• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MisterX

Oct 28, 2017
pretty dumb changes, Ela should've been nerfed harder (drop mag size to 30 and increase recoil) and Twitch did not need nerfing.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Twitch nerf too much

Should reduce by 5 only
This. You can't expect her to get all the Bandit batteries, Kapkan traps and grzmot mines with 10 shocks. If you factor in a Lesion too she's got some tough decisions to make.
My boy Bandit losing his strongest asset. Feelsbadman. My girl Ash needs to land headshots too now. Feelsgoodman. That gun does way to much damage right now. I'm glad Twitch and Ash are getting nerfs because they're pretty much the must have ops on attack. Ela is probably going to be in a good place right now

The mouse shake is indeed a thing a XIM user will do. To paraphrase, legit looking is a weird phrase to use. There's nothing illegitimate about playing a shooter with a mouse!
https://youtu.be/oHC1230OpOg
On PC it's perfectly fine I agree, but if you can't see that it's not fair using it on console then you're either in denial or an idiot and you don't sound like an idiot to me.

Oct 25, 2017
yea I dont understand this twitch nerf at all. Its already a much riskier setup to depend on twitch for clearing gadgets since the drone can be you know shot.

Feels like losing all the defender gadgets should be the penalty for not killing the drone

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I just really started playing the game but the Twitch drone nerf does seem strange. Haven't encountered a Twitch yet that has cleared more than 2 or 3 gadgets.

Deleted member 11934

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh just because someone mentioned the XIM, actually there is a cheaper software I'm not gonna name right now (so not to spawn more people playing with it, but it's easy to find anyway if you look for it) that only uses Remote Play (and I've been using, but the input lag is hugely annoying and I feel bad about playing on PS4 now). It simply remaps the dualshock 4 controls so you can use all the input devices you want (no packs and shit like other devices) - and it costs less than a cheap game.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Oh just because someone mentioned the XIM, actually there is a cheaper software I'm not gonna name right now (so not to spawn more people playing with it, but it's easy to find anyway if you look for it) that only uses Remote Play (and I've been using, but the input lag is hugely annoying and I feel bad about playing on PS4 now). It simply remaps the dualshock 4 controls so you can use all the input devices you want (no packs and shit like other devices) - and it costs less than a cheap game.
No joke the input lag could be fucking you up. If it's noticable then it's a huge problem. Specially in this game.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We're peope complaining about a twitch drone being too powerful? It just seems like a weird move considering just the amount of traps and or battery/jammers that can be on a map at once.

Oct 26, 2017
Well there's your problem, you need a XIM!

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Ela's Skorpion deserves something like what Doc/Rook's P90 has going on.

We're peope complaining about a twitch drone being too powerful? It just seems like a weird move considering just the amount of traps and or battery/jammers that can be on a map at once.
Way too many Twitch scrubs use her drone to just go around shocking people instead of destroying cams/gadgets. I welcome the nerf.

To expand on this, people who are pretty good moving with the shock drone will usually go shock a couple people to 90 or 80 health and then go to take out an ADS or two before getting destroyed. Or the shock drone takes out nearly all the cameras and shows up to the objective after prep phase and quietly takes out all the gadgets before getting noticed.

This is coming from a big Twitch main. She is great, but the buffs she was getting were power creeping.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
One of the only games to ever make me use sharefactory so much fun was sitting on that wall waiting for him to come to me for like 5 minutes lol
Primethius see I can be okish I was having an off day when we played lmao

Oct 25, 2017
The power of the reset router.
tenor.gif

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Mid season patch notes are really disappointing. Ela nerf is pathetic and her strength being listed as 'fighting multiple enemies' just signifies how absurdly overpowered she is. I hope the concussion mine time reduction helps more than it sounds but the rotation speed still being affected is what the real killer is. Twitch shock drone nerf is completely unncessary and makes no sense with how many traps/gadgets they have added to defense over the last 3 months. If anything she should get more charges to handle all of this. As it is now there is no reason to ever shock a person because it's a waste of precious 10 charges you have that are needed for traps/deployables. Also means twitch won't be getting cameras and black eyes as much too.

Bandit having his 3 wires removed is also stupid because that was one of his defining traits, now everyone is simply going to take nitro cells which is boring and doesn't help the team as much. They just removed a choice and made it a given.

Capitao Para buff is good and sorely needed. Not sure the R4-C nerf will do much but we'll see. Still insane to me that it's been 2 years and they have never even touched Ash until today.

No dropshotting fix which they had promised either which means we'll probably need to wait for the whole next season for that.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I think people are forgetting that the point of Twitch is not to destroy everything on the map and still be able to shock the shit out of everyone in the same round. Thats why she only had one drone in the beginning. They gave her 2 because her pick win rate was terrible, but they made her too strong. Combine that with the absurd amount of shots she had with the wonky hit boxes that drones have it made her a nuisance and made her far too strong from a team perspective. She could simply go into the room at the same time as her teammates and spam shots nonstop to force defenders out of their spots AND still have enough shots to destroy everything on the map.

Now they are fixing that.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are forgetting that the point of Twitch is not to destroy everything on the map and still be able to shock the shit out of everyone in the same round. Thats why she only had one drone in the beginning. They gave her 2 because her pick win rate was terrible, but they made her too strong. Combine that with the absurd amount of shots she had with the wonky hit boxes that drones have it made her a nuisance and made her far too strong from a team perspective. She could simply go into the room at the same time as her teammates and spam shots nonstop to force defenders out of their spots AND still have enough shots to destroy everything on the map.

Now they are fixing that.

You mean the drone they said destroys only 1.4 gadgets on average per round?

Sorry, but there is little realism in situations where her drone destroys everything. Any half decent team destroys her drone in seconds.

This nerf is ridiculous and is justified by a fantasy.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You mean the drone they said destroys only 1.4 gadgets on average per round?

Sorry, but there is little realism in situations where her drone destroys everything. Any half decent team destroys her drone in seconds.

This nerf is ridiculous and is justified by a fantasy.

All that stat proves is that alot of people are terrible with Twitch.

My buddy Mike is a Twitch main. He gets most if not all cameras before the round even starts and then proceeds to harass and destroy as much as he can. When you are good and take your time with her she is a god that wipes entire operators off the map. Jaeger, Mute, Kapkan, Lesion, Mira, and Bandit are all essentially pointless if the enemy Twitch and her team has the slightest clue how to play.

Then after she is done getting the key gadgets out of the way for her team she still has enough rounds to spam shots at defenders in order to harass them out of their chosen positions.

Now you have to choose. Do you wanna destroy gadgets or do you wanna harass the enemy team. Its how it should have been all along.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this might be a console/PC difference thing because on PC twitch drones go down immediately when spotted. A good twitch has to be really sneaky and waste a lot of the round timer being sneaky to use it effectively. It's nowhere near the point that it needed this kind of nerf.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this might be a console/PC difference thing because on PC twitch drones go down immediately when spotted. A good twitch has to be really sneaky and waste a lot of the round timer being sneaky to use it effectively. It's nowhere near the point that it needed this kind of nerf.
Twitch never bothered any team I was on enough for me to think it needed any kind of nerf
Ps4 here
In fact 9/10 it's destroyed immediately

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Tonight I saw my K/D fall from 1.2 to 0.9.

Pissed as fuck. I shouldn't have played tonight but I couldn't stop dying and losing, ffs.

MikeSan

Oct 27, 2017
Liège, Belgium
The Ela and Ash nerf are ridiculously useless... Ela with 40 bullets will still be as dangerous as she is now, yesterday I ran out with her and killed 2 people and downed one without reloading....

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Is there ever sales on R6 credits?
Not since the game became popular. I jumped on a bundle of ~7000 R6 Credits when they were half price, have just under half left. Only bought the Room Elite and the Capitao headgear that was exclusive to R6 Credits which I got as a duplicate in a fucking Alpha Pack the other week. So I have no clue where the rest went which makes me salty...

So to answer your question, no they aren't ever really on sale unfortunately.

P.S Ubi support doesn't have any kind of record of in-game purchases apparently, in case anyone ever wonders. *Sigh*.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
• I'd rather they had buffed Mute / made him a viable alternative more often than nerf Bandit at all. I'd like to see the lingering effect of jammers after their destruction return, actually—which better enabled "Mute tricking." And taking away Bandit's third barbed wire piece is removing a unique feature of his (that he's had forever) which more or less directly contradicts what they said about giving vanilla characters more unique small abilites to match the newest DLC characters.

• I don't disagree that Twitch may have earned a mild nerf, and I think encouraging players to not use most of their taser ammo harassing defenders is a decent idea, but that reduction definitely and rather obviously seems too harsh. I would've preferred 7-10 and them taking a look at the F2. If the real purpose of this nerf was to make Dokkaebi a more appealing alternative to Twitch, like with Bandit & Mute, I'd have preferred they buffed Dokkaebi somehow instead—perhaps by giving her another charge of the Logic Bomb or increasing the volume of the phone vibration.

• I'm indifferent to Lesion's buff (as I am indifferent to Lesion as a [shitty] character [concept]), but I would really appreciate it if they fixed the animation to prompt sync for removing Gu needles. It's really, really, stupidly fucking jarring and infuriating to see your character pluck the needle from their leg without the circular prompt being completed.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I actually like the Twitch nerf. Getting poked for damage in the prep phase ever since the buff of the second drone has been annoying. Their reasoning kind of makes sense as well I just don't know that they really connected the dots with their explanation. 1.4 devices shot per round. Nerfing to 5 charges won't hurt that number at all. It will just discourage taking pot shots at players, which has always been kind of a stupid thing. But it's enough charges to take down some gadgets, or in a pinch finish off a downed defender.

I didn't think Lesion needed a buff but it's a pretty minor tweak anyway. I'm kind of surprised by that chart of kill percentages. I would have expected Gu kills to be a bit higher. I've seen plenty of rounds end on some sad sack low health of an operator instantly dying to a Gu as time is running out.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
• I don't disagree that Twitch may have earned a mild nerf, and I think encouraging players to not use most of their taser ammo harassing defenders is a decent idea, but that reduction definitely and rather obviously seems too harsh. I would've preferred 7-10 and them taking a look at the F2. If the real purpose of this nerf was to make Dokkaebi a more appealing alternative to Twitch, like with Bandit & Mute, I'd have preferred they buffed Dokkaebi somehow instead—perhaps by giving her another charge of the Logic Bomb or increasing the volume of the phone vibration.
How is Dokkibae an alternative to Twitch? I've really never thought of her that way

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
How is Dokkibae an alternative to Twitch? I've really never thought of her that way
They're both harrassers and secondary supports, although Dokkaebi is one more focused on gathering intel and Twitch is anti-intel and denial by destroying gadgetry. Although Dokkaebi is also anti-intel in a way, since the Logic Bomb denies defenders caught by it access to cameras until they reset their phones.

Last edited:

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
Just realized there was nothing about giving Thatcher a buff.

Goddammit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Just realized there was nothing about giving Thatcher a buff.

Goddammit.
I've seen and heard people ask about a Thatcher buff a number of times and I don't totally understand it. Thatcher is still the absolute best at what he does, right? If you want to destroy and disable gadgets in the most efficient manner, he's your man. Sure, you can be more efficient with your overall utility by bringing other characters with more fragging potential or an intel ability instead, but if you want ruthless efficiency when directly attacking? If you want the objective exposed to prying and pressure as soon as possible? Thatcher.

My guess is your desire for a Thatcher buff is a desire for a better counter to Grzmots, Gu, and EDDs, and not so much the weakness of the character himself. And if that's where it comes from I'm kind of skeptical. To elaborate: Thatcher's always been a very relevant character. While perhaps he's fallen slightly out of favor recently, he's still a relevant and competent pick. I'm just not sure if bolstering an old, solid character like that to counter new, strong weapons on defense is an optimal solution. I think they could easily make him too powerful... which has been a problem for him in the past.

Last edited:

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
Equipping him with one or two more EMPs and maybe more range to help out with thinning traps will not be harmful at all to the balance of the game. If anything, people will play smarter with their traps as I chuck lesions around all day and there is nothing the IQ-less enemy team can do but run into them and bait me out.

And how can they make Thatcher too powerful? Outside of being Thermite's buddy, anecdotally, he doesn't get much usage and there are clear reasons why. How many times have you seen people just use shock drones, Ash's grenade launcher, Zofia's grenades, frag grenades, and to a lesser extent, Hibana's charges (for removing ADS), to disable and deny gadgets near the objective?

Another one or two EMP grenades and maybe a slight range buff to penetrate some ceilings and it should be fine.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Equipping him with one or two more EMPs and maybe more range to help out with thinning traps will not be harmful at all to the balance of the game. If anything, people will play smarter with their traps as I chuck lesions around all day and there is nothing the IQ-less enemy team can do but run into them and bait me out.

And how can they make Thatcher too powerful? Outside of being Thermite's buddy, anecdotally, he doesn't get much usage and there are clear reasons why. How many times have you seen people just use shock drones, Ash's grenade launcher, Zofia's grenades, frag grenades, and to a lesser extent, Hibana's charges (for removing ADS), to disable and deny gadgets near the objective?

Another one or two EMP grenades and maybe a slight range buff to penetrate some ceilings and it should be fine.
If you give him more emp grendaes Bandit will need like 5 more batteries

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal

Thatcher still sees a fair amount of play at the competitive level (from November 2017), and those are the statistics I value the most, since pros typically play characters first because they will help them win, not for superficial or recreational reasons. Thatcher's never seen a very large of amount of play in public matchmaking, which I attribute to (based on anecdotes and my own experience) him simply not being the most fun to play even though he's strong. I usually try to rationalize my stances on balance based on pro stats first, public stats second (or what public stats I can find), anecdotes third, and finally but not least fun factor. If a change, whether it be a nerf or a buff, makes the game less fun or interesting—even though it may mend the balance—I support finding a different solution to the issue.
If you give him more emp grendaes Bandit will need like 5 more batteries
This too. Consider how a buff for Thatcher to counter [some] strong trappers will affect characters with more supportive gadgets, like Bandit, Mute, & Jäger, who don't really need that kind of indirect nerf right now.

I don't think simply making Thatcher stronger would tune the balance in a very helpful way or make him much more fun to play.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Maybe widen the EMP area of the granades, even if it means it can impact teammates too as a balance
That would make it impossibly harder to counter the Bandit trick. Thatcher would accidentally eat Thermite's charges before Bandit's batteries' zap anything. I believe EMPs impacting friendlies would be a pretty damn significant nerf, and definitely one offsetting a minor buff to their range.

Although, I've always wanted to see a toggle for all gadgets effecting friendlies in the Tactical Realism Mode of custom games. I think that'd be fun.