• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have close to 1400 hours in this game. I think I have played like 2 ranked games lol.

I dont think the unranked gametype is gonna get to me dive in. Might give it a look but I think I will stick to casual. I would have much preferred a Lone Wolves play list like Halo where you only get matched against other solo randoms.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Ranked, why I think unranked is gonna be good, is for the ruleset. The decreased timer and more rounds is better than the ruleset in casual imo. Attackers get less time to goof around around the point.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Ranked, why I think unranked is gonna be good, is for the ruleset. The decreased timer and more rounds is better than the ruleset in casual imo. Attackers get less time to goof around around the point.
Definitely. Rounds are too long in casual, half the time as a defender I feel like I'm just waiting.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I just learned (sorry I don't follow test server) that Smoke and Warden both lost their impacts, I'm like literally distressed over this. Love those ops cause they have my favorite loadout (M590A1 + SMG 11/12) and impacts and now I've lost both in the same patch

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned (sorry I don't follow test server) that Smoke and Warden both lost their impacts, I'm like literally distressed over this. Love those ops cause they have my favorite loadout (M590A1 + SMG 11/12) and impacts and now I've lost both in the same patch
Those loadout changes are some of the least impactful (pardon the pun) because they have the shotgun.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I think impacts are probably the worst defender gadget. You only need one or two rotation holes, so you only need one person in your team to take impacts and/or a shotgun (which is easy since Mira is a must-pick on most maps). Way too many people roll with impacts when they could be taking barbed wire.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Impacts are huge right now because of impact tricking. It's a stupidly easy way to deny a breach and the counter to it requires a lot of coordination and multiple people. I wonder if them removing impacts is because of how prevalent impact tricking has become in the higher ranks or it's just to change gadgets around. Personally I think they should just fix impact tricking as it's pretty unbalanced seeing as how a lot of anchor type ops have impacts anyway so they can sit on site and deny hatch or wall breaches.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Impacts are huge right now because of impact tricking. It's a stupidly easy way to deny a breach and the counter to it requires a lot of coordination and multiple people. I wonder if them removing impacts is because of how prevalent impact tricking has become in the higher ranks or it's just to change gadgets around. Personally I think they should just fix impact tricking as it's pretty unbalanced seeing as how a lot of anchor type ops have impacts anyway so they can sit on site and deny hatch or wall breaches.
Can you explain impact tricking? I mean if a hatch is reinforced how can an Impact prevent a breach there (from the bottom of the hatch)?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Can you explain impact tricking? I mean if a hatch is reinforced how can an Impact prevent a breach there (from the bottom of the hatch)?

If there is soft floor next to the hatch, someone like Smoke can shotgun open some holes. Then when the breach is planted throw an impact grenade up at a certain angle so it explodes on the floor and destroys the breach.

For walls it depends if the wall has a soft part on top of it, like the exterior walls of CEO office on Bank or the Statuary room on Villa. You can shoot some holes open in the top then throw an impact so it explodes on the ceiling to destroy any breaches going off.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017

True, I forgot about impact tricking, but only because there aren't that many maps where the wall is soft above a must-breach hard wall -- bank is the most obvious one. Most of the places where that's the case (1st floor Border) it's a liability for the defenders since they can frag you out and destroy any bandit/kaid gadgets without a Thatcher. Plus for hatches anything you can impact trick with you can do better with a nitro cell.

These days I just try to always roll with barbed wire, sometimes I'll even take it over a nitro cell. It's just too useful.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I think impacts are probably the worst defender gadget. You only need one or two rotation holes, so you only need one person in your team to take impacts and/or a shotgun (which is easy since Mira is a must-pick on most maps). Way too many people roll with impacts when they could be taking barbed wire.

i've had some gamesaving kills with Impacts, mostly against shielded attackers :D

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Nora Rengo and G2 bundles on PS4 as well as the Faze Caviera headgear on PC.

Looking forward to playing Kanal later today :) Pleasantly surprised to see that I didn't need to apply attachments to Goyo or Amaru's loadouts (on the PS4).

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the turquoise/stone seasonal skin with some extra renown. It's one of the best-looking ones yet, imo. The material work is really nice.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
I have close to 1400 hours in this game. I think I have played like 2 ranked games lol.

I dont think the unranked gametype is gonna get to me dive in. Might give it a look but I think I will stick to casual. I would have much preferred a Lone Wolves play list like Halo where you only get matched against other solo randoms.
Casual high-five! 787 hours logged on Steam, playing Casual 99,99% of the time, and counting :D

Also, yay for being in the community spotlight again! Would anyone be willing to organize a game night on PC one of these days?

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
New Kanal actually seems really great and retains the feel of the original; better than Hereford (RIP OG map 😟).

Only problem is I'm getting constant crashes on PS4 Pro and can't complete a a match without a crash. Will play more when that's fixed.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First round as Amaru....flew through the top floor window on Kanal by the new bridge, shotgunned goyo, shot his shield to kill doc. Great success

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Dat thread title change!

captainamericaunderstoodref.gif
giphy.gif

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Either the game or Uplay is a buggy disaster currently

Anybody else feel like the new featured operator screen is real dumb? Just go straight to the complete roster

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The roster doesn't fit on one screen reasonably any more, that's WHY it was reworked.
No, I'm fine with the roster being split into attackers and defenders, but I don't get the landing page with 2 operators on it. Just put me on the actually roster page, why I gotta click to get to a 2nd subscreen to see the full roster?

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I can't wait to get my season rank. I can't stand playing ranked. God it pisses me off so much with how worthless some of my team mates are. Surrending because they don't want to take a loss due to their poor play. Christ.

Oct 26, 2017
Played 3 ranked placements on Xbox... win... followed by 3000 ping DDOS on attack where we just forfeited after 2 rounds of letting the timer run out, followed by going up by 3-1 on new Kanal where they DDOSed to crash the server. Really good time. I think the Xbox community for this game has hit the all-time low for any game I've ever played. It's worse than fucking COD ranked mode at this point, lol.

Played a few placements on PC and they were fine, aside from some questionable plays from some teammates. Still haven't seen a DDOS on PC. Wallhacks, sure. Anti-recoil macros, most definitely.

Sophie

Oct 28, 2017
Goyo's shield is great, unless you're Kapkan or Echo. Because I feel like a jerk for asking people to combo with me as Kapkan, or at least give me room to put my EDDs up.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Really enjoying the Discovery playlist! Shame it crashes on PS4 unpredictably and frequently.

EDIT: Wow, crashed before I could even get in matchmaking after boot lol.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've been getting a ton of crashes on PS4 too. Every single ranked game I played, I got a crash. Thankfully you're able to rejoin, but I've never gotten so many crashes before.