• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
8ufpLhb.jpg

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Man that made me want to buy that Thatcher skin. Then you realize it's pretty much 20 dollars and then I remember I'll never buy one of those overpriced things.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
They're announcing roadmap soon but the upcoming countries are

S1: Australia duh
S2: US, Denmark
S3: Mexico and Peru
S4: India and Kenya

Some big changes next season.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
I mean you don't have to believe my friend, its literally being announced as part of the roadmap tomorrow

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I trust Kormora so far. The info has been good to date, so no reason to doubt. :)

Excited as always for new ops, but surprised they are giving up on two each season from the same CTU.

Oct 25, 2017
They're announcing roadmap soon but the upcoming countries are

S1: Australia duh
S2: US, Denmark
S3: Mexico and Peru
S4: India and Kenya

Some big changes next season.
Who in the world would they use for another American?
We got elite Police in the FBI
The "best" military unit in the SEALs
And Delta Force who is specifically America's counter terrorism unit.

I guess another Delta character to give Mavrick a partner.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I completed the 15 headshot challenge and ended up getting Dokkaebi's uniform. Sweet, I guess? I never use her lol.

All I have gotten is stuff I could care less about. I guess I got Dokkaebis charm, which is kind of cool and I actually play her a lot, but other than that.. meh.

Oct 26, 2017
I got both the uniform and headgear for Dokkaebi, and I had gotten both uniform and headgear for her when it was the uhhh... whatever packs gave her the orange scuba looking outfit. Doky is one of my better operators too, and hey two 'sets' out of free packs? No complaints there.

Cool cinematic video, even if I'm not completely in love with the direction they've taken the operators. I get it though, make em more into characters and people will want to spend money to play dress-up with them. It's all good.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Ricochet for friendly fire just opens up different griefing problems.

Blocking entryways, getting in your way on purpose, rushing around without care for friendly fire lines. Etc..

Not sure about that one chief.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ricochet for friendly fire just opens up different griefing problems.

Blocking entryways, getting in your way on purpose, rushing around without care for friendly fire lines. Etc..

Not sure about that one chief.
This was a concern when the ban rules went into effect and it didn't happen.

It's only going into TTS so far so we'll see what comes from the feedback.

Nov 18, 2017
Lots of QOL changes for Y4, and changes the high level players will approve of. The teamkill solution should've come years ago and still no new game modes. Kafe and Kanal are two of my favourite maps from the games launch, Kafe is possibly the best map in the game.

So it will be interesting to see if they can retain the maps' identity whilst homogenising the geometric layout for pro level balance.
This is the first year I haven't bought the pass and after the reveal I'm pretty happy with that decision.

At least the lack of new maps could means they're putting resource into a sequel.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
A industry friend of mine spoiled me the next ops

The next operators are called Mozzie and Gridlock. Australian ops.

Gridlock is an attacker and he puts down a red web tracker that when defenders runs into it they get damaged and it makes noise

Mozzie is defender and she puts down a device that when the enemy drones go into it, she can take control of it and use them

also he told me season 2 will have the map Kanal reworked.

Wow, so everything just got revealed for Burnt Horizon and your leak was 100% spot on. Now that time has passed and the Australian operators got officially revealed, is there any more leaks your friend has said to you? Because I remember you stating that he has more information but "doesn't want to spoil it just yet."

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Pretty much all very positive sounding changes. Was nervous when I read three map reworks, but they all seem very reasonable. At the same time, I hope the fanbase doesn't throw a shitfit considering we're getting less map content than we got this year.

Richochet friendly fire seems like a good start, but there'll still be ways to abuse it (purposefully running into shots, damaging other teammates but not killing them).

Pick ban in ranked is gonna make me play ranked again. Casual's changes are really positive too.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Hibana looks different in every video/pic I see of her. I know they're changing her face in her portrait, but even so, she always looks different. LIke, comparing the elite skin to her standard skin, her face looks different.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hibana looks different in every video/pic I see of her. I know they're changing her face in her portrait, but even so, she always looks different. LIke, comparing the elite skin to her standard skin, her face looks different.
They're hopefully changing her face in game too, since it has NEVER looked like her art. It's not like they don't change the faces like every year anyway.

Hibana has always looked bad. Not like "Oh she's not pretty" idgaf about that ,but like, she has no chin and it's actively distracting. Even though her art has never looked like that.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
They're hopefully changing her face in game too, since it has NEVER looked like her art. It's not like they don't change the faces like every year anyway.

Hibana has always looked bad. Not like "Oh she's not pretty" idgaf about that ,but like, she has no chin and it's actively distracting. Even though her art has never looked like that.

I actually like her current portrait art. It feels like the new one coming makes her look like some cute j-pop star and not an operator. Ah well.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like her current portrait art. It feels like the new one coming makes her look like some cute j-pop star and not an operator. Ah well.
I don't think people tend to have an issue with her current art, the problem with hibana has always been in game. She looks NOTHING like her art.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people tend to have an issue with her current art, the problem with hibana has always been in game. She looks NOTHING like her art.
I have a problem with the art more than the game model since they switched the loadout menu to portraits.
it just looks so out of place or less effort directly next to something like
latest

at least the model you don't have to stare at often.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Everything they are showing is getting me very excited. The movie was super sweet, and I'm happy for more character interaction, especially my boy Thatcher getting some love. Siege has been getting by on character development because the community has been doing it for them. Hopefully they do more videos. Adding extra voice lines in the game when specific operators interact would be a fun way to add more to the world. (Bandit frying a jammer, the sisters concussing each other, twitch opening a mirror, etc)

I'm fine with the map reworks. Hereford doesn't count as a rework and they acknowledged as much, so I haven't been around for them in the past. Canal is fun to play so I'm happy for it to be better, and Theme Park is one of my least favorite maps so also a good upgrade.

The reflect damage might be tweaked to once you get 100hp of team damage the reflect starts, not just a full kill. Don't know. I hope it works. They didn't expand on rewarding players for good behavior, curious about that.

Good stuff, next year shaping up great.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Don't really like the look of the Kanal rework.. Not every map needs a multiple flanking routes.

Oct 27, 2017
A small pet peeve of mine is that they model loads of new sights for the new operators weapons but don't make them available for everyone else. There should also be more nuance to choosing sights than ACOG vs. everything else.