• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
What a boring bland design.
Eh, he's okay imo. I'm not really feeling it either, but he could be worse. I think he might look a lot better if they had him pull up the shawl over his mouth like Punished Snake in this image.

G3noCrQ.jpg

My biggest issue with Maverick's design is that his color scheme and silhouette remind me a lot of Zofia's. They both have a black cap, exposed face, and brown jacket with thick, round neckwear.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Really curious on Maverick. Seems to be easy to get shot while cutting holes but it almost looks like it's delayed for the steel to melt. Not sure if it's important that the device is silent.

I'm assuming he can get around bandit and mute jammers? If so that's really useful and will help him be picked in situations.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, he's okay imo. I'm not really feeling it either, but he could be worse. I think he might look a lot better if they had him pull up the shawl over his mouth like Punished Snake in this image.

G3noCrQ.jpg

My biggest issue with Maverick's design is that his color scheme and silhouette remind me a lot of Zofia's. They both have a black cap, exposed face, and brown jacket with thick, round neckwear.
I was hoping for something a bit more classic Delta Force after that was revealed(Black Hawk Down look for example)

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this game over a year ago, got team killed my first match and had an overall bad experience with the following matches so I gave up on it. It's been on my list to revisit, nothing really clicked with me during my prior experiences. I was only a level 2.

Figured I'd jump back in with the other newbies during the free weekend, and I'm having a damn blast. I'm level 13 now and itching to get to 20 so I can migrate to ranked. So glad I gave this another chance, I haven't been able to put it down all day.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I bet Ubisoft are not happy about that Trusted Reviews video.
The new operators seem interesting, but Maverick seems meh.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Really curious on Maverick. Seems to be easy to get shot while cutting holes but it almost looks like it's delayed for the steel to melt. Not sure if it's important that the device is silent.

I'm assuming he can get around bandit and mute jammers? If so that's really useful and will help him be picked in situations.

If it's silent, you can pop that hole and people don't know it's coming.

Opening up a barricade doesn't give away your position.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Info from the private influencers panel at Paris Majors by BikiniBodhi on reddit
The developers are implementing on/off switches for operators/gadgets that can be utilized whenever there is a VERY bad exploit in the game.

They're working on allowing players to separate the Elite Skins from the Victory Animations.

Ash, Jäger & Bandit are in a good spot, their plan is not to nerf their comfortability, but instead buff every single other operators comfortability.

Tachanka is getting a COMPLETE rework... looks, personality, backstory & gadget, he will not be the same operator after the rework.

Pick & Ban is coming to ranked at some point, the results in PL has been amazing and they are super-satisfied with it.

The regular Casual/Ranked matches will be getting the same Atk/Def rotation as Pro-League, it helps new players learn.

They informed us on how they decide what to put resources on, and that in most cases they do see and agree with the community's points, it just takes time to find a good solution, they would rather have a good solution than a fast solution.

Theatre/Replay/Cinematic mode is coming to everyone, but it's complicated due to the engine, but it will come.

Lion is planned for a rework aswell, in his current state, he limits the design for new operators far too much.

These points were taken from a panel 30 influencers got to have with the devs, these things will be implemented, but there was 0 confirmation on when.

Nov 18, 2017
Seems they're working on seperating MvP animations and the Elite uniforms. This is great. Hopefully they could let us mis and match Elite headgear and uniform too.

100% in for the Frost elite, but wish it was blue instead of tan/white.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Yeah now Bandit cannot actively counter Thermite/Hibana if they have Maverick with them. WTF? He can open a small hole at the bottom of the garage and the defenders are fucked! They cannot do anything about it.
If this proves to be too imbalanced they could always make it so he cannot be prone when using the torch and can't lean over to open up ground level.

Feel like ops with C4 as well as Smoke will be good counters to Maverick. He's super slow and exposed when using the torch. Will require teamwork for his teammates to watch over him since he's very vulnerable.

I feel like Clash is going to be great paired with a 3 speed for roaming and peeks. She can great info and while they're tunnel visioned on her someone can partially open a window and get easy kills.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
So, I bought Siege a while ago, but have hardly played it. Is there a "meta" and is there anywhere I can go to learn about which operators are best to play right now? Or do I just need to jump in and start playing?

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
So, I bought Siege a while ago, but have hardly played it. Is there a "meta" and is there anywhere I can go to learn about which operators are best to play right now? Or do I just need to jump in and start playing?
Meta is more of a thing in pro league. Ranked strats only go so far and are more straight forward. Mira is a main pick in pro league and ranked. Hard breachers are a necessity, but whether you pick Thermite or Hibana depends on map and what bomb site you think defenders will go.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017

Depends on how much time you're willing to dedicate to the game. There is no replacement for spending hours on each map learning how to play them. Best to team up with some friends and play as a squad.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
God damn, I haven't won a ranked game in about a decade. Soon I am going to be ranked so low Ubisoft are going to offer me a refund.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Frost Elite
ROLlkjm.jpg

Frost Elite trap
mr65QHP.jpg

*not my images and NOT me in the trap image, these are doing the rounds and were taken from the stream the guy was playing that Ubi was hosting after the finals.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad the elite Frost trap has a little more visibility, they need to do that with the base ones too

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, many are suggesting that it's too visible, so it's Pay2Loose.
I'm of the opinion that Frost's traps are absurdly overpowered so I would hope that becomes the baseline level of visibility or they change it so they don't immediately DBNO you but instead just trap you in place and do damage and take a long time to pull off of your leg.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm of the opinion that Frost's traps are absurdly overpowered so I would hope that becomes the baseline level of visibility or they change it so they don't immediately DBNO you but instead just trap you in place and do damage and take a long time to pull off of your leg.

Yes they are maybe OP but to counter that, they are easy to spot.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think its OP. To be fair Frosts trap are clear as the sky and she only have three of them and they're easy to get destroyed. Its unfair for Frost to change her traps to paralysing you in one spot and you can shoot but without moving. Like if she have a better tool I'd say yes but she only has this

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Buying the $20 standard edition on the XBOX One. Interested to give this game a go since I'm skipping both COD and BF this year.

Any advice for a new player?