of the week.

And stop banning Blitz you cowards.

But people often group up in R6.

If one person TKs you, it doesn't make a lick of difference because the next person in the group TKs you with no consequence. For some reason, R6 attracts the sweatiest of Dudebros. It's like all the toxic kids from MW/MW2 have grown up and have migrated to R6.

But I've never played GTSport so I wouldn't know. Every time I've tried to play a racing game online, it seems to just devolve into who can ram who off of the track.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey y'all. I got Siege for the PC. I tried playing a few newcomer matches but I am pretty terrible! I guess I should go through the scenarios first before trying to do online matches? My Uplay account is the same as here by the way, Oheao.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all. I got Siege for the PC. I tried playing a few newcomer matches but I am pretty terrible! I guess I should go through the scenarios first before trying to do online matches? My Uplay account is the same as here by the way, Oheao.

Do all the situations first, they're pretty good at giving you a feel for the different vanilla maps and the three main game modes. Newcomer playlist seems fine (though I'd be concerned about tons of smurf accounts especially during any sale), but I'd actually just dive right into casual once you feel you have a decent feel on the mechanics. Added you btw

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I've added you as well.

I'd definitely recommend playing all the situations first. Not only do you learn the mechanics but it gives you a lot of money for a new player that'll help you buy some operators.

Newcomer is going to have a lot of smurfs but it's better than nothing.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Definitely play the situations. If you have enough patience, I'd try to get as many 3 star ratings as you can. I promise that alone with put you ahead of quite a few people when you play online.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Watch the videos in the main menu if you haven't yet. They give you free renown. Have fun with it!

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It won't let me get Hibana's elite outfit with in-game credits -_- I'm sure as hell not going to be dropping money on microtransactions!

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Siege is basically a F2P game at this point. In fact, I suspect the only reason why they haven't made the plunge to F2P entirely is because of cheaters.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Siege is basically a F2P game at this point. In fact, I suspect the only reason why they haven't made the plunge to F2P entirely is because of cheaters.
Ah, I was hoping otherwise. I don't like F2P titles specifically because of that. I guess the fact that Siege has so many editions should have been a red flag, I ended up getting the Deluxe Edition personally.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Ubi making the PS5/Xbox4 versions F2P for next gen if their idea of just updating the current game instead of Siege 2 keeps true. And it's totally fine, game has enough of a variety with cosmetics to probably sustain the model. And they could revert operators too for newcomers to just a handful to start and having to buy or use renown for the rest again.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Kinda wish they would just do a Siege 2 at this point. I don't think the engine they have rn was meant to handle all the shit they've thrown at it since launch. Shit stays broken for months at a time, fixes break other things etc. Remember last year when you could reliably make your character go invisible? That shit went on for like 3-4 months.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to doing my showdown matches, mode is fun af once you get into it. I went from total garbage cause ironsights to being a god since the map counterplay is legit. many many aces in that shit

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Can anyone tell me why people keep breaking holes in tons of walls? That shit makes no fucking tactical sense, all you're doing is creating more angles for the enemy team to shoot at us! It's maddening.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me why people keep breaking holes in tons of walls? That shit makes no fucking tactical sense, all you're doing is creating more angles for the enemy team to shoot at us! It's maddening.
Your phrasing is a bit vague, but it's usually done for roaming purposes, connecting sites for easier defense, or creating angles against attackers. Kids bedroom in house is one site in particular that's an especially egregious spot to not overly reinforce because it tends to benefit the attackers, especially once they've planted a defuser. Blowing the walls wide open makes it a deadzone for them instead.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Your phrasing is a bit vague, but it's usually done for roaming purposes, connecting sites for easier defense, or creating angles against attackers. Kids bedroom in house is one site in particular that's an especially egregious spot to not overly reinforce because it tends to benefit the attackers, especially once they've planted a defuser. Blowing the walls wide open makes it a deadzone for them instead.

Interesting, I see it differently. Defenders should be creating chokepoints to funnel the enemy team through to pick them off. But creating lots of holes everywhere just makes the killzone bigger for ourselves. Which incidentally is what I find happening a lot, hence my frustration.

In other news I finally got enough to unlock another character, and chose Valkyrie. I'm enjoying her ability very much, keeps me busy if I'm out of the round early on lol. I want to unlock a Y1 attacker next, as Twitch is the only one I enjoy playing right now. I'm thinking Blackbeard, as I'm not sure how useful Buck's shotgun will be. Anyone have experience with Bucky?

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I see it differently. Defenders should be creating chokepoints to funnel the enemy team through to pick them off. But creating lots of holes everywhere just makes the killzone bigger for ourselves. Which incidentally is what I find happening a lot, hence my frustration.

In other news I finally got enough to unlock another character, and chose Valkyrie. I'm enjoying her ability very much, keeps me busy if I'm out of the round early on lol. I want to unlock a Y1 attacker next, as Twitch is the only one I enjoy playing right now. I'm thinking Blackbeard, as I'm not sure how useful Buck's shotgun will be. Anyone have experience with Bucky?

The biggest advantage that defenders have is that they know the map/site and their defenses, and attackers don't. The biggest advantage attackers have is that they have significantly better weapons and can pincer in defenders into bad 1v1 situations, forcing them into corners and then picking them off. So mixing it up with weird angles, killholes, rotations, etc. is a big part of a good bomb defense because it gives defenders flexibility.

Buck is super fun. His gun is similar to Twitch's (fast fire rate, horrible recoil control) and he has one of the most fun gadgets in the game. I personally love playing as Hibana from the Y1 operators -- kind of a create-your-own-killhole operator, great for getting a feel for unique angles on the different maps. (You can, but probably shouldn't, play her like Thermite if you want.) Her gun has good stats, but also has the smallest clip of the ARs I believe.

Last edited:

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I was hoping otherwise. I don't like F2P titles specifically because of that. I guess the fact that Siege has so many editions should have been a red flag, I ended up getting the Deluxe Edition personally.

Don't bother with any of the cosmetic shit and you'll have a good time. All the base operators are great.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Almost every bomb site needs walls opened up between them to connect. Two tactical examples outside of that basic use would be to open up a row of shotgun holes along the bottom of a wall in like karaoke in Skyscraper or the bathroom on top floor of Consulate. This gives defenders, prone in the *next* room, angles to shoot attackers once they jump in the window. You can shoot their feet and they have to prone before they can see you. Very hard to fight. The second kind of hole would be to create very oblique angles looking at windows or doorways. Repelling in is one of the most vulnerable things attackers do and if you are far to the side you can shoot them pretty safely before they even hit the ground. Getting them as they breach the building is more advantageous than letting them in to a choke-point where they have full mobility and aim .
So, what should I use my currency I earn in-game on? New operators?
Yes, always new OPs. Once you have them all, start saving for Twitch's top bun or whatever.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Another random question: sometimes when I find the objective the game doesn't register it at all, which is frustrating. Is this a bug or what?

I'm literally in a room with the bomb, roaming around with it in full view, scanning enemies but the game just won't say I've found it. Then the round starts and the team have no idea where the bomb is. Arrgh.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Another random question: sometimes when I find the objective the game doesn't register it at all, which is frustrating. Is this a bug or what?

I'm literally in a room with the bomb, roaming around with it in full view, scanning enemies but the game just won't say I've found it. Then the round starts and the team have no idea where the bomb is. Arrgh.

Definitely a bug. Happens to me too sometimes and my drone ends up being taken out.

It's not a big deal because you can just let your team know where it is, since the game has callouts at the bottom next to the compass.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Holy hell my results in the Showdown mode were ass. Does the mode itself heave super low accuracy for the two weapons or am I just that terrible? Multiple dead aims with the shotgun to get zero hits, and tons of confrontations resulted in the two of us just side stepping until someone landed a stray bullet.