• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So I just got unironically called a "Cuck beta male" in ranked because I tried to explain why the ban feature in ranked was a useful thing to have. It's the first time outside of the internet that I have ever come across someone that is just that ignorant.

Last edited:

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
This season has been the most fun I've had in Siege in a long time. My wins are up, my K/D is almost double what it had been and I'm going positive. I know it sounds crazy but it's taken me a long long time to get a handle on the many moving pieces of this game.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
The "Deluxe Edition" is on sale on PSN, and I'm thinking about jumping in. Is that going to be fine? Do I need heroes (operators?) from later seasons or something to be at all competitive? Is the PSN version of the game even still alive? I haven't kept up with these hip new business models...

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting full freezes every time I open the challenges menu shift+f2. Already verified files. Anyone else get this?

Oct 26, 2017
The "Deluxe Edition" is on sale on PSN, and I'm thinking about jumping in. Is that going to be fine? Do I need heroes (operators?) from later seasons or something to be at all competitive? Is the PSN version of the game even still alive? I haven't kept up with these hip new business models...
I would imagine the PS4 version is pretty alive, Xbox is fine at least, it's the most popular FPS, and 5th 'most played' game in the US at least behind Fortnite, NBA2k20, Apex, and GTAV.

Deluxe seems to come with all the Year 1 Pass operators... which includes a lot of good ones. The grind to unlock the launch operators isn't long at all. The grind to unlock Y2 and beyond is a bit longer. They changed the system a couple of times so I'm not exactly sure how it works at this point, but I think unlocking the original operators took like 25k renown, which is what one brand new operator costs. The older operators now go down in price all the way down to 10k I believe.

But yeah OG + Y1 will be perfectly viable. By the time you master the important operators and have developed any map/game awareness you'll have plenty of renown to unlock new operators. If you're playing casually enough to where you aren't unlocking new operators at a decent pace, you're also probably playing on a level where it really doesn't matter that much.

I'm getting full freezes every time I open the challenges menu shift+f2. Already verified files. Anyone else get this?
Happens to me, if I mash shift+f2 a few times it seems to eventually work though. Also I have some permanently impossible to redeem challenges on there that the "collect all" button does nothing for either. Still, it's somehow a million times better than the console version of Ubi Club.

Last edited:

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have about had enough of this game now, i cannot finish a match with a full team it has been like this the last couple of weeks, first game a player leaves and often going into the third game it's 3v5.

This Battle Pass when I lose a match I am not receiving any points so it is even harder to progress.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017

Yea, this looks real promising. Mentioning lag and peekers advantage in the reveal shows they know what others lack.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just hit level 10, What's the point of Unranked? Do stats in unranked even count towards trophies?
Ranked is a different experience than casual play. Unranked lets you have the rules of ranked without the stress of it actually affecting your rank.

Smaller map pool (and basically only at least acceptably competitive maps) that rotates seasonally
shorter rounds (Helps prevent what you see in casual where people just stall out staring at fucking angles for the last 2 minutes)
Only bomb
operator bans
best of 7 with 3 rounds each of attack/defense before you swap, and OT where you have to win two rounds

I think that's it off the top of my head. It's honestly just a better way to play siege in most ways, but it's a bit more overwhelming for new players.

I'd definitely recommend the newcomer playlist until you feel very comfortable on those 3 maps if you're genuinely new. Map knowledge is one of the most important parts of siege to really set it apart from other shooters due to how destruction works, but it also GREATLY complicates how long it takes to learn said maps, and ahving a smaller map pool really helps you learn how the game operates faster since you won't spend as much time just lost and confused.

People still find new angles on maps that are years old in this game, it can really surprise you at times.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Halloween event launches this Tuesday and runs for 2 weeks? I'm only basing this on where we are in the calendar, not any concrete info.

I think I will actually spend some money this event too. The Kapkan and Doc skin look soooooo good.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Casual playlist changed for the second half of the season. Plane, house, favella, and yacht are back in. I guess I'll be playing more unranked and ranked now.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Also, something clicked, and all of a sudden... I like tower? All morning I only got a rotation of house, plane, favella, tower, and outback.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Damn, the patch no longer allows me to impact a ceiling in Blue bar. (forget the map name)
I'm excited for this halloween event.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed you can buy the new packs with Renown. It's very costly, but still if they do these events like 3-4 times a year I think it's feasible to at least get most of them with renown if you play a lot. That's VERY nice.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed you can buy the new packs with Renown. It's very costly, but still if they do these events like 3-4 times a year I think it's feasible to at least get most of them with renown if you play a lot. That's VERY nice.
Isn't it nice. After three very good events, this one is just even more fantastic. No complaints. (I got Bandit's uniform free. <3)

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I know I shouldn't complain about getting black ice, but I just got the blackwood skin like an hour ago, then I got black ice for the same gun just now. :|

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I was ready to put down cash money for the frost headpiece and it seems you can't. I'd play 13 rounds, but the event kinda sucks for me. I don't find it fun.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Siege is really telling me to play Lesion more. I've opened I think 6 packs and I already have his full set.

All I wanted was Frosts uniform.