• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I posted this before but didn't get a response.. trying one last time:

Is there a list of items in Alpha packs somewhere? I know that there are skins that you can't just buy with renown from the shop. I'm approaching 180,000 renown and I'm trying to decide if I should blow it all on alpha packs (50) or just save it and buy all of next years operators with it. There's not a lot that I haven't bought from the shop that I want. I can only think of a few items. It would be nice to look through and see what I could potentially get from alpha packs. Plus I could probably gain renown for the new ops pretty easily.

But if it's going to be most ly garbage, then maybe I don't want to.

Last edited:

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I posted this before but didn't get a response.. trying one last time:

Is there a list of items in Alpha packs somewhere? I know that there are skins that you can't just buy with renown from the shop. I'm approaching 180,000 renown and I'm trying to decide if I should blow it all on alpha packs (50) or just save it and buy all of next years operators with it. There's not a lot that I haven't bought from the shop that I want. I can only think of a few items. It would be nice to look through and see what I could potentially get from alpha packs. Plus I could probably gain renown for the new ops pretty easily.

But if it's going to be most ly garbage, then maybe I don't want to.
Here's a video: https://youtu.be/lez20VL_I2c

I wouldn't waste my renown on them but that's just me. I'd rather buy what I want. Just watch some pack opening videos to see how many commons they get.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Last night i had a game (ranked) where i join and there was no one on the other team, we choose the operators and won the game, easiest game of my life XD

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The glitched killcams are starting to get worrisome. Lots of hacking accusations being thrown around on PC. (And probably lots of reports as a result.)

Specifically, when the destruction doesn't update for all players it sometimes looks like wallhacks understandably. At this point, I'm starting to agree that maybe Operation Health 2.0 might not be such a bad idea...

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I am not in love with this game as much as I used to be. It's been pissing me the fuck off lately. All these bullshit headshots, mouse & keyboard on console, crouch spam, trolls, unbalanced teams, team killers.... It's terrible lately.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm really enjoying Frost Super 90 on Hereford. Lot's of hatches to play above and certain rooms people tend to come in the same windows every time.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I got three kills and two assists with Clash in one round and clutched it 1v2 at the end. It felt great. Top Clash performance so far. The best is when they open the Mira and think they're so smart, and now there's a hard wall between us but I can shock them. Muppets.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Ouch Clash lower than Tachanka lmao

also bring back Tower into the Ranked list. Villa sucks. New Hereford sucks. Tower is good.

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
First match in the Six Invitational playlist ---> MVP and an ace in one round:

(I also killed that Mute, but the clip wasn't long enough to catch that)

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Cav getting nerfed and spawn killing is harder?

I may need to re-download the game because Cav and Spawn killing were some of the main reasons I put it down.

Nov 18, 2017
I'm going to have to disagree with the positivity on the reddit community and elsewhere regards the Road to Six Invitational Playlist and Challenges.

1. Pick and Ban
Pick and Ban only exists as a contingency because operators are unbalanced or broken.
We shouldn't need to create new meta options by, for instance, banning hard-breachers, shields or roamers. That's not what the game is about.
The Pick and Ban phase causes a minute delay getting into the actual game. I hate it and I don't want it, I want balanced operators and if there are issues, more game mode options, for example, a mode with just the launch operators.

2. Challenges
Games like COD and Fortnite reward players with a steady stream of easy-to-obtain unlocks. Ubi are offering a free loot pack out of a set of 20+ for anyone who completes timed weekend challenges. The first one is to destroy 30x attacker drones as a defender. So you can only grind towards this goal 50% of the time, and you're competing with your fellow defenders for a max of 10 drones per round. The new playlist is structured so you play 3x attack rounds, then 3x defense rounds (or vice versa). I prefer the old alternating structure. But anyways, this means that if you're on Attack you don't get to work towards the challenge for 3x rounds, or 10-15 minutes. In an hour, I played a grand total of 3 defense rounds and snagged 5x drone kills. So, to earn enough for a loot pack I'd need to play for 6 hours. Now I might luck out and start on defense first some matches, but... this is not scratching my brain's reward centre in the same way COD and Fortnite are, it's basically telling me I don't play enough Siege for Ubisoft to consider giving me a pack. It's stingy and manipulative.

3. Loot Packs are back.
Enough with these packs Ubi. Enough.

4. Bugs & Y4
There are some major bugs in the game right now and engagement from the devs about the game's future is at a bare minimum They seem pretty complacent about the direction of content updates and the MTX model.

As someone who played the game since day one, this mode embodies everything I hate about the direction of a game I'm playing less and less, because they're now clearly targetting a different demographic of players. I haven't bought the Y4 pass, and probably just need to accept this game has changed and found a bigger audience, but it's ran out of steam for me.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
I agree with you in all.

All well and good. But where do I find a slow tactical PvP shooter on console, now Siege has jumped the shark?

I'd suffer "Black Jesus" and raptor legs just to play with the pace and balance of Black Ice (post Super 90 nerf).

Imagine if Capcom updated Resident Evil 2 to make zombie bite animations shorter, added shortcuts to skip sections, added a gatling to the first item box and just sapped away the atmosphere to tailor the game for speedrunners. And then added loot boxes unlock different RE characters. That's a flawed but demonstrative example of how I feel Ubi are treating Siege with the Pro League / "100 operators" plan, when they've lost sight of the tense, sandbox gameplay that hooked people on the first place. But as long as there are now thousands of kids posting R6 memes, Ubi will continue in this direction.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
They won't stop doing the loot packs cuz people like me whale for them to get everything without hassle.

Pick and ban is silly. But it is funny to see Ash banned (and then some rage) given how common a pick she is.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Did Ubi intentionally hide everyone's rank at the end of a ranked game? Everyone always shows up as unranked for me (and then I get "added" my total MMR)