• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Note to self, you can blow up walls with a shotgun to kill someone hiding in a corner with a shield.

WELP.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
orcagts7xna01.jpg

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first cav interrogation floorbang headshot today, felt good. Took out a pair in the bar in the club house, saw the zofia was watching for me the other way in the stairwell just outside of it, interrogated her, then capped sledge downstairs in 1 shot to the dome.

I suck so badly at this game, but fuck it does a good job of making you feel awesome when you do something right.

Oct 27, 2017
Any one want to squad up for PC sometime this weekend? I just went from Gold 1 to Silver 1 today lmao. Kept saying to myself "the next one will be better" lol

I wish in-game mic worked though. It stopped working after Blood Orchid. I've done quite a few of the fixes as well.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I officially give up on tolerating randoms and their bullcrap in ranked. Teamkilling sucks, but its apparently all I have left now.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I officially give up on tolerating randoms and their bullcrap in ranked. Teamkilling sucks, but its apparently all I have left now.

Sometimes random ranked is worse than casual, this evening I played a random ranked and three of the team were playing as Recruit and team-killed the other player and myself who had picked operators, ended up losing the match and lost a rank position.

If you get team-killed you should score 1000 points or something and if you get vote-kicked from a game (and you have not team-killed) you should still get a amount of points for being kicked depending on the criteria.

Does this site have a team that has entered any of these competitions? or anyone a member here taking part or has done-so in the past?

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Cant say Im excited for this patch preview. Ela's nerf is a joke, and there aren't any meaningful buffs/nerfs to operators like Castle, or Tachanka, etc.

Still feel Castle should at least block Fuze, and that he needs to be invulnerable to Zofia, and resist 1 Ash round. And Tachanka...well they just need to stop half assing him because that dude is always going to be an easy counter, so they may as well make him an absolutely powerful anchor.

I also want Echo and Vigil to get buffs. Echo's drone is way too vulnerable and inconsistent (when trying to stick it to ceilings), and Vigil is too damn garbage thanks to his stupidly obvious jammer effect.

I play Castle effectively very often (Ranked). But he's useless on windows, and is way too easily countered, especially now that Zofia exists. Id really just like for him to be strong.

I stopped playing Siege lately for a couple of reasons:

-I play PC games more now and I cant stand going back to PS4 (and am not going to rebuy the game for PC with all the missing operators)
-I hate smurfs
-I hate Ela
-I hate the stale ranked maps and miss the ones not in the rotation. Including Favela.
-Casual is no fun due to the toxic player

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
There's something seriously wrong with the kick mechanic
Round 2 coming out of round 1
4 kills 1 assist

Gets kicked because the entire team rushed the objective and got killed and I couldn't clutch a 1v5

Deleted member 11934

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still feel Castle should at least block Fuze, and that he needs to be invulnerable to Zofia, and resist 1 Ash round.
Basically at lower levels he's going to dominate just about every match, since I've experienced plenty of times early on where I end up 1 vs 5 or even 2 vs 5 and coulnd't breach shit.

Invulnerable to 1 Ash round is OP (doesn't she like, have 2 rounds already?)

There's something seriously wrong with the kick mechanic
Round 2 coming out of round 1
4 kills 1 assist

Gets kicked because the entire team rushed the objective and got killed and I couldn't clutch a 1v5

People who team up with others and you're the 5th random can be a fucking pain the ass

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Basically at lower levels he's going to dominate just about every match, since I've experienced plenty of times early on where I end up 1 vs 5 or even 2 vs 5 and coulnd't breach shit.

Invulnerable to 1 Ash round is OP (doesn't she like, have 2 rounds already?)

People who team up with others and you're the 5th random can be a fucking pain the ass

Alright, alright, I got a little overzealous. I just hate Ash in every round instantly destroying my castle windows. If there's one thing I hate in this game, it's seeing Ash chosen every round. Im so sick of her, and now Ela, who is in every defender game because she is too stupidly important not to be picked.

I dont get how Siege creates a perfect operator like Mira, and then adds such a moronically designed operator like Ela.

Ash still needs a nerf because I cant stand Ash peeking combined with her speed and head size, which is what a lot of people play her for. If we saw some proper tuning to operators like Ash, maybe Castle would have a chance.

Alternatively, they can just give Castle an extra barricade and Fuze/Zofia resistance and call it a day. Having both Zofia and Ash on the team is hell for Castle, who is easily countered by way too many options as is.

Actually, I still think Castle resisting Ash and Zofia is fine. It's not as bad as you think when you consider how many operators counter Castle. Hibana, Sledge, IQ, Capitao, Glaz, any op with breaches has an opportunity to counter, as well as Fuze. Castle is pretty much an accomplice of Fuze.

One of my favourite suggestions is allowing Castle to barricade on top of a wooden barricade, thereby concealing his wall and punishing attackers for wasting time or not collecting proper intel. But they've shot down this idea.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, alright, I got a little overzealous. I just hate Ash in every round instantly destroying my castle windows. If there's one thing I hate in this game, it's seeing Ash chosen every round. Im so sick of her, and now Ela, who is in every defender game because she is too stupidly important not to be picked.

I dont get how Siege creates a perfect operator like Mira, and then adds such a moronically designed operator like Ela.

Ash still needs a nerf because I cant stand Ash peeking combined with her speed and head size, which is what a lot of people play her for. If we saw some proper tuning to operators like Ash, maybe Castle would have a chance.

Alternatively, they can just give Castle an extra barricade and Fuze/Zofia resistance and call it a day. Having both Zofia and Ash on the team is hell for Castle, who is easily countered by way too many options as is.

Actually, I still think Castle resisting Ash and Zofia is fine. It's not as bad as you think when you consider how many operators counter Castle. Hibana, Sledge, IQ, Capitao, Glaz, any op with breaches has an opportunity to counter, as well as Fuze. Castle is pretty much an accomplice of Fuze.

One of my favourite suggestions is allowing Castle to barricade on top of a wooden barricade, thereby concealing his wall and punishing attackers for wasting time or not collecting proper intel. But they've shot down this idea.
It gets a bit hard to counter him though - constantly having to guess if enemies are picking him, or else you're staying outside. More barricades maybe okay, but it might make it suck for teammates (seen lower levels Castles just turning rooms into killing machines).

I think they need to make 3-speed operators a liiitle bit slower, since right now they feel like they go into hyperspace.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
This might be the worst mid season patch they've done. The Ela nerf is not going to touch her dominance and the Ash nerf is basically nothing. The Twitch changes seem nonsensical by their own data and now they are talking about nerfing the Famas next. No fix for dropshotting or bringing back maps like Yacht. The real only thing I am looking forward to is the Para buff to make Capitao playable again.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Never got why dropshotting was an issue with people. It is really easy to counter and predict.

Because it doesnt fit the game at all. They can prefire while aiming down sights and prone without any accuracy lost. It needs to go and they see a problem in it, should be an easy fix, just have it so if you are aiming down sights and prone, you drop out of ads automatically.

Oct 27, 2017
Because it doesnt fit the game at all. They can prefire while aiming down sights and prone without any accuracy lost. It needs to go and they see a problem in it, should be an easy fix, just have it so if you are aiming down sights and prone, you drop out of ads automatically.
Define "fit this game at all". In general this game is very goofy, even if it is tactical orientated.

I don't see it getting fixed any time soon as they have been saying it since year 1. I've just learned to always expect it and try to predict it.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Define "fit this game at all". In general this game is very goofy, even if it is tactical orientated.

I don't see it getting fixed any time soon as they have been saying it since year 1. I've just learned to always expect it and try to predict it.

The game is goofy, but its not call of duty. Dropshotting fits that game because its fast paced and accuracy isn't necessary. Rainbow is slower paced, more grounded, armor, speed matter. When you can aim down sights and go prone without any penalty, it doesn't fit the game that punishes you for similar actions.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
The game is goofy, but its not call of duty. Dropshotting fits that game because its fast paced and accuracy isn't necessary. Rainbow is slower paced, more grounded, armor, speed matter. When you can aim down sights and go prone without any penalty, it doesn't fit the game that punishes you for similar actions.
Agreed. Drop-shotters are scum of the earth, and everytime I get drop-shotted, it immediately takes me out of the experience. It does not fit Siege at all. Remove ADS while going prone is such as easy, tick-of-the-box fix that will immediately improve my enjoyment of the game.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. Drop-shotters are scum of the earth, and everytime I get drop-shotted, it immediately takes me out of the experience. It does not fit Siege at all. Remove ADS while going prone is such as easy, tick-of-the-box fix that will immediately improve my enjoyment of the game.

I didn't know dropshotting was possible in R6, so yeah, I agree it needs to go if people have found out it creates an advantage. One of the things I like about R6 is the lack of bunny-hopping, dropshotting, bullshit.

If I want to see idiots jumping or diving all over, I'll go play CoD or FortniteBR.

babe

Nov 12, 2017
I didn't know dropshotting was possible in R6, so yeah, I agree it needs to go if people have found out it creates an advantage. One of the things I like about R6 is the lack of bunny-hopping, dropshotting, bullshit.

If I want to see idiots jumping or diving all over, I'll go play CoD or FortniteBR.

i too hate fun things in my ultraserious black squad knock off

Oct 27, 2017
The dropshotting issue isn't even close as bad as it is in CoD. And the pace of this game is constantly changing (with play styles and changing meta).

They must not like the effect that everyone's "checkbox fixes" do or else they would have implemented it by now. Imo they are probably are just going to keep ADS and just cut the accuracy (finding the balance to that is key though).

I get everyone's grip with it and I don't care of it myself but it is what it is. Always expect it in a 1v1 and with an Ash/Twitch.

Dropshotting has been in Siege since Alpha.

Dropshotting isn't that bad just aim better
Partially true. People just need to try to predict and/or capitalize on the flaws and mistakes that a dropshotter does.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
You guys act like dropshotting is nothing and super easy to counter when you say just "aim better" or "predict it" and a "good player" will be able to counter it easily. If that really were the case then you wouldn't have high plats and diamonds dropshotting all the time when playing against other people their skill level. If there's one thing I've noticed it's that the closer you get to diamond rank wise (so plat 2/plat1) the more dropshotters you come across, why is it that the better players are dropshotting if it was so much easier for better playersdto counter it? Try predicting and aiming better when you have an SMG with holo/reflx sight as a defender and an Ash drop shots you from 50 feet away with an ACOG, at which range she becomes a tiny target for an SMG without an ACOG. Yes you can still kill her but it's far easier for her to kill you because you aren't as tiny of a target for her as she is for you due to the scope, distance and body position.

The reason why drop shotting feels silly in Siege is that this is a game where your aim gets affected due to your body position/movement, why do you think your aim/look direction gets interrupted when vaulting? There is a certain ingame logic to certain things and they are the way they are for balancing purpose. But dropshotting is one move that isn't affected by it. A simple thing such as pulling out of ADS when changing from prone to crouch/stand would be enough to prevent abuse of drop shotting while still allowing people to sort of do it in certain situations, rather than have it be there in all situations.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
I didn't know you can embed xboxdvr. Time to use it more now.

(yes I'm a dropshot peasant)

I strongly believe that Ela will be nerfed once more after this patch or at least tweaked ever so slightly. The things I've been seeing her do lately is so insane, Jager would be jealous.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know you can embed xboxdvr. Time to use it more now.

(yes I'm a dropshot peasant)

I strongly believe that Ela will be nerfed once more after this patch or at least tweaked ever so slightly. The things I've been seeing her do lately is so insane, Jager would be jealous.

Her gun was nerfed before for a short time but then they buffed it again without mentioning it.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips on how to land all the god like headshots from miles away with full auto weapons? I just don't get it, man. I feel like I get my head blown off .5 seconds into every engagement from every range. Every 1 out of 10 engagements I get the lucky recoil pattern that magically lands my bullets in their face but the rest of the time it's me eating the pavement.

Playing on PC.

Oct 27, 2017
There is a certain ingame logic to certain things and they are the way they are for balancing purpose. But dropshotting is one move that isn't affected by it. A simple thing such as pulling out of ADS when changing from prone to crouch/stand would be enough to prevent abuse of drop shotting while still allowing people to sort of do it in certain situations, rather than have it be there in all situations.
We all know about the ingame logic but like i said before, they much not be satisfied on what these "easy checkbox fixes" do to the flow of the game (or maybe it breaks the ingame logic a bit) or else it would have be implemented by now.

Imo, i'm more irritated at the POV placement than dropshotting.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Her gun was nerfed before for a short time but then they buffed it again without mentioning it.
I didn't catch that at all.

I do think she will be getting nerfed again. Not necessarily the Blackbeard treatment, but just constant tweaks. From the patch notes, it sounds like they want her to be able to take on multiple people, so it is probably why they aren't doing anything big to her.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on how to land all the god like headshots from miles away with full auto weapons? I just don't get it, man. I feel like I get my head blown off .5 seconds into every engagement from every range. Every 1 out of 10 engagements I get the lucky recoil pattern that magically lands my bullets in their face but the rest of the time it's me eating the pavement.

Playing on PC.

It's hard to say just going off of your description alone, it could be a huge number of things. Can you post a clip or something?

Things that come to mind: How's your crosshair placement? Are you slow-peeking (crouch-peeking) or exposing too much of your body?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Thoughts on an operator named decoy. Figuring he'd be best for defense.

Places some gadgets around map and then he can send sound signals to the enemy. Variation of ability would be what the sound does. I think the second bullet point is most likely. 3 uses after the deploying 4 of the gadgets.
  • Creates noises to make enemy think someone is approaching or nearby
  • If in close proximity of gadgets the sound causes temporary loss of in game sound where you only hear a tone.
  • Old days before party chat it hacks into opposition chat allowing to hear their comms.
What other gadgets do we feel they could bring in that would fit but be unique or different.