• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious but does anyone here play Siege on PS4 Pro? I've notice my fan getting louder with Siege and I noticed it at the start of Y4S2 I think, when they made big changes to the main menu. Now when I load up Siege my fan immediately goes into overdrive while in the main menu but cools down if I go to the operator selection screen. Literally as soon as I switch from the operator screen to main menu my fan gets going instantly that I genuinely get concerned that my PS4 is about to burst into flames or something! At the moment I've been reluctant to play Siege because of it.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

PHUM3co.gif

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Outback is legitimately the best map they've made in the last 2 years, I know everyone in my playgroup feels that way.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Outback, but from what I understand, other player's complaint is that taking top floor from either direction funnels through games room, and just through the door if the wall is reinforced. Not a lot of people play from under with Buck or IQ which solves a lot of problems.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Odd that you say Outback as I find it one of the best maps of recent and thought most people feel the same?

I like Outback a lot, I think it (and Villa) are really good. But I'm fairly certain it's defender sided. Every entry point on the map is very vulnerable for attackers.

(where are the doors???)

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like Outback a lot, I think it (and Villa) are really good. But I'm fairly certain it's defender sided. Every entry point on the map is very vulnerable for attackers.

(where are the doors???)
I mean, to be fair, there are like 4 doors into Outback. and like 4 on Villa as well. That's roughly the same as coastline, for instance.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I swear I fucking hate ranked so much in this game. Only six more placement matches and I'll never have to touch it again this season. Hoping I get gold, but at the rate this is going, I'll be fucking lucky if I get silver.

Silver 2. Good enough for me for the season charm. Good bye shitty ranked for this season.

Last edited:

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would not have a season pass in year 5. It would separate people's expectations of getting a new map and operators each season from the game's progress. What a treat would a new engine with less bugs, clearer lighting and sound, and maybe acocunt merging so people can get their long lost skins when Xbox Series X launches at the end of next year.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

n68cxflx3g541.gif

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Nighthaven visors color depends on which team you're on? The bundle is blue, but some photos have orange. Mute and Fuze's headgear is too nondistinct for my tastes, but I like that it's not just a recolor.

MayoKing

Apr 25, 2019
I wonder if the Nighthaven visors color depends on which team you're on? The bundle is blue, but some photos have orange. Mute and Fuze's headgear is too nondistinct for my tastes, but I like that it's not just a recolor.
Hey! So from what I would assume, the orange ones will be part of the Y5 battle pass, they are named "Mission Blacksmith". Those were datamined to be available during Y5!

Battlepass{
Fridge.AUG.Battlepass_WS_IQ.MISSION_BLACKSMITH
Fridge.Fuze.Battlepass_HG_FUZE.MISSION_BLACKSMITH
Fridge.Ela.Battlepass_Ela_3.MISSION_BLACKSMITH
Fridge.Battlepass_Charm_IQ.BLACKSMITH IQ
Fridge.Battlepass_Chibi.BLACKSMITH_CHIBI
Fridge.Battlepass_Jackal_4.BLACKSMITH_JACKAL
Fridge.Rook.Battlepass_Uniform_Rook.MISSION_BLACKSMITH
Rook.Battlepass_HG_Rook.MISSION_BLACKSMITH
Mute.Battlepass_HG_Mute.MISSION_BLACKSMITH
Ela.Battlepass_Ela_4.MISSION_BATTLEPASS

}

As you could assume,
WS=Weapon Skin
HG=Headgear

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Here's what he sent me. Spoilers for upcoming ops and a ton of info on random things

The Indian attacker has a grenade launcher that fires a device which charges up and destroys gadgets around it. Also she has a bolt action rifle.

The Kenyan defender has a device that sucks in a grenade at a time and triggers them. Jager's competition! No idea about loadouts though I believe he's a 1 speed op.

Year 5 will have some interesting ops. Anyone ever watch the commercials with the Kool-Aid man?
Also heard something about a medic drone operator and akimbo dude that might be in the works, but can't actually 100% confirm these since they're not on the board. Lots of stuff got shelved over the years over engine issues and impracticability, for example we had a shield with a stun in mind that would throw back people but with the way shields are we felt it was wise to not pursue it atm. Flamethrowers, light beams, and other wilder ideas are held back by the engine for now...

New stuff as well for rest of the ops. An alarm gadget for defenders and a small thermite charge for attackers. Tachanka rework is coming soon, he'll no longer need his turret and has a new interesting play ;) Finka is being looked at being turned into a proper medic down the line. Half reinforcement walls are being studied, but not a sure thing.

I believe after Ela and Cav Elites is Buck? Remember, elites are decided by how many people plays those operators.

btw we're aware of client side debris. internally there's still a debate over whether to just instantly delete debris or develop a solution that looks nicer so it's somehow be synced properly. This problem also has held back the replay mode because it'll look horribly off. The server interpretation isn't always ideal. Also looking at the lighting and camo because of competitive and R6 Quarantine.
Hey, any chance you have any information on Siege for year 5 and maybe what the future holds for their new private military company lure "nighthaven?"

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I only have one operator to unlock and that's Clash. Guess I won't be claiming that pack. Fuck Clash.

SayonB12M

Feb 19, 2019
Here's what he sent me. Spoilers for upcoming ops and a ton of info on random things

The Indian attacker has a grenade launcher that fires a device which charges up and destroys gadgets around it. Also she has a bolt action rifle.

The Kenyan defender has a device that sucks in a grenade at a time and triggers them. Jager's competition! No idea about loadouts though I believe he's a 1 speed op.

Year 5 will have some interesting ops. Anyone ever watch the commercials with the Kool-Aid man?
Also heard something about a medic drone operator and akimbo dude that might be in the works, but can't actually 100% confirm these since they're not on the board. Lots of stuff got shelved over the years over engine issues and impracticability, for example we had a shield with a stun in mind that would throw back people but with the way shields are we felt it was wise to not pursue it atm. Flamethrowers, light beams, and other wilder ideas are held back by the engine for now...

New stuff as well for rest of the ops. An alarm gadget for defenders and a small thermite charge for attackers. Tachanka rework is coming soon, he'll no longer need his turret and has a new interesting play ;) Finka is being looked at being turned into a proper medic down the line. Half reinforcement walls are being studied, but not a sure thing.

I believe after Ela and Cav Elites is Buck? Remember, elites are decided by how many people plays those operators.

btw we're aware of client side debris. internally there's still a debate over whether to just instantly delete debris or develop a solution that looks nicer so it's somehow be synced properly. This problem also has held back the replay mode because it'll look horribly off. The server interpretation isn't always ideal. Also looking at the lighting and camo because of competitive and R6 Quarantine.
Hey Kormora, do you know when the year 5 pass is coming?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of even more gadgets for all ops

The game has managed to successfully stay fresh with genius additions like claymores and bulletproof cams and impact nades

Not sure how the mini thermite would work as it sounds more useful than Maverick

Its a shame the engine limitations are holding the potential back. Must be crazy work to make a new engine but i hope ubisoft can give siege the breathing room to do what they need to do

I remember thinking ubisoft would never support siege and here we are in year 5.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
They should take impact nades away from roamers and only give them to 3 armors who can help remodel the site with rotate holes or open angles for others, the fact that you have a bunch of 3 speeds with easy counters to the one anti-roam gadget (claymores) is stupid. Even so that claymores have those giant visible lasers while the defensive traps are mostly invisible or able to be placed in places that you can't see.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
They should take impact nades away from roamers and only give them to 3 armors who can help remodel the site with rotate holes or open angles for others, the fact that you have a bunch of 3 speeds with easy counters to the one anti-roam gadget (claymores) is stupid. Even so that claymores have those giant visible lasers while the defensive traps are mostly invisible or able to be placed in places that you can't see.
I agree with you.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So I logged in today to get my free character, which ended up being Warden, and he's exactly what I've been looking for from a defender. his abiliTy is a cool solo ability, his shotgun is super satisfying and he's Commissioner Gordon.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I read he wasn't popular, but I'm having fun.
Obviously I'm only speaKing for casual matches here, but being able to just sit in a smoke grenade and shoot whatever moron who threw it and decides to waddle through whilst killing them in two shots at the most is satisfying.
No waiting on dumb teammates and having to babysit them as Doc, no having to think of anything other than pointing and clicking, and having zero responsibility on my team is a good feeling.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Doc is actually the most obnoxiously selfish operator in the game lol

But it's good that you don't play him that way.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
On the fence If I should jump on the base game at $10 on PS4 or go to Gold at $24 just for more characters. Recommendation?