• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I keep seeing new players peave though at the end of rounds and i just dont understand why they dont stay for the renown or extra percentage on box drops

Also ive started playing as ying, but im struggling a bit. I bum rush the objective and throw pretty much all 3 stuns in different directions, but the lmg does doesnt seem quick enough at quickly killing people before they regain sight

Yeah it's weird. Like the alpha pack chance gain and renown is supposed to be an incentive vs constantly leaving but it doesn't work at all.

As for Ying, I found with her one of the biggest mistakes I make is being too aggressive after using the candelas. You are right her gun just doesn't have the speed to be totally aggressive. I do much better when I use the candelas and hang back for a bit to see if people scatter in the sightline I currently have and pick them off. If you have a single enemy cornered though it's a guaranteed kill.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
In addition to all the usual reasons for leaving, I suspect some people are trying to artificially deflate their level -- a kind of casual smurfing. I don't know how casual MMR factors in wins and losses but you know people care about the dumbest shit.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Yeah it's weird. Like the alpha pack chance gain and renown is supposed to be an incentive vs constantly leaving but it doesn't work at all.

As for Ying, I found with her one of the biggest mistakes I make is being too aggressive after using the candelas. You are right her gun just doesn't have the speed to be totally aggressive. I do much better when I use the candelas and hang back for a bit to see if people scatter in the sightline I currently have and pick them off. If you have a single enemy cornered though it's a guaranteed kill.

Might have to try that, just it feels like every time i use it in a target area and nobody moves, i feel like ive wasted my equipment and should rush you know ?

In addition to all the usual reasons for leaving, I suspect some people are trying to artificially deflate their level -- a kind of casual smurfing. I don't know how casual MMR factors in wins and losses but you know people care about the dumbest shit.

Yeah that might play a factor into it. I assume aswell that some ( espcially in newcomer mode) may leave to prevent there rank increasing ( as far as i know xp doesnt count if you leave )

Nov 18, 2017
Ack! I never realised you could use Ying's gadget like a Fuze bomb. Coupled with a synchronised breach charge and it's a strong tactic for disorientating anchors.

Unfortunately my Ying game is weak piss.

Nov 18, 2017
I had a good round with her recently where I blew a hatch and deployed the candela simultaneously, dropped down to objective, wiped out a blind Smoke and secured a victory.

Naturally my team kicked me.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ying is one of the most fun ops and simultaneously insanely frustrating. The inconsistency of flashbangs in general really fucks with her, but when you do it right and you just murder everyone in a room it feels SO good. Also I lvoe her lmg.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm diging alibi very much, still getting used to her guns, but already fooled many people in the game playing hologram

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://www.instagram.com/bun_draws_/

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-345881-16/test-server-update-march-20-2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TT...still_the_same_old_in_terrorist_hunt/eizi26r/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/b3dv7u/march_20_2019_test_server_patch_notes/eizhwz4/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/b2zidc/prone_sprint_the_worm_is_back_double_tap_prone/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b3egrg/operator_logos_flags_are_they_good_should_i_do/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b3gzxg/blitzs_hitbox_is_questionable/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b332he/r6_its_the_most_realistic_game_ever_at_least_ive/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b3feo5/for_those_of_you_wondering_about_the_year_3/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b3et3n/my_and_many_others_suggestion_became_true_after/

ccqlepdpu7n21.jpg

nix5pl0gh9n21.gif

ijzbgxdmwan21.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/b3iwh7/i_saw_someone_make_some_really_cool_concepts_with/

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else love how theyve refreshed and balanced the meta? It always seems like it's difficult, but the camera meta has been fun to see evolve.

Valkyrie gave us cams when static cams became near useless.

Dokkaebi made all cams useful as she hacked them all.

Drones got a buff by being able to set up 2 per player, and gave them increased movement

Now Mozzie hacks drones, but Dokaebbi can hack them back.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else love how theyve refreshed and balanced the meta? It always seems like it's difficult, but the camera meta has been fun to see evolve.

Valkyrie gave us cams when static cams became near useless.

Dokkaebi made all cams useful as she hacked them all.

Drones got a buff by being able to set up 2 per player, and gave them increased movement

Now Mozzie hacks drones, but Dokaebbi can hack them back.
How have the basic drones changed? Haven't heard that history. I know twitch only had one and it could jump and had over a dozen stuns (crazy). Also, Echo started with one yokai but got a second. Could it always cloak?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How have the basic drones changed? Haven't heard that history. I know twitch only had one and it could jump and had over a dozen stuns (crazy). Also, Echo started with one yokai but got a second. Could it always cloak?
You always had 2 drones but you couldn't always have them both active.
Yokai was always cloaked but you only had one until the middle of last year. Its shots recharged much faster previously though

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

U didnt use to be able to have 2 out at a time

And the movement was limited: they were far more static but eventually gained the ability for spectators to move them left to right

Also, u could never see anyone else's cam except valks. Now u can see thru maestro and echo too.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Just jumped back in for the first time since like year 2 I think? Soooo many new things added and also I'm terrible again.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I was assuming they would continue the pro league sets after they finish the cast.

I do wish they'd change the theme but that probably won't happen.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing this for over a month now and this has quickly become one of my favorite competitive shooters of all time. I gotta say tho, the reputation this game's community gets is almost undersold if anything. The amount of toxicity and racism I've experienced in this game in just a month is already rivaling any other game I've ever played and I was on Xbox Live for MW and MW2, which were a sort of a golden age for racist fuckheads in gaming IMO.

Anyways, I've started playing with OBS up and hit record when I see people in game (especially voice chat) being super toxic. I can handle the occasional rage TK but the amount of racist, homophobic and sexist GARBAGE I hear in voice chat in this game makes my fucking skin crawl. Like it's staggering how often I start up a game and just hear a white guy drop a hard-R N-bomb apropos of absolutely nothing. Like it's just some kind of sick catharsis for these people just to say the word. So recording some of these idiots, submitting the videos to Ubisoft support and hoping they take the toxicity in their game seriously. It already feels overwhelming and fruitless, but a month of experiencing it and doing nothing about it other than quick clicking the report button in game was wearing on my nerves

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine North American servers are worse in all the racism stuff? I play Wstern Europe and hardly see any of that sort of thing.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds magical. The US servers are a shitfire.

To be fair, some of the worst behavior I see in game is when I'm afk farming renown in Terrorist Hunt, which I think lends itself more to people acting like total fuckwits. Also I haven't played any ranked yet, hopefully it's not as bad there as casuals (still waiting for a friend who just started to get to 30 so we can switch)

edit: I don't mean literal afk farming, sorry I just meant like while listening to podcasts or whatever I basically just autopilot while shooting terrorists

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I shadowplaly anyone that says shit in voice. in text it's obviously much simpler. Ubi is pretty good about responding to these.

It's definitely gotten worse even as their detection and punishments have gotten better. A byproduct of the extreme sales and super high popularity

EDIT: I should note I still don't encounter it THAT often, but when it rains it fucking pours for sure. I've got folders of screenshots and videos.

Nov 18, 2017
Just had a standard toxic Casual on PS4, where I carried the first round after the team boxed us in on Kafe's 3rd floor lounge. Bagged 3 kills but unfortunately lost the 1-on-1.

Cue 3x Votes to Kick.

I asked why they were kicking the guy who carried the round, and they replied "why didn't you knife the last guy?" so I responded "Why were you all dead?"
They then called me a "Tryhard" and kicked me.

The Joy of Siege.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to say, I got my first ace this week! As Thatcher (so right) on Clubhouse. Three of the five were head to head gunfights which I am proud of, and not my strong suit.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Been playing this for over a month now and this has quickly become one of my favorite competitive shooters of all time. I gotta say tho, the reputation this game's community gets is almost undersold if anything. The amount of toxicity and racism I've experienced in this game in just a month is already rivaling any other game I've ever played and I was on Xbox Live for MW and MW2, which were a sort of a golden age for racist fuckheads in gaming IMO.

Anyways, I've started playing with OBS up and hit record when I see people in game (especially voice chat) being super toxic. I can handle the occasional rage TK but the amount of racist, homophobic and sexist GARBAGE I hear in voice chat in this game makes my fucking skin crawl. Like it's staggering how often I start up a game and just hear a white guy drop a hard-R N-bomb apropos of absolutely nothing. Like it's just some kind of sick catharsis for these people just to say the word. So recording some of these idiots, submitting the videos to Ubisoft support and hoping they take the toxicity in their game seriously. It already feels overwhelming and fruitless, but a month of experiencing it and doing nothing about it other than quick clicking the report button in game was wearing on my nerves
Yeah, it's really unfortunate that the game ended up courting the dude-bro, shitcunt crowd. I maintain that the first year of the game, the community was really great.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I'm just more sensitive about it because I got one of my worst experiences with it of all time yesterday. These 3 guys I got matched with in 3 straight terrorist hunt maps were basically non stop vile shit and it really got to me. I'm talking like mock Asian and Indian accents, dropping N'bombs like crazy.

I'm not sure why Ubisoft won't confirm action taken against someone you have actively filed a report with proof about yet they globally name and shame anybody banned in-game. In Dota 2 (the previous most toxic game I played) they at least sent you a notice that your reports got someone actioned against.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think court is a strong word - Ubi definitely pushes back against that kind of shit pretty vocally and (relative to the rest of the games industry) visibly, but the game just has too many people for it to be as under control as they'd like I think.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I think court is a strong word - Ubi definitely pushes back against that kind of shit pretty vocally and (relative to the rest of the games industry) visibly, but the game just has too many people for it to be as under control as they'd like I think.
I mean the sheer nature of this game (military, gundude, GI Joe, tactical sim) is what courts the type of toxic dudebro that acts this way. Ubi does try, but it's an insanely popular game I imagine it feels like trying to dry the ocean with a roll of paper towels.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I mean the sheer nature of this game (military, gundude, GI Joe, tactical sim) is what courts the type of toxic dudebro that acts this way. Ubi does try, but it's an insanely popular game I imagine it feels like trying to dry the ocean with a roll of paper towels.
Yeah, the nature of the game is more what I meant. Attracted the CS:GO and dude-bro crowd

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's really unfortunate that the game ended up courting the dude-bro, shitcunt crowd. I maintain that the first year of the game, the community was really great.

Yep, it's a huge shame. That first year of everyone being positive and decent was so good, then the game exploded in popularity and it just got worse and worse.