• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Last edited:

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019
I asked a week ago and I was sent this :)

Who I presume is Wamai.

ym3ATMo.png
i found something interesting, is this real?

Twookie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad wamai has a good weapon but goddamn how I hate how obtrusive the aug is, like almost a third of the screen is obstructed by that thing

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
How could anyone think a faster/higher-jumping/invisible/X-RAY SCANNING(!) drone is real? An operator with a single one of those abilities on their drone would be enough. I think Chalet should stay as it is and move into Quick Play only. I find Skyscraper to be pretty fun as it is, but I understand the complaints. Interested in using the SEAL shotgun more already, so I think I'll do just that.

I was wondering if an Operator that could plant faster would be a good skill. Maybe too good?

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Wamai is such a great operator design. It's honestly surprising how well thought out he is. They knew they needed another anti-throwable but it would be redundant just making another Jager. The way he is makes it so you can use his gadget in a reactionary way and counter the enemy, instead of just placing down your ADS during prep phase then roaming to frag out. I also like that he is rewarded for staying alive and becoming more useful as the round goes on similar to lesion. Just really well thought out.

Year 4 Operators on a whole have been really good I think. The standout season was Australians with Mozzie and Gridlock being great. I think Nook and Warden were clearly the weakest but I still think they are good overall, especially now that you see more people making Nook plays and Warden has been moved to 2 speed. I'm ok with operators like Amaru and Nook being somewhat underpowered and brought out very situationally to make surprise plays, and I appreciate that their gadgets are hard to use effectively so it's more impressive when you see it pulled off.

Here's hoping to a good Year 5.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've been playing for the past 30 minutes trying to get the gratitude challenge done. I have not been able to get it because I keep fucking late joining games in the losing team in match point. To make things worse, there have been two games where my team is winning, and out of nowhere they start team killing and throw the match. This challenge is going to be impossible right? Christ. The toxicity in this game is beyond ridiculous.

I haven't won a single match. :/

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing for the past 30 minutes trying to get the gratitude challenge done. I have not been able to get it because I keep fucking late joining games in the losing team in match point. To make things worse, there have been two games where my team is winning, and out of nowhere they start team killing and throw the match. This challenge is going to be impossible right? Christ. The toxicity in this game is beyond ridiculous.

Free weekend is always awful. Ran into multiple blatant hackers on new accounts as well, that just don't give a fuck. Anything sub level 50ish you can almost guarantee is trash in one way or another on weekends like this.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017

casual? Unranked? Ranked?
Can't wait for the new season. The 1,000 mmr difference between parties is a little tough. Its split up my group because some of us keep playing solo and lose rankings after the squad disbands.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
casual? Unranked? Ranked?
Can't wait for the new season. The 1,000 mmr difference between parties is a little tough. Its split up my group because some of us keep playing solo and lose rankings after the squad disbands.
Casual. It's my main mode. I only play ranked for the season charm and after that I never touch it as I do not enjoy the mode. I know, I know, you should expect this in casual, but some of the shit that happens is not punished by Ubisoft whatsoever. Even reversed friendly fire is exploitable by parties.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Small anecdote: so I haven't touched Siege since the beginning of this year, but I played for about two years (w/over 2k hrs)—and I acquired my first job in retail this September, and as you should imagine I've faced some ridiculous customers and situations from that time to now and through Black Friday and all that fun stuff. No one and nothing has been as difficult to work with as all the random people I met on Xbox Live playing ranked Siege.

Moral of the story: if you're afraid of working a customer-facing job (as I was), play an online competitive mode and try communicating with your teammates. Nothing prepares you more as far I'm concerned. If (on overtime match point) you can describe where gadgets and walls need to be placed to salty assdrips dropping slurs around and you can call out tango locations while there's a baby crying and/or possible domestic violence over someone's mic, you can probably solve or at least de-escalate something frustrating in retail.

Who says gaming doesn't enrich you?

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
They should have Siege on the new consoles at launch. I'm sure that would help boost the numbers a lot.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Apparently Ubi is planning to remove All chat from everything but Custom Matches.

vasynbui2u241.jpg

We already have mute features. This is not the answer :(

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I don't have a problem with this honestly. I tend to mute the enemy team anyway. I hardly ever find useful stuff coming from all chat.
They're not doing it anymore. it was a terrible decision to do it in the first place. There is a lot of toxicity but this is not something that should be done.

Oct 26, 2017
So I was queuing with randoms and went up against a team with Merc and Beaulo, and we pulled out the overtime win*

*in COD 2v2 Gunfight**

**Beaulo called me a rat, lmao

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Here's what he sent me. Spoilers for upcoming ops and a ton of info on random things

The Indian attacker has a grenade launcher that fires a device which charges up and destroys gadgets around it. Also she has a bolt action rifle.

The Kenyan defender has a device that sucks in a grenade at a time and triggers them. Jager's competition! No idea about loadouts though I believe he's a 1 speed op.

Year 5 will have some interesting ops. Anyone ever watch the commercials with the Kool-Aid man?
Also heard something about a medic drone operator and akimbo dude that might be in the works, but can't actually 100% confirm these since they're not on the board. Lots of stuff got shelved over the years over engine issues and impracticability, for example we had a shield with a stun in mind that would throw back people but with the way shields are we felt it was wise to not pursue it atm. Flamethrowers, light beams, and other wilder ideas are held back by the engine for now...

New stuff as well for rest of the ops. An alarm gadget for defenders and a small thermite charge for attackers. Tachanka rework is coming soon, he'll no longer need his turret and has a new interesting play ;) Finka is being looked at being turned into a proper medic down the line. Half reinforcement walls are being studied, but not a sure thing.

I believe after Ela and Cav Elites is Buck? Remember, elites are decided by how many people plays those operators.

btw we're aware of client side debris. internally there's still a debate over whether to just instantly delete debris or develop a solution that looks nicer so it's somehow be synced properly. This problem also has held back the replay mode because it'll look horribly off. The server interpretation isn't always ideal. Also looking at the lighting and camo because of competitive and R6 Quarantine.
Any new information your buddy gave you for Y5 S1? I know the weapons already got leaked from the Test Server but I would love to know the gadgets they'll have. Also any information about the battle pass would be cool.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
What's the consensus/thoughts on the new update?

Warden/Glaz better?

Jackal nerf good?

Kali good/useful alternative to Thatcher?

Wamai seems obviously good.

People like new Theme Park?

Did people like the new Kanal too? I missed last season. And what's next? What map is being updated? Which ops are getting tweaked?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kanal upgrade was good. I'm not sold on Theme Park. I really liked old theme park though. For me, the brightness is more annoying than the map changes.

I mean, worst case, it's still WAY better than Hereford, I just never bought the notion that it needed a redesign to begin with, as a map in a vacuum it seems totally fine.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I never see anyone using Kali's gadget. It's not good enough to replace Thatcher (like Kaid/Bandit) because it can't counter tricking, but it's a good supplement.

I don't like Theme Park at all. I get that run-outs and peeks and all that make the game (a little bit) inaccessible to new people, but the indoor/outdoor play is so much more interesting than maps that are impossible to enter and/or navigate (i.e. defender-sided). Pretty sure Villa/New Hereford/Outback and now Theme Park are all crazy defender-sided.