• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 16, 2019
UK
Yesterdey I booted up the game after I ignored last season completely.

I enter in an unranked game, they ban the new operators and my teammates vote for the usual dumb bans. The game was a shitshow of friendly fire.

I go on a ranked match. Same thing, except people quit as well.

I payed for a fucking season pass that I cannot use. They should not allow the new operators to be voted by people without season pass. I understand it's not how this game should work, but I fucking paid money for this.

Bu then again my bad, I forgot that without a team this game is unplayable and my friends are not coming back on r6 anytime soon

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterdey I booted up the game after I ignored last season completely.

I enter in an unranked game, they ban the new operators and my teammates vote for the usual dumb bans. The game was a shitshow of friendly fire.

I go on a ranked match. Same thing, except people quit as well.

I payed for a fucking season pass that I cannot use. They should not allow the new operators to be voted by people without season pass. I understand it's not how this game should work, but I fucking paid money for this.

Bu then again my bad, I forgot that without a team this game is unplayable and my friends are not coming back on r6 anytime soon
If you don't want ops to be banned, play casual.

It would be WAY more bullshit to have a ban system but just say 'you cannot ban these ops just because someone bought them' - someone bought EVERY op.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have aiming tips? In so many killcams it'll show someone seeing me for like half a second and they'll instantly headshot me but when I shoot the gun it's like some wild bull flailing all over the place. I'm on pc and maybe it's just my mouse but I'm really struggling with it compared to seemingly everybody else, their weapons just don't seem to have the same kind of recoil as mine do when shot.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
If you don't want ops to be banned, play casual.

It would be WAY more bullshit to have a ban system but just say 'you cannot ban these ops just because someone bought them' - someone bought EVERY op.
No. I did not buy every OP, I paid for the privilege of having them immediately. I paid 30 quids to have them without grindind and they added to that a 2 weeks bullshit exclusive. Now I never cared for it, but if I cannot use those operators I do care. Why buy a season pass then?

I did not say no ban because I paid for them, but a no ban policy for the exclusive weeks we paid for.

And no, Casual is rubbish, I don't play that mode with those maps and the lack of selecting the site

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. I did not buy every OP, I paid for the privilege of having them immediately. I paid 30 quids to have them without grindind and they added to that a 2 weeks bullshit exclusive. Now I never cared for it, but if I cannot use those operators I do care. Why buy a season pass then?

I did not say no ban because I paid for them, but a no ban policy for the exclusive weeks we paid for.

And no, Casual is rubbish, I don't play that mode with those maps and the lack of selecting the site
Don't play the competitive modes if you dont' want to play competitively. Part of that is the operator ban system.

Arbitrarily locking out a ban of the new ops just because you got mad about it is the stupidest shit in the world. If you think you shouldn't pay for them - don't, just buy em with renown next year.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Don't play the competitive modes if you dont' want to play competitively. Part of that is the operator ban system.

Arbitrarily locking out a ban of the new ops just because you got mad about it is the stupidest shit in the world. If you think you shouldn't pay for them - don't, just buy em with renown next year.
Banning new operators it's not competitive. It's childish.

We are not pro league, the competitive modes are fine even with the inability to ban single operators for 2 weeks.

I don't expect this treatment, but since this is the shitty way they are selling their pass I would expect something in return.

I sure won't pay for the next one. It's easier and better to buy them each time they release

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Anyone have aiming tips? In so many killcams it'll show someone seeing me for like half a second and they'll instantly headshot me but when I shoot the gun it's like some wild bull flailing all over the place. I'm on pc and maybe it's just my mouse but I'm really struggling with it compared to seemingly everybody else, their weapons just don't seem to have the same kind of recoil as mine do when shot.
Try the L85A2 on attack with Sledge and Thatcher (one of the most useful operators in the games) and try the MP5 on defence with Rook and Doc. These weapons don't have as much recoil as other good weapons in the game. You should use an acog with a vertical grip. If you can master the recoil on these weapons, you can try other more difficult weapons.

I'm so angry. I was in a 2 vs 2 in the last round of overtime and my teammate killed me with a impact grenade which he threw too low. The opponents then killed him in a crossfire and we lost.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering if people were rage quitting casual last night (more than usual) on PS4.
But I guess a lot of people are crashing? My friends all have European copies of the game, and every every one of them experienced frequent crashing today and yesterday.

I'm yet to experience one though (Japanese copy).

Nov 2, 2018
Was wondering if people were rage quitting casual last night (more than usual) on PS4.
But I guess a lot of people are crashing? My friends all have European copies of the game, and every every one of them experienced frequent crashing today and yesterday.

I'm yet to experience one though (Japanese copy).

EU here, no crashing last night

jtb

Oct 25, 2017

We are not pro league, the competitive modes are fine even with the inability to ban single operators for 2 weeks.

I don't expect this treatment, but since this is the shitty way they are selling their pass I would expect something in return.

I sure won't pay for the next one. It's easier and better to buy them each time they release

People who ban the new ops are dumb. Take the free elo and run monty/echo or whatever. The "advantage" of the season pass is not having to grind 25,000 renown (20 hours or something?). I don't think it's worth it anymore (if it ever was).

Play solo terrorist hunt and situations to get a feel for the weapons. Siege is a FPS where shot placement is really important, so usually lower sensitivity is best for recoil control, headshots, etc. and you can get used to a longer mouse sweep if you need to do quick turns or anything.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Play solo terrorist hunt and situations to get a feel for the weapons. Siege is a FPS where shot placement is really important, so usually lower sensitivity is best for recoil control, headshots, etc. and you can get used to a longer mouse sweep if you need to do quick turns or anything.
This is the best advice. You can even create custom matches just by yourself and shoot walls to test your recoil control and the patterns. At least now the bullet goes where your sight is located.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

If you want to try the new OPs play casual then.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Pick/ban being available on the new ops is necessary in case they release some stupidly overpowered or annoying ops and people don't want to deal with them. Imagine if we had it during the days of original Ela or Blackbeard.

I think pick/ban being in the game now led to them making the phantom sight operators underpowered becuase they were worried about them being banned immediately from games.

Like the others said if you want to play the new Ops just play casual. Although in my games so far I haven't seen people banning Amaru/Goyo much at all, maybe just a couple times on Goyo.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Pick/ban being available on the new ops is necessary in case they release some stupidly overpowered or annoying ops and people don't want to deal with them. Imagine if we had it during the days of original Ela or Blackbeard.

I think pick/ban being in the game now led to them making the phantom sight operators underpowered becuase they were worried about them being banned immediately from games.

Like the others said if you want to play the new Ops just play casual. Although in my games so far I haven't seen people banning Amaru/Goyo much at all, maybe just a couple times on Goyo.
They should just do what they do in other games. Don't enable the new operators for ranked until a week or two.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Goyo might end up being banned a lot regardless of him being new. He seems crazy powerful. Top end guns and top end gadget. Dealing with the volcans increases the importance of Buck, which I have wanted to get better at playing anyway.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
sounds like Siege isn't really a game for you
Right, because on ranked, which is clearly the r6 mode, I have to deal with constant trolls and people way below and way above my level.

If you play like this I pity you

Then deal with the competitiveness of Ranked

You are missing the point. Having a character banned in a desire of spite because you do not have that charachter it's not competetive. It's childish shit that kill competitiveness. I had plenty of matches where people without the pass still wished to go against a character in order to learn. That is competitiveness.

If, however, some shitty scheme which I did not ask for ( i want the operators not the exclusivity) brings the people to troll ban and petty ban is not only not competitive anymore, it's against the design of the game.

When they banned fucking Warden the first 2 weeks on last season, was it competitive or was it a spiteful fuck you you season pass owner?

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Sounds like you haven't enjoyed any aspect of the game in a long time so maybe it's time to keep it uninstalled for longer. You're gonna find bad eggs in every layer this game, from casual to unranked to ranked. It's a team game and ppl tend to be pricks on the internet. Either learn to deal with it or find a squad to play with. Plenty of discord communities to choose from.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I'm having a hard time getting a clear answer. What improvements will I see if I upgrade to a PS4 Pro for Siege? There is a bonus event going on this weekend at Shoppers Drug Mart and its a good time to redeem my points. Thanks.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right, because on ranked, which is clearly the r6 mode, I have to deal with constant trolls and people way below and way above my level.

If you play like this I pity you

You are missing the point. Having a character banned in a desire of spite because you do not have that charachter it's not competetive. It's childish shit that kill competitiveness. I had plenty of matches where people without the pass still wished to go against a character in order to learn. That is competitiveness.

If, however, some shitty scheme which I did not ask for ( i want the operators not the exclusivity) brings the people to troll ban and petty ban is not only not competitive anymore, it's against the design of the game.

When they banned fucking Warden the first 2 weeks on last season, was it competitive or was it a spiteful fuck you you season pass owner?
It is irrelevant. Nobody is doing this at any rank but fucking copper or bronze where they have 0 idea what they're doing. If you want to be able to play whatever op you want, you need to play modes where bans aren't a thing.

It's not that complicated, but you're throwing your own obstacles up constantly.

Oct 26, 2017
Flailing bull as in you can't control the recoil? Anyway, general tip for actual aiming is turn your sensitivity down until it's so slow it makes you want to kill yourself. Then practice and play with it until it feels pretty normal. Then turn it farther down into the new 'kill yourself' zone and repeat until you've lost your mind or you've made it down into the pro levels of sensitivity.

Useful guide for how sensitivity works in this game: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/629pux/pc_guide_to_sensitivity_and_multiplier/

I highly recommend lowerikng the MouseSensitivityMultiplier thing in the .ini file as it will give you much better granularity for low sensitivities.

And if you are having troubles with vertical recoil, you can try setting your vertical sensitivity to be higher than your horizontal. I've been going with 1.2 times my horizontal sens. in Siege and PUBG and I feel it helps generally.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Between me and my friends we can barely finish a full game of this anymore without multiple people crashing. Opening the uplay overlay seems to trigger it a lot more often, but sometimes it will just flip out and crash in between rounds for no reason. Patch is a MESS

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I'm having a hard time getting a clear answer. What improvements will I see if I upgrade to a PS4 Pro for Siege? There is a bonus event going on this weekend at Shoppers Drug Mart and its a good time to redeem my points. Thanks.
Hey mate, it means you never see a single frame drop in MP, and there's a resolution bump to 1440p which is great if you have a 4K TV.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
What happened to the Gaming Hangouts for Rainbow Six Siege? I searched for it here, googled, even checked my comments and didn't find anything.

They messed up my mute :( It takes longer to set down mute jammers now which limits me on running around doing what I could do before the round begins.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
What happened to the Gaming Hangouts for Rainbow Six Siege? I searched for it here, googled, even checked my comments and didn't find anything.

They messed up my mute :( It takes longer to set down mute jammers now which limits me on running around doing what I could do before the round begins.
I don't think there was ever a hangouts thread. This has always been the only thread to discuss the MP.

This update is nothing but crashes for me on PS4 lol.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

p4ohrv1juam31.gif

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Fuze is a bit underrated because his gadget is so limited... he rolls with smokes and has the best AR in the game (if you don't mind the awful scope). Shorter fuze = better for protecting defuser. All in all, makes for a pretty good bomb attacker.

Also 10 ranked placements later, I saw one Goyo ban and no Amaru bans -- pretty clear that Goyo is a nice addition to the game and might mix the meta up a bit (especially since he gets to choose between the two most unique defender weapons). Amaru is fun but will likely be a casual only pick.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I've seen some Amaru bans but I don't think ive seen any Goyo bans. People seem more keen on using those defense bans on echo and lesion, sometimes clash so far.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Are we unable to shoot breach charges through the wall now? I used to be able to shoot those out easy and now they just go off since the update.

Oct 26, 2017
Crappy Goyo placements are like the new crappy Castle. People just put those damn Volcans down without any thought as to how they might affect the defense's ability to rotate without dying in a vault animation.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Is the half-sprint thing the new crouchspamming? I thought it only affected client side noise, seems dumb.

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
Well, there's not a lot of asymmetrical movement in Siege (it's most just lateral), so like was mentioned it's mostly just crosshair placement; you want to always aim where you think the enemy's head will be. Eventually, keeping your crosshair head height will become reflexive, and from there it's just a matter of tracking/small adjustments. Best way to start it probably just run t-hunts and force yourself to (try to) hit only headshots (and when you're doing pvp, nag yourself about crosshair placement).

Beyond that, you should experiment with your dpi and in-game sensitivity to find what's most comfortable for you, and remember to pull down the mouse for higher recoil weapons.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned you can destroy the phones that fall from defenders when there is a Dokk on the board. That's kind of cool.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
i think i'll start trying out unranked. i've never played ranked in siege solely because i find it lame that it plasters your w/l and k/d on your profile permanently while ranks are wiped seasonally. i just don't like things that exist to give ammunition to shitty people in a match.

How's the new ops? Is there a new map?
i'm enjoying them more than last season's. no brand new map, but there is a remake of kanal.