• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the fence If I should jump on the base game at $10 on PS4 or go to Gold at $24 just for more characters. Recommendation?
If you knwo you'll be playing it, the gold is very worth it. That's got an extra 16 ops (including the newest and thus most expensive), while also not causing you to spend renown on the base ops either. All told it saves you a few hundred thousand renown in unlocking characters.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Doc is actually the most obnoxiously selfish operator in the game lol

But it's good that you don't play him that way.

I realised that from all the Docs I've had on my team who either go roam by themselves and die, or who just stand by our team, watch us die, then try to 1v5 the enemy team because they can heal themselves.

I love playing healer/support, but as someone who only plays this super casually and with randoms, getting a coordinated defense team where I'm actually able to reliably support and heal my team is a statistical impossibility. But of course it's my fault because I wasn't simultaneously healing the player roaming outside, the one camping the bomb, and the two wandering around the map.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Here's what he sent me. Spoilers for upcoming ops and a ton of info on random things

The Indian attacker has a grenade launcher that fires a device which charges up and destroys gadgets around it. Also she has a bolt action rifle.

The Kenyan defender has a device that sucks in a grenade at a time and triggers them. Jager's competition! No idea about loadouts though I believe he's a 1 speed op.

Year 5 will have some interesting ops. Anyone ever watch the commercials with the Kool-Aid man?
Also heard something about a medic drone operator and akimbo dude that might be in the works, but can't actually 100% confirm these since they're not on the board. Lots of stuff got shelved over the years over engine issues and impracticability, for example we had a shield with a stun in mind that would throw back people but with the way shields are we felt it was wise to not pursue it atm. Flamethrowers, light beams, and other wilder ideas are held back by the engine for now...

New stuff as well for rest of the ops. An alarm gadget for defenders and a small thermite charge for attackers. Tachanka rework is coming soon, he'll no longer need his turret and has a new interesting play ;) Finka is being looked at being turned into a proper medic down the line. Half reinforcement walls are being studied, but not a sure thing.

I believe after Ela and Cav Elites is Buck? Remember, elites are decided by how many people plays those operators.

btw we're aware of client side debris. internally there's still a debate over whether to just instantly delete debris or develop a solution that looks nicer so it's somehow be synced properly. This problem also has held back the replay mode because it'll look horribly off. The server interpretation isn't always ideal. Also looking at the lighting and camo because of competitive and R6 Quarantine.
Any Y5 S1 leaks or info?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any Y5 S1 leaks or info?
This isn't at you specifically, but all the no-avatar posters with like single or double digit post counts that come in here and ask this EVERY SINGLE WEEK: Shit will get posted when it gets posted.

It's like Reddit just decides that coming and asking will get magic leaks.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
User Warned - Thread Derailment & hostility to community
This isn't at you specifically, but all the no-avatar posters with like single or double digit post counts that come in here and ask this EVERY SINGLE WEEK: Shit will get posted when it gets posted.

Dude mind your business and don't tell me what to do, I been here asking long before the Reddit purge. And I'll keep asking as much as I like, the leaks on this website are the only thing good on here, everything else is reposted nonsense that everyone already seen. And if we don't ask for leaks nothing comes out cause people like you like to wait and wait for leaks to "magically" appear.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017

I find it annoying too. You can just click ignore on their profile, that's what I did.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Last year this time, YEAR 4 MAP was revealed with the price and ability to buy it too.

That hasn't happened yet and it is Jan 9th already.

I hope we hear something about YEAR 5 very very soon.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
For the past weeks I was having nothing but a horrible time with this game. See, my main mode is casual which is quick match now and the amount of late joins, awful team mates, smurfs, trolls, and squads of champions/plats was getting to me. Tonight was a completely different experience because the matches were actually balanced and hardly any trolls. Plus, cool non toxic people on mic! When people aren't being complete assholes/toxic, this game is amazing. I still love it, but wish the experience for a solo player was better.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
For the past weeks I was having nothing but a horrible time with this game. See, my main mode is casual which is quick match now and the amount of late joins, awful team mates, smurfs, trolls, and squads of champions/plats was getting to me. Tonight was a completely different experience because the matches were actually balanced and hardly any trolls. Plus, cool non toxic people on mic! When people aren't being complete assholes/toxic, this game is amazing. I still love it, but wish the experience for a solo player was better.

Why quick match? If you're levelled up you should just play ranked. I find unranked is still full of toxicity. This past season I solo-queued to Plat. I definitely met some obnoxious scrubs along the way that tried to drag the team down but the good ones far outweighed them.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Why quick match? If you're levelled up you should just play ranked. I find unranked is still full of toxicity. This past season I solo-queued to Plat. I definitely met some obnoxious scrubs along the way that tried to drag the team down but the good ones far outweighed them.
Because I get more frustrated playing ranked. The only reason why I play ranked is to get the charm at the end of the season. Those placement matches frustrated me more than the trolls in quick match. Plus, I dislike the banning system. I get why it's there, but meh. Quick match is perfect for dropping in for a few games instantly without having to worry about losing rank, having an operator I want to play get banned, etc.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
All my Siege buddies got together for some 5v5 custom games for funsies. We were doing a round with sidearms only and with everybody at 200 health and my man Kelby went absolutely fucking apeshit and I have to share this with somebody...

that last bullet headshot thru the railing, unbelievable...

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be really dope if you select Tachanka after the rework with a specific button you get the original version like Urien ripping off his clothes on Street Fighter.

Oct 27, 2017
With new consoles releasing at the end of the year, I was wondering if maybe Season 3 (Sept - Dec) would be an Operation Health-type season? It would allow them the freedom to launch the game on new hardware without having to worry about releasing and fixing new content. With work (most likely) already underway with in-game upgrades like pixel count and frame rate, and back-end updates like cross-save/progression*, I'd imagine they'd want a "relaxed" few months without worrying about a new Operator breaking the game.

Probably wrong on that, but it's where my mind went to when I saw they were only releasing six Operators.

Speaking of cross-save, have there been any updates on this? I remember an interview Alexandre Remy did a few seasons back talking about making the transition to next-gen consoles be as painless as possible for the players, and Yves Guillemot just the other month talking about how they want cross-play in all of their PvP titles and that work on this is "well underway". I hope Ubisoft (and all developers) understand that there are going to be people who switch from PS to Xbox and vice versa (my friends and I are definitely going from PS4 to Xbox SX) and that it would be fucking shit for us to lose our progress.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well got up to 21 on the bp tonight. accidentally bought the premiere version, but I appreciate that finishing this pass feels realistic unlike most games. It doesn't quite pay for itself - even with the SP you're out 40 R6 credits, but to me that's FAR nicer than 'oh it pays for itself and then some!' but you literally won't even get 75% through it unless you poopsock your ass off like every other game.

I played for about 5 hours and got 8 levels, that's like a quarter of the total, and didn't even get 3 of the 4 challenges done of course. It's NOT going to be hard to get this thing done.

Why the heck is the operator roster jumbled in the new map mode wtf
Because the ones with special outfits for the mode are moved to the bottom. that's the only difference.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
The new event is pretty fun! I hope the map isn't just used solely for the event though. I dislike that nowadays we get less new maps for the actual game but stuff like the Showdown map which is made for smaller modes and temporary. Stadium is fun because it's like a mashup of a bunch of different map's areas but the way they connect can really mess with your brain from your past map knowledge. Also weird seeing areas from Old Hereford again.

I'm not that razzled about only getting 6 Ops this year, if it's true that 2 are getting significant reworks. Chanka obviously needs it but I wouldn't have chosen finka for the other, she's boring but 'fine'. I'm still waiting for that Castle rework they said they were working toward like two years ago.

Sophie

Oct 28, 2017
Just went back to this game again.

If anyone wanna play sometime, hit me up. My username is Soph_TV

I'm EU, so prefer if you are, or at least let me host us on EU because my internet is too bad to handle the NA servers latency-wise. :[

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

www.ubisoft.com

Top Issues and Community Concerns

We will be updating the following list regularly to outline the status of certain issues that are currently pressing for our community.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
Last year this time, YEAR 4 MAP was revealed with the price and ability to buy it too.

That hasn't happened yet and it is Jan 9th already.

I hope we hear something about YEAR 5 very very soon.

You're partly right. The Year 4 pass was available to purchase but the Year 4 Roadmap wasn't revealed until the Six Invitational, but I'm sure some details leaked beforehand.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys doing with the battle pass? I haven't purchased it yet, but I'm level 14 on it. Not too bad when there's like 28 days left IMO.
It's honestly the best battle pass I've experienced in gaming. You don't earn more than you put into it, or even all of it back, unlike some, but it's EXTREMELY feasible to finish it, even playing fairly casually, which is a big plus compared to most, and the rewards are at least decent. Hell, the guaranteed legendary alpha packs alone are crazy good to me.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
It's honestly the best battle pass I've experienced in gaming. You don't earn more than you put into it, or even all of it back, unlike some, but it's EXTREMELY feasible to finish it, even playing fairly casually, which is a big plus compared to most, and the rewards are at least decent. Hell, the guaranteed legendary alpha packs alone are crazy good to me.
I share the same sentiment as you lol. It's definitely doable to finish it during the time period they give you. Dedicated players will easily finish it within a week, but casual players also have a chance to finish it. The challenges for extra progression are also very fair and easily achievable through normal gameplay that won't hinder the experience for everyone else. It's definitely a breath of fresh air compared to Dead by Daylight's battle pass.

DL Clyde

Oct 25, 2017
I'm unfamiliar with battle passes since I don't play many games online. I do play Rocket League but only casually and never paid any attention to the battle pass but with Siege I feel like I'm blazing through with no pressure to complete it before the time runs out. Think I'm on tier 22 simply from mostly playing ranked because I want to.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I don't know why Pengu and team let their org replace their mice with sponsored equipment. The wireless Logitech mice obviously isn't working out for them. I hope they got a lot of money because they've pretty much screwed their standing in the Pro League.

Before anyone says anything, it has to be the mice. You don't go from hero to zero without something significant happening and I definitely think this was it.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why Pengu and team let their org replace their mice with sponsored equipment. The wireless Logitech mice obviously isn't working out for them. I hope they got a lot of money because they've pretty much screwed their standing in the Pro League.

Before anyone says anything, it has to be the mice. You don't go from hero to zero without something significant happening and I definitely think this was it.
What did I miss? I'm away at school and haven't been playing or keeping in touch. Any specific video to watch?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Seems kind of scummy that the Battle Pass doesn't give you enough credits to buy the next BP when the BPs of every other AAA game does.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
WTF at this Pizza Party Mozzie skin from Twitch Prime. The Twitch (operator) skin is awesome, though!

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Seems kind of scummy that the Battle Pass doesn't give you enough credits to buy the next BP when the BPs of every other AAA game does.

I've stopped buying anything from Ubi. Every design decision they make is based off of maximizing how much money they can get out of players. I get that they're a business.. but it's blatantly obvious with them.