• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
What would you guys recommend for a noob to git gud at?

Sledge on offense
Any roamer on defense because you aren't likely to misuse a key gadget. Figuring out what to do with bandit for example, is pretty straightforward. Advanced stuff like bandit 'trapping' is easy enough to learn.

Basically avoid operators that are a hard counter to another operator on the opposite side and you'll be golden until you learn the maps.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
How do you guys find a way to have time to look at cameras and such during the matches might never had the time I feel to use a drone or camera in rounds.
That's a really good question. When I'm on offense I have this technique I like to call (in my own mind, anyway) "The Drone Dance." You see it all the time from the pros (who probably have their own, better term for it). Basically, I drone, I move. I drone, I move.

It goes like this: I run up to a room outside, shoot the door open or plant a breaching charge, run back a tiny bit and find good cover, deploy my drone and check the room, and then I get off the drone and haul my ass inside. Repeat. I drone, I move. Drone. Move. When you do this you're either going to find defenders who will retreat upon realising their position is compromised or they will try to hold it. If they're holding it (which is, at some point, all they can do), you then need to find or open an angle onto them, or call out your opponent's position to your teammates who may be in a better position to get that angle... and that kill. Once you find anyone, you should alert your teammates anyway, of course.

If a position they're holding is too difficult to take... find and go the other way. 9/10 times on a level playing field when a position is really difficult to take, that means the other side is lacking in defenses. So hit that side and hit it fast. The faster you adjust, the less likely they will adjust. If you can spare a drone to hide on their better fortified side and have the time to ensure the defenders are still focused on holding it, that's all the better.

But at the end of the day, vocal teamplay is what's really going to make droning and checking cameras effective. The truth is you don't have time to do the Drone Dance all round. So you need dancing partners taking turns.

Last edited:

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great post Disgraced. Agree with all of that. The new addition of being able to have 2 drones out at once also helps with this. Kind of miss the ability to identify defenders without scanning them - as scanning can give away your drone's position, but I think its for the best. Maybe its just me, but I also feel they improved the scanning ability. Before it would only scan someone if most of they're body was in view. It seems to me now it'll count even their legs or just they're head as a scan.

Oct 25, 2017
They should've increased the animation speed for Kapkan's trap laying with the increased number. Still uses all of your set time to lay defenses.

Mall walking Blitz is hilarious to play though.

Last edited:

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should've increased the animation for Kapkan's trap laying with the increased number. Still uses all of your set time to lay defenses.

Mall walking Blitz is hilarious to play though.
I do think its good to save a trap or two till near the end of the round. Similar to castle, it can be useuful when people are panicking with less time left and rush.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Halloween Bundles. 5 in total. Ash, Mira, Pulse, Hibanna, and Buck.

mira_halloween_web_304887.jpg

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I meant more of an defender. But, yea I'm still experimenting here.

I'm still wrapping my head around the maps and to learn the in and outs, I can already tell it's going to be a while. How do you guys find a a way to have time to look at cameras and such during the matches. I feel like I never had the time I feel to use a drone or camera in rounds.

On defense just make sure that after you die you are always checking different cameras and calling out to the team if you see someone. If everyone is doing that properly the people who are still alive shouldn't have to do it too much because someone almost always dies in the beginning of the round.

The drone is trickier because you really need to know the maps pretty well to have a sense of when and where it makes sense to use it. You're very vulnerable to roamers when you are using it, so you don't want to spend a lot of time driving around in circles looking for the stairs or whatever. Luckily you get to practice zipping around the map with the drone at the beginning of every other round, so it actually doesn't take as long as you would think to learn the maps.

s.p4m

Oct 27, 2017
Hi RainbowSixEra
is there a Discord for European players? Unfortunally I only have time on the weekends.
Btw Praise the Lord^^

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Nintendo doesn't look like it. Each piece can be bought individually so they different then the pro league sets. I assume these are already in the alpha packs too.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Pulse's skin is new - I've seen it before, and I guess its been re-purposed for Halloween?

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hey guys, i am thinking of getting Siege for my Xbox One since my PS4' s fan is about to die and i find the console very loud (Probably gonna get a Slim instead of a Pro because of this). What are the differences on consoles versions performance-wise?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Hey guys, i am thinking of getting Siege for my Xbox One since my PS4' s fan is about to die and i find the console very loud (Probably gonna get a Slim instead of a Pro because of this). What are the differences on consoles versions performance-wise?
To my knowledge there aren't any signficant differences performance-wise between consoles with Siege but if you played before maybe you should wait to get your Pro for Siege again since progress doesn't synchronize across platforms. Unless you're fine with unlocking everything again, that is.

I mean, I'm certainly always down for more squadmates on Xbox from this community! p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶e̶l̶y̶

Last edited:

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
To my knowledge there aren't any signficant differences performance-wise between consoles with Siege but if you played before maybe you should wait to get your Pro for Siege again since progress doesn't synchronize across platforms. Unless you're fine with unlocking everything again, that is.

I mean, I'm certainly always down for more squadmates on Xbox from this community! p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶e̶l̶y̶

Not being able to carry my progress is my main concern about it. Will add you on Xbox anyway.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
When I first started this about a month ago getting to clearance level 20 seemed so far away and I thought I'd have the game mostly sussed by the time I hit ranked. How wrong I was!

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
although there doesn't appear to be any patch for Scorpio Im really looking forward to the bump in perf and AF

We can all agree that this is the most perfect game of all time if there were dedis right?

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a couple matches on new update. The new Kapkan laser is not just reduced in visbility, its completely invisible on my screen.

Oh, I thought the change was good but that might be a little too much especially with five of them. At least I now have a reason to play him more.

The renown change to lone wolf sucks. Assuming it's less renown for speeding past it. That completely nerfed the house renown farming or keeping the game running.

They need to ahead and lower the renown cost for season 1 operators already. But it's what, $20 for the bundle? Might have to grab that. Would be nice for a rotating free operator, too. But whatever.

When I first started this about a month ago getting to clearance level 20 seemed so far away and I thought I'd have the game mostly sussed by the time I hit ranked. How wrong I was!

Ranked is a whole nother world, lol. I went through it for the achievement, ranked gold IV and haven't touched it since.

People are mean. :(

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What would you guys recommend for a noob to git gud at?
Try Fuze on attack. I'm not joking, either. He's slow, the AK-12 has an interesting recoil pattern which forces you to tap the trigger instead of holding it down, and if for whatever reason your bullets are failing you his gadget can literally clear a room. The first two points will help you get better at the game itself and the last will boost your morale when you've gone three games without a kill*. Another added bonus, regarding his gadget, is that it will make you VERY aware of your surroundings. After you've accidentally team-killed dozens, you'll start to be more cautious, which will oddly help.

As for defence, it's a bit harder to pick one operator that will help you hone your skills. Like the attackers they all have their pros and cons, some more than others (Tachanka, for example, is VERY situational), so it's not so much who you use but how you use them. To pick a good starting defender I'd maybe say Mute? His MP5K has a great recoil pattern, and his gadget will help you with gadget placement and management. Just because you have X amount of gadgets, doesn't mean you have to use them all during the prep phase.

Now for some general tips:
  • Use headphones.
  • There's a timer at the top of your HUD. If you activate the objective at any point before the timer reaches 0, the round will last until the objective is complete/everyone dies. Nowhere does it say the round must end within the first 30 seconds. Don't rush, take your time, use the clock to your advantage. (When your squad members die right away and leave you in a 1v5 situation, then boot you 2 minutes later because you were taking your time and looking at your drone, don't let that change your style.)
  • Never, under any circumstance, reinforce the walls between the bomb rooms. Never.
  • Never, under any circumstance, barricade every single doorway you see at the beginning of the round. It slows attackers down, yes, but it also slows defenders down.
  • *Kills are not everything in this game. Some of the best rounds/matches I've played resulted in zero kills on my part, but without me assisting/distracting/tagging/whatever we wouldn't have won. (I usually hate when people say these sorts of things, but it really applies with Siege.)
  • Finally, on a personal note as a Valkyrie main, if during the prep phase you see a window's been torn down, please don't barricade it before the phase ends.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I meant to ask:
How long does it take to plant or destroy the defuser?
Does the round extend if time is at 0 seconds but someone is in the process of planting the defuser?

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh yeah, I meant to ask:
How long does it take to plant or destroy the defuser?
Does the round extend if time is at 0 seconds but someone is in the process of planting the defuser?

Planting takes 7 seconds. Then they have 45 seconds to find and defuse it and if they do that they have 7 seconds to destroy it while holding a button.
If they start planting at 2 seconds, the timer will stop and planting will continue, round will extend till the defuser is destroyed or planting is stopped by the player without any time on the clock.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Planting takes 7 seconds. Then they have 45 seconds to find and defuse it and if they do that they have 7 seconds to destroy it while holding a button.
If they start planting at 2 seconds, the timer will stop and planting will continue, round will extend till the defuser is destroyed or planting is stopped by the player without any time on the clock.

Thanks, that's really helpful.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Slapped this together for the Xbox club. If anyone from here wants to establish a Discord server, PSN community, Steam group, et cetera (tee-hee) for here and use this feel free... I'm going to try to incorporate all that into the OP later.

HQQugWA.jpg

I mean, shit, I already play a bit on PC too and I do have a PS4 too so I could (in time) establish all this myself if people want it, I guess. Then I could finally take CrayToes' Caveira to task and teamkill Primethius.

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Slapped this together for the Xbox club. If anyone from here wants to establish a Discord server, PSN community, Steam group, et cetera (tee-hee) for here and use this feel free... I'm going to try to incorporate all that into the OP later.

HQQugWA.jpg

I mean, shit, I already play a bit on PC too and I do have a PS4 too so I could (in time) establish all this myself if people want it, I guess. Then I could finally take CrayToes' Caveira to task and teamkill Primethius.
I actually came here to post that I am going to make a new discord server exclusively for our community since the other server has a lot of outsiders. There are several people on GAF that wanted me to invite them on discord but after I found out about the nature of that discord server I decided against inviting them there and thought it'd be better if I invite them to a new server.

I'll set it up right now and try to implement roles that people can assign themselves for specific platforms so that people can alert others with just @PS4, @Xbox or @PC in order to only notify people from appropriate platforms.

Maybe also implement nightbot to let people track their stats. It's all going to take some time as I am not familiar with the workings of it exactly but it should take a day or two.

Last edited:

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nooblet, I found some custom commands for ankhbot/nightbot. I already have ankhbot downloaded. I might be able to set that up real quick if you want.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Do you know what bundle/pass I could buy in order to get a good amount of operators ? I unfortunately got the starter edition and the grind to get new operators is killing me in a game where matches takes a long amount of time. I have 120 hours and only unlocked 3 operators with renown and bought Valkyrie with real money.

Also it seems the game improved a bit regarding matchmaking when I started around May/June ? I used to get my ass kicked by lv120 gun warriors when I was merely lv3, now it feels the disparity isn't so big now. I definitely did not improve in that timeframe though lol

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know what bundle/pass I could buy in order to get a good amount of operators ? I unfortunately got the starter edition and the grind to get new operators is killing me in a game where matches takes a long amount of time. I have 120 hours and only unlocked 3 operators with renown and bought Valkyrie with real money.

Also it seems the game improved a bit regarding matchmaking when I started around May/June ? I used to get my ass kicked by lv120 gun warriors when I was merely lv3, now it feels the disparity isn't so big now. I definitely did not improve in that timeframe though lol
You've played 120 hours and only unlocked 3 operators? Holy shit man, you might as well just buy the normal edition, probably be cheaper than buying the renown you need with real cash. It doesn't take long to unlock all the default operators with the standard edition.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

120 hours for 3 operators sounds insane and unlikely.

In standard edition you can unlock all base operators in about 8-12 hours. Which is how long it takes to unlock one single base operator in starter edition. But as far as I know Starter edition also gives you 2 base operators for free instantly. One single DLC operator takes about 20 hours. So even in worst case scenario and if you were only going for DLC operators you should have had access to 7-8 operators at the very least (with 2 free operators).

Take my advice, just buy normal edition with season 2 pass. You'll unlock the base operators in 8-12 hours, you'll have all season 2 operators from the start and whatever renown you get you spend on buying year 1 operators.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
120 hours for 3 operators sounds insane and unlikely.

Outside of the 4 operators you get for free at the start that I didn't count since you do not unlock them with renown, I am not lying. I do have 22000 renown right now since I am keeping it to unlock Hibana.

I'll see about the season 2 pass, thanks.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Anybody else have rubber banding this weekend?

I've never really had any network issues and it was pretty bad for me.
Not only did my team and I have network issues last night but I lagged out on overtime match point (in our favor) with the diffuser, seperate from my team. Nope, didn't reconnect in time to play on sudden death. Yup, we lost.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I've set up a discord server for us.
Note that this is not only for PC and is open for ALL platforms be it PC, Xbox or PS4. It is set up to facilitate discussion and LFG for everyone.

Please join using the link hidden in this post (quote to reveal the link). Please also take time to look around some of the things I've set up like role management and stuff. Over the next few days I'll be adding more things like adding commands to link and display stats, random reaction images (lol) and also add emojis to the channel.

Quote to reveal the discord invite. Also for now, please don't give it out to people who aren't part of this community.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Been playing this since the recent PSN sale. Game is really good and I'm trying to figure it out as much as possible. I think at this point I'm more of an asset for the team disabling and supporting than getting kills. Does teams usually think of this when they have a player like this on their teams? I don't get many people raging so I'm thinking they may or its just this communityt isn't that toxic. My kill ratio in ranked is a .2!

Few other questions. Does seasons bring new maps for free since I only see operators in content to buy? Also is there a place to check friends ranks? I know rank says beta but some piecies of it seem barebones.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I caved in and bought the Pulse, Mira, and Buck Halloween bundle with renown. I had around 200k so I was like, why not?
I especially like Buck's because it gives him a nice looking uniform in general, makes his coat stand out when his pants and coat are differently coloured. With Mira, that gives us two skull girls on defense -- Caveira didn't need a Halloween bundle to get into the spirit of things.

Been playing this since the recent PSN sale. Game is really good and I'm trying to figure it out as much as possible. I think at this point I'm more of an asset for the team disabling and supporting than getting kills. Does teams usually think of this when they have a player like this on their teams? I don't get many people raging so I'm thinking they may or its just this communityt isn't that toxic. My kill ratio in ranked is a .2!

Few other questions. Does seasons bring new maps for free since I only see operators in content to buy? Also is there a place to check friends ranks? I know rank says beta but some piecies of it seem barebones.
Maps are free for everyone.

Oct 27, 2017
I think at this point I'm more of an asset for the team disabling and supporting than getting kills. Does teams usually think of this when they have a player like this on their teams?
Don't worry about getting kills. You have no idea how much help a support player is to the squad members who are getting the kills. Unlock Twitch if you haven't already. She's so much fun to play as and you can go the entire round without leaving the starting area, while helping your team disable gadgets and inflicting small amounts of damage to enemy players. A smart Twitch player is very annoying.

If you can't get kills, the worst thing you can do is try to get kills.

Deleted member 12186

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I can't say much for randoms, but serious teams definitely understand that not everything that contributes to a win is displayed on the scoreboard. For the majority of the playerbase, kills mean everything, which is sad. Being lethal and winning engagements is important, but setting up the structure and providing intel(which opens up options and so on) is just as meaningful. There's more I didn't mention that you could do for your team apart from cod-style crushing them.

That being said the most desirable player is the one with balance who can do it all.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Don't worry about getting kills. You have no idea how much help a support player is to the squad members who are getting the kills. Unlock Twitch if you haven't already. She's so much fun to play as and you can go the entire round without leaving the starting area, while helping your team disable gadgets and inflicting small amounts of damage to enemy players. A smart Twitch player is very annoying.

If you can't get kills, the worst thing you can do is try to get kills.

I have twitch unlocked but I haven't played her much. I've been spamming Thatcher a lot. I'll try out twitch soon since I'm annoyed when I play against her and it will be good for me to get used to the drone more. Kapkan is fun as well and from reading earlier in thread I shouldn't force trying to lay all traps before found starts.

Oct 27, 2017
Tried ranked for the first time yesterday despite playing since launch. Stunned to see people on team still not using mics--I bailed 2 rounds in.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Tried ranked for the first time yesterday despite playing since launch. Stunned to see people on team still not using mics--I bailed 2 rounds in.

That's surprising. Usually I'm always having to hook up the headset so I don't hear people coming out of the sound bar speakers.

You could have been grouped with people in party chat. I play with some people who stay in party chat regardless of how many is playing.