• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
not in love with the theme park rework visually, I loved the haunted house section, but overall looks like a sick season

Mouche23

Oct 30, 2019
I loved the haunted house too. I wish they kept Doktor's Curse props like the coffins and stuff like that

I hope Cav vill be fully leaked tomorrow. Obutu3 posted a screenshot with the name of the elite, it's "Mata Leao".

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
at least theme park isn't dark af anymore... I like that we have a thatcher/hibana hybrid now, but like Amaru, feels like another fun/powerful operator that won't really be picked at all in ranked, unless people go crazy cqc with the machine pistol.

Also what is with Ubi not putting any doors in their map reworks? So annoying, makes attacking even more predictable than usual

Last edited:

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game and have been out of the loop for a while, but has there ever been any talk of introducing some kind of cross-save progression. I have pieces of the game spread out on three different platforms, it would be really nice to buy a skin and have it on all three.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the lack of doors either. Waiting room on Outback should have a door instead of a window. It makes map sense and architectural sense.

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game and have been out of the loop for a while, but has there ever been any talk of introducing some kind of cross-save progression. I have pieces of the game spread out on three different platforms, it would be really nice to buy a skin and have it on all three.
I would really like to know this as well, especially if they're upgrading it for next generation. There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have a tied to your account through Ubisoft as a whole.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man when are they reworking operators like Castle, Glaz, and Tachanka.

Castle gets yet another counter to him with Kali. Literally everything fucks with his barricades.

Still think he should have a metal netting over the barricades that allows him to electrify them at least. Grenades shouldn't destroy them either. Acceptable tradeoff is extending the barricades to the floor. It blocks out drones but also disallows defenders from shooting feet of operators who place breaching charges.

No idea what they can do with Glaz. I always felt that the map should've had strategically placed windows only Glaz could shoot through like in Plane, but it'd be too complicated to add that now.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know, these new operators kind of feel creatively bankrupt on top of being overpowered.

The game also looks so dated and stiff now after playing Modern Warfare, especially the weapon animations. It's time for a sequel I say.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Don't know, these new operators kind of feel creatively bankrupt on top of being overpowered.

The game also looks so dated and stiff now after playing Modern Warfare, especially the weapon animations. It's time for a sequel I say.

Oh, not this shit again.

"Hey guys, remember when Amaru was gonna be OP? I sure as hell don't"

Kali's gadget can't even make a big hole in reinforced walls, so I don't how she's gonna be OP.

I swear, if some of the og Operators like Fuze, Pulse, or Thatcher were released today, a lot of the players would cry about how OP they are.

Best to see the impressions on Test Servers before making final judgements

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Castle is pretty good because no one runs breach charges. His biggest liability is that he requires a really smart team (lol) and in a game where fire rate is everything, the UMP sucks. And obviously he is a must-pick on a handful of important sites (Bedroom/Gym on Club House, Office on Skyscraper, etc.)

Also you can't place a breach charge on a castle door without taking a ton of feet damage if it's at a chokepoint. Really it's just the gun (and the fact that he's a 2 speed).

I mean, no one ever says Cav is useless even though she's probably tied with pre-buff Warden as the worst non-Tachanka defender in the game. Because she's fun

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People undervalue castle hard because the other team can destroy the barricades, without realizing that making them waste things like frags or ash charges on barricades is REALLY GOOD. If you've got like a castle and a jager you've probably just wasted all of the other team's utility.

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019
unknown.png

Very interesting, im pretty sad that they're we'll be reused guns again for Year 5,
but I'm fine with that!

Last edited:

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with reusing weapons -- new weapons, while really fun (part of the reason why Mozzie and Gridlock are still good picks), only increase skill gap. But not sure we needed yet another MP5 op lol (which seems to be Ubi's go-to 'aw fuck it, we don't really want to bother balancing this operator' weapon)

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019
Yeah I'm pretty sure leaked audio files of the new battle pass has harry talking about going to Greece.
Well, Galanos is a sniper and she was seen working on the new scope of Glaz 2 years ago at the mid season reinforcements of Velvet Shell. Is it maybe that Galanos has a sniper as her gadget?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
After running around the new Theme Park a couple of times... I am not sold at all. The castle section is just kind of.. boring. The haunted house wasn't great... but reskinning and fixing the lighting would have done the trick just as well. I don't like what they did with arcade window and cafe stairs at all. The only change I noticed that I immediately liked was getting rid of the tiny stalls in bathroom, and the cheesy light that would give away anyone moving into drug storage from there. They did a pretty good job with Kanal but this feels more like the Hereford rework to me. Maybe after a few dozen actual rounds on it I'll feel differently, but first impression for me is very negative.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
After running around the new Theme Park a couple of times... I am not sold at all. The castle section is just kind of.. boring. The haunted house wasn't great... but reskinning and fixing the lighting would have done the trick just as well. I don't like what they did with arcade window and cafe stairs at all. The only change I noticed that I immediately liked was getting rid of the tiny stalls in bathroom, and the cheesy light that would give away anyone moving into drug storage from there. They did a pretty good job with Kanal but this feels more like the Hereford rework to me. Maybe after a few dozen actual rounds on it I'll feel differently, but first impression for me is very negative.
I'm 100% with you.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah it was way too dark and the train section was a disaster. But the fix should have been to delete it and start from scratch, not add more tiny box rooms.
Fuck that, train needed some work but the dark haunted house portions were great. Just brighten it up a tad if that's the issue. Now it's basically like a sun inside the damn map.

Theme Park was already great.

Smartie

Nov 12, 2019
Pretty sure that's fake. It sounds like fake ideas mixed with already leaked information. I wouldn't believe anyone except for Kormora on here.

The new Y5 operators are in fact codenamed "!!Rekall" and "!!Quarterback". I can't read the info on the reddit post, because it was deleted. But the names are correct.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
(ed: fyi shadowplay HATES my mic, sorry for volume)
My friends are assholes lol

Tho to be fair...

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I have ~550 hours or so in Siege and finally played a full set of 10 placement matches for ranked, solo queue. I ended up in Bronze I. Previously I had played casual with a friend of mine who's much, much better at Siege than me and I'd be dead 90% of the time during matches. Not gonna lie, I feel like shit because I'm still so bad at the game after literally years.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they break the netcode, peeker's advantage feels multiplied several factors......
I'm on their screen for a solid second and of course they kill me before I even see them.