• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why new weapons are somehow a selling point, llike, there are so many weapons that barely see play already, you can simply make different loadout options of existing weapons and still see weapons you've probably never played with

Buffing weapons that are useless atm would be the next thing on my list to complain about.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Someone PLEASE explain to me this bullshit. Two idiots on my team quit on the first round in casual, before the attack phase even begins. So it's 3 vs 5, you'd think people would late join to my game right? No. Other people quit from the other team and they get replaced IMMEDIATELY. How is this fair?

This game has been pissing me off so much lately.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Someone PLEASE explain to me this bullshit. Two idiots on my team quit on the first round in casual, before the attack phase even begins. So it's 3 vs 5, you'd think people would late join to my game right? No. Other people quit from the other team and they get replaced IMMEDIATELY. How is this fair?
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I also had a lot of matches recently were people dropped out at the beginning of the very first round. Maybe some kind of bug is running it's course?

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
I'm not sure if it's only me but I never click these links that everyone here posts it kind of just makes these pages annoying and flooded with random videos.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I just had a round against a team consisting of: Blitz, Montagne, Fuze with a shield, and two recruits with shields. On PS4. Is this a hack or actually possible? Am I going nuts?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I didn't know Fuze and the recruits could have shields too, it just seemed so strange to me in the moment, seeing the final score screen with everyone holding shields. Yikes.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know Fuze and the recruits could have shields too, it just seemed so strange to me in the moment, seeing the final score screen with everyone holding shields. Yikes.

Going forward from this, spend more time in the operator customization screen and you can learn all the different options for each operator. Maybe you;'ll find something new that you'll want to try. It'll also help you prepare for the matches as you become familiar with the sounds of each weapon and who has access to certain weapons.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
We played for the first time in a long time yesterday. I got a couple aces and I don't think we dropped a match. People have gotten soft since we left.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here play Overwatch? I realize about the only thing they have in common are Heroes, but I keep thinking I'd like to try it.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, info will come when it's ready.
Yes but no, it never hurts to ask, their usually very quick with information like a fews days after Phantom Sight came out she told us what Amaru and Goyo were going to have for gadgets. And she already told us that "Jäger will have competition" so their Ubi buddy already knows the information Kormora is just waiting for them to relay the information to her.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I used to, but it's a miserable experience and from what I can tell it's only gotten worse.

That's a very accurate way of putting it. I loved it when it first dropped, but I've never EVER played a game that I felt was actively trying to keep me from using all the tools it gives you. Right now, there are so many goddamn shield heroes that it's just completely frustrating. When it's fun, it's fun, but that seems to only be about 10% of the time, while the rest is pure frustration. I have TON of other issues with the game, but I won't go on.
In my eyes, Overwatch is a failed experiment.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I used to, but it's a miserable experience and from what I can tell it's only gotten worse.
Too bad man.
Just until mid season when all four casual only maps come flooding back. Why do that? They should just rotate one busted map in at a time. Ubi knows the quit rates and I'm sure the data is clear people don't want to play on those.
That's a very accurate way of putting it. I loved it when it first dropped, but I've never EVER played a game that I felt was actively trying to keep me from using all the tools it gives you. Right now, there are so many goddamn shield heroes that it's just completely frustrating. When it's fun, it's fun, but that seems to only be about 10% of the time, while the rest is pure frustration. I have TON of other issues with the game, but I won't go on.
In my eyes, Overwatch is a failed experiment.
That's what I'm hearing and I am so not interested in that.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Come to think of it isn't it a bit weird to do a free week before and not after the new season patch?
I don't know. It probably gives new players a reason to stick around and see what's changed with the new season and maybe spend money for the new operators.

Too bad man.

Just until mid season when all four casual only maps come flooding back. Why do that? They should just rotate one busted map in at a time. Ubi knows the quit rates and I'm sure the data is clear people don't want to play on those.

That's what I'm hearing and I am so not interested in that.

Yeah, I definitely agree. 95% of the time it's completely frustrating because it's so team based, but the 5% of the time when you get a good game it's some of the most fun you can have.
Role queue definitely alleviate some of the problems though.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yeah Nokk is the better of the two since you can just use the gadget and it does it's job while Warden is having to wait for the Attackers to do certain actions other wise it's pointless.

I'm not complaining that they turned out underwhelming because I think they have their spot, it's just not what I play.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017

Nooo :'(

At least they will return them to the pool in a few weeks. I love House and Plane - and I quite miss Bartlett (Why is it unavailable for so long anyways? They could at least give it back to us in Casual, like they returned Yacht and Favela.)

Oh, and I like the sound of:
We are also aiming to make the playlist more dynamic and enjoyable.
Especially if it means some of the aforementioned maps return, at least for a while.

Oct 27, 2017
I would appreciate if they do something radical like Splatoon and have a rotation of just 1 or 2 maps that changes every few hours or every day, at least in Casual.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would appreciate if they do something radical like Splatoon and have a rotation of just 1 or 2 maps that changes every few hours or every day, at least in Casual.
No thanks. It has to be long enough for more than 1-2 games to be on the same map for it to be meaningful in the first place, and that sounds boring as sin.

They have a playlist for new players with a smaller map pool. I could see doing a rotation of maps THERE, like make newcomer have a weekly rotation or something, but...not everywhere else.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I like casual rotation. The problem isn't that the maps are bad (though they are), it's that Siege requires such an incredible amount of map knowledge that reducing the number of maps in the rotation is a necessity. Hopefully there will be less overlap between the ranked/unranked and casual map rotations though. Have fun meme maps in Casual and have competitive maps in unranked.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
My favorite mode in this game has always been casual, but lately it's been so fucking toxic and full of squads of diamonds. It's the fucking worst. At this point I think ranked is better...and I don't like ranked.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Anyone notice a decrease in performance in one of the more recent patches in the last 3-6 months? Massive drops/dips when before performance was a lot better and consistent.