• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
These look as good as, or nearly as good as, the ones that Blur were contracted to do for the games launch. This isn't their work though, is it?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Hello there!

It seems that the game is having a free weekend and is on sale on Xbox One, how's the population on Xbox?
It consistently sits amongst the top played games on the platform. It's very active.
What do you mean "good place"? A good place for players or a good place for cheaters? Sorry for my english
The game has a pretty effective anti-cheat system called Battleye. There isn't a lot of cheaters.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Which version should I buy?
Any edition but Starter is a better deal. (Standard or Gold)

Personally, I'm not super anti Starter Edition, but if you get it and like the game, you're most likely going to want more characters.

With the Starter Ed. it takes exponentially more time to unlock characters using the currency obtainable in-game, and you only start with 3-4, 2 of which are chosen for you when you boot the game for the first time.

You cannot upgrade the Starter Edition. You can only purchase characters individually or in packs, which will cost you more in the long run than in the other editions no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...huh. I have some paypal money sitting around. This is tempting, since the Year 2 pass is 33% off already.
Wnf183w.png

The exact price!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Friendly reminder that it's

Cav - ā - ra or Cav - ĕ - ra

Not Cav - ee a - ra

It's E-I not I-E. The 'i' is silent.

Caveira.

It sounds like our website!

Not Caviar...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Rainbow Six: Siege is Free-to-Play this weekend X1/PS4/PC (+Sale)
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/...age_EN--ID5172092559361152017082422532914038-
Xbox will start on November 15, 2017 at 11:00pm PST, and will end on November 19, 2017 at 11:00pm PST
PS4 will start on November 16, 2017 at 5:00am PST, and will end on November 20, 2017 at 5:00am PST
PC will start on November 16, 2017 at 9:00am PST, and will end on November 19, 2017 at 12:00pm PST

It's also 60% off with Xbox Live Gold

60% off with Playstation Plus (40% w/out)

And 50% off on Steam

3 new characters (exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C???) and a new map as part of Year 2 - Season 4 "Operation White Noise" are also expected to debut next week on the PC Technical Test Server (and all platforms later) — more info on that @ the Pro League finals on the 18th.

Praise the Lord! {-}7

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Msg'd Nooblet for a Discord invite. Anyone want to add me in Discord/uPlay check the hidden.

I've got the free weekend and am noob so am looking to group up. I got a mic, and went through the tutorial (some of it, lol), and have gotten a handful of unlocks.

Game runs so well!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Still not understanding why the previous Discord isn't being used when it's had GAF siegers for the past 2 years..

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I started on PC and transitioned to PS4 when the Pro came out. My K/D and W/L doubled, but I miss the keyboard chat. It was very obvious that I was a controller player on PC tho, I don't miss that for sure.

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It says I need more units? I only 40, and it says I need 100. Anyone know how to get more units?
Just do challenges in Ubisoft games, I played the first bit of Watch Dogs for example and it gave me 30 points right away (10 points by opening it, 20 points the first act). Killing someone in multiplayer on R6 gives 10 points, using a breach charge 10 points more, reinforcing 10 points, 20 terrorist hunts give 20 points, all situations ended give 20, checking out personal stats on rainbow6.ubi.com 10 points. You should reach 100 by only doing easy stuff in R6

You probably have already done some of these things already though, but can check out https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/games inside each game are listed their respective challenges

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I started on PC and transitioned to PS4 when the Pro came out. My K/D and W/L doubled, but I miss the keyboard chat. It was very obvious that I was a controller player on PC tho, I don't miss that for sure.

Yeah coming from PS4 to PC the controls are pretty awkward, definitely was more comfortable with a Dualshock but the text chat is really nice, gives you something to do when you die.

Really sad that no unlocks carry over between consoles. It's jarring going from having everything unlocked to absolutely nothing. No way I'm buying the season pass again either, feel pretty ripped off with that.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I would really like to see an attacker who can make use of floor holes. As in, either climb up through them or create a way for other attackers to climb up through them. I think it would change a lot of levels in interesting ways.

Deleted member 11934

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would really like to see an attacker who can make use of floor holes. As in, either climb up through them or create a way for other attackers to climb up through them. I think it would change a lot of levels in interesting ways.
Basically a guy going around with one or two retractable ladders or something, not bad

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Yes! I've been harping on the same idea for ages - it would create new attack vectors and potentially create all sorts of new tactics.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Had a very intense comeback victory the other night. Was playing Bomb on Consulate. We'd gone into overtime and the other team were winning 4-3. I was playing Capitao and it was just me and two enemies left alive. Fired my smoke bolts into the cafeteria and planted the bomb and retreated to cover it from the archives corridor. Managed to drop one guy with the M249 and then had a very tense wait to hear where the last guy was.

With 10 seconds left I still hadn't seen or heard him so I fired my firebolt onto the bomb. A couple of seconds later he enters the cafeteria and I lose the gunfight. But with my bolt still burning he ended up dying to it while trying to defuse. We ended up winning the following round and the match. This caused the guy with 17 kills and 3 deaths on the other team to ragequit and we ended up winning the next round and the match. Heartpounding stuff!

It does demonstrate how useful Capitao can be in bomb though, he's very well equipped to defend it once planted.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that it's

Cav - ā - ra or Cav - ĕ - ra

Not Cav - ee a - ra

It's E-I not I-E. The 'i' is silent.

Caveira.

It sounds like our website!

Not Caviar...
Fun fact: The 'i' is only silent because she's Brazilian. If she was Portuguese the 'i' wouldn't be silent.

This gaming is so addicting. Imma play it right now before hitting the gym.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Had a very intense comeback victory the other night. Was playing Bomb on Consulate. We'd gone into overtime and the other team were winning 4-3. I was playing Capitao and it was just me and two enemies left alive. Fired my smoke bolts into the cafeteria and planted the bomb and retreated to cover it from the archives corridor. Managed to drop one guy with the M249 and then had a very tense wait to hear where the last guy was.

With 10 seconds left I still hadn't seen or heard him so I fired my firebolt onto the bomb. A couple of seconds later he enters the cafeteria and I lose the gunfight. But with my bolt still burning he ended up dying to it while trying to defuse. We ended up winning the following round and the match. This caused the guy with 17 kills and 3 deaths on the other team to ragequit and we ended up winning the next round and the match. Heartpounding stuff!

It does demonstrate how useful Capitao can be in bomb though, he's very well equipped to defend it once planted.

Yeah Cap is great for bomb, but unfortunately not too much else.

He's super situational, I wish his crossbow had a few more smokes with a bigger radius, I'd use him a lot more.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Still not understanding why the previous Discord isn't being used when it's had GAF siegers for the past 2 years..
I remember you were the one who invited me to that Discord (are you IceOrb? The mod?). I'm going to address this question in detail so that it is available for everyone to see. There is a reason for why there's a new server, the other discord has a lot of outsiders, to the point that I doubt more than half of the people there have ever even been part of this community. It is also PC only.

A bit of background information here, during whole GAF meltdown thing every community was locking up their discord and then someone from the community was going to rep everyone in the community. I wanted to do this for the Siege server but then I realised I couldn't for the simple fact that not only did the server has outsiders but also that most simply do not care about the forum or engage in the thread in any form and also because there are some genuine trolls in there. While I was trying to update the people in the server about ResetEra, most people just ignored it and the few who did reply were dismissive with comments like "I just wanna talk games", "I don't care about the forum and I don't even post there", "This is stupid internet drama and let all those people flock to one place so that we can avoid them", and also "So how can we hijack the community and expose them for being paedophiles" etc etc. There are also some people in that discord who are culturally/politically insensitive and I genuinely felt uncomfortable associating an Era community with a server that had that kind of element. Anyone who is on ResetEra right now cares atleast somewhat about all of this and retaining a sense of community and as such would understand why I felt this way.

It doesn't matter whether it was all just a joke or not, the point being when the time came for GAF's "Siege community" to unite...it wasn't possible to do so for the various aforementioned reasons as the reality is, there was no proper place for this community to unite outside of GAF, unlike other communities most of the GAF Siege community wasn't even in that server. Compare this to something like the DestinyEra discord server or StarCitizenEra discord server and almost everyone who is active and part of those communities are in that community's discord. What we had was a discord server that had some members of the community along with a lot of randoms.

I do play with the people there from time to time but I can never tell who is from the community and who isn't. You look at that discord server and tell me if it feels like an extension of this (or GAF Siege) community in any way? That is the important question.

It was for this reason that I decided to make a new server for this community and build it on a template based on the DestinyEra discord server which imo is extremely well managed, feature rich, well laid out and facilitates people from all platforms meaning it works as an extension of the community rather than a separate entity on its own.

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Cap is great for bomb, but unfortunately not too much else.

He's super situational, I wish his crossbow had a few more smokes with a bigger radius, I'd use him a lot more.

I used to play him almost exclusively while he still had his grenades, but hardly touched him ever since. Funny that.

He's good (or was good) at shutting down people who hold very tight angles ala Mira or any shotgun user. He's also great for shutting down peekers if you're attempting to push a room with multiple angles.

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So wtf?! I bought the Standard Edition on Steam for 19,99 and I didnt get any operators. I still have only the beginner one?!?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So wtf?! I bought the Standard Edition on Steam for 19,99 and I didnt get any operators. I still have only the beginner one?!?
You have to buy them using ingame currency called Renown. The difference between Starter and Standard Edition is that in the Starter Edition the base operators (the ones the game launched with, I think 16 of them) cost 12,500 Renown each, this is on top of the DLC operators that cost 25,000 Renown each (there are about 13 of them with 3 more coming next month). Basically in the entire time it takes you to unlock one base operator in Starter Edition (which is about 8-10 hours for 12,500 Renown) you can unlock ALL of the base operators in Standard Edition.

In standard edition the base operators cost between 500-2000 Renown each. basically the first unlock of a particular faction (like FBI, GIGN, GSG9) will be 500 Renown then for the each subsequent unlock for that faction it'll increase by 500 more Renown. So for example, first FBI operator will be 500, 2nd FBI operator will be 1000, 3rd will be 1500 and the 4th and final operator will be 2000 Renown. Each of the base faction has 4 operators and it works the same way for all of them. You can earn 250-550 Renown per match, you can also play Situations and watch some of the tutorial videos to basically accumulate around 2000-3000 Renown in less than an hour.

For the DLC operators it takes about 16-20 hours to accumulate 25000 Renown, now this seems a lot but for people who've been playing this game for a while it's really nothing because each DLC comes every 3-4 months and in that time you always end up accumulating enough renown to buy all the new DLC operators and still have a lot of spare Renown left....even if you only play a little bit each week. Granted this also means for newcomers it could take a while before they unlock all of them, but you have to understand it takes a LOOOONG time to learn even a single operator because of the number of ways you can exploit their abilities in the map. Even with just 5-6 operators to choose from (which you can do in like 1 hour) you'll already be overwhelmed by number of things to learn for like 10-15 hours. So don't think of it as you need to unlock everything, I have every operator unlocked in all 3 platforms and I don't even use half of them or ever bothered learning them and I have like 400 hours in Siege.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Vigil seems the most interesting to me, he seems like someone who can break the game of drones meta.
He might just work as an indirect buff to alternative methods of gaining intel on offense, like Montagne, IQ, Jackal, and course his attacking counterpart Dokkaebi.

Perhaps controversially, I like the sound of him. I also don't hate "game-breaking" concepts like Blackbeard and shields in general I love the concept of. Another attacker with a shield option a la Fuze is something I've wanted for a long time (I think that would've fit well with Ying, actually).

dis3ngag3d

Oct 26, 2017

I feel like an operator with this ability would be useless if you were attacking an objective that was on the bottom floor of a map. This would apply to basically every map. Conversely I'm trying to think of an example of a current operator that is useless in a similar sort of situation. I like that with the current set of operators their ability isn't rendered completely useless if a team chooses an objective in a certain area of the map.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I think a hatch ladder operator would make more sense as a defender in order to make upwards rotation for roamers possible and better adjoin / buff two-storey bomb sites.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've been playing the free edition and it's good, very different gameplay to any shooter I've ever played and I like it. I'm still trying to decide between starter and standard (I know standard is better but it's also 3x the price). After reading about all the operators the one I really want is the stealth girl but she's a DLC character and 25000 credits so I guess that'll take awhile either way.

I have a question about ranked, is it done well? Do you feel like everyone in the game is about the same level? And is smurfing a problem? I wouldn't mind doing some competitive if it's balanced.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I have a question about ranked, is it done well? Do you feel like everyone in the game is about the same level? And is smurfing a problem? I wouldn't mind doing some competitive if it's balanced.
Generally ranked feels pretty fair, but smurfing is a problem. Although like in any game with a smurf infestation, once you're a seasoned player yourself it's not something to really fuss about. Just prepare to be stomped starting out and for a little while after that.

Also, hey any and all smurfs out there: I'll fuckin' eat you, shitheads.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Generally ranked feels pretty fair, but smurfing is a problem. Although like in any game with a smurf infestation, once you're a seasoned player yourself it's not something to really fuss about. Just prepare to be stomped starting out and for a little while after that.

Also, hey any and all smurfs out there: I'll fuckin' eat you, shitheads.

I'm plat and my friends are silver. When I play with them we go against mostly golds and one plat. I feel like a smurf then tbh.