• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So played a game today with the most useless team ever with zero game sense, I'm talking guys who'd walk in a huge group like it's COD and leave the bomb site undefended. The kind whod'd repeat 10 times in 10 seconds that "Frost is low on health" but not tell you where (not even joking about the number). The kind who doesn't drone, or take out cameras. The kind that just rushes in like headless chicken.

Despite that we led 3-1, I aced a round and then got a 3K the next. When we were 3-1 it was at this point I realised we were going to lose the game because of how much of a buffon my teammates were and the only way we'd win it is if I win the game for us. Suffice to say we didn't win and lost 4 rounds in a row. L fuckin Mao! I hate this game at times.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So played a game today with the most useless team ever with zero game sense, I'm talking guys who'd walk in a huge group like it's COD and leave the bomb site undefended. The kind whod'd repeat 10 times in 10 seconds that "Frost is low on health" but not tell you where (not even joking about the number). The kind who doesn't drone, or take out cameras. The kind that just rushes in like headless chicken.

Despite that we led 3-1, I aced a round and then got a 3K the next. When we were 3-1 it was at this point I realised we were going to lose the game because of how much of a buffon my teammates were and the only way we'd win it is if I win the game for us. Suffice to say we didn't win and lost 4 rounds in a row. L fuckin Mao! I hate this game at times.
Sounds like your fault tbh. All you had to do was get one more ace.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017

i feel you bro, i feel you.

The struggle to soloq : ( on ps4 is the same thing.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with news on R6. Did they fix the holiday packs if you own all operators yet?

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Supposedly a picture of Gridlock and Mozzie. It does look like they have a SASR badge but its hard to tell without a more high quality image.

qT4QXB7.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Supposedly a picture of Gridlock and Mozzie. It does look like they have a SASR badge but its hard to tell without a more high quality image.

qT4QXB7.png
Yeah, it definitely looks like it on her shoulder. I don't really see it on him, maybe that's it on his chest though? I like the helmet.

Appearance doesn't really represent armor level well anymore, but because Gridlock has a lot of armor I wonder if he'll be 3-armor. That would be crazy. Mozzie looks like she could be 2-2, which would be cool since Lesion is the last defender released in that class.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
A industry friend of mine spoiled me the next ops

The next operators are called Mozzie and Gridlock. Australian ops.

Gridlock is an attacker and he puts down a red web tracker that when defenders runs into it they get damaged and it makes noise

Mozzie is defender and she puts down a device that when the enemy drones go into it, she can take control of it and use them

also he told me season 2 will have the map Kanal reworked.
Ahhh man, was hoping we'd get a new map to represent us too...

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Kanal rework? Oh god, pls no... it'll have two ways of going from one side of the building to the other, and they'll probably add other roamer-less-risky bs into it.

Edit: Take a look at Thermite doing gymnastics:

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Not really into a Kanal rework.. I already love that map and it's going to suck not being able to play it in pvp anymore. I'm not really into the Hereford rework and miss playing original Hereford so I'm wary about this happening to Kanal. Ideally they would keep both versions still in the playlists.

I also hope they don't 'modern siege map' it up with Kanal, one of the defining features of that map is that there is only one connecting bridge between both sides. Modern siege maps are so roamer heavy because they are basically mazes outside of the objectives and if they do that to Kanal which is one of the few maps that isn't like that I'm going to be disappointed.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Feeling really proud of this.

and this one too :D

at the end i was thinking if should i send the smoke or not, but was no sure if the would go throw the hole xd

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been watching my nephew play this for months, and since I saw the complete edition on sale on PS4 I figured what the hell. It's downloading now, but what are some things I need to know before jumping in?

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
So I've been watching my nephew play this for months, and since I saw the complete edition on sale on PS4 I figured what the hell. It's downloading now, but what are some things I need to know before jumping in?

Community is toxic as shit, but is fun game.

try every operator and see what you like to the most. Also this channel as some nice tips.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6k-gn9VICNXUusw5_mS0wQ/videos

also the pro league yt channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWKHac5bjhsUtSnMDFCT-7A

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Run the scenarios through, and expect to lose early on - map knowledge and awareness are key and you will have neither.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome. The varsitygaming YouTube has a decent video with most of the dlc OPs as an introduction.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Those new ops sound pretty legit. I don't know how I feel about new ops abilities and appearances being spoiled so far before the next season. Oh well.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Just to add to what others have said, don't be disheartened if you are being demolished by the enemy team or being picked on by your own team because Siege can be very rewarding.

I regard myself as pretty good at FPS games and I went into ranked as early as I could when I should have practiced more in Terrorist Hunt.
I ended up going 0-7 in one game and I made some stupid mistakes which singlehandedly lost my team the game.

You need to use your gadgets, the timer, the destructible environment, positioning, etc. to win gunfights before they happen.

Last edited:

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all. It's still downloading but I was able to try out the first Situation. As someone used to CoD the shooting is going to take some adjusting, but I dig it. Now if only it would hurry so I can play more.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks all. It's still downloading but I was able to try out the first Situation. As someone used to CoD the shooting is going to take some adjusting, but I dig it. Now if only it would hurry so I can play more.
I will note, the early situations ARE harder in some ways than later ones and actual online, mainly: You have no optics when it forcces you to use the recruit in those early missions, and the ironsights you have are COMPLETE ASS. So the shooting will take time, but it's also 'better' than what you experience in the first 3-4 scenarios.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
A industry friend of mine spoiled me the next ops

The next operators are called Mozzie and Gridlock. Australian ops.

Gridlock is an attacker and he puts down a red web tracker that when defenders runs into it they get damaged and it makes noise

Mozzie is defender and she puts down a device that when the enemy drones go into it, she can take control of it and use them

also he told me season 2 will have the map Kanal reworked.
Your industry friend sure. The leak was posted on 4chan, 2 days ago.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Well I asked him about it and he gave me Gridlock's gadget as proof. Didn't see this on 4chan.

zBFqObh.png

He claims theater mode is also being worked on.
Do you have any information about their loadout, speed and armor rating, screenshots of the new map, screenshots of the other gadget, or a preview of the new theater mode, or is this all you have? If so that's perfectly fine just asking. Thanks for posting all of this info by the way.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I hope they announce a party mode playlist for Year 4. They have a lot of the more competitive casual players and the hardcore players. Why not widen the audience and provide some fun for everyone?

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Do you have any information about their loadout, speed and armor rating, screenshots of the new map, screenshots of the other gadget, or a preview of the new theater mode, or is this all you have? If so that's perfectly fine just asking. Thanks for posting all of this info by the way.

Only thing he mentioned is the web can be punched or shot atm but it was a work in progress.

Did tease by saying he knows about ops for season 2 and 3 already but doesn't want to spoil it to the public just yet. Apparently Year 5 and 6 is pretty much set as well.

Kormora Can your industry friend put my soul at ease and tell me that, eventually, I can buy these skins?

Reddit post about possible R6 Invitational Skins that have been seen in the wild

There's been some worry that they'll only be given to Invitational attendees, but a few people in the wild have them already.

Unfortunately he can't put you at ease because its above his paygrade. His guess is if they do go on sale it'll probably be time limited with invitational.

Personal opinion: They need to improve the observer because its terrible. I dunno if i could watch another Invitational like that.

CC149er

Dec 31, 2018
Only thing he mentioned is the web can be punched or shot atm but it was a work in progress.

Did tease by saying he knows about ops for season 2 and 3 already but doesn't want to spoil it to the public just yet. Apparently Year 5 and 6 is pretty much set as well.

Unfortunately he can't put you at ease because its above his paygrade. His guess is if they do go on sale it'll probably be time limited with invitational.

Personal opinion: They need to improve the observer because its terrible. I dunno if i could watch another Invitational like that.

Oh wow thank you for the additional information. Keep us updated if he says anything new!

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I would guess that Year 5 and 6's early planning has to do with the new consoles likely being released in 2020. They need to port Siege to them, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's some overhauls that come to the game around that time. Probably better visuals, maybe some updates to the destruction system and UI as well, probably console cross-play.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I don't want Siege on it's current engine to continue much longer if I'm being honest. Didn't they mention they are running into issues already because of the current engine?

Honestly I think level destruction and lighting, ballistics, tools, and graphics could all use major upgrade for next-gen. I'd love to see R6S get closer to it's original E3 reveal. Those graphics were insane, the lighting was absolutely bonkers, and destruction + particle effects were head and shoulders above anything else at the time.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Happy New Year peeps. 3 years in and I've decided I want to play Glaz. Today was the first time I played actual rounds with him and had fun.

First highlight of the New Year.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I have a leak of the new Tachanka elite uniform.
eft_killa_art.jpg
I'm finally trying EFT after watching so many streams.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Playing Dok with a bugged gadget sure is fun. I had a match where I couldn't hear the phone ring.

Maybe instant on is causing sound issues since they seem to be happen more with me. Maestro just had them too for the evil eye.