• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the halloween event. Seems like a lot of thought was put into it to make it exciting and not be reliant on the same strats. Even though I still dislike them not letting you buy what you want and relying on random packs, it's way better being able to buy packs with renown. Was able to get a handful from what I had saved up and got the headgears I wanted and a good uniform.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1b5mvpat7jv31.png

God dammit Ubi, between this and the Ela one I'm buying more R6 credits aren't I

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
you got some leaks for Y4S4?
next week we'll get the reveal of the kenyan and indian operator.
Any information on the Y4 S4 operators and their loadouts?

Here's what he sent me. Spoilers for upcoming ops and a ton of info on random things

The Indian attacker has a grenade launcher that fires a device which charges up and destroys gadgets around it. Also she has a bolt action rifle.

The Kenyan defender has a device that sucks in a grenade at a time and triggers them. Jager's competition! No idea about loadouts though I believe he's a 1 speed op.

Year 5 will have some interesting ops. Anyone ever watch the commercials with the Kool-Aid man?
Also heard something about a medic drone operator and akimbo dude that might be in the works, but can't actually 100% confirm these since they're not on the board. Lots of stuff got shelved over the years over engine issues and impracticability, for example we had a shield with a stun in mind that would throw back people but with the way shields are we felt it was wise to not pursue it atm. Flamethrowers, light beams, and other wilder ideas are held back by the engine for now...

New stuff as well for rest of the ops. An alarm gadget for defenders and a small thermite charge for attackers. Tachanka rework is coming soon, he'll no longer need his turret and has a new interesting play ;) Finka is being looked at being turned into a proper medic down the line. Half reinforcement walls are being studied, but not a sure thing.

I believe after Ela and Cav Elites is Buck? Remember, elites are decided by how many people plays those operators.

btw we're aware of client side debris. internally there's still a debate over whether to just instantly delete debris or develop a solution that looks nicer so it's somehow be synced properly. This problem also has held back the replay mode because it'll look horribly off. The server interpretation isn't always ideal. Also looking at the lighting and camo because of competitive and R6 Quarantine.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Here's what he sent me. Spoilers for upcoming ops and a ton of info on random things

The Indian attacker has a grenade launcher that fires a device which charges up and destroys gadgets around it. Also she has a bolt action rifle.

The Kenyan defender has a device that sucks in a grenade at a time and triggers them. Jager's competition! No idea about loadouts though I believe he's a 1 speed op.

Year 5 will have some interesting ops. Anyone ever watch the commercials with the Kool-Aid man?
Also heard something about a medic drone operator and akimbo dude that might be in the works, but can't actually 100% confirm these since they're not on the board. Lots of stuff got shelved over the years over engine issues and impracticability, for example we had a shield with a stun in mind that would throw back people but with the way shields are we felt it was wise to not pursue it atm. Flamethrowers, light beams, and other wilder ideas are held back by the engine for now...

New stuff as well for rest of the ops. An alarm gadget for defenders and a small thermite charge for attackers. Tachanka rework is coming soon, he'll no longer need his turret and has a new interesting play ;) Finka is being looked at being turned into a proper medic down the line. Half reinforcement walls are being studied, but not a sure thing.

I believe after Ela and Cav Elites is Buck? Remember, elites are decided by how many people plays those operators.

btw we're aware of client side debris. internally there's still a debate over whether to just instantly delete debris or develop a solution that looks nicer so it's somehow be synced properly. This problem also has held back the replay mode because it'll look horribly off. The server interpretation isn't always ideal. Also looking at the lighting and camo because of competitive and R6 Quarantine.
WOW! Thank you so much for so much information and for nagging your buddy for information. It was definitely worth the wait and the pondering about the "Jäger competition" operator comment! Keep up the great work.

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019

This is Fantastic! I'm pretty sad that the attacker would be a female again, i was hoping for a male attacker. But this season is going to be great, thank u so much for the leaks u got! Btw do you maybe got some information wich country Y5S1 operators are from? I probably think it's going to be Greece.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
So I just searched for a ranked game, matchmaking took maybe 3-4 minutes so I cancelled it. I'm sitting at the main screen, NOT searching for a game and I turn to go on my PC and do some emails. I turn back maybe 5 minutes later or so and I have an abandon penalty notification on my screen! WHAT?! This is the first time this has happened to me.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Are people cheating at the Halloween mode? I was running from a Pulse, used nightstride and took several turns and loop arounds and he went to exactly where I was and killed me. He was running and was not using his gadget (otherwise he wouldnt have been able to keep up with me, plus the replay showed no gadget).

It feels like some people get kills super easily and I'm beginning to wonder if they're cheating.

BTW, the event mode suuuuucks. I'll swing at someone right in front of me and get no hit, but I've been hit from what looks like ten feet away. It's such garbage.

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got talked into checking this game out but torn on which platform to pick this up on. I've bee curious about this game for some time. I was a big fan of R6 Vegas titles on Xbox 360. Some of my friends said console since the PC version has a lot of hackers apparently. Any suggestions which version? Which platform? Too late to start the game?

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got talked into checking this game out but torn on which platform to pick this up on. I've bee curious about this game for some time. I was a big fan of R6 Vegas titles on Xbox 360. Some of my friends said console since the PC version has a lot of hackers apparently. Any suggestions which version? Which platform? Too late to start the game?

I would definitely go PC. I played on PS4 for years and switched to PC a little while back and it's hard to go back. The precision you get with mouse and keyboard just doesn't compare and this game really benefits from it. And the fact you can lean without aiming on PC is a nice added bonus.

But the console versions still run well and are fine, so where ever you feel the most comfortable and are most likely to dedicate time to is safe.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't come across any hackers on PC and I've been playing for a year.

I wouldn't recommend PS4 unless you already have friends on it. Apparently there's a huge problem with people using KB/M on consoles.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

So these sound like Thatcher/Jaeger alternatives.

What exactly does the Indian Operator do differently here? Seems like it is less useful since it needs line of sight to fire in the launcher.

And what does it mean it sucks up grenades and activates them?

Mini-thermites sound interesting in reducing the necessity for a hard breacher, but it sounds like a problem of invalidating Maestro

It's unfortunate to hear about the engine limitations. I do hope they can move on to a new engine but with how slow and broken this game has been throughout the years, I cant imagine how painful it would be to start new for the devs

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019
Does anybody know when the teasers of Y4S4 probably will come? I know we have a lot of new leaks, but i kinda want to see how the operator looks like and the gadget.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of a game today I caught that one guy on my team was streaming. He had a couple compliments in text chat so I wanted to see what it looked like on his end. I went 8 and 1 that game and watching his replay had him and his buddy going off on my good performance. Felt damn good.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Why the fuck is Favela back? This piece of shit map is the absolute fucking worst. And the thing that's irritating is that it seems to be at least for me a higher chance of getting it compared to other maps. I can't tell you how many times I've played on this shit compared to plane which I've only played once.

Edit: and it's ALWAYS bomb. FFS.

Mouche23

Oct 30, 2019

Looks really cool, I love this style of teasers with Mira

Thanks for the infos. Did your friend confirm that the leaked Cav elite with the crop top is real ? I hope it's coming soon. I spoke to a famous french youtuber who allegedly played the new operation, he told me that he saw 2 elites but not Cav, I hope he's wrong.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
I asked a week ago and I was sent this :)

Who I presume is Wamai.

ym3ATMo.png
Wow! I just saw the gadget trailer that was accidentally released early and you were spot on again. Thanks for all the updates throughout year 4 of siege and its future. Can't wait to see what information you give us in the future. :)

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the sniper's biometric lock has a gameplay reason. Maybe it will have an animation at the start of the round. Perhaps a thumbprint scan.