• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
I never argued they can't be played in ranked/unranked and I have been able to so far. Especially Goyo. I find it easier to get them in ranked since they are no vote kick options and teammates are relatively easy going compared to casual. I did have one game with the other team banning the new ops but so far it hasn't been much of an issue. Not many going Amaru compared to Goyo. In the past I have issues with picking new ops in casual as a season drops that turns into a tk fest or vote kick. Unranked is a life saver in that I can avoid casual completely.

Oct 27, 2017
i think i'll start trying out unranked. i've never played ranked in siege solely because i find it lame that it plasters your w/l and k/d on your profile permanently while ranks are wiped seasonally. i just don't like things that exist to give ammunition to shitty people in a match.

i'm enjoying them more than last season's. no brand new map, but there is a remake of kanal.

It doesn't show any stats in a ranked match though, until the end when it shows your rank. Except your level but that doesn't mean anything.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

y7txhc298zm31.gif

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
The banning new operators in ranked conversation in this thread seems weirdly heated for what it is. Yes the paid pass plus people banning the ops seems a bit off. But no it doesn't seem to happen very much, and it's a 1 week situation anyway. With the operators being on TTS for 3 weeks, and picks and bans including them during the year pass exclusivity period, it's clear that the year pass is little to no value at this point. My guess is year pass players will get the full battle pass for Y4S4 thrown in for free, and then Y5 will ditch the year pass system in favor of full battle pass, and operators being available day one for everyone via renown or r6 credits. Continuing with the current model and slapping a battle pass on top of it makes no sense.

Its too long to twitch clip but everyone should take 5 mins of your day and watch this round that ad9m just played this shit blew my mind

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482523229?t=7h26m
Not that it wasn't a good round or anything but what in particular blew your mind? Also the sound is muted for 90 percent of it which detracts as I would have liked to have heard the calls.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Not that it wasn't a good round or anything but what in particular blew your mind? Also the sound is muted for 90 percent of it which detracts as I would have liked to have heard the calls.
Ah I didn't realize the sound would be muted in the VOD, that absolutely ruins the clip damn, sorry. It was basically him on-the-fly calling how to avoid being spawn peaked, he was Babe Ruthing his approach in the first 2 minutes, literally calling the office peeker before he even saw/kill him.

Oct 26, 2017
Played 8 games today. 3 wins. 1 loss. 3 ddos resulting in no game. 1 ddos resulting in a loss and 30 minute abandon sanction. The previous couple of sessions weren't bad but tonight was a shitshow. At least I had an excellent round of PUBG afterwards.

Oct 26, 2017
almost 25k and that new operator spider girl is looking nice, should I unlock her?
Hard to say, what other operators are you missing? Do you plan on going hard at ranked or are you more of a casual/unranked kind of player? As of right now I think she's a little meme-tier. They need to make her gadget quieter or something. I'd have a hard time justifying bringing her on most attacks. There are some interesting rushes she can do, but some of the more useful stuff like getting into Chalet's trophy room from the garage side are already kind of played out.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hard to say, what other operators are you missing? Do you plan on going hard at ranked or are you more of a casual/unranked kind of player? As of right now I think she's a little meme-tier. They need to make her gadget quieter or something. I'd have a hard time justifying bringing her on most attacks. There are some interesting rushes she can do, but some of the more useful stuff like getting into Chalet's trophy room from the garage side are already kind of played out.

I'm also missing nokk, dokkaebi, lion, maverick, finka, gridlock and ying. i'm more of a casual i find the ambient on ranked pretty toxic at times

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also missing nokk, dokkaebi, lion, maverick, finka, gridlock and ying. i'm more of a casual i find the ambient on ranked pretty toxic at times
Do you have all the defenders? Out of that bunch I find Dokkaebi to be the most fun to play. The ACOG DMR paired with the CZWhatever has you covered for any combat situation. And now you get frags. And you annoy the shit out of defenders with the calls and hacked cameras. As opposed to Amaru where you try go up a hatch or through a window and hope nobody happens to be right there to collect the free kill. Though getting on site quickly and spraying everyone down with that LMG can be fun too. Maybe in casual she's a bit more viable than she is in Gold/Plat.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do you have all the defenders? Out of that bunch I find Dokkaebi to be the most fun to play. The ACOG DMR paired with the CZWhatever has you covered for any combat situation. And now you get frags. And you annoy the shit out of defenders with the calls and hacked cameras. As opposed to Amaru where you try go up a hatch or through a window and hope nobody happens to be right there to collect the free kill. Though getting on site quickly and spraying everyone down with that LMG can be fun too. Maybe in casual she's a bit more viable than she is in Gold/Plat.

On def side I'm missing Mira, Maestro, Mozzie, clash, Ela, Goyo, Vigil, Kaid and Warden(the useless).

I was eyeing Mira for a long time and Maestro. But I my previous unlocks were all defenders so I was thinking of an attacker this time. I was annoyed many times by dokkaebi but never really thought of unlocking her.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
god the kanal rework is so good. it might be the best map in the game currently.

these new ops and this new update have reinvigorated my love of this game after a real long slump these last few updates.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mira, Maestro, Mozzie are all good picks. Even Kaid and Goyo for more situational use.
god the kanal rework is so good. it might be the best map in the game currently.

these new ops and this new update have reinvigorated my love of this game after a real long slump these last few updates.
I've yet to play it (haven't played R6 for at nearly 6 months... was getting stale needed a break) but Outback is great and the changes on Kafe seem good. So past 3 maps have been good, hope they keep it up. There have definitely been some duds in the past.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've had some crashes too -- my first ever in Siege, the rotating Goyo and Amaru main menu bugs out as well, and my character's phone has been twisted into their hand when dealing with Dok alarms. Pretty buggy season for me so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Only just started playing Ember Rise last night for three games and right now I'm two games in for the night. Um... Is the crazy pre-Operation Health peekers advantage a thing again? Every game my friends and I have played so far has resulted in us dying from fuckers who, on our screens, are not where they appeared to be.

Best example, and I wish I'd save the video, was an IQ smashing out a ground floor window, I held the angle and started pre-firing when I suddenly died. The killcam showed her vaulting in, turning to the right and killing me, yet in-game she hadn't vaulted in yet. If this was the only time I'd simply blame it on lag, but we're all dying from this type of shit.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Just had a ranked match where a teammate yelled at me me for baiting (never been accused of that before, didn't even know what it was until this game), then he got mad because I didn't get a refrag, then he proceeded to bitch in type chat. All of this culiminating him calling me and everyone via voice the N word and that he was gonna DDoS the server. Whole game went down, everyone got kicked. Awesome.

looked him up on r6tab and he's a diamond/plat player going by previous seasons lol

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Huge banwave incoming for dossers, apparently all of them were detected, this should finally decrease but much the frequency. In the meantime they are still working with Microsoft and Sony to solve the problem.

It's going to be a great day tomorrow, finally some bans on console, can't wait for babies to cry

Oct 26, 2017
The 'community' hates shields so much that I would be shocked to see a new one enter at this point. Clash had the novelty of being a defender. I think shields speak to the core of Siege gameplay, that is asymmetry and teamwork so I would love to see a new shield operator.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
The 'community' hates shields so much that I would be shocked to see a new one enter at this point. Clash had the novelty of being a defender. I think shields speak to the core of Siege gameplay, that is asymmetry and teamwork so I would love to see a new shield operator.
With all the nerfs to shields lately, it could tie in pretty well with a new shield operator coming to Siege. Maybe these current nerfs are actually for the future operator. But who knows we'll see in the near future if Kormora states anything.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
The people that I play this game with are constantly complaining about things like when we get a bad map (house, yacht, favela, etc) constantly complaining about certain ops being in eeeevery game we play (personally I want Jackal deleted from the game but shield ops, Lesion and some others are consistently annoying) and how we (a bunch of sub-silver shitters) are always getting matched up with gold players, the occasional plat players and a never ending cavalcade of obvious smurfs that wipe their ass with us. And lastly they complain about the people we get matched on a team with (the times we aren't a full stack) don't care about winning at all. They troll us, team kill us, or just disconnect in the middle of the game.. My friends actually care about winning. And despite ALL this complaining, these people REFUSE to play ranked.

We got a taste of ranked style gameplay last week when there was a challenge to win unranked games and I loved it. I love being able to ban Jackal every game. I love that there's a set rotation of maps and almost none of them are dogshit. I loved that we actually had to pick meaningful operators and use some semblance of strategy to try and win. I loved that we had to use drones. I loved that every single game we were matched with same skill opponents and still won lots of games. Yet for some reason I can't convince any of these guys to play ranked with me. I DON'T GET IT. The solution to all their problems exists and they refuse it.

I dunno if they care about their actual ELO (I personally couldn't give less of a shit what my rating is, I just like the perks of playing ranked) but I doubt that's it because they don't even want to play unranked. They complain about match length (can go up to 9 rounds...) but the rounds are shorter, even if there are potentially more per game. We play for a set amount of time anyways. I've run out of arguments to try and get these guys on board. If we ever queue ranked one of the guys literally just alt-F4's like a child. One of them complains cause he wants to pick his "waifu" characters and doesn't want to worry about team comp. I don't get it. I hate this.

I want to just solo queue, but even tho the pubbers in ranked are more receptive to stuff like voice chatting and tactics, it still can be a volatile situation when we start losing and people start flaming. Not only that but the main reason I love this game so much is cause I can horse around with the lads while we play. I'd rather play casual with them than ranked with strangers.

edit: christ sorry for the blog

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019