• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't understand the ELO given in this game. The more you play the less you get

Now I can't reach platinum 2 nor diamond because when I win all I get is +23...
As uncertainty gets lower, so does the MMR gains/losses. It's a solid concept but I agree that the uncertainty tightens it too much towards the end of a season. They should limit uncertainty to where winning/losing an even matchup is worth something like 40 points at the minimum. I remember back in the day some of the season patch notes said something about how people thought getting diamond wasn't grindy enough so they changed it. I don't recall if they messed with the uncertainty value or if it was just a tweak of the required MMR to get into diamond.

Other games do it better IMO.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
As uncertainty gets lower, so does the MMR gains/losses. It's a solid concept but I agree that the uncertainty tightens it too much towards the end of a season. They should limit uncertainty to where winning/losing an even matchup is worth something like 40 points at the minimum. I remember back in the day some of the season patch notes said something about how people thought getting diamond wasn't grindy enough so they changed it. I don't recall if they messed with the uncertainty value or if it was just a tweak of the required MMR to get into diamond.

Other games do it better IMO.
Overwatch did it best I believe. The system in Siege is garbage. Two diamond squading up with three coppers is absurd and that's another thing they should work on

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
That's clearly cyborg Smoke from Mortal Kombat.

MK-R6 crossover incoming.

Brace for the other new operator: Kurtis Stryker
Lmao I see the comparison. I don't know how to feel about that post. One part of me says that's fake but another part of me thinks that could be genuine. I'm just going to wait and see if Kormora responds and that will be the answer to that picture.

Edit: she responded it's fake lol

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch did it best I believe. The system in Siege is garbage. Two diamond squading up with three coppers is absurd and that's another thing they should work on
They are, they've flat out said that one is coming next season.

I think the system is fine, it's just not exciting when your losses/gains start to stagnate, but it does work.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
They are, they've flat out said that one is coming next season.

I think the system is fine, it's just not exciting when your losses/gains start to stagnate, but it does work.
What's coming next season? New matchmaking system?

I don't find it fine honestly. Especially when you end up in games where the enemy are two diamond and the rest are coppers. Feeding off other people isn't the way to go and doesn't prove anyone that they're good. Just boosting because the ranked garbage system allows it

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's coming next season? New matchmaking system?

I don't find it fine honestly. Especially when you end up in games where the enemy are two diamond and the rest are coppers. Feeding off other people isn't the way to go and doesn't prove anyone that they're good. Just boosting because the ranked garbage system allows it
The part you're bitching about is getting fixed. Rank disparity, either through locked mmr ranges overwatch style or through favoring the high ranks skill, they haven't elaborated, but it was part of their dev blog a few weeks ago.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Ember Rise operator loadouts

Attacker is the Female named Amaru

Loadout: G8A1 LMG / Super Nova / SMG-11 / ITA12S

Grappel hook shoots where you aim it and can go through soft surfaces

Defender is the Male named Goyo

Loadout: Vector / Kaid's Shotgun with Acog (2 speed as well)

3 deployable shields that can have gas attached to it.

Image of Ember Rise main Menu: https://media.discordapp.net/attach...84223516683/Untitled.png?width=509&height=677

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019

Zofia is loosing a impact as well.

Image of Ember Rise main Menu: https://media.discordapp.net/attach...84223516683/Untitled.png?width=509&height=677
No new weapons again?

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019

Zofia is loosing a impact as well.

ugh again with the reused guns, at least they are quite decent now

Mpoposki

Aug 13, 2019
Mr."OpHealth' said, it's time to focus on the game content. So it's now normal. There will be no more Maps & Weapon for the moment

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
-It's pretty meta changing if you can body burst through any soft walls. I like it.
-Three fire shields seems like a lot. I love the vector in general and am happy there is more access to it.
-My poor Zofia.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Eh battlepasses, better than the weird premium event packs. Hope the rewards are decent at least.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Unranked game mode is just what I want. Ranked rules but no placements or rank to stress about. And no more Favella/Yacht/Tower. That was a huge downside to playing casual.

I'll have to grind another 10k so I can unlock the new OPs as soon as possible.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
also so glad we're getting Kanal rework finally... the OG maps have a variety to them that the recent DLC maps just don't have.

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I didn't mind Tower! It was one of the new maps in ranked that my squad adapted to quickly and one we became confident on for the length it remained in ranked. Since then, Fortress, Hereford Base, Villa, and Outback we have struggled on. The latter 2 not is bad but it's enough to ruin our night when our first 3 games of a night is Hereford Base, Fortress, and Villa. I can't wait for the new ranked when 2 of these maps get removed. Villa and Outback is fine for me if I get it in between a map like Bank or Clubhouse.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people are hating on the battle pass but perhaps they could've thrown in a deal for season pass holders.

New operators look fantastic. New shield looks great. Wish they'd buff Castle, Tachanka, Glaz, and Warden/Nokk already though.

Im pumped for Kanal.

Even though Castle denies the new attacker, he's going to be countered hard by Ash and Zofia who will be played more because of the new defender.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Not sure why people are hating on the battle pass but perhaps they could've thrown in a deal for season pass holders.
I don't know. I mean at least they could've given us the season pass holders the premium

Don't mind battle pass since at the end of the day it's just about my playtime, no challenges no nothing. Premium pricing will play a huge factor. If it's ridiculous then the backlash is going to be hard

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
IF the pass is $10 like all the rest of the F2P games, that's fine by me. I don't have to support it if I don't like what's in it.

If they want to do something for Premium owners, make the time to unlock stuff quicker. The 10% discount in the store is shit anyway.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Tower was at a time when I was taking an extended break from the game and coming back recently it's the one I've been slowest to adapt to. Everything just looks so similar there, and I don't tend to engage with verticality in maps if I can help it so it being a more central element of play there throws me off.

Though with the way the game's been changing over time, am I crazy or has Cav's SMG audio been changed? I'm wondering if it's something the game changed or something weird with my setup, it sounds completely different to how I remember it a couple seasons ago.

Edit: Looking at recent and older clips, it's definitely changed.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Though with the way the game's been changing over time, am I crazy or has Cav's SMG audio been changed? I'm wondering if it's something the game changed or something weird with my setup, it sounds completely different to how I remember it a couple seasons ago.

Edit: Looking at recent and older clips, it's definitely changed.

I was thinking the same the other day that maybe my home cinema was broken or something like that. But it only happen with the smg of caveira. Sounds off when start firing.

Last edited: