• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Ridiculous, Jackal isn't just annoying for roamers. It's annoying as anyone, that wouldn't change if we went back to the 'magic' era of people cowering in a room holding an angle for 4 minutes.

This pretend world where roaming somehow changed the game for the worse blows my mind: If you don't have roamers, it means your vertical play is all completely uncontested, which means that the defense is fucked just because we know how to play vertically now or attack from other angles now too. Like...it works on house, cause hosue is the size of a postage stamp, but imagine somehow not having anyone roaming on like, even something like Bank, a relatively unchanged map, the attackers would just have insane control over every site no problem. It's not because Ubi 'lets' people roam, it's because roaming is the natural counter to attackers doing more than just blindly running into the angles you're holding.

First off, I don't have a problem with people holding upstairs to prevent vertical play from the attackers, that's not the kind of roaming I'm even talking about. I'm talking about deep roamers that do nothing but hide and run the entire game, and it's effective so I can't fault them for doing that, but it's been too strong for a long time now which is exactly why we see the addition of jackal, lion, dokkaebi, nomad and gridlock.

I disagree that Jackal's pinging is as annoying for anyone because it's really not a big deal for anchors, in fact when I anchor I specifically say to let me go reinforce hatches just because that means Jackal might scan me on site and not my team's roamers. So what if he scans me, they know I'm on site and still have to peek me, and I'll usually know it's coming.

Also it's absolutely not a 'pretend world', I've been playing this game from the beginning and it's not just the operators that buffed roaming but people's playstyles and more specifically the map design. Look at more modern maps like Theme Park, Tower, Villa, etc to see the absolute mazes they've made to make it so roamers can dominate the map. They already changed Hereford for the worse because roamers were complaining it was too hard to get around (since you just have to watch one main stairwell and maybe hatch/ladder) and are going to do the same to Kanal where at least now you only have to cover skybridge.

This game was literally built with attackers vs defenders in mind, but play Villa these days in higher ranks and it's basically like playing deathmatch for 2 and a half minutes and if you win you GET to attack the site.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What does 'attackers and defenders' even mean in this context? You act like it's not still attackers and defenders. People play more intelligently because they've evolved their game, not because the game itself won't let you play the old way.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Can console cheaters/exploiters actually suffer any consequences?

Ran into a 5 stack of diamonds boosting golds doing latest IQ and Clash glitches ...

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking to buy the game but am confused about the editions if anyone can clarify for me. I see the disc version of the game available as the advanced edition at 15 dollars, and see the deluxe edition as digital as 16 dollars. What is the difference between the two?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I'm looking to buy the game but am confused about the editions if anyone can clarify for me. I see the disc version of the game available as the advanced edition at 15 dollars, and see the deluxe edition as digital as 16 dollars. What is the difference between the two?

Buying on console correct?

Siege has a stupid amount off editions, and it varies depending on console or PC.

The advanced edition i believe is the regular version (On PC you get all original 20 operators, but with Console i believe you start with none and have to earn them. Don't get it, even if you get 600 R6 coins which will only get you 1-2 operators. )

The deluxe version gets you all year 1 operators, but i believe you still have to unlock the original operators.

The Gold edition gets you Year 1 and Year 4 Operators (Not all out yet) Plus some r6 Coins

And the ultimate edition gets you all of them. (Only buy if its on sale though, usually will be on sale for like 40 pounds).

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Siege has a stupid amount off editions, and it varies depending on console or PC.

The advanced edition i believe is the regular version (On PC you get all original 20 operators, but with Console i believe you start with none and have to earn them. Don't get it, even if you get 600 R6 coins which will only get you 1-2 operators. )

The deluxe version gets you all year 1 operators, but i believe you still have to unlock the original operators.

The Gold edition gets you Year 1 and Year 4 Operators (Not all out yet) Plus some r6 Coins

And the ultimate edition gets you all of them. (Only buy if its on sale though, usually will be on sale for like 40 pounds).
you have to unlock the base ops in all editions. It's honestly not super complicated. There's the regular version with base ops to unlock, ultimate with base ops and all season passes, and then gold I think is usually base plus current season pass.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

you have to unlock the base ops in all editions. It's honestly not super complicated. There's the regular version with base ops to unlock, ultimate with base ops and all season passes, and then gold I think is usually base plus current season pass.

So if I had to choose, what's better advanced or deluxe

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if I had to choose, what's better advanced or deluxe
Advanced is basically a more expensive version of the original game with some outbreak packs, which is just an old event cosmetic loot that you can't get anymore. Otherwise it's the same as the 20 dollar version of the game, so...that's up to you. otherwise the gold will get you some decent DLC ops to start with, or you could just buy the normal and buy the old dlc op years in bundles, which are cheaper in game.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Advanced is basically a more expensive version of the original game with some outbreak packs, which is just an old event cosmetic loot that you can't get anymore. Otherwise it's the same as the 20 dollar version of the game, so...that's up to you. otherwise the gold will get you some decent DLC ops to start with, or you could just buy the normal and buy the old dlc op years in bundles, which are cheaper in game.
Okay thanks!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he sent me this, basically what everyone guessed was on the money. He claims he has names but isn't dropping them to me yet.

Here's the Year 4 S2 operator abilities for anyone curious.

----- Attacker can use a grappling hook to go up hatches. Everyone pretty much knows this one at this point. And its usable on windows too obviously.

----- Defender has a special deployable shield that has a canister on it that drops fire around it when it gets broken

- We know season 1 is lacking in stuff but engine limitations are annoying to work around and it's more crippling than it has been talked about in public. We're also going to try to deliver a fun mid-season event to you guys and already seen some correct guesses on the web about what themed event it is because of skin leaks.

EDIT: oops mean S3 duh. I'm tired.

Was digging for info on next ops.

Definitely like the attacker here, but I hope they are very fast. Would make for some really fun surprise attacks if you could near-instantly rappel up to 3rd floor window and breach on some maps.

I hope there are some team elements though-- would be nice if they left a rope for teammates to climb, but I'm guessing that's not happening.

Not sure about the defender. Seems Smoke is less popular now than early seasons even after his buff. I still want a defender that can quickly deploy some chemical goo that closes up any destruction, which would allow anchors to control the sight lines.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
mfw i rarely use thermite so i associate his ability with breach charges so much so that i accidentally hit the generic gadget button by mistake every time before using it

jQFmnkD.png

WormNeck

Oct 31, 2017
Just got back into the game and I'm having a ton of fun. I have all the base operators unlocked and don't want to buy all of the DLC. What's the best bang for my buck if I want to get the most popular and useful operators?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can buy bundles of Y1 or Y2 ops in the in game store for 20 bucks, or the year 1 ops are now cheaper for grinding out in game so that price may go down eventually (It's currently 20 dollars to buy them individually OR in the bundle, and next season it should be lower than the bundle, so I'm hoping the bundle gets dropped to 10 or 15 soon).

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
3 aces last night in an hour or so of playing, including back to back Mav aces on Chalet and Bank. Mav might be the most fun operator in the game.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Pengu said the SAS shotgun was shadow buffed, but the stats look the same. Anybody know the changes? Maybe the damage dropoff at range is different.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
You can't remove actual fun maps like Skyscraper and Chalet while keeping literal garbage mazes like New Hereford and Theme Park (especially since it's getting reworked anyways) in ranked. Would love to lose Fortress, though Ubi loves to force us to play their new maps. Overall, good idea to narrow the ranked rotation and I'd love to see Ubi mix it up every season, keep the favorites but cycle in a more interesting/less balanced maps to keep things fresh.

Have to imagine whatever new map is in S3 (Kanal rework???) will be added to ranked no matter what.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Most other changes sound good though. I don't know why it's taken four years to seriously address these issues, but I guess Ubi is just fortunate that it hasn't hurt their player count at all because the core game is so good. So good for them.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Yes they are.

Also neat tidbit I was told, engine limitations are holding back much of their wilder operator ideas apparently.
Man that's sad to hear. Do you know what some of those ideas were? And do you have any information on what Y4 S4 gadgets could potentially be? And a huge question is that, do you know if they're reusing old weapons again for these S3 operators? Thanks for your responses lately!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Would really love to know what ideas they are struggling with. Guessing Ubisoft won't budge on a proper engine upgrade, but this game makes so much money that the devs deserve the chance.