• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to say about the Twitch nerf, or what message the devs are communicating - in a meta where we have 4 Ela mines (often inaccessible), 5 Kapkan traps, 7 Lesion mines, smoke canisters, C4 explosives, on top of Blackeye cams and Frost traps, you're saying that Twitch is too much for that?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Twitch Nerf is just bizarre. That graph posted earlier showing kills from the drone isn't meaningful. Basically it's just taking in account how many injured people we're finished off by the drone. Don't see the number going way down if a drone is available with charges.

Thatcher is fine I feel. I play him a decent amount and one grenade can take out multiple gadgets at once. 3 can completely cover some objective rooms and part of a connecting room.

Anyone wish mute could place gadgets on walls? Would it be too difficult for them to program radius of the mute if you could? I'm thinking if you place on a wall it could help with some ceiling hatches that are out of range from the floor.

Oct 25, 2017
That would make it impossibly harder to counter the Bandit trick. Thatcher would accidentally eat Thermite's charges before Bandit's batteries' zap anything. I believe EMPs impacting friendlies would be a pretty damn significant nerf, and definitely one offsetting a minor buff to their range.

Although, I've always wanted to see a toggle for all gadgets effecting friendlies in the Tactical Realism Mode of custom games. I think that'd be fun.
we've had a lot of fun countering the bandit trick lately, when the map allows it.

If there is a drone hole near the wall that needs destroyed...enter Capitau

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I did the bandit thing but I'm bad at it and it blew up in my face.

Capitao is such a good counter for a lot of tricks. Guy with a deployable shield in the corner, easy. Person lying prone with a nice angle, easy. I think the gun buff is good but they could make the bolt a little more flexible in its radius.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to Bandit trick against a team that knows how to counter them. It's just that most attacking teams are really bad at knowing how.

Easiest way to get me off of Bandit tricking is to threaten the Bandit tricking area. On Consulate Cafeteria/Garage, hit the floor above the garage or send someone to stairs to peek the angle. On Chalet Snowmobile Garage, taking control of Blue Tunnel or making holes in Bar will give you angles on the garage door. On Border Armory if they're trying to Bandit trick the balcony you can literally just shoot the Bandit through the floor beneath him.

Otherwise the best way to counter Bandit tricking is to get gadget removal + something that will kill Bandit or cancel his animation. If the Bandit doesn't have shock wire up (most Bandit tricking places have a drone hole you can exploit) you can literally toss a frag inside and Thermite the side of the wall close to the drone hole. Otherwise, gadget destruction (Twitch or Thatcher usually) + Capitao/Zofia/Stun grenades (these won't actually cancel the animation but it'll make it so that the Bandit can't see or hear) usually works.

Or just bring a Thatcher, then Hibana between two reinforced panels (2 pellets on one panel, 4 pellets on the other). Bandit can't cover both sides at once, and then there's a small hole to kill him if he tries to Bandit trick more.

That being said, most Bandits are really bad at Bandit tricking at around Gold level, so you can probably be sloppy with one of those methods and still breach.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's really hard to Bandit trick against a team that knows how to counter them. It's just that most attacking teams are really bad at knowing how.

Easiest way to get me off of Bandit tricking is to threaten the Bandit tricking area. On Consulate Cafeteria/Garage, hit the floor above the garage or send someone to stairs to peek the angle. On Chalet Snowmobile Garage, taking control of Blue Tunnel or making holes in Bar will give you angles on the garage door. On Border Armory if they're trying to Bandit trick the balcony you can literally just shoot the Bandit through the floor beneath him.

Otherwise the best way to counter Bandit tricking is to get gadget removal + something that will kill Bandit or cancel his animation. If the Bandit doesn't have shock wire up (most Bandit tricking places have a drone hole you can exploit) you can literally toss a frag inside and Thermite the side of the wall close to the drone hole. Otherwise, gadget destruction (Twitch or Thatcher usually) + Capitao/Zofia/Stun grenades (these won't actually cancel the animation but it'll make it so that the Bandit can't see or hear) usually works.

Or just bring a Thatcher, then Hibana between two reinforced panels (2 pellets on one panel, 4 pellets on the other). Bandit can't cover both sides at once, and then there's a small hole to kill him if he tries to Bandit trick more.

That being said, most Bandits are really bad at Bandit tricking at around Gold level, so you can probably be sloppy with one of those methods and still breach.

It's one of those cheeky things that can be effective but countered pretty easily.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have seen people saying that Twitch is nowhere near as bad as she was when the game first started, I think maybe though the drone should be able to jump.

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Zofia, I'm playing her a ton, but it's just me or something but I can't really get my grenades through holes in barricades? Sometimes I break a piece big enough for frag grenades, but not Zofia's.

I also blind myself so many times I'm worried I suck at her lol sometimes the angle feels right, but it just comes back. And other times it explodes in my face too easily

Mike_Hawk

Oct 30, 2017
Losing 0-3 to tying the game 3-3. Piece of shit jager starts shield glitching. Sometimes I wish I was able to ban assholes from the game.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I am so beyond done with this bullshit practice of Diamond rank losers making smurf accounts and then completely destroying the balance in the lower rankings.

Just got out of a match where 2 players on the other team were CLEARLY smurf accounts and combined they got 19 kills between them as they drummed my team 4 rounds in a row.

Should be a bannable offense.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone wish mute could place gadgets on walls? Would it be too difficult for them to program radius of the mute if you could? I'm thinking if you place on a wall it could help with some ceiling hatches that are out of range from the floor.

If they ever refresh Mute with a mid-season balance update, this would probably be the change.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Radius is already in the game. On Oregon, you can put a Mute jammer right underneath the Laundry hatch to block Thermite/Hibana from breaching it.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Zs11d86.jpg

Makes a difference?

Good

gogogo

Neanderthal

Gogogorainbowsixsiege2

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I am so beyond done with this bullshit practice of Diamond rank losers making smurf accounts and then completely destroying the balance in the lower rankings.
this is what I tell my teammates when we're facing an apparent smurf or known Diamond carrying our opponents
Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds. On a suicide mission.

[...]

With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight:

We. Will. Kill Him.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I put this game down for a while and now I'm trying to get back into it.

Holy hell, is it frustrating. I feel like I rarely get kills now.

Any advice?

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Both. Casual is usually a team killing shit show.
Well, it's normal. You need to get those fingers muscles back at it again. So take it easy mate till you get back your form. Happened to me before! I left the game for 2 months right after Operation Health finished, came back to Theme Park and Tower, got destroyed every game and then I got my shit back.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Here's the ace. Sadly the Xbox records only 2 mins max on 1080p and 5 mins max on 720p. Just figured it out from the capture settings.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on pc have an issue where the game locks up but you can still here audio and people talking (even aknowledge that you dissconnected) then after about 30-45 seconds you get a connection error and it kicks you out? Keeps happening making ranked unplayable for me. I have everything port forwarded that I possibly can.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, they buffed Lesion, but nerfed Twitch?

This team in charge of making these decisions are such clowns sometimes.

I main Lesion and he is pretty overpowered as is. This will be great for me, but that much worse for attackers. Trying to find a lesion drone, let alone a few is rather difficult, especially for a the average player.

and top it off with taking away well over half of Twitch's shock drones shots. Her drone did need to have less shots, but not down to 5 per. Guess we'll see how that plays out.

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
uh8tBM1.jpg

Don't know if anyone noticed, but according to the official schedule for the Invitational, we'll get to know about he new operators and Outbreak (with demo) next month

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I'd like a three-armor Attacker who rides a horse and wields a cutlass

and I'd like a three-speed Defender who runs on walls and has a katana

thx

they're good ideas, I know

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Ok gonna try to organise some games on PC to get our discord group rolling today. We've got a large number of people in there but for some reason it's not active.

So what I'll do is ask here if people are up for ranked games today (anytime today). Just quote me and I'll ping you all. If we get more than 5 then we'll just have another party up and running.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Twitch drone is that the taser is wonky, so many times you'd have the aim on point but it would not register the hit and you'd effectively waste the shot. Especially annoying for small targets like the canisters on Mira's window, and once you miss you have essentially told everyone that you are around and will be coming back for it and when you do you would stay still to shoot it in order to not miss again making you an even more easy target.

The "twitch drone is stealthy" argument is bs because the drone can't jump, it's huge and once you fire the first shot everyone knows exactly where your drone is and especially on PC (or on consoles with KB/m) it's super easy to get rid of drones quick.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
The problem with Twitch drone is that the taser is wonky, so many times you'd have the aim on point but it would not register the hit and you'd effectively waste the shot. Especially annoying for small targets like the canisters on Mira's window, and once you miss you have essentially told everyone that you are around and will be coming back for it and when you do you would stay still to shoot it in order to not miss again making you an even more easy target.

The "twitch drone is stealthy" argument is bs because the drone can't jump, it's huge and once you fire the first shot everyone knows exactly where your drone is and especially on PC (or on consoles with KB/m) it's super easy to get rid of drones quick.

I support the drop in ammo. But I think her speed should increase slightly.

OR

actually have a loadout for the twitch drone. 15 shots + slow, 5 shots + fast, etc..

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I just had like a 3 1/2 hour session with this awesome group of randoms in casual. None of us knew each other but we kept sticking as a team. Omg. It was so fucking fun. I love it when this happens.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
GTFO Casey. This is Siege not Onimusha xD
Don't tell me you'd not like to see a breaching charge go off followed by a cavalryman charging in the objective with his mare at full speed. And honestly, I think the buff Tachanka needs is actually making him a horse-drawn machine gun wagon. The inclusion of horses everywhere—on offense & defense—would definitely improve the game.

Regarding the defender, I think a character like that would really shake up the meta in a positive way. Everyone's always talking about run-outs this, run-outs that, run-out there.

"Watch out for that run-out!"

"Place a claymore on that run-out spot."

"Crap, he ran out on me!"

But what if we had run-ups and run-downs too?

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Don't tell me you'd not like to see a breaching charge go off followed by a cavalryman charging in the objective with his mare at full speed. And honestly, I think the buff Tachanka needs is actually making him a horse-drawn machine gun wagon. The inclusion of horses everywhere—on offense & defense—would definitely improve the game.

Regarding the defender, I think a character like that would really shake up the meta in a positive way. Everyone's always talking about run-outs this, run-outs that, run-out there.

"Watch out for that run-out!"

"Place a claymore on that run-out spot."

"Crap, he ran out on me!"

But what if we had run-ups and run-downs too?
Defenders running out for you is easier than Attackers running in. Unless we kill one and use Dokkaebi's phone hack to access defenders cams so we can run in comfortably.