• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

26m8n1b2yle31.jpg

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
30 minute ban on FIRST offense is too much. Should get a warning first. The fact that we were playing hostage and I fused OBJ twice was an actually honest mistake and now I missed out on the rest of Siege Night. :(

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
This game is a tenner on PS4 right now... Does it go this low very often?

Kind of tempted to give it a shot, as I've had a weird craving for tacticool/milsim games lately.
But when I tried the free weekend ages ago it would never connect to the servers.
Is it pretty stable on PS4 these days? Do you get enough stuff to trick around with in the base package?
Is it much fun on your own?

Sorry for all the noob questions.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is a tenner on PS4 right now... Does it go this low very often?

Kind of tempted to give it a shot, as I've had a weird craving for tacticool/milsim games lately.
But when I tried the free weekend ages ago it would never connect to the servers.
Is it pretty stable on PS4 these days? Do you get enough stuff to trick around with in the base package?
Is it much fun on your own?

Sorry for all the noob questions.
A) it generally goes to 10 for base game on sales, yes. Like, every couple months tops.
B) no idea why it wouldn't connect during a free weekend, did you let it download completely? If it's 'playable' you can only play offline.
C) I have never heard anyone complain about performance on console, the menus are lower framerate but the game runs fine on my xbox account, fwiw, so I assume ps4 is totally fine.
D) You definitely get enough stuff, I have a smurf on pc and a console copy that both lack any season pass ops and it's totally fine, more frustrating since I CAN play every op on my main account, but the base ops are plenty competitive and totally good. DLC ops don't obsolete anyone really, it's more about breadth than depth.
E) It is plenty of fun on your own but I would say you want a thicker skin, I think on console people don't even get on mic much? but as long as I can just mute the idiots I have never had much of an issue in general. It is a bit harder to learn without friends but we have a lot of era players too that wouldn't mind I'm sure. Calling stuff out helps with learning maps faster imo.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
TheYanger Many thanks for the full response!
Sounds good on all fronts. I'll probably pick it up next time it drops.
Got a couple of friends getting into it already, so hopefully they can bring me up to speed if need be.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I have a question on behalf of my nephew who's pretty into this on PS4 at the moment.

He bought a pre-owned copy of the standard edition a couple of months ago and I only just found out that the Recruit was the only operator available to him out of the gate. He's since unlocked a few of the original ones but should they not have been there at the start? It's not like he had bought the starter edition and he could have used all that renown on some newer operators.

Did they change how they unlock or was he meant to do something to make them available? I'd appreciate the help.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question on behalf of my nephew who's pretty into this on PS4 at the moment.

He bought a pre-owned copy of the standard edition a couple of months ago and I only just found out that the Recruit was the only operator available to him out of the gate. He's since unlocked a few of the original ones but should they not have been there at the start? It's not like he had bought the starter edition and he could have used all that renown on some newer operators.

Did they change how they unlock or was he meant to do something to make them available? I'd appreciate the help.

That's really weird, all base operators were supposed to be free and were made so for all who didn't have them all a while ago when the change occured. It should be like that for new players as well, pre-owned physical copy or not.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They changed it back to how it used to be - you have to unlock the base ops, but they're VERY cheap. Simply watching the tutorials will get you enough to unlock one, and the situations with bonus objectives will get you enough to unlock like 4 or 5 more.

It probably takes ~10 hours of gameplay to unlock all base operators.

I think they did that as a way to kind of signpost new players into seeing how to unlock operators in general so that they don't think they HAVE to buy the dlc ops with money, onboards you to the unlocking process (which then ALSO gets a chance to show you the 'hey buy the bundle' as well as showing you how to buy with renown, which is probably win/win for them).

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the replies.

He seems to have unlocked a fair few of the operators so far so it was sort of an irrelevant question at this point anyway but I was a little curious myself.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I swear casual is more sweaty than ranked for me. I go up against teams of platinums, smurfs, and diamonds all the time. I even went against an entire team of level 300+ players that had the new rank above diamond.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I dropped from Silver I to Bronze I in one night. :| Do you ever have a night where nothing goes right, but you keep playing because you don't want to log off without at least one ranked win, but it never comes. :(

I wish they'd shorten the whole process too, the ban process just takes longer than necessary. Just make the ban process one page with a 10 second timer, where everyone has two votes or something.

Also while I'm spitballing, an Overwatch-style arcade section of experimental stuff with random match rules would be nice too. I'd like a match that has a 20 minute timer leading to a longer tenser game. Or a match with no gadgets allowed, a match with less gravity....etc, etc.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped from Silver I to Bronze I in one night. :| Do you ever have a night where nothing goes right, but you keep playing because you don't want to log off without at least one ranked win, but it never comes. :(

I wish they'd shorten the whole process too, the ban process just takes longer than necessary. Just make the ban process one page with a 10 second timer, where everyone has two votes or something.

Also while I'm spitballing, an Overwatch-style arcade section of experimental stuff with random match rules would be nice too. I'd like a match that has a 20 minute timer leading to a longer tenser game. Or a match with no gadgets allowed, a match with less gravity....etc, etc.
good lord no. Casual at 4 minutes was already excruciating. I can't imagine what this would lead to, just people standing there THINKING about peeking a random angle for minutes at a time.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Yes they are.

Also neat tidbit I was told, engine limitations are holding back much of their wilder operator ideas apparently.
Will the season 3 operators have reused weapons again? Since you stated that gadget ideas are limited due to the Engine, I have a bad feeling these operators are also going to have reused weapons.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone use IQ? I rarely see her played. Is she just one of the mediocre ops that aren't as effective as others?

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Any idea of what the S4 operators could do yet? Also any screenshots of S3 operators or no?

Next season is called Operation Ember Rise. The only info I was given for S4 is "Jager will have competition".

Well all we have is the concept art which is legit, but I'm sure the Major will show off more, or I might be given some actual pics.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Next season is called Operation Ember Rise. The only info I was given for S4 is "Jager will have competition".

Well all we have is the concept art which is legit, but I'm sure the Major will show off more, or I might be given some actual pics.
You're the absolute best thank you! And that's awesome to hear, Jäger has had it too easy for too long. Can't wait to see what gets revealed this week

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
She'd be a better counter if she could actually mark stuff for her teammates, as it is it only works as a good counter to traps if you have a really communicative team and people who will acknowledge and remember the callouts of trap placements which is rare.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
What the fucking fuck, is DDOS legit a thing on PS4? Everyone's ping rocketed above 400 and rubberbanding made it impossible to play. Dude on my team left in frustration, so we obviously lost the match in the end. The rubberbanding went on for the first two rounds before returning to normal. At least we robbed the other team of a flawless victory in the end. Fucking annoying though.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
What the fucking fuck, is DDOS legit a thing on PS4? Everyone's ping rocketed above 400 and rubberbanding made it impossible to play. Dude on my team left in frustration, so we obviously lost the match in the end. The rubberbanding went on for the first two rounds before returning to normal. At least we robbed the other team of a flawless victory in the end. Fucking annoying though.
Happens even on Xbox. It's very frustrating

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017

Well apparently Ubisoft leaked the names of the next ops themselves lol. Straight from reddit.

jwsh6bn4s8g31.jpg

Operation Ember Rise will begin very soon - the next series of innovations is just around the corner!

Amaru and Goyo will appear in Rainbow Six - new operators from Peru and Mexico, who will make the gameplay even more diverse. The Kanal map will also be fully updated.

More on the finals of #RaleighMajor!

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Well apparently Ubisoft leaked the names of the next ops themselves lol. Straight from reddit.

jwsh6bn4s8g31.jpg

Operation Ember Rise will begin very soon - the next series of innovations is just around the corner!

Amaru and Goyo will appear in Rainbow Six - new operators from Peru and Mexico, who will make the gameplay even more diverse. The Kanal map will also be fully updated.

Nice. Let's see which one of them causing threat for Jaeger

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018

jwsh6bn4s8g31.jpg

Haha typical Ubisoft! Thank you. Oh and quick question. With your previous Jäger comment, what do you mean by that exactly? Is the operator a attacker that specifically counters Jäger or is it a defender that has a better ADS/Trophy system then him? And did your Ubi buddy say what the other S4 operator might be able to do?

And quick suggestion, you should consider making a Reddit account for Rainbow6 leaks you would gain a huge following very fast. :)

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
FINALLY got the platinum trophy! 5 flawless ranked victories ended up taking me longer than I expected. Although hardest trophy remains the "kill someone on the other side of a wall with a breach charge". Ahh, feels good. I have no desire to go back to ranked now, I much prefer casual mode. Lives up to its name and inexplicably less trolls.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

Last edited:

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ok I've been checked out all season playing other stuff but I'm excited to get back in with the new season.

Looking forward to the reveal.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018

jwsh6bn4s8g31.jpg

Ember Rise gadgets teased. And you're right once again! 3 seasons strong so far!

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018

This was posted on Reddit by a random user and it could be fake but I'm not sure. Could this be a possible Quarantine event coming to Siege in the near future? The splash screen looks legit and I see a TAR-21 with Acog! And on the bottom right it has more Quarantine art for a limited time event.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
I still don't understand the ELO given in this game. The more you play the less you get

Now I can't reach platinum 2 nor diamond because when I win all I get is +23...