• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game on PC today. Tips?

Also, I may have made a mistake, considering I don't have any friends who play this.
Tips, if you bought the starter edition refund immediately.
Do the situations.
Don't reinforce between bomb sites.
Turn off Hostage game mode (or Secure Area too).
Watch King George's beginner map guides on YouTube.

Add me, I'm no good but getting better. I'm only one sale season more experienced than you. Playing solo casual is fun and fine. If people do stupid shit just mute, report, and move on.
I'm pantsattack there.

Oct 27, 2017
  • Always use Fuze's cluster charge on the hostage room to clear out defenders before entering to secure the hostage

don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg.jpg

If I had any clue about photoshop I would have packed your avatar in there but that has to suffice for now. :P

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the game on PC today. Tips?

Also, I may have made a mistake, considering I don't have any friends who play this.
don't buy the starter edition
don't play fuze on hostage
don't reinforce between bombs
don't reinforce the kid's room on House
^outside of these two occasions, always use your reinforcements
if you use rook then drop his armor immediately the moment the match begins
don't shoot cams while defending and drones while attacking, it's a common mistake newcomers make, defenders shoot the drones and attackers shoot the cams

have fun, most people who play on casual don't have friends, you're only required to have a full team with microphones on ranked which is unlocked at level 25.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
it's time for me to boot up the game for the first time in what I think has been a few weeks? a month maybe?

I'm ready for Daddy Siege to kick my shit in

I'm 'bout to go 0-4 and get them sweet "carried to gold 2" PMs

which you would think wouldn't happen, because gold 2 isn't even that great—far from it in the grand scheme (it's the average, in fact) but it happens

Last edited:

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"
Kaid

• Lowered number of electroclaws to 2

• Lowered damage taken when meleeing electrified barbed wires from 15 to 3/damage tick."
:(

Twookie

Oct 25, 2017
did kaid really need that electroclaw nerf? seemed fine to me, considering his weapons are kinda poor

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Ha! Thanks for all the tips (and trolls?), guys.

I didn't buy the starter edition, BTW. It wasn't the standard, either -- there are way too many editions and I can't remember now which one it was. lol

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine a hallway with two barb and the claw behind a hard wall land you have to melee through for 60 damage? It'd be interesting to see how you can shape a map with that, but totally unfun to play.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Fuck.
Someone chatted with me who was nice enough, so I kept playing with him. He's copper.
Now all I get are bad players. A shitload of level 30s and under in every lobby. At best, one or two other level 100+ players per lobby. It's just completely unfun having to deal with copper strats from teammates who barricade off dumb shit and fuck up your strats.

Is this just bad luck, or am I fucked?

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Fuck.
Someone chatted with me who was nice enough, so I kept playing with him. He's copper.
Now all I get are bad players. A shitload of level 30s and under in every lobby. At best, one or two other level 100+ players per lobby. It's just completely unfun having to deal with copper strats from teammates who barricade off dumb shit and fuck up your strats.

Is this just bad luck, or am I fucked?
you-are-already-dead-1048247.png

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Kaid having a powerful slug shotty that gets an ACOG is going to make him an option for me. That AUG doesn't look attractive.

Nov 18, 2017
Was hoping the new season would launch this week but next Tuesday it is!

Seems 99% confirmed based on that Youtube grab. They're blaming the reversal of the aesthetic changes, but a little disappointing.

In other news the Y4S1 operator gadgets have leaked. The Defender can hack drone cameras. The Attacker plants something called Trax.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
TSM_Viss is streaming Siege (Stats show he's only it streamed about 30 hrs). Interesting. R6 never pulls in big views unless Shroud is playing, so there is definitely a spot for the bigger known day streamers to carve a new niche.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a really good game with Caveira wiped like 4 people on the other team in like 30 seconds and then I go full derp and step on a claymore. 😂😂

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've started to play where I don't pick an operator so the game randomly selects for me, kind of like mystery heroes on Overwatch. It's pretty fun actually having to play with Ops I don't normally pick.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why I can't mute people when I play the new map playlist.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Kaid's shotgun has some kick. At least through the ACOG it looks that way. His other gun seems weak. But I need to more time before I make my decision on that.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is with Ubisoft and their current trend of having so many rooms on new maps they create? The bottom floor of Fortress is a mess and complicated for so no reason. I feel the same about the Italian map before this and the Korean map 'Tower'.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm not playing the new update yet, this game is complete shite solo and my mates won't be able to play until the weekend.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
What is with Ubisoft and their current trend of having so many rooms on new maps they create? The bottom floor of Fortress is a mess and complicated for so no reason. I feel the same about the Italian map before this and the Korean map 'Tower'.

They've made maps to cater to the roamer crowd for like a year now and it's really annoying. There is basically so many angles of attack and flank on the way to the objective that a lot of the time it's basically luck of the draw whether you get shot in the back/side or not since there isn't enough time to clear everything (in ranked at least). You can tell the difference with original maps more being about attacking and defending a point and the newer maps being about basically playing team deathmatch with the 3-4 roamers until you get to the site and deal with the one guy defending.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
The OP screen won't let me select ready. Thankfully it works apart from that.

Oh there's a new confir m load out button.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
They've made maps to cater to the roamer crowd for like a year now and it's really annoying. There is basically so many angles of attack and flank on the way to the objective that a lot of the time it's basically luck of the draw whether you get shot in the back/side or not since there isn't enough time to clear everything (in ranked at least). You can tell the difference with original maps more being about attacking and defending a point and the newer maps being about basically playing team deathmatch with the 3-4 roamers until you get to the site and deal with the one guy defending.

Agree with this completely. The original maps are so much more fun to play even if the diamonds and pros cry balance. The Hereford redesign is a low point, a myriad of wormy corridors and box rooms with no clear structure. The original Hereford is better. Mentioned I liked Kanal on the Reddit the other day and had someone tell me how broken and unbalanced it was... I'd rather play Kanal than any of the Y2 or Y3 maps.

I won't be getting the Y4 pass. Hoping at this point they reboot the game back to it's roots for a sequel or we get a classic playlist with the original operators and maps so all the roaming bullshit can end and we get back to a game about fortifying and breaching.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Agree with this completely. The original maps are so much more fun to play even if the diamonds and pros cry balance. The Hereford redesign is a low point, a myriad of wormy corridors and box rooms with no clear structure. The original Hereford is better. Mentioned I liked Kanal on the Reddit the other day and had someone tell me how broken and unbalanced it was... I'd rather play Kanal than any of the Y2 or Y3 maps.

I won't be getting the Y4 pass. Hoping at this point they reboot the game back to it's roots for a sequel or we get a classic playlist with the original operators and maps so all the roaming bullshit can end and we get back to a game about fortifying and breaching.

Kanal is one of the best maps in the game, and I've always loved it's one connector being the bridge actually making wide roaming a risk as you will just be gunned down trying to get back to site in the late round. But yeah it's a very stark difference looking at year 1 siege to now. The original design doc being about an actual fortress siege and attackers vs defenders has been really lost over time. I really think they knew when the game exploded in popularity that they needed to cater to a bunch of the newer players who just pick any 3 speed and run around the map constantly engaging people at different angles and that's why we ended up with maps like Tower.