• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
With Overwatch and Destiny 2 in the list of nomination, I don't think Siege will win a vote based award.

Also they should not keep games released this year, and literally 2 months ago, in that award category.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I think two months is a suitable timeframe to assess if something is worthy of GOTY. Siege btw, was released on Dec 1 ;)

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Defender Korean image leaked.

Dude looks cool af

n37kgq1r95yz.png

Proving the rumour true that he can seemingly be invisible to drones

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017
Got tons of renown left for the new operators, so I bought Blackbeard for the heck of it. I usually hate peeking windows while rappelling because I'm so paranoid defenders will instalock my head, but playing him makes doing it feel so liberating. If I have people playing the utility operators I play (Thermite/Thatcher), I think I'll stick to Buck in ranked though, as I love having the being able to open up walls and still having frags. On that note, wish more people played Thatcher, because Hibana is pretty popular and the Twitch randoms I play with can't seem to keep their drones alive/unmuted.

Hoping for some good headset and controller deals this Black Friday. Been using the OG controller and mic, so I really want to be able to actually hear things without having to blast my friends with noise.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got tons of renown left for the new operators, so I bought Blackbeard for the heck of it. I usually hate peeking windows while rappelling because I'm so paranoid defenders will instalock my head, but playing him makes doing it feel so liberating. If I have people playing the utility operators I play (Thermite/Thatcher), I think I'll stick to Buck in ranked though, as I love having the being able to open up walls and still having frags. On that note, wish more people played Thatcher, because Hibana is pretty popular and the Twitch randoms I play with can't seem to keep their drones alive/unmuted.

Hoping for some good headset and controller deals this Black Friday. Been using the OG controller and mic, so I really want to be able to actually hear things without having to blast my friends with noise.

I love peeking the tops of windows while rappelling. People don't usually pre-aim there, and you can get good angles on enemies and gadgets.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
People who pick Thermite and then go peek the only door to the objective instead of blowing up the walls on the easiest objectives possible annoy me to no extent. Like why are you playing Thermite if you wanna do that? Just play Blackbeard or Glaz if you want to peek a door.

There was this dude in Oregon and the site was Kitchen and that other area next to small tower, dude spent the entire match peeking that stupid door to that other door from construction instead of going in and blowing up a whole for everyone to use. Then ofcourse by the time he's like "Oh what do you want me to do?" the small tower is already occupied and just so it happens because it's so late in the game people start pushing in from stupid locations and get interrogated, right when I'm going up the window to wall bang the dude in small tower. Just an example of how one man can fuck up the entire team.

If you're playing Thermite then don't do shit until you open up atleast one door/hatch and do it asap, then do whatever the fuck you want.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
People who pick Thermite and then go peek the only door to the objective instead of blowing up the walls on the easiest objectives possible annoy me to no extent. Like why are you playing Thermite if you wanna do that? Just play Blackbeard or Glaz if you want to peek a door.

There was this dude in Oregon and the site was Kitchen and that other area next to small tower, dude spent the entire match peeking that stupid door to that other doom from construction instead of going in and blowing up a whole for everyone to use. Then ofcourse by the time he's like "Oh what do you want me to do?" the small tower is already occupied and just so it happens because it's so late in the game people start pushing in from stupid locations and get interrogated, right when I'm going up the window to wall bang the dude in small tower. Just an example of how one man can fuck up the entire team.

If you're playing Thermite then don't do shit until you open up atleast one door/hatch and do it asap, then do whatever the fuck you want.
truth
and that's why I don't recommend Thermite to noobs

L337FOX

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando FL

There was this dude in Oregon and the site was Kitchen and that other area next to small tower, dude spent the entire match peeking that stupid door to that other doom from construction instead of going in and blowing up a whole for everyone to use. Then ofcourse by the time he's like "Oh what do you want me to do?" the small tower is already occupied and just so it happens because it's so late in the game people start pushing in from stupid locations and get interrogated, right when I'm going up the window to wall bang the dude in small tower. Just an example of how one man can fuck up the entire team.

Worse when you pick Thatcher to try and help him out, and he gets window peeked before even setting foot near OBJ.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
This dude I'm talking about was level 91, I mean I get it that you are pro MLG shooter who can 1v1 but dude just do the job.

There was this other match in Oregon, I called out "Guys there's a Kapkan trap by the main door over laundry and by the classroom window" before the round started. Then I called it out once more as soon as the drone phase ended, then when the match started I called it out a 3rd time and this time with pings.

The result? Ash goes through classroom window while I'm telling her there's a trap, then Fuze goes through the main door while I'm telling him there's another trap...for the 4th time !

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017

And this is another reason I often feel obligated to play Thermite. Entire games can be won or lost depending on how open attackers can force objective to be, and if your sole source of taking out reinforced obstacles dies then good luck dealing with entrenched defenders with Jaeger ADS and traps. It can be done, it's just immensely more obnoxious. And not much gets me more frustrated in game then playing Thatcher and watching Thermite try to lone wolf it while we're all waiting by the obvious reinforcement (House garage).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Now more than ever it's important to open up these walls because the normal doors are full of traps.

Btw I've basically only played Lesion the past 2 days in defense, all I do with his traps is to use them as a detector of where the enemy is rather than anything else. Allows me to roam so well because, and he's also so good for watching corners because you can throw a trap and pop out the moment your trap is activated and you know exactly where to shoot.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I listen to my teammates and call out as well as I can but I don't know the best strats for every operator yet so sometimes I just wing it. Usually use Twitch while attacking and Kapkan while defending if they're not taken, they're not too complicated.

I don't have any of the season 1 or 2 operators yet :( finally got 25k renown but I'm going to see how the new ones look before unlocking anyone.

Oct 25, 2017
Now more than ever it's important to open up these walls because the normal doors are full of traps.

Btw I've basically only played Lesion the past 2 days in defense, all I do with his traps is to use them as a detector of where the enemy is rather than anything else. Allows me to roam so well because, and he's also so good for watching corners because you can throw a trap and pop out the moment your trap is activated and you know exactly where to shoot.

I usually do a quick 2 count after it pops, just enough that they feel safe enough to pull the thorn.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really bothered by the number of traps combined with the round time in ranked. They've substantially increased the ability of defenders to slow attackers but you have like 2 minutes to win the round. All the tools besides thatcher are for methodically navigating the traps but I don't think the current round length lends itself to that.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I miss Siege. Probably getting back soon to the game but I need to prepare my soul once again for all the madness

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I think Lesion traps are fine in terms of damage, all they do is tickle. It's more of a problem of the Lesion is using the traps as markers to locate your position. But for going inside a room I think it's one of the tamer traps. The problematic traps imo are Kaplan with his invisible lasers and particularly Ela. The problem with her traps are that they could go anywhere be it ceiling or even some small corner and have the full effect rather than get blocked by objects in between the player and the mine or have the intensity get reduced with distance (i.e. max at epicentre and weakest at the edge of the radius)

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kapkan traps are fine. They're always placed in predictable spots, so if I get hit by one it's usually my fault (or there's 10 seconds left on the timer). Ela's traps, however, are stupid. Ela's gun is stupid. Ela's stupid.

Also, I'd be down for doing a PC custom on Saturday, but I can't guarantee I'll be on Nooblet .

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
He does look really cool, I hope the mask is always equipped! Or at least make it a costume option (like Buck) I dunno. 2 Speed or another 3 speed? Being invisible to drones has implications as both a roamer and an anchor.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
His outfit looks a lot like the Shadow Moses Sneaking Suit to me.

JgYAaBZ.png

I think it's based on it in reference to his stealthy ability. Wouldn't be the first piece of Metal Gear influence in the game.

Last edited:

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Thermite is still breach king. Hibana is a great Op but there is no substitute for the sheer amount of angles you can provide for the team as Thermite. They just need to sort his gadget out. Claymores is fine but his other option should be smokes or breach charges again.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I think Kapkan traps are fine. They're always placed in predictable spots, so if I get hit by one it's usually my fault (or there's 10 seconds left on the timer). Ela's traps, however, are stupid. Ela's gun is stupid. Ela's stupid.

Also, I'd be down for doing a PC custom on Saturday, but I can't guarantee I'll be on Nooblet .

Agreed about Ela's gadget and her weapon. The former I think, could be perhaps be mitigated with an audio cue, similar to how an experienced player probably won't vault through a window if they hear a nitro cell's been placed.

As for her weapon; I know a bit about guns but wouldn't call myself an expert but... does the little magazine in that Skorpion really hold 50 rounds? I think that's the main problem; Mira also has a high rate of fire smg but it's offset by it's magazine capacity. If you hear her spraying with it you know she'll need to reload it very soon. The Skorpion allows Ela to let the rate of fire do all the work when prefiring for example. As she doesn't need to reload as much she's much better at holding an angle.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
And, finally 3rd operator teaser. The rumours have lined up perfectly. This attacker is able to emit a noise from defender gadgets. Or perhaps from defender's cellphones itself, which would either make her a superior IQ or Jackal.

Im personally hoping she can be like IQ because we need more electronic counters, and Jackal already is underwhelming.

IQ herself should get tweaked to be able to temporarily disable electronics. That would allow both of them to be viable.

I think Lesion traps are fine in terms of damage, all they do is tickle. It's more of a problem of the Lesion is using the traps as markers to locate your position. But for going inside a room I think it's one of the tamer traps. The problematic traps imo are Kaplan with his invisible lasers and particularly Ela. The problem with her traps are that they could go anywhere be it ceiling or even some small corner and have the full effect rather than get blocked by objects in between the player and the mine or have the intensity get reduced with distance (i.e. max at epicentre and weakest at the edge of the radius)

I agree, Lesion is fine, but I feel like removing his intel ability would make him far less threatening.

I like invisible Kapkan traps. The issue is that with so many new trappers, his ability can be annoying since he has 5 of them. Still, I like Kapkan's buff.

To me, Ela is definitely the most annoying. I think her traps should definitely come with a trigger delay, or a radius reduction. And her weapon still absolutely needs to be toned down.

I think it's wrong that she gets such effective traps while Echo gets a lame ass dizzying effect that requires way too much teamwork to coordinate.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said one of the problems with Ela's traps are that they don't take occlusion into account. So say you can throw a trap in between a crevice like space, realistically the concussion wave should only be able to travel through the opening of that crevice rather than affect everything in a radius but since it's a game that's fine but because there is no timer with the trap and that the radius is so huge it becomes problematic. You see people throwing the traps in all sorts of places that'd be impossible to counter unless with an emp and there are only 3 emps but there can be 10+ traps in a map, plus you would also want emp for breaching.

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I wanna buy this game, is it really filled with cheaters? Which pack should I buy on this (its on sale right now) if I want a good experience to start with?