• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox Plat is such a trash fire right now. Guys that AFK. Guys that leave. At least one session lost to DDOS a day.

edit: and oh yeah, guys who quit out of the game when you down them then reconnect to preserve their precious k/d...

Last edited:

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017

He sent me their correct names. I'll spoil tag for people who don't want to know anything about the new ops and S3 tease.

"The Danish Frogman attack operator is called Nökk while the Secret Service defence operator is called Warden.

Here's a vague description of them: Warden looks exactly as you'd imagine for Secret Service, has the suit and tie plus kevlar while Nökk looks extremely cute and will probably will be a new fan favorite.

For a Season 3 tease: Defenders will now have a good reason to reinforce hatches on the same floor as them hehe"

I'll pester him to send me their pics if he can. I wanna see what Nokk looks like especially. I'm not too sure what his S3 tease means. Changes to reinforcements?

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks again Kormora , I think you're friend is hinting at
an attacker who can climb up hatches
?

That makes more sense than what I was thinking.
Maybe a operator with a wooden rope ladder? grappling hook? Tomb raider style arrows with ropes?

Unless it's another kind of special grenade op that needs hatches specifically? Otherwise I can't think of any other reason why defenders would need to reinforce hatches on their objective floor now.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get how a Danish Frogman would look cute, but I'm for it. I actually think Gridlock is very cute and sassy, especially the in game model, but people hate on her.

Maybe reinforcing the floor is to resist a Fuze-like charge from below.

I see that the patch removes access to the purple tarps on Coastline. I saw people play there at all skill levels. Also, the Godly Noob's garage rafter spot on Clubhouse will be patched out already.

BTW, I didn't get any bonus renown this weekend as their Twitter said PC players would.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the write up and info! I'll have to dig into my settings and I think get a bigger mouse pad. A 21" swing sounds gigantic!
An update on my own personal struggles with sensitivity and aim. I've given up on unifying pixel distances. Sticking with 10.5" for a 180 hip, and going back to 75% of that in pixel distance for ADS sensitivities. If they're unified I can't bring hip down any more because turning starts running out of real estate, and pixel perfect accuracy is too tough on the ADS side. I do notice that they aren't perfectly synced but I think of hip more as movement and ADS as aim, so for the most part it doesn't bother me. Unifying them didn't really yield much for positive results. It's more important that I can do a precise 90 degree or 180 turn in hip than aiming/tracking. And I'm locked in on that current sensitivity. I might consider bringing my ADS down from like 3/4 to 2/3 or something in the future.

I grabbed some replacement feet for my Logitech G403 and the smoother glide is definitely helping.

I think my Siege aim has pretty much plateaued at not that high of a level. I need to work on not taking wide peeks. I think that's pretty clearly my biggest issue. The problem is I'm old and my reflexes don't cut it for tight angles.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
People unleash so much hate. No matter how well I do at anytime in the day that I'm playing Siege I almost always end up coming out mad or sad or with questions about why I play this game at the end of the day. This game has allowed me to see the worst in people and honestly after like 2000 hours, I think I've had enough.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
People unleash so much hate. No matter how well I do at anytime in the day that I'm playing Siege I almost always end up coming out mad or sad or with questions about why I play this game at the end of the day. This game has allowed me to see the worst in people and honestly after like 2000 hours, I think I've had enough.
I've been there for a minute. I still have a habit of checking this thread and other channels of Siege news. After investing so much time shaking interest totally is impossible I've found.

Oct 29, 2017

Exactly, I have never received so many text via playing a specific game like I do with Siege.

I'm usually very calm and collected while playing and don't let any of that stuff get to me.

But, I did lash out the other day while playing. I dropped into a new match and immediately I'm being voted to be kicked for absolutely new reason. The vote wasn't unanimous so I stayed. Next thing I know I'm clutching the match in a 1v3 matchup. After the match was over I yelling in the mic..."but you wanted t to kick me, right!!"

Can't believe I let the game get to me.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018

Yep.

Yesterday was one of the worsed for me. Joined a lobby, and i was 1 v 5, killed 2 then died. Got kicked immediately. Talk about clutch or kick. Then i had some dude call me a 'fa****' because i was apparently playing too 'sweaty' as ying in casual. When literally all i did was throw my candelas and refuse to go 'recruit only'.

Also looking at the patch notes makes me sad and happy. Happy because i much prefer yings cook being reversed, but sad because maestros being nerfed and thatcher will be a hard counter.

tootsi666

Dec 13, 2018
He sent me their correct names. I'll spoil tag for people who don't want to know anything about the new ops and S3 tease.

"The Danish Frogman attack operator is called Nökk while the Secret Service defence operator is called Warden.

Here's a vague description of them: Warden looks exactly as you'd imagine for Secret Service, has the suit and tie plus kevlar while Nökk looks extremely cute and will probably will be a new fan favorite.

For a Season 3 tease: Defenders will now have a good reason to reinforce hatches on the same floor as them hehe"

I'll pester him to send me their pics if he can. I wanna see what Nokk looks like especially. I'm not too sure what his S3 tease means. Changes to reinforcements?
I doubt a danish operator would have an "ö" in her name. That's Swedish/Finnish/German/Icelandic, Danish uses "ø".

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018

Wow, thank you so much for the correct information! And please do I would love to see some in game screenshots. Also definitely let us know if you find out more about that new hatch breaching gadget.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
I doubt a danish operator would have an "ö" in her name. That's Swedish/Finnish/German/Icelandic, Danish uses "ø".

Well that was the message I got. Maybe he made a mistake with the translation? I've read some reddit threads and they think she should be called Nokken. I'm not Danish though so I have no idea about the accuracy.

Wow, thank you so much for the correct information! And please do I would love to see some in game screenshots. Also definitely let us know if you find out more about that new hatch breaching gadget.

Well according to PCGamer's article their source says
it'll involve grapple hooks.
Huh.

He has claimed to me he knows some of the gadgets for next year ops as well, but they're all way too early and everything is subject to change.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/bdxzcy/maverick_and_caveira_new_bundles/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/bdtyj1/this_is_how_grenades_really_work/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/bdom3i/new_operators_y4_s2_leak/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/bdudqx/season_2_operator_names_leaked/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/bduyro/preventing_your_evil_eye_from_getting_destroyed/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/bdu93v/look_up_to_defend_your_maestro_cam_against_twitch/

wg4tc1b44ks21.gif

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you run faster with your pistol out? I see alot of youtubers do this but I thought it never made a difference?

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Well that was the message I got. Maybe he made a mistake with the translation? I've read some reddit threads and they think she should be called Nokken. I'm not Danish though so I have no idea about the accuracy.

Well according to PCGamer's article their source says
it'll involve grapple hooks.
Huh.

He has claimed to me he knows some of the gadgets for next year ops as well, but they're all way too early and everything is subject to change.
Very interesting to think about, a Grapple Hook would probably fit the game perfectly. And since you can already repell on buildings in the game it shouldn't be too hard of a learning curve to learn. And thanks again for being so generous with this information. Let us know if anything is new, you're an icon in the Siege community lol!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just redownloaded this after being MIA for over a year and a half.

This is gonna be rough in competitive.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Chocotaco started streaming Siege! Anyone know his experience with the game or his evaluation?
Oh, it seems he is only on it because PUBG has connection problems right now. He obviously gets his bread buttered there so his audience might not want to see other things.

Last edited:

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Why did they have to ruin Nomad by getting rid of her claymore :( those were some of the funniest things to witness.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Chocotaco started streaming Siege! Anyone know his experience with the game or his evaluation?
Oh, it seems he is only on it because PUBG has connection problems right now. He obviously gets his bread buttered there so his audience might not want to see other things.

Yeah he plays it, apex, fortnite and a couple others on off nights or if pubg is down. He's solid thanks to CS gun skill but he def. doesn't know the maps and he's always encountering audio issues.

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed him on Siege as well. Weird, I didn't have any issues playing PUBG which I did for most of Saturday. Well, aside from getting second place to a cheater... I mean that was fun... but I digress.

But yeah, choco is pretty much a Siege noob. Doesn't seem very familiar with the abilities and maps. Not even high enough level to play ranked yet so what can you expect. I'm sure he'll be pretty good if he puts in the time. But Siege requires a *lot* of time.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the game is a tactical shooter that caters to a hardcore crowd but all these new maps after being MIA for a long time...I kinda wish I had a map in the top left corner just so I know my way around the perimeter.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I understand the game is a tactical shooter that caters to a hardcore crowd but all these new maps after being MIA for a long time...I kinda wish I had a map in the top left corner just so I know my way around the perimeter.
Set a private game. Run around for 3 minutes and you will not get lost. Unfortunately you are still going to have to learn walls and murder holes locations

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I feeeeel you man I just started a couple months ago and while my map knowledge is still getting better every time I play there are a few maps that totally fuck me up.

Skyscraper (the Asian themed one) is just a maze of similar looking rooms on the inside and I'm constantly getting lost or killed from angles I don't know exist.

Tower is probably my worst map. It seems gigantic. Got tons of rooms (a lot of which don't seem to be super relevant to any of the OBJ points on the map, but just provide tons of places for say a Cav to hide and pick me off) that all somehow look the same or similar to me. I can never tell which floor I'm on. I seem to get immediately killed way too often no matter where I infiltrate from. It's just a bad scene.