• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just got into this off the recent sale and wow I really like this game. Learning a lot through the newcomer Playlist (apart from when smurfs show up) already had some really great games and added a few people who use mics, gonna be intimidated by the normal Playlist for a while but that's probably best for everyone involved.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got into this off the recent sale and wow I really like this game. Learning a lot through the newcomer Playlist (apart from when smurfs show up) already had some really great games and added a few people who use mics, gonna be intimidated by the normal Playlist for a while but that's probably best for everyone involved.
Can always play with era folks if you want some relatively non-toxic games as well. Welcome!

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone banning Clash? She's not that good...

None of the ops that I've seen get regularly banned are that "good" (people don't ban Ash/twitch/etc. because they like to play them too much lol) just annoying.

Similarly, sometimes you'll see a hard breacher get banned by the defense-fist side, but it cuts both ways.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm tempted to try Siege out but I've heard they the community is less than kind to new players. What should I expect going in?
It's not just new players. The community in general can be very very awful. It's a pungent distillation of a lot of the worst stereotypes of gamer culture. Siege is literally one of my favorite game of all time, but I would NOT recommend it to someone unless you have a pack of dorks willing to take the plunge with you. At least 2 friends so you outnumber the amount of pub players on your team is almost mandatory. Once you (or you + 1 friend) get in a game where you're outnumbered you open yourself up to being treated pretty badly.

There are definitely games with nice folks in them, especially once you get into ranked games, but they are sadly less uncommon than people just being straight toxic a dudebro-y.

It can be a pretty daunting game to learn, so if you can get in with some people that have some experience with the game they can hand hold you a bit until you start gaining some map knowledge (which I'm still doing after 4 months)

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
I suspect those guns are actually not placeholders. Warden is using an MPX in the teaser.

NSHXLg4.png
Any new leaks for Y4 S3? I remember you saying the attacker can go up hatches from below.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Any new leaks for Y4 S3? I remember you saying the attacker can go up hatches from below.

Yeah he sent me this, basically what everyone guessed was on the money. He claims he has names but isn't dropping them to me yet.

Here's the Year 4 S2 operator abilities for anyone curious.

----- Attacker can use a grappling hook to go up hatches. Everyone pretty much knows this one at this point. And its usable on windows too obviously.

----- Defender has a special deployable shield that has a canister on it that drops fire around it when it gets broken

- We know season 1 is lacking in stuff but engine limitations are annoying to work around and it's more crippling than it has been talked about in public. We're also going to try to deliver a fun mid-season event to you guys and already seen some correct guesses on the web about what themed event it is because of skin leaks.

EDIT: oops mean S3 duh. I'm tired.

Last edited:

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah he sent me this, basically what everyone guessed was on the money. He claims he has names but isn't dropping them to me yet.

----- Attacker can use a grappling hook to go up hatches. Everyone pretty much knows this one at this point. And its usable on windows too obviously.

----- Defender has a special deployable shield that has a canister on it that drops fire around it when it gets broken

- We know season 1 is lacking in stuff but engine limitations are annoying to work around and it's more crippling than it has been talked about in public. We're also going to try to deliver a fun mid-season event to you guys and already seen some correct guesses on the web about what themed event it is because of skin leaks.
Wow okay thank you so much! Would you know by chance what weapons they may have? I hope they're not reused.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018

Would your friend also know anything about Y4 S4 operators yet or is it still too early in development? Thanks in advance.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Wonder since they are totally redoing the shield, the glitches they are having now won't exists since it's brand new.

who am I kidding of course there will be

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of God Ubi, reboot the game. Sequel. New engine. Please.

eh, I can see why they're hesitant about killing the golden goose... I almost think they'd be better off with a complete relaunch as opposed to a new game (which would potentially split the player base). But considering the state the game launched in, and how differently it plays now, Siege is getting a little long in the tooth and probably has some tech debt issues to work through.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I honestly think they're being shortsighted by not committing to a sequel/overhaul. It's clear that not even half way through it's purported 10-year support plan, the game is just buckling under constraints that simply can't be patched away.

I really think that the obvious technical hurdles are stifling the team's ability to innovate, make rapid changes, and maintain quality of life that a 'Game as a Service' needs to stay competitive and relevant. My friends and I have sadly moved onto other titles because Siege has started to feel a bit stale, predictable and played-out. A new title would solve this.

If they want to have Siege drawing attention for the next 6-odd years, thoroughly into a next generation where Siege's already problematic limitations are hindering it, they're going to get truly left behind with new and more polished experiences while the game languishes and tries to cling to it's unexpected popularity.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I was cleaning out daily challenge T-hunts the other day and played this round that actually blew my mind while it was happening. I've never been in a T-hunt mission that felt this sweaty, we like all ran in together and watched each other's backs. I literally couldn't believe what was happening. The end result looks like fake'd gameplay footage for an E3 demo lol

And here's a quick, obligatory "I'm bad at Siege and should just uninstall tbh" clip for you guys to laugh at

Just a head's up, I'm quite loud in that one so careful headphone users. I wish I knew how to make me not sound like garbage via shadowplay

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Finding this new ranked system really bad as a solo :(
I like the new pick and ban system, yet I feel it is just being used, for players who don't want to play against certain operators rather than a strategy depending on the map location.

Also, this is my first season playing ranked. I spent my entire team in burnt horizon learning ops and maps.

Wow, solo queuing in ranked is a true crapshoot. My first couple of matches were pretty good lots of communication in hindsight I should have kept playing with those players. I was thinking this would be the experience across the board. Nope

Nov 18, 2017
The matchmaking should be a lot more sophisticated.

Solo queuers with mics attached should be grouped together.
People who have been banned or who have a toxic report record should be grouped together.
I think they should introduce badges next to names as a quick reference reputation system.
These can be awarded by team mates at the end of a match, but they're only positive. Eg. Good shot, callouts, anchor, defense, roaming etc.
Players can only award one badge per match.
A player needs to be awarded a badge 30 times by different players in order for that badge to display. Top 3 highest awarded badges are shown.
A negative badge is only awarded by Ubi for repeated toxicity offenses and remains permanently displayed.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017

People who have been banned or who have a toxic report record should be grouped together.
I think they should introduce badges next to names as a quick reference reputation system.
These can be awarded by team mates at the end of round, but they're only positive. Eg. Good shot, callouts, anchor, defense, roaming etc.
A negative badge is only awarded by Ubi for repeated toxicity offenses.
Not bad...I like it

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

These can be awarded by team mates at the end of a match, but they're only positive. Eg. Good shot, callouts, anchor, defense, roaming etc.
Players can only award one badge per match.
A player needs to be awarded a badge 30 times by different players in order for that badge to display. Top 3 highest awarded badges are shown.
A negative badge is only awarded by Ubi for repeated toxicity offenses and remains permanently displayed.
I could get with all this, probably too much for them to bother to do, but I'd like it.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
This new rank season has been fucking brutal. God. It's been the worst season for me as a solo player so far. The amount of fucking new players on my team is driving me insane. Matchmaking is completely screwed.

Also, they might as well remove the banning voting option because the same operators are banned every single match.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This new rank season has been fucking brutal. God. It's been the worst season for me as a solo player so far. The amount of fucking new players on my team is driving me insane. Matchmaking is completely screwed.

Also, they might as well remove the banning voting option because the same operators are banned every single match.
Disagree on banning, I love it, but yeah it feels IMPOSSIBLE to get a team that doesn't have at least one player with literally 0 idea what they're doing, this has been the most random and awful feeling season for me ever in terms of matchmaking.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018

Does your Ubi friend have any screenshots of anything? And does he know if the guns will be recycled again or will they be new?

Edit: there's a in game screenshot of the potential S3 attacker

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spawned in as Lesion, get TKed immediately. He didn't even ask to play Lesion or anything. Fuck this game sometimes man. They were a 3 stack so Reverse FF was pointless anyways.

This event should be good. Didn't get to play Outbreak.
eh, nothing comparable to outbreak really, it was basically like a whole different game. Anything is better than halloween though.

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I haven't played since the first week or so of Wind Bastion.

Before I dive back in, any major or noticeable changes to the game since then?

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I haven't played since the first week or so of Wind Bastion.

Before I dive back in, any major or noticeable changes to the game since then?
Kafe got a map update. Like Club House update, not Hereford. Villa is brighter, less dark.
Lion now acts like Alibi when someone is moving. It doesn't last as long and start time is shorter.
Glaz has to stand still for banana vision to work.
Blitz cooldown between flashes is longer
Capito got buffed. Fire arrow is a lot larger now. Is really good

That's really the major changes.